30 minutes or fewer
- 4 oz. glass (cellophane) noodles
- 3 ½ Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. lime juice
- ½ tsp. chile-garlic sauce, such as Huy Fong
- 1 ½ Tbs. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 8-oz. pkg. plain tempeh, diced
- 1 12-oz. pkg. button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 lb. baby bok choy, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 ½ Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Soak noodles in large bowl of hot water 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
2. Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and chile- garlic sauce.
3. Heat 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil in skillet over high heat. Add tempeh, and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until golden on all sides. Add 1/4 cup water, and cook 2 minutes, Transfer tempeh to bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 Tbs. sesame oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and bok choy; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in noodles and bean sprouts, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in hoisin mixture, green onions, ginger, and tempeh; stir-fry 1 minute. Serve topped with basil and peanuts.