Rain D.How does this work October 19, 2005 7:34 AM
I have sever Ra.My bones is Reilly getting bad,I couldn't walk vary much with out medicines.Lots bad side affects.I would like to try natural healing.Thank You Michael Owens
[ send green star]
Article from internet on cinnamon and hone October 19, 2005 7:53 AM
Here's what I found the post : http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc.html?gpp=1703&pst=109839
Here's what I copies off the internet. Lost the web address. Found it by accident when I was looking up bees.
Here are some interesting facts about honey and cinnamon that was sent to me. I thought you might find them interesting also.
Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada, in its issue dated January 17, 1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists.
Heart Diseases: Make a past of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly or jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also those who already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.
Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as they age the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalizes the arteries and veins.
Arthritis: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. It taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon of honey and half teaspoon of cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
Cholesterol: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon powder mixed in 16 oz. of tea water were found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours. If taken 3 times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. As per information received in the said journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.
[ send green star]
I think you have learned the followings as I see you posting there too:
atural home remedies for the arthritis treatment.
Herbal remedies have been found to be beneficial without the side effects of conventional drug therapy. These remedies, if not actually curative, are definitely complementary.
* Drinking beetroot juice or eating a cupful of diced beetroot, whether raw or parboiled, is extremely good for arthritis. The leaves of beetroot are also beneficial. These can be cooked with diced onions. Apparently, beet roots are supposed to have immunity-enhancing properties and are particularly beneficial for arthritis of an immune-disorder etiology. Beet roots are rich in potassium and have an alkalising effect. This alkalinity is helpful in dissolving various types of salt deposits on the particular surfaces of the joints, as occurs in arthritis. Those having beetroot may have pink-or red-colored urine. This is because of the red pigment, fresh beta cyan in, that some people do not metabolize well. However, this is no cause for worry.
* Pineapple juice, a cupful taken every day (200 ml), reduces swelling and inflammation around the joints, which occurs in rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthritis. The active ingredient is a substance called bromelain that has significant anti- inflammatory action.
* Apple-cider vinegar-vinegar made from apples: A tablespoonful taken with a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water first thing in the morning is beneficial. Those who are not overweight can take more honey - a tablespoon or so. Apple-cider vinegar has a substance called mallic acid that helps remove inorganic salt deposits on particular surfaces-especially useful for nonspecific arthritis.
* Asparagus is good for those with arthritis, but definitely contraindicated for sufferers of gout. However, cherries are extremely good for relieving pain caused by gout.
* Celery is another leafy vegetable used for salads or soup seasoning which has high amounts of sodium, which helps keep the balance of lime (calcium salt) and magnesium in solution, not letting it deposit on joint surfaces. The stalk and leaves can both be used to make fresh juice. By itself, this juice is not very palatable, so an equal amount of carrot juice. can be added. A cupful of this mixture, taken morning and evening, prepared fresh and had immediately, will break down disease-producing unhealthy calcium deposits on the particular surfaces of joints. Cucumber juice can be substituted for celery juice once in a while.
* Asparagus is beneficial, as well as its seeds. Equal quantities of asparagus seeds, fenugreek seeds and black cummin seeds can be powdered and stored. One level teaspoon of this mixture taken every morning will relieve pain during the acute phase of the disease.
* Raw potato juice is beneficial for gout.
* The juice of bitter gourd is good for both gout and rheumatism.
* Wheat grass or sprouted wheat germhalf a cup taken daily-builds up the immune system and is especially good for all kinds of arthritis due to an autoimmune dysfunction, e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythromatosis and multiple sclerosis.
* Green gram is the new, fresh, just ready form of Bengal gram. Green gram is eaten in India as a green vegetable, like peas. The dried form is yellow or cream in color. A soup made with a handful of green gram, boiled, mashed well and seasoned with 2-3 crushed cloves of garlic is a good seasonal remedy for pain in the joints-a cupful of soup twice a day. Some joint pains get aggravated in winter, and green gram is harvested only in the winter months. Nature provides us with timely cures, even though we are not aware of them.
* Sesame seeds: Soak a tablespoonful of sesame seeds overnight. The softened seeds, eaten in the morning, along with the water it has been soaked in, is a preventive measure for joint pain, for those who suffer from the problem every winter. Sesame seeds are 'heat producing' and eaten only in winter.
* Fenugreek leaves, cooked in fresh coconut milk seasoned with garlic, has ingredients beneficial for seasonal joint-pain aggravation. It is a winter joint pain remedy.
* Chronic joint pains get relief after the patient has a herbal tea made from liquorice - a teaspoon of liquorice root stock in one cup of water. Boil for 5-6 minutes and drink it.
* Onion juice or warmed, mashed onion bulb, mixed with warm mustard oil, makes an effective poultice for arthritis.
* Take equal quantities of dried ginger powder, cummin powder and add half the amount of black pepper powder. Grind together and store. Have half a teaspoon of this thrice a day. It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is best to have this with water or fresh buttermilk that is not sour. By itself, it has a pungent taste, and may cause a little acidity for those with a pitta constitution.
[ send green star]