Soy vey! Monsanto just lost its GM permit in the Yucatán Monsanto has lost GM permit in Mexico! A judge in Mexico has revoked Monsanto’s permit to plant Genetically Engineered soy in the Yucatán peninsula. The permit authorised Monsanto to plant its seeds in 7 states, over more than 253,000 hectares (625,000 acres), despite protests from thousands of Mayan farmers & beekeepers, Greenpeace, the Mexican Nat.l Commission for the Knowledge & Use of Biodiversity, the Nat.l Commission of Natural Protected Areas & the Nat.l Institute of Ecology. Wolfgang W. http://www.care2.com/news/member/852781407/3795963
154) New!! Pet.: Tell Starbucks to serve only organic milk from cows not fed GMOs http://action.greenamerica.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/%3Faction_KEY=13224%26tag=ocean Source: Marsha A.
GMO Inside https://www.facebook.com/GmoInside is a campaign of Green America. You can find out more about Green America by visiting http://www.greenamerica.org. In 2013 GMO Inside launched a campaign to get Cheerios to go non-GMO. In a stunning display of the power of consumer action, the campaign was victorious. Earlier this year, General Mills announced that it was reformulating the yellow box (original flavor) Cheerios to be made without the use of genetically modified ingredients. Now GMO Inside is focusing its next campaign on Starbucks. The Co. uses more than 93 million gallons of milk per year. While Starbucks offers organic soymilk, all of its cows milk comes from factory-farmed animals who are fed Genetically Modified feed.
Monsanto Linked to Fatal Kidney Disease Epidemic: Could It Topple the Company? Monsanto's herbicide Roundup containing glyphosate has been linked to an ailment in humans that has appeared across multiple continents. An article including information about the history of Glyphosate originally a descaling agent used to clean pipes. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3788613
153) New!! Pet.: Say No GMO! http://www.farmersmarketactioncommittee.org/ Americans overwhelmingly want our foods labeled so we know whether or not it is genetically manipulated or engineered. But Monsanto & other huge industrial agra-food Corporations are spending millions on high priced lobbyists to keep this information secret! President Obama can direct the Food & Drug Admin. to require food products which contain GMOs to disclose this information to consumers. California's Senior Senator Diane Feinstein recently disclosed that the President has this power, & strongly urged the President to take action now. Your Farmers Market Action Committee has endorsed this plan. Now we need thousands of emails to the White House to show that you & millions of Americans really want GMOs labeled! Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3786175
152) New!! Pet.: Monsanto's 'Roundup Ready' GM maize could be growing in Europe next year http://action.sumofus.org/a/gm-crops-europe/?sub=homepage Europe may have just opened the floodgates for Monsanto to grow its Genetically Modified crops across the continent. But the European Parliament can still vote to stop this. I Signed with all my & my family mails!!! Cal M.
151) New!! Pet.: Keep Toxic New Agent Orange GMOs off Your Plate! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/stop_Monsanto_and_Dows_new_toxic_GMO_chemical_cocktail/?akid=1259.421592.cCyqIn&rd=1&t=8 The 1st generation of biotech crops has failed. And failed badly. Now the biotech industry is stepping up the chemical arms race in an effort to make up for the failure of Monsanto's Roundup. Excessive use of Roundup by GMO farmers has led million of… Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3784679
150) New!! Pet.: The best way to stop Monsanto https://secure.avaaz.org/en/seed_exchange_nd_loc/?slideshow The source of our planet’s food is under threat. Ten agro-chemical firms own 73% of the commercial seed market, & as many as 93% of seed varieties have gone extinct. In the US alone 85% of apple varieties have disappeared. Monsanto & Co. are privatising the genesis of nature. And this Corporate takeover is decimating sustainable farming, destroying the diversity of our crops, & making them vulnerable to diseases that could threaten our food security. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3786630
149) New!! Pet.: Include GMO Content Information on Food Nutrition Facts Labels https://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/change-nutrition-facts-labeling-to-show-gmo-content?akid=11033.188821.mhuQtA&rd=1&suppress_one_click=true&t=4 Add specific information about Genetically Modified organism (GMO) content to food Nutrition Facts labels & one of the 2 following blanket statements, as applicable: "Contains one or more GMOs" OR "Does not contain any GMOs". Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3783136
The Next Generation of GM Crops Has Arrived—And So Has the Controversy The 1st of a new generation of Genetically Modified crops is poised to win Gov.t approval in the USA, igniting a controversy that may continue for years, foreshadowing the future of Genetically Modified crops. More toxic & damaging! Betsy Bee http://www.care2.com/news/member/444864297/3782778
148) New!! Pet.: Stop Poisoning Paradise! Stand With Kaua'i in their Battle Against Excessive Pesticide Use http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/705/260/897/ Kaua'i, Hawaii a world treasure: ecologically unique, famous for its beauty. It’s also Ground Zero in the fight against Chemical Cos. & the excessive use of pesticides in our food & on workers & people in nearby communities. Dow, DuPont Pioneer, Syngenta & BASF 4 of the largest Chemical Cos. turned parts of Kaua'i into 1 of the most toxic chemical environments in all of American agriculture. Exploiting 3-4 growing seasons/year, experiments with extremely excessive amounts of the most toxic agricultural chemicals to develop pesticide-tolerant crops (i.e. the food we eat). Their aim: increase profits by selling more chemicals & patented seeds that only work with their chemicals. Kauai people & land: bombarded daily & up to 10-16 times/day, with neurotoxins, carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, mixed pesticide-cocktails with unknown & untested impacts. We will not stand by as they exploit people & land for their own profits. Tell the Chemical Cos. to stop poisoning paradise, join the global movement to stop them in their drive to hook our food system on their chemicals. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3780235
147) New!! Pet.: Stand with Vermont: Fight Monsanto! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/267/733/713/stand-with-vermont-fight-monsanto/ Vermont is a little state that is taking on the titan Monsanto. Monsanto is suing Vermont for telling them where they can shove their G.M.O.'s. (Genetically Modified Organisms) often used in foods. Ashley H. http://www.care2.com/news/member/875844399/3779549
Monarch Butterfly Decline Linked to Spread of GM Crops The main cause of the Monarch Butterfly's decline is the loss of milkweed -- its food -- in its U.S. breeding grounds. That all but confirms that the spread of Genetically Modified crops is indirectly killing the Monarch. Betsy Bee http://www.care2.com/news/member/444864297/3777339
146) New!! Pet.: Make it illegal not to label products containing G.M.O.s http://www.thepetitionsite.com/194/343/349/make-it-illegal-not-to-label-products-containing-gmo-profucts/ Monsanto are determind to stop us from finding out which products contain G.M.O's. They have even decided to sue Vermont because they want these products labelled. They are running scared because they know these products are dangerous. We Demand the right to know if G.M.O’s are present in the food we & our children & even our animals eat. These organisms have never been sufficiently tested to the point that any sane & competent scientist will say they are safe. Patricia R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/245799266/3776306
145) New!! Pet.: Monsanto: Don't sue the state of Vermont http://action.sumofus.org/a/monsanto-sues-vermonts/?akid=5559.148817.ewa7iu&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=3 Tell Monsanto: Don't sue Vermont for its decision to label GMO foods. Monsanto is making outlandish claims in protest, including one that a labeling requirement would be a violation to the company’s freedom of speech. It's ready to put its Corporate muscles to work to thump the state's decision, just as it has before: It recently successfully conspired with DuPoint & Kraft Foods to grossly outspend & defeat supporters of similar laws in California & Washington. Robert T. http://www.care2.com/news/member/631213065/3776218
144) New!! Pet.: Ban G.M.O products until proper safety testing has been done to ensure the safety of consumers and children http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/872/484/829/ These products have never been sufficiently tested to discover the long term effects of consumption on Adults or Children!! Patricia R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/245799266/3775322
143) New!! Pet.: Boycott Coca-Cola now!! http://cokeboycott.com/ Coca-Cola secretly funneled more than $1.5 million through a business association in order to block an initiative that would have required the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). Now GMO labeling initiatives are developing in 29 States incl. Oregon & Vermont. It’s time for the Co. to stop fighting our right to know what’s in our food. We’re engaging hundreds of thousands of people worldwide to spread the word about Coca-Cola’s secret campaign contributions, & encouraging people to boycott the brands they market as healthier alternatives until they change their ways. Facebook & Twitter links to spread the Message. Source: Janice T.
142) New!! Pet.: Please make Girl Scout cookies without GMOs http://www.change.org/petitions/abc-bakers-please-make-girl-scout-cookies-without-gmos If ABC Bakers continues to make cookies with GMO ingredients, our soil will continue to be saturated with pesticides. Our Farmer’s will continue to pay higher prices for seeds & purchase larger quantities of pesticides. Our Organic farmers will continue to struggle. Our Bees will continue to die off. In eating the cookies we will continue to gamble with our health. “If ABC Bakers don’t make cookies without GMOs, everyone could get sick & not even know it” Pls sign asking ABC Bakers to make Girl Scout cookies without GMOs! Source: Janice T.
141) New!! Pet.: Stop GE Crop Field Trials! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=11103 USDA has continued to allow Monsanto to conduct GE wheat field trials, despite unanswered questions as to how the company’s product contaminated Oregon wheat last year. As we’ve warned for over a decade, contamination is inevitable when irresponsible companies like Monsanto are allowed to experiment with our food supply while USDA is asleep at the wheel. How many times does this have to happen before we finally put a stop to these risky GE field trials? USDA has a terrible track record overseeing these field trials. Even the USDA’s own Inspector General issued a scathing report detailing numerous violations of agency rules in regulating GE crop field trials. USDA officials did not know the locations of many field trials it was charged with regulating & did not conduct required inspections of others. Tell Congress & the USDA to stop open-air field trials of GE crops! Source: Janice T.
