Ten Tenets The key principles underlying 10:10
1. 10:10 is a voluntary emissions reduction campaign for any person, organisation or business to commit to cutting 10% of their emissions in a 12 month period starting in 2010.
2. 10:10 is an inclusive campaign. Every person, business and organisation is welcome to join.
3. Offsetting or emissions trading can in no circumstances be part of 10:10, as the aim is to reduce emissions directly.
4. Successes are celebrated, rather than failures highlighted, so as not to discourage people/organisations from signing-up for fear they will be criticised for failing to achieve 10%
5. Everyone who signs up should be actively encouraged to spread the word
6. Emissions savings should wherever possible be locked in for the long term
7. All campaigning organisations are free to run with 10:10 if they choose
8. 10:10 must not be used as a vehicle for personal or organisational profiteering.
9. 10:10 is a campaign for immediate reductions of greenhouse gas emissions and should not be used to push any other moral, social or political agenda.
10. People can add principles and policies but they can't change these basic Ten Tenets.