120) New!! Pet.: Boycott Japanese Products For Dolphins And Whales http://www.thepetitionsite.com/204/450/990/boycott-japanese-products-for-dolphins-and-whales/ Japan still continues to hunt whales under the pretense of "scientific research" & plans on expanding their whaling area next year. They also hunt dolphins. The dolphin drive hunts at Taiji are the most notorious example, where whole families of dolphins are driven into a cove & massacred in the most barbaric & hideous manner. Even baby dolphins are killed or callously dumped back at sea to fend for themselves (leaving them no chance of survival), so the "fishermen" meet quota restrictions. A "lucky" few dolphins are spared to live a life of excruciating captivity in Sea Parks around the world - a lucrative trade for these so-called "poor fishermen". The drive hunts are claimed to be a tradition but in fact go back only to the 1960s. The explanation that it's tradition is a transparent justification for the millions of dollars made off the sale of dolphins & whales. Source: Axa T.
119) New!! Pet.: Tell President Obama: Ban Bee-Killing Pesticides https://takeaction.takepart.com/actions/tell-president-obama-ban-bee-killing-pesticides Tell President Obama he needs to take strong & immediate action to save Bees & ban Bee-killing pesticides now! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3834596
118) New!! Pet.: Tell EPA to Protect Our Pollinators http://org.salsalabs.com/o/2167/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=16715 Take action: demand that President Obama & the EPA protect our country's pollinators from toxic Neonicotinoids. Anna P. http://www.care2.com/news/member/862450128/3822785
117) New!! Pet.: Health Canada -- reject Bayer's risky new pesticide to Bees http://action.sumofus.org/a/canada-bees-comments/?sub=homepage If approved, this new Pesticide will likely wreak further havoc on our Bees -- which are already dying in record numbers. Last winter, almost 30% of Canada's Bee colonies were devastated. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3817464
116) New!! Pet.: Ban Bee-Killing Insecticides https://takeaction.takepart.com/actions/ban-bee-killing-insecticides Neonicotinoids make up about 20% of the global Pesticide Market, yet they've been linked to hurting local ecosystems & harming Honeybee colonies. The U.S. uses 20 times more neonicotinoids than does France, the highest user in the EU. Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, & South Dakota are the largest users of neonicotinoids in the U.S. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3817992
Planet/Oceans/Water/Ant-Arctic/Bees: Petitions List:
Planet/Oceans/Water/Ant-Arctic/Bees: Petitions List:
Planet/Oceans/Water/Ant-Arctic/Bees: Petitions List:
Planet/Oceans/Water/Ant-Arctic/Bees: Petitions List:
Planet/Oceans/Water/Ant-Arctic/Bees: Petitions List:
Video: Nature’s Inspiration – Simple Truths http://play.simpletruths.com/movie/natures-inspiration/store
Video: The Living Planet - The Open Ocean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7WtduFycDY&feature=player_embedded#
"I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend?" - Robert Redford, actor
“For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Video: Vangelis - Beautiful Planet Earth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Akb1t37T4E&feature=player_embedded#
Video: The 10 Commandments of Mother Earth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5CVigWZLVc&feature=player_embedded#!
I. Thou shall love & honor the Earth for it blesses thy life & governs thy survival.
II. Thou shall keep each day sacred to the Earth & celebrate the turning of its seasons.
III. Thou shall not hold thyself above other living things nor drive them to extinction.
IV. Thou shall give thanks for thy food, to the creatures & plants that nourish thee.
V. Thou shall educate thy offspring for multitudes of people are a blessing unto the Earth when we live in harmony.
VI. Thou shall not kill, nor waste Earth's riches upon weapons of war.
VII. Thou shall not pursue profit at the Earth's expense but strive to restore its damaged majesty.
VIII. Thou shall not hide from thyself or others the consequences of thy actions upon the Earth.
IX. Thou shall not steal from future generations by impoverishing or poisoning the Earth.
X. Thou shall consume material goods in moderation so all may share the Earth's bounty.Source: Terry V.
Video: The weekend is here... just relax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGEN-76iAk&feature=player_embedded
115) New!! Pet.: Urge President Obama to Enact Meaningful Protections for Bees http://action.beyondpesticides.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=18285 We know that the Bee crisis is No Longer A BIG Mystery. The widespread use of systemic Neonicotinoid (or Neonic) Pesticides is really detrimental to Bees. Pls urge Obama to protect pollinators.
114) New!! Pet.: Protect our Arctic http://petitions.moveon.org/greenpeace/sign/protect-our-arctic-14?source=c.em&r_by=6298291
By: Cinzia P.; To: The U.S. House of Representatives & Senate, & President Barack Obama. The Arctic is a truly special place, but it is under threat from rising temperatures, oil drilling, & industrial fishing. We ask that you use your status as a leader to endorse the Int.l Declaration on the Future of the Arctic. This charter demands action on Indigenous Peoples’ rights, Climate Change, oil drilling, & unsustainable fishing. Source: Cinzia P.
113) New!! Pet.: SAVE BEES FROM BIG AG’S CHEMICAL ATTACK! https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3511&autologin=true&s_src=EM0BEEPETMEM0714DMLOA&utm_source=link&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=email Tell EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy to heed the rising tide of evidence linking Neonics to the collapse of Bee colonies & impose an immediate moratorium on their use. Call on her to put the public interest ahead of the profits of a handful of Chemical Giants. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3790712
Video: Like to Eat? You'll Need Bees for That https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpyeRZ7Ugcw#t=11
112) New!! Pet.: Tell President Obama the seismic fight isn't over http://act.oceana.org/sign/stop_seismicletter/?source=slider The Obama Admin. released a "record of decision" to allow seismic blasting on the East Coast. This threaten to injure or kill up to 138,200 marine mammals, incl. endangered RightWhales & devastate coastal communities who depend on tourism, fishing, coastal recreation. Source: Linda T.; Desanka http://www.care2.com/news/member/293338294/3789544
Seismic Airgun Blasting: Overview
Video: The Real Story on Seismic Blasting in Our Oceans
109) New!! Pet.: This Pollinator Week, tell President Obama to stand up for Bees! http://action.foe.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=15928 Tell President Obama he needs to take strong & immediate action to save Bees! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3781959
108) New!! Pet.: Tell Hawaii County to ban Styrofoam!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/149/373/666/tell-hawaii-county-to-ban-styrofoam/ Why ban Styrofoam? Styrofoam contains polystyrene, which if leached into the ocean can have hazardous effects to oceanic health. It is consumed by marine and land animals, causing major hazards to animals such as the Hawaiian green sea turtles. Ask the Hawaii County to ban Styrofoam containers, used in restaurants & stores for takeaway meals. Styrofoam contains polystyrene, which if leached into the ocean can have the same hazardous effects as loose plastic bags once decomposed. Like plastic bags, it is light & subject to being blown about in landfills & garbage trucks, where it can be directly deposited by wind into the ocean. Styrofoam is consumed by marine & land animals, causing major hazards to animals such as the Threatened Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles. Leached polysystrene sinks to the ocean bottom, where it will act as a contaminant of not only the ocean surface but the entire sea floor. Legislation to ban Styrofoam in Hawaii is not new. Bill 40 aimed to ban Styrofoam food containers. The town of Kilauea in Kauai banned Styrofoam from its restaurants. The County of Hawaii's Dept. of Environmental Management website promotes the concept of zero waste. Author: Jessica Kuzmier http://www.care2.com/news/member/795359643/3780590
107) New!! Pet.: Help Us Save the Bees!! http://sos-bees.org/#petition?GPIOpenSpace Add your voice to thousands of people around the world who want to protect the bees by banning bee-killing pesticides & chemical-intensive industrial agriculture & promoting ecological farming. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3771203
106) New!! Pet.: Stop Amazon Selling Bee-Killing Poisons https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_Amazon_Selling_Beekilling_Poisons/?fbss Neonicotinoid insecticides have killed more than 10 million bee colonies worldwide since 1994. They have killed billions of bumblebees, butterflies, ladybirds, hoverflies & earthworms. They are the prime suspect in the death of millions of birds in Europe & the USA - by direct poisoning or by the eradication of almost all insects & worms that birds feed their chicks with. No insects = no skylarks. No worms - no blackbirds. Many garden centres in the UK have already withdrawn neonics from sale: Wickes, Homebase & Wyevale; but Amazon.co.uk & Amazon.com are selling MILLIONS of litres of neonic-based garden pesticides which kill bees & pollinators. Source Gabriela B.