First Long Term Scientific Study Results on Pigs and Cattle who eat GMO Soy and Corn offers frightening results!! Results of a long-term, peer-reviewed study conducted by a group of Scientists led by Dr Judy Carman of the Institute of Health & Environmental Research in Australia has been released & it proves that GMOs are anything but 'safe'! Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3774043
March Against Monsanto News From Everywhere To the rhythms of drums & chants, concerned people took to the streets across 436 cities in 52 countries on May 24. The message was clear: smash Monsanto. With thousands marching from coast to coast, Canada to Argentina, & around the world, the day of protest has emerged as one of the largest global events—& it has only been around for two years. However, more than small hopes for a mandatory labeling of genetically modified products, smashing Monsanto entails a larger transformation of the modern relationship between people and food. Betsy Bee http://www.care2.com/news/member/444864297/3773711
Video: March Against Monsanto in Freiburg, Germany May 24, 2014 Source: Gabriela B. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFdY8_G60Vk&feature=youtu.be
140) New!! Action: Find A March Against Monsanto Near You this May 24, 2014 http://fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2014/may/23/find_a_march_against_monsanto_m24_2014/?akid=1241.302707.AyGS92&rd=1&t=5 Why we're marching: to Stop the continued corruption of our Democracy, the poisoning of our Environment, the Loss of Biodiversity & the continued assault on the basic rights of Farmers & Citizens around the World. Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3773042
6 Terrifying Things Monsanto Does: Why You Should Join the 2nd Global Protest on Saturday Millions of activists from around the world will once again March Against Monsanto. Frustrated that she couldn’t feed her family pesticide-free foods that hadn’t been genetically altered without spending a small fortune, a Utah mom named Tami Canal organized the 1st March Against Monsanto effort last year. What began as the young mother’s Facebook call to action has evolved into an ongoing global movement against harmful pesticides & rampant genetic engineering (GE) of the food supply (which still lacks independent, peer-reviewed studies to back up its safety). Wolfgang W. http://www.care2.com/news/member/852781407/3773251
139) New!! Pet.: Reject the Next Generation of GMO Crops and Pesticides http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/763/771/586/ Target: Pres. Obama & USDA Secretary. The USDA is poised to allow farmers to plant 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) resistant corn & soy. This would allow farmers to plant these crops wherever they please without any Gov.t oversight, disregarding the harms they will cause!! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3772412
2 Oregon Counties Vote to Ban Genetically Engineered Crops despite massive contributions by Monsanto & Corporate Agribusines Jackson County's Measure 15-119 passed overwhelmingly, by 66% to 34%. Proponents of the ban raised only $375,000 compared with a record nearly $1 million raised by the opposition, which included agribusiness giants Monsanto, Syngenta and...
May 24: March against Monsanto EVERYWHERE!!
138) New!! Pet.: I am against GMOs & say NO to Monsanto - Ripudio i transgenici e dico NO a Monsanto https://www.salviamolaforesta.org/mailalert/951/ripudio-i-transgenici-e-dico-no-a-monsanto May 24, March against Monsanto EVERYWHERE!! Source: Cinzia P.
137) New!! Pet.: Tell the EPA and FDA: Immediately suspend Monsanto's Roundup herbicide http://act.credoaction.com/sign/suspend_roundup?akid=10689.4350611.tYW6uZ&rd=1&t=3 The introduction of Roundup in 1973 corresponded with a rise in conditions incl. celiac disease (gluten intolerance), autism, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, obesity, pancreatic cancer, thyroid cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Parkinson's & others. And its use - along with the rates of many of these diseases - has gone stratospheric over the last 15 years, with the approval of Monsanto's GMO "Roundup Ready" crops specifically engineered to tolerate massive exposure to glyphosate. Roundup is now used all over the world on staple crops like wheat & soy, & has become the most widely used herbicide in the US. Despite these trends, the EPA & FDA still consider glyphosate to be relatively safe & harmless - based largely on unpublished, industry-produced studies. That position is looking increasingly dangerous, & possibly wrong. Krista S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/504132205/3770901
136) New!! Action: Two Free Smartphone Apps That Will Eliminate Monsanto, Aspartame, HFCS & Processed Foods http://www.in5d.com/2-free-smartphone-apps-you-need-today.html Buycott is a free smartphone app that allows you to scan any given product at the grocery store & not only tells you which foods are ultimately linked to Monsanto & their GMO's but also companies who are engaging in cruelty to animals. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3769256
Global GMO Free Coalition Brings Together 4.5 Million People to Fight Biotech Industry Propaganda The Global GMO Free Coalition has launched on Tuesday, bringing together GMO Free groups across 6 Continents with a partner membership of over 4.5 Million people. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3772212
Dr. Thierry Vrain, Former Pro-GMO Scientist, Speaks Up Dr. Vrain, a former genetic engineer & soil biologist with Agriculture Canada, gives a informative interview whose podcast message is to alarm the public about the dangers of GMOs & Glyphosate to both the environment & to human health. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3768798
135) New!! Pet.: Tell EPC Member States: Don't Let Monsanto Buy Up Mother Earth! http://act.watchdog.net/petitions/2739?n=69160697.fLzQFX Monsanto isn't satisfied with just selling us herbicides & pesticides for coating our crops. Now they're using a European legal loophole to patent away varieties of cucumber, broccoli, melons & conventional ways of breeding fruits & veggies abroad -- forcing growers to pay them for the very seeds they're planting! If we can reach out to countries like Germany, France & the Netherlands where opposition to Monsanto is growing, we can force a vote among the state of the European Patent Convention to stop the Biotech Giant in its tracks. We have a chance to stop Monsanto from setting a dangerous precedent & help fix the European patent laws for good. Will you join us? Call on the EPO Administrative Council to close the loopholes that allow Corporations like Monsanto to patent plants & conventional breeding methods today. Krista S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/504132205/3767671
133) New!! Pet.: Reject the Next Generation of GMO Crops and Pesticides https://secure.earthjustice.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1588 The toxic herbicide, 2,4-D, is associated with serious health impacts. New GMO crops have been created to resist 2,4-D so farmers could spray the herbicide without killing their corn & soy. But when the same herbicide is sprayed on a field repeatedly, a few naturally resistant weeds survive, reproduce & eventually take over. Because farmers did this with Monsanto’s Roundup-resistant crops, fields across the U.S. are now choked with Roundup-resistant weeds. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3766074
132) New!! Pet.: Tell the FDA to investigate into the harmful effects of Genetically Modified ingredients in our children's food http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ths/petition/ChildrenGMOs The term "Genetically Modified Organism" (GMO) may not be one that exists in most people's everyday lexicons — but it is one that needs exposure, because GMOs are found in many products we buy today. GMOs are foods whose chemical structures have been modified, & can introduce new allergens into food as well as contribute to antibiotic resistance. In fact, GMOs can be found in many of the foods & products we give to our children these days. Infant formula, baby bottles, baby foods — these are all products that are made for children, who by definition also happen to have highly susceptible immune systems. Until GMOs are proven safe, they shouldn't be used in ANY of our products, especially those widely used by young children. Tell the FDA to stop allowing the use of these products until it has proven them safe for human consumption! Source: Janice T.
131) New!! Pet.: We Have a Right to Know About GMOs http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ths/petition/LabelGMOs Tell the FDA commissioner to require Genetically Modified ingredients to be reflected in food package labels! Everyone has a right to know about the food they eat & feed their families, but under current FDA regulations, U.S. citizens are denied that right when it comes to Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). The number & variety of GMO foods reaching grocery shelves is accelerating without proper regulation or human health testing, & most disconcertingly, without comprehensive labeling. Studies by the Nat.l Academy of Sciences have shown that Genetically Engineered plants have real potential to introduce new allergens & toxins into our food supply. 64 other Countries have labeling requirements in place to enable consumers to make informed, healthy decisions about their food selection, incl. 15 European Countries, Russia, Japan, China, Australia, & New Zealand. Tell the FDA it is time for the USA to join the rest of the modern world & mandate clear labeling of all foods containing GMOs!! Source: Janice T.
Vermont Senate votes 26-2 for GMO labelling GMO's will now be labeled in Vermont. Congrats to Vermont for being the 1st state (that I know of anyway), to do this! This battle took 20 years. But the war has just begun. Look out for the evil Monsanto Dragon! Ashley H. http://www.care2.com/news/member/875844399/3762546
130) New!! Pet.: Tell Congress: Don't prohibit GMO labeling http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/tell-congress-don-t-prohibit-gmo-labeling?akid=10436.6272454.J9mHwc&rd=1&suppress_one_click=true&t=4 Consumers have a fundamental right to know what they're eating. We urge you to reject legislation that would prohibit states & the federal Gov.t from requiring Genetically Modified foods to be labeled. Franz B. http://www.care2.com/news/member/774550352/3762200
129) New!! Pet.: Label all GMO Products in Canadian grocery stores http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/label-all-gmo-products-in-canadian-grocery-stores GMOs, or "Genetically Modified Organisms", are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria, viruses or other plants & animals. These experimental combinations of genes from different species cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3762167
128) New!! Action! Join the Food Revolution! http://foodrevolution.org/summit/?orid=235129&opid=16 Get the truth about GMOs and dangerous chemicals -- & how carbs, gluten, fat, & sugar affect your weight, energy, sleep & the Planet. Join for FREE & from anywhere on Earth! Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3761854
127) New!! Pet.: Tell Safeway: Label GMOs in Your Products http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/tell-safeway-label-gmos-in-your-products?akid=10332.5165733.s1mzD2&rd=1&suppress_one_click=true&t=6 Consumers have a right to make healthy, responsible, and informed choices about the food we eat. Pls label Safeway's store-brand products that contain GMOs. Source: Janice T
https://d2dddkdru4ec2z.cloudfront.net/petitions/images/20972/hero/GMO_landing_page.png?1394483815 Source: Janice T.
