All the above petitions/news can still be signed,noted and shared,just closing this thread to have group better organized,hope this helps
NIRS' Petition for Rulemaking to expand emergency evacuation zone and strengthen emergency regulations is now in the middle of its official public comment period--it ends July 16. If it were up to NIRS, we wouldn't need emergency planning because all reactors would be closed; but that's not the current reality.
With hundreds of millions of Americans living within 50 miles of dangerous reactors, it is essential that the strongest possible emergency regulations are in place. Unfortunately, our current rules are not even as good as those that were in place in Japan. We can and must do better. Please send your comments in here.
NIRS Action Page
Our Action Page now includes all ongoing NIRS actions. Check it regularly to see if there is something new or that you missed!
New York City Rally, June 12
There will be a march to end nuclear energy tomorrow, June 12. Assemble at Tompkins Square Park at 7:30 pm. This is the anniversary of the June 12, 1982 anti-nuclear march that brought more than a million people to Manhattan. Sponsored by WBAI, Occupy Wall Street, Shut Indian Point Now, and more. More info here.
Berkeley California rally, June 19
There will be a rally at Berkeley City Hall at 6 pm on June 19 for a Nuclear Free California, in advance of a vote in the Berkeley City Council on this issue. If you can't make the rally, you can help anyway. More info here.
As always, thanks so much for what you do. Keep it up!
Nuclear Information and Resource Service
Last week, the Department of Energy announced that it is extending the deadline for the completion of the taxpayer loan package for construction of the Southern Company's Vogtle reactors in Georgia until the end of the year (it was supposed to be completed by the end of May). This is the latest sign that this loan is in real trouble.
Stopping this loan would not only be a blow to Vogtle, it almost certainly would end the entire nuclear loan guarantee program. More than 9300 people already have sent e-mails to DOE Secretary Chu and President Obama in opposition to this loan. It's time to really step it up and flood them with e-mails. Please join us and take action here, and then make sure to share this action with everyone you can think of. We can win this battle!
Our colleagues in Japan--at Green Action, FoE Japan and others, have issued an urgent international plea for help from across the world.
As you probably know, Japan is currently nuclear-free--all of its 50+ reactors have been shutdown since the Fukushima disaster of March 2011. But Prime Minister Noda is now seeking restart of the two nuclear reactors at Ohi as soon as possible. And this could be a prelude to more restarts.
Our friends in Japan are asking for us all to raise our voices in protest. Please act right now and sign a new petition here, which will be delivered to the Japanese embassy in the United States on Monday, June 18. If you're in the DC area and want to help deliver the petition on Monday, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Say No to Destructive Drilling in the Arctic
- Change Rattlesnake Roundups to Humane Festivals
- Take the Pledge: Join the Bluefin Boycott
- Extinction Crisis: Help Save Species Before It's Too Late
- Don’t Let BP Play Russian Roulette With the Arctic
- People's Petition to Cap Carbon Dioxide Pollution at 350 Parts Per Million
- Help Save Okinawa Dugong and Coral Reef Ecosystem
- American Jaguars Need Your Help to Survive
CURRENT ACTION CAMPAIGNS
Please click the links below to take action for endangered species and wild places
- Stop the Decimation of Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
- Tell the House to End Mountaintop-removal Mining
- Help Protect Southern California Forests
- Fight for the Future of Coral Reefs
- Protect California From Reckless Fracking
- Keep Caves Closed to Save Our Bats
- Defend Our Most Powerful Wildlife Law
- Eliminate Subsidies to Big Oil, Coal and Gas
- Keep Children and Wildlife Safe From Rat Poisons
- Cut Global Warming Pollution From Power Plants
- Protect Oregon Forests From ORV Destruction
- Protect Montana Wolves From Cruel Traps, Snares
- Stop the Polar Bear Extinction Plan
- Stop the Slaughter of U.S. Turtles
- Stop the Polar Bear Rug Trade
- Urgent Action: Reject the Senate’s Pesticide Rider
- Save Frogs From the Poison of Atrazine
- Protect the Western Arctic Reserve From Big Oil
- Don't Allow Minnesota's Wolves to Be Hunted and Trapped for Sport
- Protect Corals, Fish and Whales From Ocean Acidification
- Ask Congress to Fund the Fight to Save Bats
- Stop the NRA's Lead-poisoning Legislation
- Stand With Us to Fight Shell's Intimidation Tactics
- Support Legislation to Stop Wildlife Epidemics
- Tell the EPA: Get the Lead Out to Save Lives
- Save San Rafael's
Eleni - 1 hour ago - peta.org
I knew when I started this article that I would follow with a petition,hours have gone by now and I have just read article after article about this man.He has done this over and over to many many animals over YEARS,3 of his dogs had to be put down due to his years of repeated sex abuse to them.He has done NOTHING that the state of Ohio courts ordered him to do.He ENJOYS what he does and I don't think he will ever stop.
HERE IS MY PETITION LINK......
STOP PETER BOWER-PETITION-
Dianne Ly - 4 hours ago - examiner.com