105) New!! Pet.: Ban the use of Neonicotinoids on all crops grown in Canada http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/gerry-ritz-ban-neonicotinoids-save-the-bees?share_id=xybKBWMlGd&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition American beekeepers reported that about 30 to 90% of their colonies disappeared. Since then, in 35 American States, 5 Canadian provinces, & several European countries, bee colonies have been disappearing. Source Gabriela B.
103) New!! Pet.: E.P.A repeal permission for use of Bee killing pesticide Cyantranilliprole http://www.thepetitionsite.com/828/829/973/epa-repeal-permission-for-use-of-bee-killing-pesticide-cyantranilliprole/ The E.P.A (Environmental protection Authority) have authorised the use of a Bee killing pesticide. We ask them to immediately rescind this decision. Patricia R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/245799266/3771655
102) New!! Pet.: List Bees as an Endangered Species worldwide http://www.thepetitionsite.com/749/651/132/list-bees-as-an-endangered-species-worldwide/ We need to list Bees as an Endangered Species immediately! Patricia R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/245799266/3771443
The Collapse of the Bees... And How To Save Them Two new reports—one alarming & the focused on solutions—take focus on the deep crisis facing the world's best, but most threatened, pollinators. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3770514
Video: Greenbees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaE7XIlZ2Ao
99) New!! Pet.: Save Bees from a highly toxic pesticide https://secure.earthjustice.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1591&s_src=MoveOn.org_BeesAction#start Bee populations are plummeting! Yet the Environmental Protection Agency recently sided with Dow AgroSciences to approve a new, highly toxic Bee-killing pesticide called Sulfoxaflor. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3768389
98) New!! Pet.: Expose Cover-Up by Companies Linked to Bee Deaths http://animalpetitions.org/4411/expose-cover-up-by-companies-linked-to-bee-deaths/ Demand that Bayer, a leading pesticide company, stop misinforming the public about its dangerous pesticides while lobbying against bans on chemicals linked to Bee die-offs! Although the European Commission voted to temporarily ban pesticides linked to massive Bee die-offs, similar efforts have stalled in the USA. The largest producers of pesticides, incl. Bayer, have engaged in a campaign of disinformation & industry-funded science, claiming to care for the welfare of Bees while simultaneously working to kill any legislation that would ban use of their chemicals!! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3767070
97) New!! Pet.: Save Our Bees and Food From Toxic Pesticides! https://takeaction.takepart.com/actions/save-our-bees-and-food-from-toxic-pesticides A quarter of everything we eat, from apples to watermelon, depends on Bee pollination. But toxic pesticides, known as Neonicotinoids, have been linked to the mass die-off of Bees & other pollinators. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3765671
This New Finding Explains Why Bees Are Disappearing Bees have been disappearing for almost a decade now. Some sources relay that the colonies all across the world are vanishing due to pesticides, electromagnetic frequencies, mites, & even GMO crops, but researches have recently found the cause of the bee catastrophe: large numbers of Bees are dying due to cross-contamination of pollen & various pesticides. Marjolein S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/452328616/3759789
Quarter of Europe's Bumblebee Species Risk Extinction: Study Almost a quarter of European Bumblebee Species are threatened with extinction, largely because of Climate Change & intensive farming, the Int.l Union for Conservation of Nature warned! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3758186
15 Plants to Help Save Bees In the last 5 years alone 30 % of the national Bee population has disappeared & nearly a third of all Bee colonies in the U.S. have perished. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3758178
Video: Vanishing Of The Bees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3giFDIRZIgE
96) New!! Pet.: Protect Canada's Bees and pollinators https://wildernesscommittee.org/write_wild_protect_canadas_bees_and_pollinators_0 A deadly class of pesticides called neonicotinoids (neo-nicoteen-oids) is putting Bees & pollinators at risk. These pesticides have already been banned in the European Union, & the state of Oregon has also placed restrictions on the use of the substances after a massive die-off in 2013. It's time for Canada to stop dragging its feet & take real action to protect pollinators. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3757871
95) New!! Pet.: Tell Robert Niblock, CEO of Lowe’s: Stop Selling Bee-Killing Plants and Pesticides! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=13510 A recent study co-authored by the Friends of the Earth & Pesticide Research Inst. found that 7 out of 13 samples of garden plants purchased at top retailers in Washington D.C., the San Francisco Bay Area & Minneapolis contain neurotoxic pesticides known as Neonicotinoids. Neonicotinoids, made by Bayer CropScience & Syngenta, are the fastest-growing class of synthetic pesticides. They’re also linked to the mass die-off of honeybees. Source: Patricia L.