Video: We Have a Right to Know About GMOs http://thehungersite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ths/petition/LabelGMOs
126) New!! Pet.: Tell Smucker's to Stop Blocking GMO labeling https://secure3.convio.net/engage/site/Advocacy;jsessionid=FAB6F8E45E14F1CB64963AF29D1B7CCE.app322b?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=10461 Source: Janice T
125) New!! Pet.: Tell Starbucks to Support Organics and Stop Fighting GMO Labeling! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/tell_Starbucks_to_dump_GMOs_and_stop_fighting_GMO_labeling/?referring_akid=1184.896082.1_LDuz&source=taf Source: Janice T.
124) New!! Pet.: Divest Monsanto Now! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/take_the_Monsanto_stock_plunge/?akid=1190.482525.FyqmD-&rd=1&t=2 As the manufacturer of Agent Orange, DDT, PCPs & Dioxin, Monsanto’s toxic legacy of harm to the environment & human health is without parallel. Now Monsanto owns patents on life & is genetically engineering the food that we eat. In the past 2 yrs alone, Monsanto has helped fund massive misinformation campaigns to the tune of $70Million to defeat GMO labeling. Monsanto claims that GMOs & their weedkiller Roundup are perfectly safe. So why are they fighting GMO labeling in the U.S.? Unfortunately, if you have a retirement fund, 401K or mutual funds you could be profiting from Monsanto’s toxic products. Source: Artur B.; Janice T.; Jeanne S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3760399
Video: Operation: Monsanto Stock Plunge and Panic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovCrpTcfF3M
123) New!! Pet.: Don’t let Monsantos GMO’s Contaminate organics http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/tell_the_USDA_2_end_Monsantos_GMO_contamination/ Source: Janice T
EU Set to Approve GM Maize 1507 Despite Rejection by 19 Countries? The EU has failed to act on behalf of the vast majority of its country members & has left the door open for the now expected approval of the EU’s 2nd GM crop for cultivation – GM Maize 1507. Marjolein S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/452328616/3727551
News: 5 Most Horrifying Things About Monsanto http://www.alternet.org/take-action/5-most-horrifying-things-about-monsanto-why-you-should-join-global-movement-and-protest?akid=10477.1088117.fmccps&rd=1&src=newsletter845008&t=3 Fed up with health concerns, environmental threats & political corruption, a Utah mom organizes a global movement against the biotech giant. Beverly M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/904222254/3585413
Monsanto: From Chemicals and Aspirin to GMO Seeds Monsanto is the kind of mustache-twirling Corporate genius everyone loves to hate--for fair reason.The Conglomerate brought genetically modified fare onto our plates, fills the world with herbicide-resistant superweeds, & promises to end rural hunger…Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3757856
122) New!! Pet.: Tell Michelle Obama: Consumers Want Labels on Genetically Modified Foods! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=13500 Tell Michelle Obama: Consumers Want Labels on Genetically Modified Foods! Source: Patricia L.
121) New!! Pet.: Keep Deadly Weed Killer Out of Our Rain and Air http://forcechange.com/108939/keep-deadly-weed-killer-out-of-our-rain-and-air/#.UySIE6jMrsk.care2 Target: US Pres. Barack Obama; Goal: Demand a stop to the use of a weed killer that is poisoning our rain & air - A shocking new investigation revealed that traces of the weed killer ‘Roundup’ were discovered in 75% of air & rain samples in Mississippi’s Delta region. Horrifying implications: as the use of the weed killer is widespread, & could potentially be affecting a huge number of Americans. Studies conducted on Roundup itself draw significant links to Parkinson’s disease & several cancers. Roundup is the flagship weed killer made by Food Giant Monsanto. The presence of this substance is even more worrying as its toxicity has amplified since it was approved for agricultural use. As weeds & pests have grown immune to its effects, Monsanto has increased Roundup’s potency & the amount used..Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3752673
120) New!! Pet.: Tell the EPA to Protect Monarchs! age=UserAction&id=3369&autologin=true&s_src=EMOMONPETBGD0314BG2YR&utm_source=link&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=email" rel="nofollow" >https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&age=UserAction&id=3369&autologin=true&s_src=EMOMONPETBGD0314BG2YR&utm_source=link&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=email As Big Ag has dramatically increased its use of Genetically Modified crops resistant to potent weed killers like Monsanto's Roundup, industrial use of these herbicides has exploded -- killing off the milkweed that monarch butterflies need to survive. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3754314
119) New!! Pet.: Monarch Madness Pledge http://wg.convio.net/site/Survey?SURVEY_ID=6380&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&autologin=true I pledge to help preserve the incredible Monarch migration by planting milkweed. I will find supplies of plants or seeds native to my area & create Monarch habitat. I will spread the word to friends & family. Together, we can save this amazing natural phenomenon! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3754510
118) New!! Pet.: Protect Monarchs From Pesticides and GMOs http://takeaction.takepart.com/actions/protect-monarchs-from-pesticides-and-gmos?cmpid=action-eml-2014-03-20-monarch We all know that Genetically Engineered crops & the pesticides they promote can wreak havoc on our farms, food, & environment. But did you know they are also playing a big role in the rapid disappearance of Monarchs? Jeanne S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3754539?cid=email_na#
Sowing "Seeds of Hope": An Interview with Jane Goodall JANE GOODALL the world's most famous primatologist, became the 1st to prove that nonhuman animals make tools — but lately she's been spending more time focusing on a life form less intelligent than the Chimpanzees, one that has no brains at all: plants. Her newest book, Seeds of Hope: Wisdom & Wonder From the World of Plants chronicles her lifelong love of all things leafy. "There would be no Chimpanzees without plants, nor human beings either" & confesses that she might never have started studying Apes had she not, as a child, been obsessed with Africa's Forests. Goodall runs the Jane Goodall Inst. to protect Chimpanzees' habitat, & Roots & Shoots to encourage children to become conservationists. She's a U.N. Messenger of Peace & a Dame of the British Empire. “all the horrors of modern agriculture with its chemical pesticides & fertilizers, & then Genetically Modified plants. That was the most chilling of all. Why was that so chilling? Twisted Truth is the most chilling thing I've ever read, about the huge conspiracy by the big Companies who do genetic modification to keep the public from knowing the truth, to subvert the course of justice. It’s really terrifying read…when you put other genes into a plant, you have to shoot them in, & the plant fights every bit it can to keep those alien genes out. The plant doesn’t want them. So they have to shoot them in like miniature cannons. Qian Z. http://www.care2.com/news/member/981786277/3752995
Absolutely Watch Video!! BBC Documentary 2013 Genetically Modified Foods in America 2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnRNYSvp0M Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3751323
“What has been done to my children without my consent?!”: A comment made by one mother in the Video
Watch Video!! GMO, Global Alert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njd0RugGjAg French researchers secretly studied, for 2 years, 200 rats fed with transgenic maize. Tumors, serious disorders ... full-fledged slaughter. And a bomb for the GMO industry.
Watch Video!! Genetic Roulette - The Gamble of Our Lives! http://geneticroulettemovie.com/trailer/ http://geneticroulettemovie.com/
News: Shock findings in new GMO study: Rats fed lifetime of GM corn grow horrifying tumors, 70% of females die early http://www.opednews.com/articles/Shock-findings-in-new-GMO-by-Mike-Adams-120920-879.htmlEating genetically modified corn (GM corn) & consuming trace levels of Monsanto's Roundup chemical fertilizer caused rats to develop horrifying tumors, widespread organ damage, & premature death. That's the conclusion of a shocking new study that looked at the long-term effects of consuming Monsanto's genetically modified corn. Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3456944
117) New!! Pet.: Tell the USDA to Keep Agent GMOs Off Your Plate! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/stop_agent_orange_GMOs_off_your-plate/?rd=1&t=5&referring_akid=1176.451278.gIJaYJ As the 1st generation of biotech crops failed badly, now the Biotech Industry is stepping up the chemical arms race in an effort to make up for the failure of Monsanto’s Roundup. Excessive use of Roundup by GMO farmers has led million of acres of U.S. farmland filled with Roundup resistant superweeds. To combat this, Dow Chemical is petitioning the USDA to approve a new GMO "Agent Orange" corn & soy to tolerate 2,4-D, a main chemical component of the Vietnam era defoliant linked to birth defects, cancer, & hormone disruption. On top of these horrific health problems, 2,4-D is widely known among farmers to be difficult to control during application, leading to drift onto neighboring farms, causing major crop damage & contaminating waterways. These facts have greatly alarmed scientists & farmers, leading a former top Reagan USDA official to declare 2,4-D one of “the most dangerous chemicals out there” Tell the USDA to Dump Dow’s Dangerous Agent Orange GMOs! David B. http://www.care2.com/news/member/768353846/3750728
116) New!! Pet.: Tell Congress and Obama to Label GE Food! https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=10418 The Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act would require the labeling of all GE foods; the first labeling bill to be introduced in the Senate in over a decade! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3749471
115) New!! Pet.: Tell Starbucks to serve only organic, non-GMO milk http://action.greenamerica.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=13224 Starbucks: 1 of the world’s most popular & widespread coffeehouse brands, boasts nearly 20,000 retail stores in over 60 countries. While not genetically modified themselves, dairy products are not immune to the insidious impacts of GMOs. Cows living in concentrated animal feeding operations are fed a grain diet comprised almost entirely of genetically modified corn, soy, alfalfa, & cotton seed. These crops degrade the quality of our land & water, perpetuate Corporate-controlled agriculture, have potentially negative health impacts on livestock. The overuse of antibiotics is contributing to the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, putting us all at risk. With biotech giants Monsanto, Dow Chemical, & Syngenta lending power to industrialized agriculture, the future of our food system rests in the hands of profit-driven Corporations, while people & the planet come last on the list of priorities. Starbucks is already serving rBGH-free dairy & using only USDA-certified organic soy milk. By setting the same organic standard for dairy milk, Starbucks can demonstrate a serious commitment to providing environmentally & socially conscious products. Ask Starbucks to provide organic dairy milk at all of its locations, to support a sustainable future for all.
