30 minutes or fewer
- 2 large eggplant, 1 peeled and diced
- (3 cups), 1 cut into 8 slices, divided
- 3 tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 medium onion, diced (1½ cups)
- 6 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 3 Tbs. capers, drained
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss together diced eggplant, tomatoes, onion, 3 Tbs. olive oil, and garlic in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on baking sheet, and roast 25 minutes, or until vegetables are browned and tender. Transfer to food processor, and add sun-dried tomatoes, basil, olives, capers, parsley, and nutritional yeast; process until chunky-smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Heat remaining 3 Tbs. oil in grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant slices on grill pan 3 minutes per side, or until tender. Cool.
3. Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon 1/4 cup roasted vegetables onto edge of each grilled eggplant slice. Roll eggplant slices into logs, and place seam-side-down in prepared baking dish. Spoon tomato sauce over eggplant rolls in dish. Bake 10 minutes, or until tomato sauce is hot and bubbly. Garnish with basil leaves.