94) New!! Pet..: END ECOCIDE IN EUROPE https://www.endecocide.eu/votes/vote.php?lang=en is a global initiative, the whole world can now support the initiative & sign Eradicating Ecocide Global Initiative. Pls SIGN & SHARE. Extensive damage or destruction of Ecosystems is called Ecocide. All life on earth, our peaceful co-existence & our own well-being depends on intact ecosystems. Nature provides the necessary resources & our natural Environment. We should value & protect this generous gift. We request that crimes against nature be recognised as crime. We request direct liability for decision-makers in politics & business, as well as companies responsible for ecocide. Crimes against Nature are Crimes against Peace and Humanity. Vote to protect our natural home! Annamaria R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/118608005/3753769
93) New!! Pet.: Urge the EPA to Save Bees https://secure.defenders.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2703 Bees play an essential role in the environment & are an indispensable part of our agricultural system. Many foods that we eat depend on crops pollinated by Honeybees & 90% of all flowering plants require pollinators to reproduce. But in recent years, Bees & other pollinators have been disappearing at alarming rates, causing widespread concern that these important species could be wiped out altogether. Widely used insecticides neonicotinoids affects pollinators incl. Honeybees. Since neonicotinoids first became widely used in the mid-2000s, roughly 1/3 of America’s Honeybee colonies have collapsed each year. Allowing these insecticides to be used on farms & orchards will only make the situation worse. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently approved a new insecticide called sulfoxaflor even though their own scientists considered the product to be similar to neonicotinoids & “very highly toxic” to Honeybees. We need to ensure that this insecticide, & others like it, does not get out into the environment. We cannot afford a collapse in pollinator populations! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3747217
92) New!! Pet.: Save Bees from Deadly Pesticides http://forcechange.com/108897/save-bees-from-deadly-pesticides/#.UxHkK3_2Xnw.care2 Prevent use of insecticides which severely threaten the survival of Honeybees & other pollinating insects. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3747423
World Wildlife Day!!
91) New!! Pet.: Urge the EPA to Save Bees http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/731/622/274/ Author: Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund; Target: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Urge the EPA to refuse to approve any insecticides unless scientists confirm they present no threat to Bees and other pollinators. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3740637
News: Save the Earth, One Step at a Time Air Dry Your Clothes If you use your dryer after every wash cycle, you are probably aware of how convenient it is to put your items into the machine. You can simply grab your clothes & toss them in, without worrying too much about them. However, it does not take much more time to air dry the clothing instead. You will even save money in the long run, because your clothes will hold up much better if they are not exposed to the heat inside the dryer. Take a look at the weather forecast at the beginning of each week, & plan to wash your clothes on the warmest, sunniest day possible. Avoid Bottled Water Many people purchase bottled water because they believe it is healthier for them than drinking from the tap. That isn’t really true. You can get very clean water by simply purchasing a filter for your faucet. While you do have to pay some money up front, think of how much you will save over the course of a year. Plus, the less plastic you use, the better. Stay Away from Harmful Chemicals Unfortunately, many cleaning materials have a lot of chemicals in them. Whenever possible, simply pull out a good cleaning pad, use water & apply pressure to the area that needs attention. If something more is needed, try baking soda; it will not hurt the environment, & it should get the job done. Don’t Waste Water Most people brush their teeth at least twice per day. A startling number of those leave the water running while they do so. Each min. 3 gallons of water go to waste. Turning it off while you clean your teeth is very easy & adds up to big savings for the environment. By becoming a little “greener” in your daily life, you may actually save money in the long run. It is a win-win situation. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3717158
News: 5 Great Infographics That Highlight Key Environmental Issues With more information available to us than ever before, the rise of the infographic has never been more important in making things clear, especially when it comes to environmental issues. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3717160
90) New!! Pet.: Don't let Bayer overturn the ban on Bee-killing pesticides http://action.sumofus.org/a/bayer-bees-lawsuit/13/2/?akid=3712.3487865.4YvGPz&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=3 Bayer has just sued the European Commission to overturn a ban on the pesticides that are killing millions of Bees around the world. A huge public push won this landmark ban only months ago -- & we can't sit back & let Big Pesticide overturn it while the Bees vanish. Bayer & Syngenta, 2 of the world's largest Chemical Corporations, claim that the ban is "unjustified" & "disproportionate." But clear scientific evidence shows their products are behind the massive Bee die-off that puts our entire food chain in peril. Source: Artur B.
Video: The Most Important Topic of Our Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2x6TEeknfo#t=1566 Climate is manipulated by Raytheon, Monsanto, the Rothschilds, & the Gov.t. Formerly blue skies are covered with clouds, released by particulates dropped by commercial airliners. It is polluting the soil & water. Our health is at risk. Must see! Azaima A. http://www.care2.com/news/member/162667233/3705413
88) New!! Pet.: Ban Plastic Grocery Bags in San Diego, California! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/172/488/695/ban-plastic-grocery-bags-in-san-diego-california/ Author: Jasmine Summers-Evans - Plastic bags are everywhere: landfills, oceans, lakes, parks, & they are suffocating our wildlife. Their material comes from crude oil & natural gas. "Every time we use a plastic bag they go & get more petroleum from the Middle East & bring it over in tankers; we are extracting & destroying the Earth to use a plastic bag for 10min" Moreover, they harm wildlife & marine life. Animals both on land & in water are being strangled, choked & killed by them. They are now the 5th most common debris item found on beaches. Over 100,000 whales, seals, turtles & other marine animals are killed by them annually. Over 20 Countries have banned them already. Americans use close to 100 billion bags/year!!
87) New!! Pet.: Home Depot and Lowe's: You must stop selling Bee-killing pesticides! http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/home-depot-and-lowe-s-you-must-stop-selling-bee-killing-pesticides?akid=9567.2097000.0vPrZ6&rd=1&suppress_one_click=true&t=3 Please join me in signing this petition to demand that Home Depot and Lowe's stop selling all neonicotinoid pesticides and pre-treated potted plants that are harming our bees and pledge to not buy those products responsible for this damage. Robert T. http://www.care2.com/news/member/631213065/3684617
86) New!! Pet.: Navy to deafen 15,900 Whales and Dolphins and kill 1,800 more http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/navy-under-water-sound/?source=search Stop the killing of 1,800 Whales & Dolphins & the deafening of 15,900 more by ceasing the operation of the Navy's underwater sound system in the Hawaiian Islands, the California & Atlantic Coasts, & the Gulf of Mexico. Cal M.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3676425
85) New!! Pet.: Demand Rigorous Conservation of Indonesian Coral Reefs http://forcechange.com/85399/demand-rigorous-conservation-of-indonesian-coral-reefs/ Indonesia's efforts to protect its coral reefs have been abysmal thus far. In over ten years, it has failed to accomplish even half of what it originally intended to do. This could be turned around with a little time, effort, & funding. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3665953
84) New!! Pet.: Demand Rigorous Conservation of Indonesian Coral Reefs http://forcechange.com/85399/demand-rigorous-conservation-of-indonesian-coral-reefs/#gf_1 Destructive fishing practices, such as blast & cyanide fishing, are threatening the coral reefs of Indonesia, which are among the most biologically diverse in the world. Despite the importance of protecting the reefs, there is very little governance regarding the conservation of marine life in the Republic of Indonesia. Steadily, the health of the reefs has declined due to global warming & human activities. The plants & animals contained in the coral reefs need to be preserved with rigorous regulation. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3656524
News: Pesticides killed Bees http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2013/10/07/pesticides-killed-bees-analysis-shows An investigation revealed pesticides are to blame for local bee deaths. An investigation has revealed that pesticides killed thousands of Bees across Minneapolis last month. About half of all food is pollinated by Bees, so humans are highly dependent on them. In addition to fruits & vegetables, Honey Bees also pollinate wild flowers. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3655810
83) New!! Pet.: Don't let Bayer overturn the ban on Bee-killing pesticides http://action.sumofus.org/a/bayer-bees-lawsuit/13/2/?akid=2384.1753598.1TlMlF&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=3 223,057 Signatures - I SIGNED with all my & my family mails!! Bayer has just sued the European Commission to overturn a ban on the pesticides that are killing millions of bees around the world. A huge public push won this landmark ban only months ago -- and we can't sit back and let Big Pesticide overturn it while the bees vanish. Bayer & Syngenta, 2 of the world's largest Chemical Corporations, claim that the ban is "unjustified" & "disproportionate." But clear scientific evidence shows their products are behind the massive bee die-off that puts our entire food chain in peril. 37 million bees were discovered dead on a single Canadian farm. Unless we act now, the bees will keep dying. We have to show Bayer now that we won't tolerate it putting its profits ahead of our planet's health. If this giant Corporation manages to bully Europe into submission, it would spell disaster for the bees.Source: Ronda R.