114) New!! Pet.: Protect Monarchs From Pesticides and GMOs http://takeaction.takepart.com/actions/protect-monarchs-from-pesticides-and-gmos We all know that Genetically Engineered crops & the pesticides they promote can wreak havoc on our farms, food, & environment. But did you know they are also playing a big role in the rapid disappearance of Monarchs? Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3748759
113) URGENT!! New!! Pet.: Tell the USDA: No ‘Coexistence’ with Monsanto! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12789 send your comments to the USDA before midnight March 4 (2014). According to a recent USDA report, in 2013, about half—169 million acres—of land in the U.S. used for crops were planted in GMO crops (mostly corn, cotton & soybeans). If you think we should protect the other half, submit your comment!! Source: Artur B.
112) New!! URGENT!! Pet.: Tell the USDA to Stop Dow Chemical’s "Agent Orange" Crops http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12645 Dow Chemical, the same Co. that brought us Dursban, Napalm, & Agent Orange, is now in the food business & is pushing for an unprecedented Gov.t approval: Genetically Engineered (GE) versions of corn & soybeans that are designed to survive repeated dousing with 2,4-D, half of the highly toxic chemical mixture Agent Orange. Agent Orange was the chemical defoliant used by the U.S. in Vietnam, & it caused lasting environmental damage as well as many serious medical conditions in both American veterans & the Vietnamese. USDA has just released its draft environmental impact statement & announced a 45-day public comment period on these new crops. Tell USDA & President Obama to reject Dow Chemical’s “Agent Orange” crops! Source: Marsha A.
Monsanto May Finally Kill Off the Endangered Monarch Butterfly The Natural Resources Defense Council is petitioning the EPA to review its glyphosate rules to save the butterflies. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3747968
EWG’s 2014 Shopper’s Guide To Avoiding GE Food Consumers have the right to know if their food has been genetically engineered! The U.S. Gov.t does not require labeling of GE foods or ingredients so that shoppers can make informed decisions. More than 60 other Nations, including France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Russia, China & the U.K., require GE labeling. Consumers have many good reasons to avoid eating genetically engineered ingredients! Source: Marsha A.
111) New!! Pet.: Monsanto: Withdraw your Roundup herbicide from the market, before it's too late for the monarch butterflies! http://action.sumofus.org/a/monsanto-is-killing-the-monarchs/?akid=3949.1581387._jNEyK&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=1 An independent study has linked the Monarch's decline with Monsanto’s Roundup pesticide. This Corporate giant knows what it's doing. But Monsanto says we should balance the butterfly's survival with what it calls "productive agriculture". We need to fight this now, before it’s too late for the butterflies.Tell Monsanto to pull its butterfly-killing herbicide before it’s too late. Source: Waltraud U.
The mass migration of 60 million Monarch Butterflies may soon be history thanks to Monsanto
110) New!! Pet.: Take a stand for Organic Farmers around the World! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/i_am_steve_marsh/?akid=1161.959581.XrBiZQ&rd=1&t=2 An important case is being heard halfway around the world in W. Australia about organic farmer Steve Marsh, whose organic field was contaminated by his neighbor’s genetically engineered canola. Steve lost his organic certification & as much as 70% of Steve’s farm has been contaminated with Monsanto’s patented genes. With clever fine print in their seed contracts, Monsanto is not legally liable for their patented genes contaminating an organic farmer’s field due to their "no liability" agreement they force farmers who plant their GMO seeds to sign. Steve’s farm income & family’s livelihood has been put at risk. He could literally lose everything. Pls stand with organic farmers to protect the rights of organic farmers everywhere! Every voice counts! Source: Artur B.
109) New!! Pet. Merkel Stop the Genetic Corn! https://www.campact.de/gentechnik/appell-2/teilnehmen/?utm_campaign=%2Fgentechnik%2F&utm_term=Unterzeichnen+Sie+unseren+Eil-Appell+gegen+Gen-Mais!&utm_content=random-b&utm_source=%2Fgentechnik%2Fappell-2%2F&utm_medium=Email Source: Waltraud U.
108) New!! Pet.: Fructose: The healthier choice? http://action.sumofus.org/a/eu-fructose/?akid=2610.1581387.mGVgI5&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=2 Would you call a can of Coke a ‘healthier’ option? Well Cos. like Coke will be able to claim their products are 'healthier' thanks to a new EU regulation on using fructose. There’s only one small problem -- high levels of fructose is a leading cause of obesity around the world. Source: Waltraud U.
107) New!! Pet.: Tell Monsanto: It's Time to Label GMOs! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/tell_Monsanto_shareholders_2_Label_GMOs/?akid=1137.959581.PjhMG0&rd=1&t=4 Help us stand up to Monsanto & demand that they support GMO labeling. We can't let them get away with denying this basic right any longer! The movement to label GMOs has already spread to more than 27 States this year, help us spread the word! Share this message with your family & friends on social media, wherever you can! Every voice counts! Source: Artur B.; Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3708703
106) New!! Pet.: Congress: don't betray Democracy. No "Fast Track" for the TPP! http://cms.fightforthefuture.org/stopfasttrack-email/ Congress is pushing legislation right now that would "Fast Track" the Trans-Pacific Partnership -- a secretive agreement negotiated behind closed doors by Gov.t bureaucrats & more than 600 Corporate Lobbyists. It threatens everything you care about: Democracy, Jobs, the Environment, & the Internet.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) - What It Really Means The TPP & consequences of the biggest - yet secret - trade deal the world has ever known. The Environment, other Species & We WILL suffer unless we say no to a fast track while there is still time. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3707016
Monsanto’s BT-Toxins Found to Kill Human Embryo Cells Bt- toxins found in GMOs are starting to kill unborn children. Bt-toxins are showing up in pregnant women, & are killing human embryo cells. GMOs & toxins must be scrapped. Important article. Reproductive toxicology: new research from Canada. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3706961
105) New!! Pet.: Fighting for people over profits http://action.sumofus.org/a/tpp-lawsuits/?sub=homepage Giant Philip Morris suing Australia for billionsDollars in lost profits as the Gov.t took action to reduce teenage smoking. Pharma Giant Eli Lilly suing Canada for $500Million, as Canada has laws to keep essential drugs affordable. Cases happening in secret Int.l courts where only Corporations access. Details leaking of 2 global trade pacts (TPP&TTIP) to expand the power of Corp.s to sue our Gov.ts. Fom US to Australia & from EU to Canada negotiating & some could be just days from signing up. Thousands of Corp. lobbyists writing these secret pacts: the public isn't allowed to see them. Gov.ts know that the public won't like these Corporate power grabs, they're hoping to keep them under the radar until it's too late to stop them. Let’s raise our voices. Our Gov.ts are meeting to lock a deal. Demand they reject any secret treaties that increase the power of Corporations in our democracies. Source: Artur B
104) New!! Pet.: Stop Biotech's new GMO Apple http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/stop_the_kiss_of_death_GMO_apple/?akid=1151.959581.SI1SLD&rd=1&t=2 Tragically, a Canadian firm has created a new GMO apple, using a new “gene silencing” technique that could interfere with the expression of genes in humans, even silencing vital human genes, potentially causing serious health problems. Right now, the Obama Admin. is considering the approval of the world’s 1st genetically engineered apple, known as the ArcticApple®, which has been engineered to silence the natural browning enzyme that may help apples fight disease & pests. If approved, this GMO apple will appear on shelves unlabeled & without proper regulation!! Source: Artur B.
93) URGENT!!! Pet.: NEW DEADLINE JANUARY 30: Tell the USDA You Don’t Want a GMO Apple! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12512 Unless the USDA heeds consumers, environmentalists & apple growers who are speaking out against deregulation of the Arctic Apple, the first GMO apple could soon turn up in fast-food restaurants, school cafeterias—even baby food. With no labels to warn consumers!!!. The Arctic Apple poses a risk to human health, a risk to the environment & a risk to conventional & non-organic apple growers. Pls Tell the USDA to reject biotech’s non-browning Frankenapple! Source: Sylvie C.
103) New!! Pet.: Urgent Vote to Support GMO labeling in NH! http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/urgent_support_gmo_labeling_in_NH_2014_now/
Red Alert http://fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2014/jan/20/red_alert_to_kill_GMO_labeling_in_NH_update/
Right now Monsanto & big Food Lobbyists are trying to stop labeling of GM foods. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3703910
New Study Renews Roundup 'Weedkiller' Toxicity Concern A new study raises concern that the world's most popular herbicide glyphosate 'Roundup' used primarily in the production of GM food, represents a serious human health threat with toxicity causing the cell death of 2 different proteins. An important biosafety issue when it comes to the widespread use of glyphosate-based agrichemicals in our food & environment, namely, an ingredient like glyphosate may not reveal its inherent toxicity in isolation, & that toxicological risk assessments performed on these chemicals do not take into account the reality of synergistic toxicity, i.e. the total adverse effects often far exceed the sum of the individual components being evaluated. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3703949
102) New!! Pet.: Croatian Government: stop Monsanto in Croatia https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/croatian_government_stop_monsanto_in_croatia Health Issue!!Source: Ana Marija R.
