SINCE WE ALWAYS HAVE NEW MEMBERS - HERE ARE THE RULES - YOU CAN ONLY GUESS 1X BEFORE NYACK COMES BACK WITH THE ANSWERS AS TO WHICH LETTERS ARE CORRECT.
HOWEVER IF YOU REALLY THINK YOU KNOW THE ANSWER - YOU CAN GUESS - BUT PLEASE DON'T GUESS UNLESS YOU ARE PRETTY SURE - IT MESSES THINGS UP IF YOU GUESS PART OF IT AND NOT ALL OF IT - THEN I NEVER KNEW WHAT LETTERS TO TAKE OFF ETC. HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE!
Sorry about the game number on last game, lol... that was #121 on my personal list of animals species to do!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
T please Nyack.
Oh boy Oh Boy! Hello Nyack, Val, and you too you little sweet koala you Brenda!
How about an "A" Please??!!
R please Nyack
T, A, R
_ _ _ _ A _ _
N please Nyack.
no N Brenda
T, A, R, N
_ _ _ _ A _ _
Nothing posting for me right now so will try and come back later - but for now - how about an E??
no E, Val
T, A, R, N, E
_ _ _ _ A _ _
Hi everyone Can't believe I'm just getting here...How about a B please Nyack
Hello there dear Barbara! ~ Hows about a "M"??????
T, A, R, N, E, B, M
B _ _ _ A _ _
Hi Marilyn How about an S Nyack ???
No S, Barbara
T, A, R, N, E, B, M, S
B _ _ _ A _ _
You are making me smile Nyack trying to figure this one out! Thanks!!! xoxox Needed it! Oh Good Grief ~ How about an "H"??? YA GOT ME
Could it be "BUFFALO" Nyack
$45,000 Reward for Murdered White Buffalo
- Target: The Hunt County Sheriff Department
- Sponsored by: Animal Advocates
Lakota Ranch, a Native American ranch in near Greenville, Texas, is offering a $45,000 reward for information leading to the killer of a rare white buffalo calf found slaughtered and skinned on April 30. The calf's mother, White Buffalo Woman, was found dead and skinned the next day.
The owner found the little buffalo. named White Medicine Cloud, after returning from a trip out of town.
The white buffalo calf is revered by Lakota Sioux, whose tribal lore said the goddess of peace once appeared in the form of a white buffalo calf. They are very rare. According to the National Bison Association, just one out of every 10 million buffalo born are white.
We ask the sherrifs' department of Greenville to bring the killers to justice.
The Hunt County Sheriff’s Department,
Sheriff Randy Meeks
2801 Stuart Street
Greenville, Texas 75401
This post was modified from its original form on 17 May, 23:20
The American bison (Bison bison), also commonly known as the American buffalo, is a North American species of bison that once roamed the grasslands of North America in massive herds. Their range once roughly comprised a triangle between the Great Bear Lake in Canada's far northwest, south to the Mexican states of Durango and Nuevo León, and east along the western boundary of the Appalachian Mountains. Because of commercial hunting and slaughter in the 19th century, the bison nearly became extinct and is today restricted to a few national parks and reserves.
Two subspecies or ecotypes have been described: the plains bison (Bison bison bison), smaller in size and with a more rounded hump, and the wood bison (Bison bison athabascae) – the larger of the two and having a taller, square hump. Furthermore, it has been suggested that the plains bison consists of a northern (Bison bison montanae) and a southern subspecies, bringing the total to three. However, this is generally not supported. The wood bison is one of the largest species of bovid in the world, surpassed by only the Italian Chianina, the Asian gaur and wild Asian water buffalo. It is the largest extant land animal in North America.
A bison has a shaggy, long, dark brown winter coat, and a lighter weight, lighter brown summer coat. As is typical in ungulates, the male bison are slightly larger than the female. Plains bison are often in the smaller range of sizes, and Wood bison in the larger range. Head-and-body length ranges from 2 to 3.5 m (6.6 to 11.5 ft) long, the tail adding 30 to 91 cm (12 to 36 in). Shoulder height in the species can range from 152 to 186 cm (60 to 73 in). Typical weight can range from 318 to 1,000 kg (700 to 2,200 lb). The heaviest wild bull ever recorded weighed 1,270 kg (2,800 lb). When raised in captivity and farmed for meat, the bison can grow unnaturally heavy and the largest semi-domestic bison weighed 1,724 kg (3,800 lb).The heads and forequarters are massive, and both sexes have short, curved horns that can grow up to 2 feet (61 cm) long, which they use in fighting for status within the herd and for defense.