Video: Taiji - The horror behind the curtain http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xgDkcXljh4c We have obtained shocking footage of the Dolphin hunts in Taiji, Japan. The film shows a brutal method used to kill Dolphins. Independent experts have confirmed it is a long, slow death & doesn't meet even the lowest standards applied to slaughterhouses.
Video: Humpback Whales near St. Andrews by-the-sea New Brunswick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6WJaJMmmA&feature=player_embedded
Video: Seychelles Islands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhtBt7CCc3U&feature=player_embedded
Source: Terry V.
I went there in 2001. In this video: La Digue, an astonishing beach, & Anse Lazio beach. Beautiful but Seychelles are really expensive.. just to give an idea: a Video of Seychelles 60US$, 1 packet of Malboro cigarettes 14 US$....
Some pics are in: http://picasaweb.google.com/michela.messineo
Dianne C.: Some pics from a Humpback whale watch in Maui, just for you Michela. It was a fabulous whale watch on a sail boat and we lucked into seeing many humpbacks. At one point, I looked right into the eye of one which came very close to the boat. I'll never forget that. Hard to get photos as you never know where they are going to surface
81) New!! Pet.: Save Ontario's Bees: ban the use of Neonicotinoid pesticides https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/save-ontario-s-bees-ban-the-use-of-neonicotinoid-pesticides Ontario's bees are dying in massive numbers due to the pervasive use of neonicotinoid pesticides on our agricultural field crops. A 3rd of our food relies on pollinators: without bees, Ontario's food supply could be in serious trouble. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3623015
News: Bill Seeks to Halt Bee-Killing Pesticides in U.S. http://www.ipsnews.net/2013/07/bill-seeks-to-halt-bee-killing-pesticides-in-u-s/ Two Congressional Democrats have co-sponsored new legislation called the Save America's Pollinators Act of 2013 to take emergency action to save the remaining bees in the U.S., & in turn, the U.S. food supply. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3620172
80) New!! Pet.: Ban the Pesticide Killing Honeybees http://www.thepetitionsite.com/235/669/082/ban-the-pesticide-killing-honeybees/ A pesticide approved by the Environmental Protection Agency is contributing to Honey Bee Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD). Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3616017
79) New!! Pet.: Demand Protection for Threatened Honeybees http://forcechange.com/70018/demand-protection-for-threatened-honeybees/ Tell the UK to join other European Nations in adopting measures to protect fragile Honeybee populations! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3618560
78) New!! Pet.: Tell Congress: Stop the pesticide that is killing Bees http://org.credoaction.com/petitions/tell-congress-stop-the-pesticide-that-is-killing-bees?akid=8420.2097000.y0rZMO&rd=1&t=2 With Bee populations declining across the country at an alarming rate, I urge you to support the "Save America's Pollinators Act" to restrict the use of these chemicals until we can be assured that they are safe & being used properly. Robert T. http://www.care2.com/news/member/631213065/3612788
77) New!! Pet.: USA: Save the Bees https://secure.avaaz.org/en/usa_save_the_bees/?bxAMcab&v=27215 Quietly, across the USA, millions of Bees are dying, threatening our crops & food. A new bill this week could ban one group of deadly pesticides & save bees from annihilation, but only if Congress feels the sting of public opinion. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3612404
76) New!! Pet.: Encourage Permanent Pesticide Ban to Save Bees http://forcechange.com/69071/encourage-permanent-pesticide-ban-to-save-bees/ As the Honeybee population faces further strife from companies such as Monsanto & their use of pesticides, state agencies are working to rid commercial & private use of such chemicals to save bee populations. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3611508
74) New!! Pet.: Tell Congress to Suspend Bee-Toxic Pesticides http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=11547 Neonics are the most widely used insecticides in the world, & exposure to neonics has become a key culprit in bee population losses. In June, 50,000 bumblebees were killed in a parking lot in Oregon by these very chemicals. This past spring, the European Union placed a 2-year ban on most neonics. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3611614
73) New!! Pet.: Help End Iceland's Illegal Whale Hunt! https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3097 Iceland has resumed its slaughter of endangered fin whales after a 2-year hiatus — & is set to kill up to 184 of them this season alone. Call on Interior Secretary Sally Jewell to recommend tough economic sanctions on Icelandic companies tied to whaling & compel that nation to end its illegal hunt! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3597395
News: President Obama, Act Now to Save the Bees http://ecowatch.com/2013/obama-save-the-bees/ In light of recent action in Europe to suspend the use of certain neonicotinoid pesticides, Beyond Pesticides joined 12 other environmental & advocacy organizations in urging the Obama Administration to direct the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to follow the European Union’s lead in recognizing that risks posed by these pesticides are unacceptably high, & to suspend the use of these chemicals in the U.S. to protect pollinators & the nation’s agricultural economy.Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3605197
71) New!! Pet.: Tell Home Depot and Lowes To Stop Selling Bee-Killing Pesticides http://www.takepart.com/actions/tell-home-depot-and-lowes-stop-killing-bees?cmpid=tpfood-eml-2013-06-29-monsanto
ELMWOOD - Local beekeepers are finding millions of their bees dead just after corn was planted here in the last few weeks. A honey operation in Elmwood, lost 600 hives, a total of 37 million bees.Toxic neonic pesticides are devastating honey bees. Demand that Home Depot, Lowe's & other retailers stop selling these bee-killing poisons.
News: http://www.thepost.on.ca/2013/06/19/bees-dying-by-the-millions and http://www.thepost.on.ca/2013/06/26/almost-40-million-bees-lost-from-elmwood-farm
Roshani S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/496022789/3605569
70) New!! Pet.: Join us to protect the Bees http://sos-bees.org/
By taking the pledge you are making a commitment to yourself, your community, & the environment to bring about positive change. A cleaner, greener, planet starts with you. Are you ready? Take the pledge!
Beverly M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/904222254/3582611
Video: Dance of the Honey Bee http://truth-out.org/news/item/15896-dance-of-the-honey-bee
A short documentary that takes a look at the determined, beautiful & vital role Honey Bees play in preserving life, as well as the threats Bees face from a rapidly changing landscape. "Not only are we dependent on the honey bee for much of what we eat, there is, of course, a grace & elegance they bring to the natural world that would diminish us all were they to disappear."