101) New!! Pet.: Reject Agent Orange-Resistant GMO Crops http://therainforestsite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/trs/petition/EarthJustice-GMOCrops Do you want to eat crops that have been doused with a component of Agent Orange? 2,4-D is a toxic herbicide associated with serious health risks. These GMO crops will also, like their predecessors, lead to much greater use of even more dangerous chemicals, the development of more herbicide-resistant weeds, destruction & genetic contamination of neighboring crops, & severe economic impacts on other farmers. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3702792
100) New!! Pet.: Tell the USDA to Stop Dow Chemical’s "Agent Orange" Crops http://takeaction.takepart.com/actions/tell-the-usda-to-stop-dow-chemical-s-agent-orange-crops Dow Chemical, the Co. that brought us Dursban, Napalm, & Agent Orange, is now in the Food Business. They are pushing for an unprecedented Gov.t approval of genetically engineered (GE) corn & soybeans designed to survive repeated dousing with a chemical called 2,4-D. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3702191; Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3702773
Good News: Tasmania Extends Ban on GM Crops Indefinitely In a victory for the GMO Free movement in Australia the Tasmanian Gov.t announced Thursday that it has extended the state's ban on genetically modified crops and animals indefinitely. Rose http://www.care2.com/news/member/616982338/3700968
News: No GMO: UK to Conduct Absolutely No GMO Trials in 2014 Though GM wheat & potatoes have been trialed in the UK in recent years, 2014 will mark the 1st year that no GMO trials will occur in places like Norfolk & Cambridgeshire. Jelena R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/248178102/3700443
Terrible News: USDA Moves to Approve "Agent Orange" GMO Seeds http://truth-out.org/news/item/21069-usda-moves-to-approve-agent-orange-gmo-seeds Food safety activists & environmental activists call the GMO seeds "Agent Orange crops" because 2,4-D was a component of the notorious herbicide used by American forces during the Vietnam War that caused serious illnesses among veterans & the Vietnamese population. 2,4-D has continued to be used in the USA & across the world. Pesticide critics point to studies that have linked 2,4-D to health problems such as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a type of cancer. “Any increase in the use of 2,4-D with Enlist corn & soybeans will hit rural communities especially hard, as numerous medical studies have linked 2,4-D & related herbicides to increased rates of cancer & Parkinson’s disease as well as low sperm counts in farmers & to birth anomalies in their children”. Denmark, Sweden, Norway & parts of Canada have banned 2,4-D in light of such research, but the EPA considers the chemical to be relatively safe. In 2012, the EPA denied a petition from environmental groups to cancel the chemical's legal registration. Kit B. http://www.care2.com/news/member/451276626/3697458
99) New!! Pet.: Stop Monsanto's Secret Plan to Kill GMO Labeling http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/stop_Monsantos_secret_plan_to_kill_GMO_labeling/?akid=1124.302707.PieQLG&rd=1&t=3 This is a blatant power grab to deny Americans their basic right to mandatory GMO labeling & protect flawed GMO products - & we can't allow them to get away with it. We need your help today. Every voice counts! Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3698329
News: Why I'm Still Skeptical of GMOs Use of 2,4-D--the less toxic half of the infamous Vietnam-era defoliant Agent Orange--had been dwindling for years, but the rise of Roundup-resistant superweeds has revived it. Nancy C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3697350
News: Growing Scientific Consensus on GMO Safety Fears Scientists, physicians and legal experts around the world have signed the new group statement, "No scientific consensus on GMO safety", which is a "thorough, thoughtful & professional statement". The article contains quotes about their safety concerns. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3689706
News: Confirmed: DNA From Genetically Modified Crops Can Be Transferred Into Humans Who Eat Them In a new study, researchers emphasize that there is sufficient evidence that meal-derived DNA fragments carry complete genes that can enter into the human circulation system through an unknown mechanism. It’s also pretty clear that DNA from food can & does end up in animal tissues & the milk products that people eat. Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3698637
98) New!! Pet.: Tell EPC Member States: Don't Let Monsanto Buy Up Mother Earth! http://act.watchdog.net/petitions/2739?ls=Rw6d3XampiI Monsanto isn't satisfied with just selling us herbicides & pesticides for coating our crops. Now they're using a European legal loophole to patent away varieties of cucumber, broccoli, melons & conventional ways of breeding fruits & veggies abroad -- forcing growers to pay them for the very seeds they're planting! Don't let Monsanto keep buying up Mother Earth. If we can reach out to countries like Germany, France & the Netherlands where opposition to Monsanto is growing, we can force a vote among the state of the European Patent Convention to stop the biotech giant in its tracks. We have a chance to stop Monsanto from setting a dangerous precedent & help fix the European patent laws for good. Will you join us? We urge you to call on the EPO Administrative Council to close the loopholes that allow Corporations like Monsanto to patent plants & conventional breeding methods today. Source: Artur B
97) New!! Pet.: Tell Kellogg's: No more GMOs age=UserAction&id=12597&autologin=true&s_src=414ASRFNA1_NSRSR&s_subsrc=V1L" rel="nofollow" >https://secure.sierraclub.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&age=UserAction&id=12597&autologin=true&s_src=414ASRFNA1_NSRSR&s_subsrc=V1L This is a big deal: Thanks to the hard work of the GMO-free movement & activists like you, Cheerios is going GMO-free in 2014! Now it's Kellogg's turn. If Monsanto's risky genetically modified foods aren't good enough for Cheerios -- or Kellogg's own Kashi brand & European markets -- why should they be in Frosted Flakes or Raisin Bran? Tell Kellogg's to ban GMOs from their products, too! They'll take note if 50,000 potential customers tell them we noticed & care about what Cheerios did.
Dear Michela M, Since news broke about General Mills' decision to remove GMOs from Cheerios last week, our story has gone viral. Thanks to all of your work, we've gotten over 200 media stories in major publications including: NY Times, Al Jazeera, LA Times, NPR, CNN, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Bloomberg, PBS, Voice of America, and more. Read all about it at the GMO Inside news page.
Cheerios: Next Steps
What's next? Third-party verification of Cheerios' non-GMO status, of course. While we're off investigating Cheerios' ingredients and planning our next targets, join us in thanking General Mills for taking this first step!
96) New!! Click here to share our Thank You on Facebook, and to ask GM for independent non-GMO verification.
95) New!! Pet.: Fight Deregulation of Genetically Engineered Crops http://forcechange.com/99291/fight-deregulation-of-genetically-engineered-crops/#.Us0yUn5u-d0.care2 The USDA is trying to assure the public that 2,4-D is safe, however scientists & medical professionals know better. This herbicide was used as a key ingredient in “Agent Orange” during the Vietnam War, & it has been linked to increased risk of cancer, non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, & Parkinson’s Disease. Fight the deregulation of genetically engineered corn & soybeans because of health & environmental hazards!! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3697308
94) New!! Pet.: STOP Monsanto’s Gen-Industry (in German) https://secure.avaaz.org/de/stop_monsanto_in_argentina_global_/?bZUDhbb&v=32874 1,010,365 Signatures Source Waltraud U.
News: GMO-Free Cheerios and the Impact of Social Media http://www.enn.com/business/article/46855 After 40,000 Facebook posts on General Mills Facebook page demanding GM-free Cheerios, the company announces - 'original' Cheerios contain no GM ingredients. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3695640
92) URGENT!!! New!! Pet.: Before Monsanto uncorks the champagne http://www.avaaz.org/en/no_champagne_for_monsanto_loc/?slideshow Monsanto's about to celebrate their biggest coup ever, but we've got until the weekend to stop them!! The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a huge, ultra-secret deal among 12 major Countries that would give Corporations unprecedented power - allowing them to use new global tribunals to sue our Gov.ts for passing laws that protect us, but reduce their profits! This could apply to everything from labeling GMO foods to protecting internet freedom!! I signed with all my & my family mails!! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3683321
91) New!! Pet.: Become One of the Millions Against Monsanto! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=8967 Sign Organic Consumers Association's Truth-in-Labeling Petition: As a citizen concerned about the health, environmental, ethical, & socio-economic hazards of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) & industrial-scale factory farms or CAFOs (Confined Animal Feeding Operations), I feel strongly that consumers have an inalienable right to know whether the food we are purchasing likely contains GM ingredients or comes from animals confined in CAFOs. Krish S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/632688960/3683707
90) New!! Pet.: Tell former Senator Blanche Lincoln, Please Stop Influence Peddling for Monsanto & the Rest! http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/ex-senator-blanche-lincoln-please-stop-influence-peddling-for-monsanto-and-the-rest?akid=9571.7491361.hjkrxD&rd=1&suppress_one_click=true&t=3 Cashing in on public service by lobbying for unethical corporations is offensive to the American people. Senator Lincoln: Stop lobbying for Monsanto. Source:Sylvie C.
89) New!! Pet.: Federal Government of Australia: Demand ALL foods containing Genetically Modified Organisms be labelled! http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/federal-government-of-australia-demand-all-foods-containing-genetically-modified-organisms-be-labelled Californian citizens have narrowly lost the fight for the right to have all foods that are genetically altered labelled. This is in spite of dirty tricks with Monsanto & Dow spending millions every day to fight this proposed new law. These Cos. are the producers of NOW PROVEN lethal glyphosate herbicides like Ready Roundup & the RR resistant genetically altered corn, canola, cotton etc seeds that now contaminate the crops of non-genetic growers because BEES CAN FLY. We in Australia also demand the right to know what is in the food we choose to buy for our families, our pets, & our stock! Source: Ruth R.
88) New!! Pet.: SEARICE and its network partners: Stop the commercialization of Golden Rice and other GMOs https://www.change.org/ph/mga-petisyon/searice-and-its-network-partners-stop-the-commercialization-of-golden-rice-and-other-gmos 2013 has been declared the National Year of Rice in the Philippines. This is in line with the Nat.l Gov.t's desire to achieve rice self-sufficiency for the country. While this may be good on the surface, we at SEARICE find it quite alarming that part of the efforts to achieve rice self-sufficiency involves the commercialization of Golden Rice, a genetically modified rice variety that is said to be vitamin A enriched. Source: Ruth R.
87) New!! Pet.: Don't allow the commercialization of GOLDEN RICE! http://www.change.org/petitions/don-t-allow-the-commercialization-of-golden-rice It will kill the livelihood of the millions of poor farmers, contaminate our food system & the environment, & could very likely result to illnesses & unpredictable side effects on humans. Read the reasons why Golden Rice should not be allowed for commercialization. Source: Ruth R.