Bison are herbivores, grazing on the grasses and sedges of the North American prairies. Their daily schedule involves two-hour periods of grazing, resting and cud chewing, then moving to a new location to graze again. Bison mate in August and September; gestation is 285 days. A single reddish-brown calf nurses until the next calf is born. If the cow is not pregnant, a calf will nurse for 18 months. Bison cows are mature enough to produce a calf at 3 years of age. Bison bulls may try to mate with cows at 3 years of age, but if more mature bulls are present, they may not be able to compete until they reach 5 years of age. Bison have a life expectancy of approximately 15 years in the wild and up to 25 years in captivity.
For the first two months of life, calves are lighter in color than mature bison. One very rare condition is the white buffalo, in which the calf turns entirely white. White bison are considered sacred by many Native Americans.
The term "buffalo" may be considered a misnomer for this animal, as it is only distantly related to either of the two "true buffalo," the Asian water buffalo and the African buffalo. However, "bison" is a Greek word meaning ox-like animal, while "buffalo" originated with the French fur trappers who called these massive beasts bœufs, meaning ox or bullock – so both names, "bison" and "buffalo," have a similar meaning. In reference to this animal, the term "buffalo," which dates to 1635, has a much longer history than the term "bison," which was first recorded in 1774. The American bison is more closely related to the wisent or European bison.
- bison protection - Animals - bison protection - Animals - Care2 News ...
- PABLO -- Crowds were held at lower numbers this year for the annual Bison Range roundup due to a nippier morning or possibly the lack of rambunctious bulls ...
- bison - Animals - bison - Animals - Care2 News Network
- Please Sign: Ask Poland to Consider Alternatives to Killing Rare Bison ... Poland may kill a herd of rare European bison afflicted with tuberculosis. Their experts ...
- Victory For 68 Genetically Pure Yellowstone Bison | Care2 Causes
- Dec 10, 2011 ... Last Friday, the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission voted to allow 68 bison, currently n quarantine, to be moved to two tribal ...
- Stop the Yellowstone Bison Slaughter - The Petition Site
- Help stop the slaughter of bison when they leave Yellowstone park in search of food this winter. (83770 signatures on petition)
- Ten Baby Bison Born on the Montana Prairie | Care2 Healthy Living
- May 24, 2010 ... A slew of wild baby bison have been born recently on the American Prairie Reserve in Montana. The total population of wild bison there is now ...
- Poland, Don't Kill Bison If It's Not Necessary! - The Petition Site
- Polish authorities will likely approve the killing of a herd of 25 rare European bison infected with... (35277 signatures on petition)
- Ritual Hazing, Slaughter Of Wild Bison Could Begin Soon | Care2 ...
- Jan 7, 2011 ... Because of an unsubstantiated fear that bison will transmit a disease called brucellosis to domestic cattle, bison face a grim fate: Harassed ...
- Urge Yellowstone National Park to Set Bison Free - The Petition Site
- Ask the Superintendent of Yellowstone National Park to take action in the protection of bison. (700 signatures on petition)
- Obama Administration Denies Protection to Plains Bison - Care2 ...
- Feb 25, 2011 ... In response to a petition from a private citizen and a lawsuit from the Center for Biological Diversity, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service decided ...
- american bison - Animals - american bison - Animals - Care2 News ...
- Animals (tags: animals, bison, buffalo, american bison, north american bison, wild bison, wildanimals, endangered species act, threatened species, population, ...
Congratulations Joan Good Morning guys and girls, couldn't wait to get up to play the game, and voila....HERE IT IS...so enjoyable ) ) Thanx for all the info Nyack and I had already signed the petition See ya later, Barb E. (Matrix Kitty)
Congrats Joan - have been real busy this morning and now off again.
Good one Joan! Thank you Nyack, our United States Buffalo are always under threat. Already signed this important petition for the killing of that baby white buffalo and the mom. Insane people!
Thank you for all of the great info Nyack...I have a huge file that I print out some of this information and take to my girlfriend who teaches 4th graders! So, Nyack, consider yourself a Teacher to all of us here at Care2, as well as young children here in So. California!