Tamara H.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/827502242/3568950
Video: EU bans pesticides over Bee fears http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/04/29/eu-bans-pesticides-over-bee-fears?videoId=242537247
April 29 - Europe has voted to ban 3 of the world's most widely used chemicals for 2 years after EU scientists said there were links to the decline in Bee populations, crucial to the pollination of crops.
Tamara H.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/827502242/3573577
Goal: Prevent the sale of bee-killing pesticides at America’s top two home and garden supply stores.- Across the USA, Bee populations are dying off, threatening dozens of food crops that rely on bees to pollinate them. Though many factors have contributed to the decline, a group of pesticides called neonicotinoids have been linked by researchers to bee deaths. In addition to killing bees and other pollinators directly, research suggests neonicotinoids make bees more susceptible to parasites. U.S. bee populations have declined by 800,000 colonies since 2006, & the use of neonicotinoids in agriculture & home gardens is threatening to make the collapse worse.
Source Lynn P.
Happy Mother’s Day!!!
Thanks for this awesome site and all the clicking and sharing inspired by it.
Sooner or later I should go to bed, as it's 6:10 a.m. here in Rome, but I'm still here working at my computer for Endangered Species... otherwise I become ENDANGERED too!!!........
Hugs to everybody!!! michela
Pollinators, including Honey Bees, are a central element of our food system & a critical pillar of our ecology. While the impact of Honey bees extends far beyond the pollination of commercial agricultural crops, the monetary value of just this service is estimated to be in the hundreds of billions of $ globally each year. In the past decade, extreme declines in Bee populations have been measured across North America & throughout Europe, prompting widespread concern from citizens, scientists, & many Gov.ts.
The Navy is prepared to kill more than 1,000 Whales & other marine mammals during the next 5 years of testing & training with dangerous sonar & explosives. Tell Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to direct the Navy to adopt common-sense safeguards right away that will protect marine mammals during routine training without sacrificing our national security!
Watch Video!! Lethal Sound: Deadly Sonar Harms Whales https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQi8nqNTF5Y&feature=player_embedded#!
narrated by Pierce Brosnan
The use of military sonar poses a deadly threat to whales & other marine mammals - Whales & other marine mammals rely on their hearing for life's most basic functions, such as orientation & communication. Sound is how they find food, find friends, find a mate, & find their way through the world every day. So when a sound thousands of times more powerful than a jet engine fills their ears, the results can be devastating -- & even deadly. This is the reality that whales & other marine mammals face because of human-caused noise in the ocean, whether it's the sound of airguns used in oil exploration or subs & ships emitting sonar. Manmade sound waves can drown out the noises that marine mammals rely on for their very survival, causing serious injury & even death.
Source: Dianne C.
I think this is worse than what Japan is doing to Whales & Dolphins!!!!! michela
Honey bees are dying at an alarming rate, & this winter marked the worst losses by far. U.S. beekeepers reported that as many as 50% of their Bees disappeared or died.
Source: Dianne C.
04/30/13: Despite the intense, secret lobbying by the chemical companies making billions through the sales of the neonicotinoid pesticides, the European Union sits poised to protect its vulnerable honey Bees, starting with a 2-year ban on the use of these pesticides. This moratorium provides a model for the EPA to follow in protecting the pollinators of the North American continent. Sign below to support this endeavor!!
Great news for bees! In a historic vote, the European Union (EU) passed a continent-wide restriction on the use of Bee-harming pesticides. Despite immense pressure from the pesticide industry, a majority of EU countries sided with Bees. In the U.S., policymakers have yet to step up. And with beekeepers in this country reporting record-breaking bee losses this year — up to 40% or more — action to protect Honey Bees is more urgent than ever. Bees have been dying off in droves in the U.S. since 2006. And a growing body of scientific evidence points to neonicotinoid pesticides as a key contributing factor — along with pathogens & habitat loss. Tell EPA it's time to follow the science and protect bees!
Target: EU Commission - Goal: Commend the European Commission for approving a continental ban on Bee-killing pesticides.
The EU Union voted in favor of a European ban on pesticides. These products are blamed for the deaths of millions of bees & caused a drastic decline in global bee populations. These pesticides, known as neonicotinoids, have been linked to serious harm in bees. Bees play an important role in global food production and environmental ecosystems. The imposed ban will help protect bee populations & restore environmental and agricultural balance.
Goal: Ban the sale of a nicotine-based insecticide that is decimating Bee populations in the United States.
The European Union has overruled British opposition to impose a total 2-year ban for gardeners on the use of pesticides linked to the death of Bees, with new rules setting out tight restrictions for farmers.
News: Declining Bee Populations Pose A Threat to Global Agriculture http://e360.yale.edu/feature/declining_bee_populations_pose_a_threat_to_global_agriculture/2645/
The danger that the decline of Bees & other pollinators represents to the world's food supply was highlighted this week when the European Commission decided to ban a class of pesticides suspected of playing a role in so-called "colony collapse disorder”.
Honeybees are brought in to pollinate onion crops at a California farm
A clear majority of EU countries have supported the European Commission proposal to temporarily ban three pesticides that are scientifically shown to be harmful to bees: imidacloprid & clothianidin, produced by chemical company Bayer, & thiamethoxam…
RE: The Third Rock From the Sun - 7million. That's the number of Earthlings added to our lovely planet each month, give or take. This staggering growth rate shines a very large, very bright spotlight on our spinning blue marble's very limited resources, namely food, water, & energy. Will there be enough to go around come 2100? Maybe, but only if we go all in right now on the renewable principles that will ensure a sustainable future. More solar panels & wind turbines, fewer oil derricks & coal plants. More rooftop gardens, less XL pipelines. More politicians willing to actually make an honest-to-goodness push for meaningful Climate Change legislation, fewer lawmakers who say they will, but probably don't really mean it. That includes the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Ask yourself one question: What are you doing—or, more aptly, what should you be doing—to ensure that the only planet we're ever likely to call home will be inhabitable for your children & their children?
Signed petition. Thanks for the info on penguins. I'm so sorry to know that 13 of the 17 species are in trouble!
World Penguin Day is April 25 - Right now there is an opportunity to protect these amazing animals by helping establish the world's 2 largest sanctuaries at sea around Antarctica. Adding your voice will help protect countless Penguins, Whales, Seals...Fun Facts About Penguins http://www.livescience.com/27434-penguin-facts.html?cmpid=514645
I've heard from experts that if all bees are gone forever,then we humans have just 4 years til we're dying.
Signed now almost all 54 petitions,the Care2 I've done last year.
Very wonderful and awesome videos Michela,thank you
Noted and signed,you do a big work for animals thanks too much Michela
I signed some already. I did get one more. Thanks, Michela. What a sight, I love these big babies. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Dianne, Thanks.
This post was modified from its original form on 27 Apr, 0:09
What a blessing to have this once in a lifetime experience with the Humpbacks! Thank you for sharing with us.