Throw These Cooking Oils in the Trash http://www.care2.com/greenliving/urgent-throw-these-cooking-oils-in-the-trash.html?page=1 “If they have to put the word ‘natural’ on a box to convince you, it probably isn’t.” But this doesn’t stop countless processed food manufacturers from boldly labeling their products as 100% natural in the hopes of appealing to health-minded shoppers like you. After all, products labeled as “natural” or “sustainable” account for $50 billion in sales annually, or 8% of total retail grocery sales, & the numbers are likely growing. When you see a supposedly “natural” product, like ConAgra’s Wesson brand vegetable oils claim to be, you would probably assume they contain no genetically modified organisms (GMOs), which by definition are not found in nature. But Wesson oils, specifically the Canola Oil, Vegetable Oil, Corn Oil, & Best Blend, do in fact contain GMOs, prompting a class-action lawsuit over their misleading “100% natural” label claim. Any GM Product is, by Definition, NOT Natural. Source: Ruth R.
86) News/Pet.: NDTV dump Monsanto! http://www.greenpeacex.in/petitions/ndtv-dump-monsanto-1 A few days after we delivered signatures to NDTV, activist Anantha Sayanan got a response that NDTV has stopped their campaign with Monsanto & the TV series “Inspiring lives” has been stalled & would not be aired. Monsanto is a controversial Corporation hated by people all over the world, uses unethical practices & evil money to further its agenda. GMOs are banned in many countries. Monsanto is known for its agenda to control food & farming as seen in the case of Bt cotton in India. Cotton was once used by Mahatma Gandhi in the fight for India’s independence, now 93% of our cotton is owned by American Corporation Monsanto’s proprietary technology known as Bt cotton. NDTV is a reputed news organisation & pioneer in Indian TV, it aims to provide accurate news. So why partner with a liar like Monsanto? Monsanto guilty as charged for crimes against nature, against the right of farmers to grow, & consumers to eat, GE-free crops & food. NDTV is misleading the nation by partnering with Monsanto. Source Krish S.
85) New!! Pet.: Coca-Cola: Stop funding anti GMO labeling campaigns https://www.change.org/petitions/coca-cola-stop-funding-anti-gmo-labeling-campaigns Coca-Cola secretly contributed more than a million dollars to campaign against the labeling of genetically modified organisms(GMOs). The Co. owns also many brands marketed as healthier alternatives, incl. HonestTea, Powerade, Odwalla, VitaminWater, SimplyOrange. Coca-Cola’s CEO: “We have provided a tremendous amount of choice to people” but when it comes to your right to know how your food was produced, Coca-Cola joined Biotech giant Monsanto in trying to keep you in the dark! Source: Krish S.
84) New!! Pet.: Powerade: If Gatorade can take crazy chemical BVO out of sports drinks, so can you http://www.change.org/petitions/powerade-if-gatorade-can-take-crazy-chemical-bvo-out-of-sports-drinks-so-can-you ”A couple months ago, I found out that one of my favorite drinks, Gatorade’s Orange, contained brominated vegetable oil (BVO). According to Scientific American & other news reports, BVO is patented as a flame retardant, banned in Europe & Japan. So I started a Change.org Petition asking Gatorade to stop using it. More than 200,000 people signed my petition on Change.org & we won! But I learned that BVO is also in other drinks, like Powerade’s red fruit punch that is actually sold in my school!” Source: Krish S.
83) New!! Pet.: Stand up to Monsanto's lobbyists: Let's label GMOs now! age=UserAction&id=12521&autologin=true&s_src=413MSRFNA1_NSRSR&s_subsrc=v1c" rel="nofollow" >https://secure.sierraclub.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&age=UserAction&id=12521&autologin=true&s_src=413MSRFNA1_NSRSR&s_subsrc=v1c It's easy to see why Monsanto was voted the world's most evil corporation for 2013. In Nov., 20 environmental activists were brutally assaulted for protesting the biotech giant in Argentina -- & in the fall elections, the Big Ag Corp. & maker of Agent Orange broke spending records to defeat a ballot initiative in Washington State that would simply label genetically engineered food (GMOs).Let's send 75,000 letters reminding our Gov.t to listen to we the people, not them the Corporations & PR firms, & label GMOs now! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3683214
News: Why MONSANTO and TRANS-PACIFIC Partnership EQUAL GLOBAL FOOD DOMINANCE http://www.occupy.com/article/why-monsanto-and-trans-pacific-partnership-equal-global-food-dominance?utm_source=Website+%27Join+Us%27&utm_campaign=d1c257ed2b-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_77fe4a462d-d1c257ed2b-31639141 Global food control has nearly been achieved, by reducing seed diversity with GMO (genetically modified) seeds that are distributed by only a few transnational Corporations. But this agenda has been implemented at grave cost to our health; & if the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) passes, control over not just our Food but our Health, our Environment & our Financial System will be in the hands of transnational Corporations: Profits Before Populations. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3679927
82) New!! Pet.: Support Organic Farmers and Pollinators http://forcechange.com/67325/support-organic-farmers-and-pollinators/#gf_15 The House of Representatives is currently debating a variety of amendments to the new Farm Bill. Up for discussion are 2 important topics that include organic farming & pollinators, including Honey Bees. These are both important to the future of healthy, sustainable agriculture. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3675946
81) New!! Pet.: Protect Consumers from Dangerous Chemical The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently issued yet another warning about a potentially dangerous chemical in many food products. The chemical is acrylamide, & it is found in foods such as potatoes, crackers, cereals, breads & several others. Cher C.http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3675014
79) New!! Pet.: Corporate interests won in Washington State, but we can win in Washington, D.C.! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12401 In what became a disappointing replay of last year’s vote on California’s GE labeling bill (Prop 37), big Food & Chemical Corporations dumped millions of $ into defeating the initiative, with a carefully coordinated smear campaign to mislead voters. These out of state Corporations poured an outrageous $22 million $ into the “No” campaign in Washington, & a shocking $45 million into the “No” campaign in California last year. Tell Obama & the FDA it’s time to label GE foods nationwide! Robert S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/101693842/3672920
78) Action: Want to Stop Monsanto? Stop Using Its Best Seller: Round Up http://www.nationofchange.org/want-stop-monsanto-stop-using-it-s-best-seller-round-1384441308 This toxic (to say the least) crap should not be used by anyone, but it is. This should stop. Round Up: Monsanto’s best selling agricultural product – ever. More than $3 billion in sales annually, on the market since the 1970s as glyphosate or N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine, & named Round Up in the last few years, but the sales of the toxic chemical have almost quadrupled since its inception. Some farmers say the overuse of this herbicide has put them ‘back 20 years’ forcing the hand-pulling of weeds & the consideration of more drastic options for weed management. This leads to higher food prices, lower crop yields, & rising costs to farmers, as well as greater pollution of land & water. Robert S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/101693842/3672594
News: The Unhealthiest Restaurant Chain in America http://www.alternet.org/food/unhealthiest-restaurant-chain-america The Cheesecake Factory's Pasta Carbonara will saddle you with a heaving, gut-busting 2,500 calories & 85 grams of saturated fat. That's the fat equivalent of four days of heavy-duty meals. Robert S.
News: Decoding Food Labels http://www.greenlivingonline.com/article/decoding-food-labels What do food buzzwords like "organic" & "free-range" really mean? Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3661346
77) New!! Pet.: Commend Banning of Genetically Modified Corn http://forcechange.com/88351/commend-banning-of-genetically-modified-corn/ Genetically engineered corn is now banned in Mexico, thanks to Judge Jaime Eduardo Verdugo of Mexico City. Biotech Industrial Cos. will no longer be able to plant or sell their strains of corn within the country's borders, effective immediately. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3660931
76) Actions: US only, New!!: Help the GMO Labeling Movement - Volunteer for Yes on 522 http://yeson522.com/volunteer-for-yes-on-522/ Washington State will vote soon on labeling GMOs in food. Pls help the Yes On 522 Campaign & make phone calls in the upcoming weeks. You can call from home, in any State, thru their website. Let’s make a stand against Monsanto & get our power back!!! Source: Ronda R.; Elizabeth R. http://www.care2.com/news/member/535004536/3660454
75) New!! Pet.: Protect Monarch Butterflies from Monsanto We ask the EPA to restict the use of the herbicide, Roundup, & consider current reseach to protect the monarch butterfly. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3659228
74) New!! Pet. No GMOs, Cheerios! http://action.greenamerica.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=9239 While General Mills promotes the health benefits of Cheerios for their whole grain oats, it is silent about the fact that many of the other ingredients in Cheerios sold in the US are at high risk for containing GMOs. While concealing its use of GMOs in the US & Canada, General Mills offers non-GMO Cheerios to consumers in Europe. Most industrialized countries have required GMO labeling for years. In Europe, General Mills manufactures Cheerios without GMOs, or if it sells Cheerios in Europe that are manufactured in North America, the product is labeled as “likely containing GMOs.” Adding insult to injury, General Mills spent $1.1 million to oppose GMO labeling legislation in CA, thus perpetuating consumer deception. Jeanne S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3658722
News: Monsanto’s deception game on GMO in Europe http://rt.com/op-edge/monsanto-deception-game-europe-gmo-261/
On May 31 world media headlines read "Monsanto backing away from GMO crops in Europe." But before the world opens the champagne to celebrate the death of GMO, it is worthwhile to look more closely at what was officially said & what not. Elderberry C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/752401167/3592655
News: 50 Countries Label Genetically Engineered Foods – When Will Americans have the Right to Know & Choose? http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/09/27/genetically-engineered-foods-labeling.aspx
Nov. 6 Ballot Label GMOs vote Yes!!!! If you live in Calidornia, & spread the word!!!
