Hi Nyack how about an "E"
Hello, Joan- yes there is an E
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E _
Is their an "A" please
Hi Jon- yes, there 2 A's
_ _ _ A _ _ A _ _ _ _ E _
This post was modified from its original form on 03 Mar, 21:41
T please Nyack.
E, A, T
_ _ _ A T _ A _ T _ _ E _
R??? Can't keep up with you guys.
Is their a "C" please
E, A, T, R, C
_ _ _ A T R A _ T _ _ E R
Sumatran tiger ?
THE SUMATRAN TIGER
It is estimated that only between 500-600 Sumatran tigers remain in the wild, and the actual number may be as low as 400. And their population is dwindling rapidly.
A 1978 a tiger census reported around 1,000 Sumatran tigers still in the wild. This means over the last 25 years, the population of Sumatran tigers has been cut in half.
The Sumatran tiger is considered to be a ‘critically’ endangered species.
The Sumatran tiger is found only on the Indonesian island of Sumatra off the Malaysian Peninsula. Their habitat ranges from lowland forest to mountain forest and includes evergreen, swamp and tropical rain forests.
In recent years Sumatra has seen a great deal of agricultural growth and this has fragmented the tigers habitat. Most of the remaining Sumatran tigers now live in five National Parks, two Game Reserves, though around 100 live in an unprotected area that will most likely be lost to agriculture in the near future.
This destruction of habitat is considered the greatest threat to the survival of the Sumatran tiger, followed by poaching. The tigers are especially vulnerable to poaching in the ‘unprotected’ areas.
Although it is illegal to hunt Sumatran tigers, this has not stopped the poaching of these animals for tiger products. China is considered the largest consumer and producer of manufactured products containing tiger parts, though tiger bones and other tiger products have been found in Taiwan and South Korea, and in North American cities.
If they are to survive, or not be an endangered species, then people need to have the wisdom to see the Sumatran tiger's place in the world and in a culture.
- Save Sumatran Tigers from Extinction - The Petition Site
- Indonesia's Sumatran tiger could be the first large predator to become extinct this century,... (1740 signatures on petition)
- Save The Sumatran Tiger ! PLEASE SIGN ! ! - Care2 News Network
- Sep 11, 2011 ... There are as few as 400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild, and they're under relentless pressure from illegal poaching and forest clearances.
- Save The Sumatran Tiger - TAKE ACTION! - Care2 News Network
- Jun 16, 2011 ... Latest figures show there may only be 400 Sumatran tigers left in the world. Unless we take action now we could lose these magnificent ...
- URGENT! PLEASE SIGN! Save Sumatran Tigers from Extinction ...
- Jul 27, 2011 ... Indonesia's Sumatran tiger could be the first large predator to become extinct this century unless poaching for body parts & illegal logging in the ...
- Save the Sumatran Tiger ! Tell Mattel to dump APP ! PLEASE S ...
- Jun 15, 2011 ... Only 400 wild Sumatran tigers are left in the world. That's fewer tigers than sheets in a ream of paper. There are no tigers to spare, and there's ...
- When the myth was unable to save the Sumatran tiger - Care2 News ...
- Jun 21, 2011 ... A police officer shows the bodies of Sumatran tiger cubs as evidence in an animal traficking case in Medan, Indonesia.
- A Competition to Save the Sumatran Tiger - Care2 News Network
- Apr 25, 2010 ... Forest Friends, a joint program launched this month by the Indonesian and German chapters of the environmental group World Wildlife Fund, ...
This post was modified from its original form on 04 Mar, 11:11
Thank you Nyack, great pictures!
Thanks Brenda and thank you Nyack for the great pictures, info, and petitions (all signed).
All signed. Congratulations Olivia
You keep us busy Nyack!
Already signed March 3rd. Thank you Nyack........Congrads Olivia......
Congrats Olivia Noted info and already signed Nyack ))