A popular series of garden pesticides – sold through Amazon.com & other retailers in both the U.S. & Europe – are responsible for the deaths of over 10 million bee colonies worldwide. Called neonicotinoid-based insecticides, they have also killed billions of butterflies, ladybirds, hoverflies & earthworms, the last of which serves as a primary food source for many kinds of birds.
Neonicotinoid insecticides have killed more than 10 million bee colonies worldwide since 1994. They have killed billions of bumblebees, butterflies, ladybirds, hoverflies and earthworms.
They are the prime suspect in the death of millions of birds in Europe and the USA - by direct poisoning or by the eradication of almost all insects & worms that birds feed their chicks with. No insects = no skylarks. No worms - no blackbirds.
Many garden centres in the UK have already withdrawn neonics from sale: Wickes, Homebase & Wyevale; but Amazon.co.uk & Amazon.com are selling MILLIONS of litres of neonic-based garden pesticides which kill bees & pollinators.
For the first 2 months of its life, a Lion cub stays with its mother in a den, which can range from a rock crevasse to a grassy area "If you watch Tigers or sometimes even Cheetahs, as the cubs get a little older, they get less snuggly because they're solitary cats. But with lions, they just stay snuggly forever because they're pride animals & that physical contact is really important for reinforcing the pride bond." Once it's old enough, the cub will be introduced to the pride. If the male lion is the biological father, he'll welcome the cub— If not, the cub most likely won't live for long.
The Congressional staff recently met to discuss the the toxic effects of neonicotinoid pesticides (NNI) on our pollinators- birds, bees, & butterflies. EPA plans to complete their review of these pesticides by 2018, & many specialists feel it will be too late to recover from the current adverse effects being documented.
Albatross, Falkland Islands
14) Protect whales from the Navy’s sonic onslaught! https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2819&autologin=true
Someone wants to talk to you. Everybody should see that video.
Man's relationship with the natural world:everyone should see that video.
Source: Terry V.
Up to date Michela and many thanks for all you do
Here's a story I posted that I had to share - enjoy!
As Many as 100,000 Dolphins in One Vast Pod Spotted Off San Diego
We call on the Canadian Gov.t to abandon the International Trade of Polar Bear: its parts or its derivatives; & to prohibit the Tourist Hunting of this animal.
Beautiful. Dare I say, it's higher than nature. It's the God who created nature and us and the universe. And the questions are so right on and striking. Wonderful photos, very well designed. Wow!
Sue, you have shared this and I appreciate it so very much!!! This tells the story perfectly----I only pray EVERYONE WILL LISTEN AND RESPOND!~ THIS HAS TO BE FIXED. "GOD BLESS," Many Thanks again!!~ As Always , Many Thanks Michela!!!~
News: Someone Wants to Talk to You http://www.baba-mail.com/content.aspx?emailid=2374&source=share&sourcemember=762877#.UUEcRldIjwd
Lets stop for a moment what we're doing. There's someone here who wants to talk to all of us. Someone important.
From Sue H.: Here is a link to something that came to me this morning. I want to share with everyone I know. It first made me so sad, then so happy that I found Care2 and can do a little to help make life on planet earth a little better each day.
The Arctic is one of my greatest treasures when it comes to activism. Thanks, Michela! Gladly signed and I'll note it on care2. The video, "Man" has got to be the best I've EVER seen. I'm going to make a point to contact its creator. So much said in over 3 minutes. I'll come back to watch the Cousteau video, thanks again, Michela!
Video: Ocean Wonderland – With Jean-Michel Cousteau http://livinggreenmag.com/2013/02/28/video/ocean-wonderland-with-jean-michel-cousteau/
Ocean wonderland is the first 3D Large Format underwater movie entirely shot using digital technology. Thanks to this technology, the film was shot almost entirely with natural light, thus showing for the 1st time the underwater world as it exactly is...
Mm M.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/301527819/3540319
Well, I signed and posted it on my Facebook wall. I actually expected the petition to be closed; however, it is still very open and actively being signed!!!
Video: This film should be seen by the entire world!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN8JYhByVYg&feature=player_embedded
A trailer for a film on plastics in our Oceans.
Source: Susan Allen
An important new report finds that while the Australian government has made pledges to protect Tasmania's priceless temperate rainforests, yet shockingly industrial clearcut logging of old-growth continues in what is to be a World Heritage Area. Important forest wildernesses covering some 170,000 hectares and including Butlers Gorge; and the Florentine, Weld and Styx valleys, have been nominated to be added to the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area and could finally be given protection after decades of protests. Alarmingly, however, industrial scale clear felling is still continuing within those forests, with timbers being sold as "eco ply" by the Malaysian timber industry. From the top of the "Observer Tree" in the middle of this ancient forest, conservationist Miranda Gibson is calling for your help to protect these globally significant forests. Miranda's action is part of long running grassroots campaigns to protect Tasmania's forests, which Ecological Internet has successfully participated in for nearly 20 years, including leading international protests which helped get notorious Gunns logging to stop logging old-growth forests. We need your help again to call on the Australian government to honor their international obligations and protect these World Heritage nominated old-growth temperate rainforests from industrial destruction.
Please sign and send the message
Thank you all.
SIGNED & TWEETED AND SHARE ON FACEBOOK THANKS FOR THE INFO!
47) New!! Pet.: List Axolote as Endangered Species http://www.change.org/petitions/declarar-al-axolote-ambystoma-mexicanum-como-especie-en-peligro-critico?utm_campaign=friend_inviter_chat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=permissions_dialog_true The Axolote (Ambystoma mexicanum) is endemic to a small zone in Mexico. Due to the destruction of habitat which now is only 10 m2 they are critically endangered. We ask it to be listed as critically endangered so it can be rightfully protected.
We've Reached 500,000!!! However, when we send off this petition, we want to do so with as many signatures as possible, so please continue to spread the word! The Cove exposes the slaughter of more than 20,000 dolphins & porpoises off the coast of Japan every year. Yet, the majority of the world is not aware this is happening. Be a part of the solution by signing & sharing this petition.
To: Pres. Obama, V.Pres. Biden & Japanese Ambassador to the USA.
Nancy C.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3527419
Thank you Michela. It is very beautiful and very true.
that is so beautiful! thanks Michela!
Source: Terry V.
Source: Munro T.
Bayer, the global chemical company, is manufacturing a chemical that new evidence shows is killing off bees. The global die-off of bees represents an enormous danger to the planet. 30% of our crops -- and 90% of wild plants -- rely on bees to thrive. Without bees, our entire global food supply is in serious trouble. Bayer has paid for biased research that “proves” its chemical isn’t a problem. But now independent scientists in Europe has discovered that Bayer’s chemical is a high risk to bees. The chances are high that most of us reading this email have bought a Bayer product at least once. It makes everything from Alka-Seltzer to Berocca to flea treatments for pets. Bayer knows that it needs to keep its customers happy. If it realizes that its customers are up in the arms about the European research findings that show their chemical is killing bees, it will have to put its chemical from the market. Tell Bayer it needs to pull its bee-poisoning pesticide off the market now. The dangerous chemical Bayer makes is a neonicotinoid. Neonicotonoids are soaked into seeds, spreading through the plant and killing insects stopping for a snack. These pesticides can easily be replaced by different chemicals which don’t soak so deeply into our crops. But companies like Bayer make a fortune from selling neonicotinoids - so they’ll do everything they can to protect their profit.Jill V.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/478413351/3524881
Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3523788
Source: Helen P., Sravya B., Frans B.