Watch Video!! Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) - Myths & Truths http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ztZGbLEJ0&feature=player_embedded
Watch out for the Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) myths & truths which provide educational materials concerning GM foods & health risks. The information is based on the new report "GMO Myths & Truths" by EarthOpenSource.org. More info: http://earthopensource.org/?forwardOutdatedBrowser=1 http://earthopensource.org/index.php/executive-summary
News: Political & Corporate elite shun GM food on their own plate http://www.naturalnews.com/037466_GM_food_global_elite_organic_gardens.html
With a sad twist of irony, Corporate & Gov.t elite dine on safe, organic food while the masses, those very people who are supposedly represented & protected by their Gov.ts, are poisoned by hidden genetically modified organisms, pesticides & dangerous contaminants. The presidential family demands organic food in their kitchen, yet behind closed doors, shake hands with the Biotech Industry. China's top brass is fed by an exclusive, gated organic garden while the rest of the population consumes GM food, steroid contaminated meat & dairy laced with melamine. Even Monsanto's own employee's command non-genetically modified food in their canteen. Access to clean, organic & healthy food is not a given right anymore -- it has become a political battleground with the average citizen suffering the loss.
Elderberry C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/752401167/3594007
News: Italy Bans Monsanto Maize http://www.greenerideal.com/politics/0725-italy-bans-monsanto-maize/ Three Italian ministries are attempting to ban Monsanto’s MON810 strain of maize, one of 2 GM crops currently grown & sold in Europe. Citing the crop’s negative impacts on local biodiversity, Italy’s agricultural ministry is leading the country’s charge against the corporate giant. The temporary ban would prevent farmers from using this strain for a period of up to 18 months.“Our agriculture is based on biodiversity, on quality, & these we must continue to aim for, without games that even from an economic point of view would not make us competitive”. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3615978
News: Biotechnology or Agroecology? The Monsanto Debate from Both Sides http://www.greenerideal.com/business/1016-monsanto-debate-from-both-sides/ October 12 marked the 2nd March Against Monsanto this year, with actions planned in 52 countries & over 400 cities. Monsanto, which owns 90% of the world’s Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s), is perhaps most famous for its production & supplying of Agent Orange to the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. Agent Orange, which contained a toxic dioxin compound, killed approx. 400,000 people & caused approx. 500,000 cases of birth defects. Other notable products include DDT, banned in the U.S. in 1972, & Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH), controversial for its effects on dairy cows & humans. With a growing public awareness of GM food risks, biotechnology, mono-cultures & food (in)security, Monsanto faces a public relations crisis. Along with Walmart, BP, Apple, et al, it is a Corporation people love to hate. Discussion about: Monsanto Causes Farmer Suicides; Monsanto Uses “Terminator Technology”; Monsanto Suppresses GMO Labelling & Research; Monsanto & Bureaucrats are Co-Conspirators… Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3658760
73) New!! Pet.: And the award goes to…Monsanto? http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12218 This year’s World Food Prize-a prize dedicated to furthering a “nutritious & sustainable food supply”-will be awarded to top executives at Monsanto & Syngenta for creating GE crops. GE crops are about feeding the profits of biotech giants, not the world’s hungry. Sign Petition to the World Food Prize Foundation! Jeanne S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3656463
71) New!! Pet.: Commend Senator for Putting Monsanto in its Place http://forcechange.com/83407/commend-senator-for-putting-monsanto-in-its-place/#.UlPaoo3Qcns.care2 The Monsanto Protection Act gave Monsanto leeway to bypass federal court decisions that would have protected consumer health. Now that it has been crushed, the USDA will have the ability to protect the public from illegal Genetically Engineered crops. Commend Senator Barbara Mikulski for helping to protect our country’s food. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3654309
70) New!! Pet.: Tell the World Food Prize Foundation not to reward Monsanto and bee-killer Syngenta’s outrageous practices http://action.sumofus.org/a/world-food-prize-monsanto-syngenta/?sub=mtl In an obscene development, a Monsanto executive is winning this year’s “Nobel Prize of agriculture”, the prestigious World Food Prize, for creating GMOs. Receiving it legitimizes the sort of rampant genetic modification Monsanto pioneered, & helps validate a ruthless business model that impoverishes farmers & monopolizes our food. If that wasn't baffling enough, the founder of Syngenta, the same biotech giant joining Bayer in suing Europe to keep selling bee-killing pesticides, will also win the prize & a share of the $250,000 prize money. We cannot allow this prize to legitimize frankenfoods & bee killers. The ceremony is in less than 2 weeks, we need to act now. Tell the World Food Prize Foundation not to reward Monsanto & bee-killer Syngenta’s outrageous practices. Winning this prize will encourage the wider use of GMO & be a huge obstacle to those fighting to investigate the long-term effects of its frankenseeds, which is exactly what Monsanto wants. In 2008, Monsanto made a $5 million pledge to the World Food Prize Foundation, part of its plan to buy the credibility it can’t legitimately earn. By handing its benefactor this award, the Foundation risks undermining the credibility of the most respected prize in agriculture. In protest, 81 Councilors of the World Future Council have penned a statement blasting the World Food Prize Foundation for betraying its purpose: “GMO seeds reinforce a model of farming that undermines sustainability of cash-poor farmers, who make up most of the world's hungry… The most dramatic impact of such dependency is in India, where 270,000 farmers, many trapped in debt for buying seeds & chemicals, committed suicide between 1995&2012.” Source: Kathleen R.; Cal M.
69) New!! Pet.: Tell Congress to Repeal the Monsanto Protection Act Permanently! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/506/065/205/ Tell Congress to oppose the Monsanto Protection Act, no matter what bill it's in! Warn them that if they don't, they'll have a media & grassroots firestorm on their hands once again. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3646873
Palm Oil - Health: Blood Lipid and Cholesterol Effects
The U.S. Center for Science in the Public Interest said Palm Oil promotes heart disease (high in saturated and low in polyunsaturated fat); Report cited Research going back to 1970; also said that The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, World Health Organization (WHO), and other Health Authorities urged reduced consumption of Palm Oil; WHO states that there is convincing evidence that palmitic acid consumption contributes to an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. A 2006 Study by the National Institute of Health and the USDA Agricultural Research Service concluded that it's not a safe substitute for partially hydrogenated fats (trans fats) in the Food Industry, as Palm Oil results in adverse changes in the blood concentrations of LDL Cholesterol and apolipoprotein B just as trans fat does.
Palm Oil - in the Cooking Industry
A common cooking ingredient in Africa, Southeast Asia and parts of Brazil. Since Palm Oil is of a lower quality than Olive Oil, it remained rare outside West Africa. Its increasing use in the commercial Food Industry... because: 1) Palm Oil has the LOWEST Production COST of the major Oils, and 2) Products last more time in the Supermarket shelves!! for the high oxidative stability (saturation) of the refined product when used for frying. Many processed foods contain Palm Oil but it is NOT DECLARED on Labels!!! Or Label simply says: "Vegetable Oils"!! Try to read a Chips Packet Label, just as an example!! This is a real offence to all of us, but particularly to VEGANS and VEGETARIANS devoting their lifestyle not to hurt animals, while, like all customers, they are unwillingly and unconsciously contributing to the SLAUGHTER of Tigers, Elephants, Rhinos, Wildlife... and GENOCIDE of Orangutans, who share 97% DNA with us!!!
68) New!! Pet.: Tell Gerber: no GMO apples in Baby Food http://action.foe.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=14237 Baby Food Cos. are one of the most significant purchasers of apples & Gerber is one of the world's largest Baby Food Cos., it won't be labeled & won't have undergone independent safety testing. Jeanne S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3638853?cid=email_na#
Video: Monsanto & Santos are destroying Colombian Families http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoClamUuO4&feature=player_embedded Colombia native seeds have entered the privatization process in the framework of the FTA with the USA & has penalized its traditional use, putting fragile food sovereignty, culture & the Megadiversity in danger. Claudia A.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/846052047/3633809
66) New!! Pet.: Say NO to GMO Apples http://www.change.org/petitions/say-no-to-gmo-apples Target: USDA’s Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHI and FDA Source Mike M.
65) New!! Pet.: Tell the FDA to label Genetically Engineered foods! http://action.ewg.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=1948 Genetically engineered foods are appearing on supermarket shelves with increasing frequency. While the scientific debate about the benefits & risks of genetically engineered crops is vigorous & unlikely to reach a consensus anytime soon, you have a right to know what you are eating now. Stand with EWG & the Just Label It campaign today & sign our petition to the FDA demanding that genetically engineered foods are labeled! Source Mike M.
Video: Dining In The Dark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz-Lve6xJsE
64) New!! Pet.: Tell the FDA to label Genetically Engineered food http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=5452 In the U.S., we pride ourselves on having choices & making informed decisions. Under current FDA regulations, we don't have that choice when it comes to Genetically Engineered (GE) ingredients in the foods we purchase & feed our families. GE foods are required to be labeled in the 15 European Union nations, Russia, Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, & many other countries around the world. A poll released by ABC News found that 93% of the American public wants the federal Gov.t to require mandatory labeling of GE foods. Yet the U.S. is one of the only developed countries in the world that doesn’t require labeling. Source Mike M.
Video: Flush Monsanto's TPP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRxr4tDfouc&feature=player_embedded Once upon a time in India there was this very dangerous man named Gandhi, & he said "Truth never damages a cause that is just." Corporate citizens, however, won't allow truth to damage a cause that is just for them. Monsanto will assure it. Source Mike M.; Dandelion http://www.care2.com/news/member/901507364/3633521
Video: Obama Signs The Monsanto Protection Act - Seeds Of Death- Full Movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_XtCcMeWrw&feature=player_embedded#t=1780 Every single independent study conducted on the impact of genetically modified food shows that it damages organs, it causes infertility, it causes immune system failure, it causes holes in the GI tract, & it causes multiple organ system failure. Source Mike M.; Dandelion http://www.care2.com/news/member/901507364/3633506
Another problem of HONESTLY LABELLING an ingredient that
WE UNWILLINGLY & UNCONSCIOUSLY HAVE EATEN, EAT, & ARE GOING TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!
