Hugs for Homeless Animals January 18, 2005 9:45 AM
Has anyone heard of Hugs for Homeless Animals? It's a not-for-profit group with a worldwide directory of rescue / shelter / foster organizations and appears to be very well organized. Searches are done by country, state and then area code. Reviews of the organization are allowed. They also have a "roadhouse" for pet lovers to "gather" online, a worldwide lost and found link, the Snuggles project, News Reporter, and on and on and on!
If you run a rescue and are not on the list or if you are looking to adopt a pet, you may want to contact them. I'm sure they would appreciate donations, too.
Their mission and goals are listed below the link:
Our mission and goals are:
- to be an advocate for companion animals,
- to provide comfort to those animals who are awaiting placement into good homes,
- to work with humane societies, shelters, and fostering programs to assist in increasing the availability of good permanent homes,
- to provide a working forum for shelters to communicate with their peers to improve their skills and outreach,
- to address the middle ground issue of increasing the numbers of temporary housing and health care for all homeless and displaced animals,
- to educate the public in proper care and guardianship,
- to provide an outreach lost and found pets program,
- to provide an up-to-date shelter directory of shelters, humane societies and rescue organizations around the world,
- to provide a source for improving health conditions for all companion animals,
- to provide programs to help other nonprofits to do their work to make the world a better place for people and animals.
Save a Life, Share Your Love, Adopt a Shelter Animal
[ send green star]