Source: Terry V.
Thank you for the videos. What kind of world are we going to leave to our children?
Video: Phil Collins - I Don't Care Anymore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWdiN1EqHE&feature=player_embedded#!
Thank you, Michela. Those little ones are so clumsy and cute at the same time! But where was the film made? Were the parents killed? If so, why? The babies look well taken care of, though.
These beautiful animals made me laugh out loud! Thank you so much for sharing them.
Source: Giana P.
What a Darling Family Michela :-) ... Love The Polar Bears :) :)
Sad thoug cute picture. To me, it shows how the polar bear's universe is disappearing.
Thank you Michela. I love your quotes. I totally agree with J-Y Cousteau but the Apache blessing is also so true and romantic!
I wish you a happy New Yeazr. May your wished come true - I think of orang utans, tigers, gorillas, ...
Thank you for your pictures of the Plazza Duomo square and of the Colosseum! They look like a dream. I could have painted the first one (Piazza Duomo square) for the atmosphere that pervades it.
A mischievous Marmot has a taste of life on the other side of the lens. The cute creature took the opportunity to take some pictures itself after spotting an unattended camera. The notoriously shy creature approached this camera, stood on its hind legs & looked through the lens. Other marmots later joined in the fun
A school of dolphins become fascinated by a penguin at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, in CA. Fozzie, the African penguin, was busy minding his own business when his antics suddenly proved mesmerising to one of the dolphins. Before long he was joined by a friend, & then another, & then another. Little Fozzie seems oblivious to all the attention
This incredible photo shows an Otter appearing to seek guidance by praying
Thank you so much for the video, Michela. It was just beautiful. Thank you for all your hard work. Love you.
Thank you for supporting our global conservation efforts. Together, we are helping to protect threatened species, conserve our world's most ecologically important places and support local communities.Source: Sheila S.
Video: 'Creating the Spectacle!' Online - Part 1 - Finding Freedom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPh533ht5AU&feature=player_embedded
A woman in a wheelchair snorkeling at a coral reef
Source: Sheila S..
The Ocean. From above, a simple blanket of water. But below, a complex world full of color, life, & wonder. This is the coral reef, a timeless thing of beauty for all to enjoy. And yet, mankind's actions have destroyed over one quarter of the world's reefs.~ Jean-Michel Cousteau
Source: Terry V.
Source: Helmut H.
Video: Planet Earth: Amazing nature scenery http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v2L2UGZJAM&feature=player_embedded
Source: Helmut H.
Video: Beautiful Commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck
Source: Giana P.
beautiful, sorry, Michela I can't send you another green star yet!
“For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” ~Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Deep Blue Oceans, Animals of the deep blue sea, inspirational Music
Source: Terry V.
Ha ha! Who says animals can't smile?
From Chris W.
Source: Terry V.
Apparently, man is the only one who loves killing for the fun of it. He would have an awful lot to learn from animals.
A villager carrying stranded kittens ..., a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl...
Chidren and poor people are apparently much more compassionate. I guess they would never shoot at wolves from a helicopter!
Cute! A cat can also be man's best friend. There is really no need to toss cats like that Flemish 'artist'!
Video: Cheetah & Dog are Raised as Brothers - & Best Friends
Source: Jaya S.
Source: Terry V.
Thank you, Michela, for that beautiful message which corresponds to what you're doing your best to achieve.
The Earth is not only an Environment. "She" is "Us". Her trees are our lungs, & her waterways are our circulatory system.
Her cry reflects the cry of our own species as we disrespect, destroy & exploit one another.
"We" are the generation that has perpetuated the practices that have created the deterioration of our Holy Mother Earth, & we stand accused. In this song, the voices of our children plead & demand for restoration of the planet. There is only one force that is capable of achieving what they now ask of us...Heal the Earth with the power of Love….Source: Linda R.
It's high time producers of pesticides took their responsibilities
1. to stop producing pesticides.
2. to restore all that their pesticides have destroyed in nature.
Target: Environmental Protection Agency
Goal: Create stricter standards and enforcement of water pollution laws, specifically in regard to ocean acidity levelCher: http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3474114
News: Pesticides Killing Bumblebees http://www.greenerideal.com/science/1023-pesticides-killing-bumblebees/ A new report in Nature proclaims that exposure to neonicotinoid & pyrethroid pesticides “impairs natural foraging behavior and increases worker mortality” in bumblebees, “leading to significant reductions in brood development and colony success.” The exposure levels cited in the report are similar to those found in fields. Exposure to pesticides resulted in the deaths of roughly two-thirds of the bees.There’s no denying that bees are important for our environment, and bumblebees have an important role. “Bumblebees are just as important in providing the pollination that creates much of the food we eat. Tomatoes, for example, rely on bumblebees. Furthermore, bumblebees are very different, bigger in size individually, but living in colonies of just dozens, compared to the tens of thousands in honey bee colonies.”
36) URGENT!!! New!! Pet.: Days to save the Antarctic Ocean http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_southern_ocean_5/?bGjdqcb 909,343 Signatures I signed with all my family Mails, michela. Within days, Gov.ts could begin turning wide stretches of the Antarctic ocean into the world's largest marine sanctuary, saving the Habitat of Whales, Penguins, & thousands of other Polar Species from Industrial Fishing fleets. But they won’t act unless we speak out now.
Most countries support the sanctuary, but Russia, South Korea & a few others are threatening to vote it down so they can plunder these seas now that others have been fished to death. This week, a small group of negotiators will meet behind closed doors to make a decision. A massive people-powered surge could break open the talks, isolate those attempting to block the sanctuary, & secure a deal to protect over 6 million square kilometers of the precious Antarctic ocean.
The whales & penguins can't speak for themselves, so it's up to us to defend them. Let's change negotiators' minds with a massive wave of public pressure - Avaaz will surround the meeting with hard-hitting ads, & together we'll deliver our message to delegates via a deafening cry on social networks. Sign & share this urgent petition!!!
Hi Michela Thanx for posting this Fantastic Poster :-) Thanx Krystal for submitting it to Share :-) ...... Huggggs ) ) ) Barb E.
Thanks Michela! For the Lovely Honor of posting the Video here! I feel blessed :) and went through and signed this very LONG line of petitions :P :) gladly ... As an animal activist and wildlife biologist raised with my mother ( Roxie) who if your not aware has been involved with 30 years of animal activism. Me and my family were raised running with her on rescues and ocean biology, Then of course in the Arctic. Before we came back to the lower 48 following the caribou and the travels of the wolf packs. Which started the family on the Wolf Army and saving them from the execution. blah blah blah...but here we are now..many miles later and enough chit chat.... BUT Thanks.... and stay strong..power with the warriors, our jobs are never done.
I do remember their existence! I love wolves. I find them magnificent, intelligent, etc. etc. I find it horrible that their predicament has been decided by one person. Some people are so egoistical that they just don't care about animals. I really wish wolves would be left alone.
A lot of people should read the commandments and apply them. It would do good to the earth.
Great Graphic Michela :) :) Thank-You so much !!! Hugggs and a couple of xx's too !
Video: Where the Hell is Matt? 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwe-pA6TaZk&feature=player_embedded#!
By Kit B.: I thought only, "We are one..." watch and enjoy. Wake up and fall in love with being human
Video: Robert Mirabal - Medicine Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6dlRG8_XYU&feature=colike Native American music
First one got trolled and removed, sigh, reported as inappropriate
I love, respect & admire Native American Music, Ancient Wisdom & Culture!!! michela
not always posting...still in my heart
just on alloted tether time
Big Hugs for all you do, Michela
Video: You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvfqmo0V_4w&feature=player_embedded
Source: Terry V.
Video: You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA6wCBtyRsY&feature=player_embedded
34) New!! Pet. Tell the EPA to Outlaw Deadly Insecticide http://forcechange.com/35265/tell-the-epa-to-outlaw-deadly-insecticide/
Target: Environmental Protection Agency
Albert Einstein once theorized that if the honeybee were to disappear from the face of the Earth then humans would soon follow. It is imperative that the U.S. ceases using clothianidin immediately. As an insecticide it has proven to be too good at its job. The lives of humans are inextricably bound to the lives of bees & we must do whatever we can to save them. Humans & the Earth cannot afford to lose bees. Tell the EPA that clothianidin must be removed from the market will all haste: human lives depend on it.
Signed - love the photos!
Thank you for finding 'The healing Power of Nature' well written and so true and
the buck licking the cat is awesome.
33) New!! Pet.: Tell EPA: Honey Bees Can't Wait – Ban Clothianidin NOW http://soe.salsalabs.com/o/1/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=276&track=2012_0924_Oceana_Honey_Bee_Alert
The pesticide Clothianidin may be killing our honey bees off by the billions, destroying a key species & endangering our food supply in the process. The EPA wants to wait until 2018 to review the safety of this suspiciously approved pesticide but our honey bees can't wait 6 more years. And every bee colony that collapses threatens the future of our food supply... France, Italy, Slovenia, & Germany have already banned Clothianidin over concerns of its role in Colony Collapse Disorder.
Signed thank you Michela and thank you for the beautiful pictures, love the tiger cub. :)
Thank you for this beautiful picture. We now have to keep the diversity of corals In the N. Mozmbique Channel... and develop it elsewhere in the Indian Ocean, if possible.
Just Beautiful My Dear friend :-) Thnx for sharing ) ) ) Barb E. Hugggs too ) ) )
News: The Healing Power of Nature http://livinggreenmag.com/2012/09/17/mother-nature/the-healing-power-of-nature-excerpt-of-diane-ackermans-essay-from-hope-beneath-our-feet-restoring-our-place-in-the-natural-world/
The vanishing Rainforests contain pharmaceuticals we might need to survive; the Antarctic icecap holds a vast store of fresh drinking water; thick Forests ensure that we’ll have oxygen to breathe. But another reason is older & less tangible, a matter of ecopsychology. We need a healthy, thriving, bustling natural world so that we can be healthy, so that we can feel whole. Our word “whole” comes from the same ancient root as “holy.” It was one of the first concepts that human beings needed to express, & it meant the healthy interrelatedness of all things (& the miracle of it all). “Mother Earth” we often call the planet. If earth is our mother, then we have many siblings among the other animals, many rooms in our home. Most of the time we forget that simple truth, & even pretend that we could live outside nature, that nature doesn’t include us.
Thanks Michela, signed, and yes really beautiful pictures.
beautiful beautiful pictures throughout this group post!
save earth, its our home....the only one for life.....
"If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals."- Albert Einstein
“Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal."- Ecclesiastes 3:19
A Polar Bear family swim in formation after the cubs caught the eye of a hungry male bear, at Spitsbergen in Norway
Polar Bear mum with cubs
News: 10 Endangered Animals You Never Even Knew Existed http://www.takepart.com/photos/ten-endangered-animals-youve-never-seen?cmpid=tpanimals-eml-2012-09-20-endangered Priceless or worthless? We have the power to decide the fate of these threatened creatures.
Wooly Spider Monkey-Brazil & Vaquita -Gulf of California:
TY for this beautiful video. But we already know what it says, don't we?
Video: Earth Cry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jppmMcjgWS0&feature=player_embedded#!
The Earth is not only an environment. "She" is "Us". Her trees are our lungs, & her waterways are our circulatory system. Her cry reflects the cry of our own species as we disrespect, destroy & exploit one another. "We" are the generation that has perpetuated the practices that have created the deterioration of our Holy Mother Earth, & we stand accused. In this song, the voices of our children plead & demand for restoration of the planet. There is only one force that is capable of achieving what they now ask of us...
Source: Terry V.
Breathtaking views! Venus used to be like our planet. We'd better take good care of the earth: we only have one and it can disappear more rapidly than we imagine
Thank you for your 2 pictures of polar bears, Michela. The bears are magnificent but their plight doesn't seem to get any better.
28) New!! Pet. Save BC's Great Bear Region from Enbridge's Tar Sands Pipeline! http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_Enbridges_Northern_Gateway_pipeline/?whtizcb 12,191Sign. BC's Great Bear Rainforest (the world's largest remaining coastal temperate Rainforest) is under siege! Plans by Canada's Gov.t are underway to build the 1170Km long NGateway pipeline.
Source: Martina Z.
Video: Our Wonderful Earth & Creatures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thuViaxRd_w&feature=player_embedded#!
Video: Breathtaking Earth Scenes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUwYeGc7F7E&feature=player_embedded
Video: Our Mother Earth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP-WctoP5uE
We have no planet B for life we must save the one we have... Nature & Wildlife respect Balance…except Men that probably did not deserve such Beauty, as Men are destroying everything!!! Michela
The world is so incredibly beautiful and moving, we are really stupid to destroy such a masterpiece;
Mauyak, a Beluga Whale at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium, swims with her newly born calf
Polar Bears Liya & Nelson interact at Sea World, Brisbane, Australia
Polar Bears Liya & Nelson interact at Sea World, Brisbane, Australia
2 young Brown Bears fight while playing in Lake Clark Nat.l Park, Alaska
2 young Brown Bears fight while playing in Lake Clark Nat.l Park, Alaska
Two Hummingbirds - a velvet-purple coronet & a buff-tailed coronet - fight over a colourful banana flower in Mindo, Ecuador
26) New!! Urgent!! Pet.: 3 Days to Stop the Corporate Death Star http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_corporate_death_star/?bcEmKab&v=17866 256,971 Sign. We have just 3 days to stop it!!