PALM OIL, labelled as "VEGETABLE OILS"(???), &
GMO, NOT BEING LABELLED AT ALL!!!!!
WE HAVE THE FULL RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE EATING!!!
BUT usually big CORPORATIONS DO NOT WANT US TO KNOW!!! because they KNOW that WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHOOSE, PICK from the Supermarket shelves & BUY "THAT" PRODUCT!!!! THIS IS DONE PURPOSELY = for their MONEY & GREED...
News: Monsanto, Big Agribusiness to Spend Millions on GMO Propaganda http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/312-16/18763-monsanto-big-agribusiness-to-spend-millions-on-gmo-propaganda Polls show it will take a lot more than new public relations tricks to convince consumers.- Can industry front groups and slick public relations firms convince us that the products they're peddling are not only safe, but good for us? Will the millions they spend on websites & advertorials pay off? We're guessing not, given the latest New York Times pollstating that 93% of Americans want labels on foods containing GMOs.!! Kit B. http://www.care2.com/news/member/451276626/3622212
62) New!! Pet.: Tell Congress to pass the Genetically Engineered Food Right-to-know Act http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/07/29/just-almost-everyone-wants-gmo-labeling?cmpid=tpfood-eml-2013-08-03-GMOs Americans are speaking out en masse—but will legislators & corporations listen? Jeanne S. http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3621060?cid=email_na#
Rallies in May against Monsanto in cities across the globe showed what numerous polls have revealed: that Americans are concerned about genetically modified ingredients & want GMO labeling on their food.
61) New!! Pet.: Monsanto: Stop ignoring Roundup's dangers http://action.sumofus.org/a/monsanto-roundup-dangers/4/2/?akid=1814.1084930.ZJbNL7&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=1 Tell Monsanto: Stop ignoring the deadly effects of your top herbicide. Provide more information about the real effects of Roundup. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3596865
All the CONTENTS of ALL the Topics in the Billboard previous than 2 weeks ago have DISAPPEARED (this means back to 2010): Petitions, Pictures, News, Info!!!!!!!!
This means that my work, until 4:30 - 5:00 a.m., was LOST!!
I SINCERELY HOPE that the contents will be restored!!!
This Group is the ONLY reason why I'm on Care2!!!!
I've been off the computer for a week due to something akin to carpal tunnel, and I was so sorry to hear of the 'disappearance'!!!! Waiting, with all of you, to see what happens. Don't give up, Michela. After Facebook, surely care2 can't destroy all of your hard work!! Can't type much more, but'll check the most recent petitions on the Monsanto topic.
I can say that Connecticut has stopped Monsanto and I read the Europe is now resisting any attempts at mis- or non-labelling, so there's good news out there, I'm happy to say.
We are looking into a database issue. Hang in there and sorry for the troubles.
By the way, an awesome, truly awesome group going here!! Thanks everyone!!!
I don't understand what happened in this Topic!!! Everything before 3 weeks ago has abruptly DISAPPEARED!!!!!!! ????!!!!!
58) New!! Pet.: Tell the USDA: No More Field Trials of Unapproved GMO Crops! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=11113
An Oregon farmer found an unapproved, illegal variety of wheat, genetically engineered by Monsanto to withstand the company's toxic RoundUp herbicide, growing on his property. The rogue GMO wheat was discovered a full 8 years after Monsanto’s last known field trials in the state. It’s proof that GMO crops, legal or otherwise, have the potential to contaminate conventional non-GMO & organic crops. How many other unknown instances of contamination have occurred but have not yet been discovered? with Monsanto conducting hundreds of field trials of GMO crops in the US? Demand an immediate moratorium on all field trials of genetically engineered crops, incl. wheat. The variety of illegal wheat discovered in Oregon was field-tested in 16 States, from 1998to2005. Monsanto is still doing field tests of GMO wheat today, in N.Dakota & Hawaii, though the Co. has tried to portray its wheat program as closed out 9yrs ago. Once Monsanto's wheat is under control, USDA should turn his attention to the hundreds of other GMO field trials, any one of which could create the next contamination crisis. USDA's biotechnology database: hundreds of GMO field trials in every region of the country. USDA is testing GMO grapefruits&oranges in FL. Cornell Univ. in CA is testing GMO grapes. Monsanto is testing dicamba-tolerant GMO soybeans in AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, GA, HI, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NY, OH, PuertoRico, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA & WI. Why would Monsanto need to test a single variety of GE soybeans in 30 states? Before it’s been approved for human consumption? Could the biotech giant be trying to contaminate the food supply with unapproved GMOs? Intentional contamination occurred in Paraguay, before GMOs were approved. Paraguay's Dep Agriculture Ministry, admits: "It’s possible that [Monsanto], promoted its varieties & its seeds" before they were approved. "We had to authorize GMO seeds because they had already entered our country in an unorthodox way."
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have made it clear that they would like to keep these dangers hidden from those who purchase their products. These corporations, two of the most well-known and successful food and beverage providers in the world, are doing their best to deny consumers in America the right to know what is in the food they eat. In November of 2012, the two corporations spent more than $4.1 million combined to oppose GMO labeling, with PepsiCo spending $2,485,400 and Coca-Cola spending $1,700,50.
Nancy C.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3581951
We are concerned that you sell Bellaverde® broccoli. This is a flagship Monsanto food product. Monsanto is the world's largest GMO company & has been voted "The Worst Company of 2011" by Natural Society.
Elderberry C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/752401167/3587211
Source: Alicia M.
Target: Secretary of State John Kerry; Goal: Stop promoting genetically engineered foods abroad
American taxpayer's dollars are being spent to aggressively push genetically engineered & genetically modified crops onto foreign countries, despite the objections of citizens of those countries. The State Dept. is directly involved in this practice, which means that agrochemical companies (mainly Monsanto) have our Gov.t eating out of their hand.
Frans B. http://www.care2.com/news/member/774550352/3588842
-NDTV in it's new TV series talks about democracy & improving peoples lives.Then why is it partnering with a corporation like Monsanto known for using unscrupulous means to propagate its trade.
-NDTV is a reputed news organisation & pioneer in Indian TV news space. It aims to provide accurate news. So why partner with a liar like Monsanto?
- Monsanto is a controversial corporation hated by people all over the world. Monsanto uses unethical practices & evil money to further its agenda. GMOs are banned in so many countries. There is a lot of resistance to it in India as well.
- Monsanto is known for its agenda to control food & farming as seen in the case of Bt cotton in India. Cotton was once used by Mahatma Gandhi in the fight for India’s independence, now 93% of our cotton is owned by American company Monsanto’s proprietary technology known as Bt cotton.
Source: Jaya S.
Last week the Connecticut Senate passed a heroic GMO labeling bill by a vote to 35 to 1. Tragically, in response, Governor Malloy (D-CT) & Speaker of the House Brendan Sharkey (D-Hamden) intentionally forced a weak amendment on a House version of the bill that gutted any serious labeling of GMOs in the state. It's outrageous that for the second year in a row that Gov. Malloy & Speaker Sharkey have worked together to stop serious efforts to get a strong GMO labeling bill passed in Connecticut. We need your help today to make sure we can win GMO labeling this year! With only a few weeks left, we need you to act today! Join us to help make GMO labeling a reality in Connecticut!
Source: Jeanne S.
I'm torn between 'Ay yi yi' and 'Oy veh'! Seriously, this hits me as hard as whatever the heck is going on in America's Congress?!?! I guess it all comes down to money talking. It's simply SHAMEFUL! God, help us! And thanks to Michela and Jeanne and everyone in the group!
above News: 10 Ways to Starve a Multi-National GMO Conglomerate
Elderberry C.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/752401167/3588596
8. Join a food co-0p. Localharvest.org: “Food cooperatives are worker or customer owned businesses that provide grocery items of the highest quality & best value to their members. Coops can take the shape of retail stores or buying clubs. All food coops are committed to consumer education,product quality, & member control, & usually support their local communities by selling produce grown locally by family farms.” Food co-ops can be found HERE & HERE.
9. Support restaurants that buy locally. The locavore movement is catching on. If you choose to go out to dinner, opt for restaurants that have seasonal menus based on local harvests. You can find a list of such eateries HERE.
10. Educate friends, family, & the local community. Extend the activism beyond your own kitchen by helping to promote the local options. Lots of people have no idea what to do with swiss chard or rutabagas. Volunteer to teach a cooking class that focuses on seasonal foods. Write up flyers to be inserted with co-op or CSA baskets with instructions on how to prepare that months’ harvest. Submit seasonal recipes to your local paper. Educate, educate, educate, on the benefits & importance of locally grown, non-GMO food.
Grass roots activism like Occupy Monsanto & the March Against Monsanto built a tidal wave of momentum against the GMO contaminating our supplies. We, everyday, ordinary people, can keep the movement going by remembering that the real votes are counted at the cash register.
& some reusable bags & head out to your local farmer’s market. Not only can you shop for vibrant, fresh-picked fruits & veggies, but many markets also offer home-baked goods, jams & jellies, & local meats. Be sure that you are buying directly from farmers. Some vendors buy from the same markets that the grocery stores do. Talk to the vendor & learn about the origin of the offerings.
5. Buy directly from the farm. If you live in a more rural area, shopping locally can be as easy as visiting a neighboring farm. Some set up roadside stands, others rely on the honor system, & others have small shops with their freshly harvested offerings.
6. Visit a pick-your-own farm. A great outing for the whole family is a pick-your-own farm. Even better, the price for fresh berries or apples is often lower when you provide your own labor. A morning spent in the field picking strawberries is both educational & a fun way to bond with your children. You can find a PYO farm in your area HERE.
7. Learn to preserve food. Many of us live in a climate doesn’t allow for fresh harvests year-round. You can acquire fresh produce in large quantities (like bushel baskets) for a far better price than a weekly supply. Canning, freezing, & dehydrating are 3 great ways to preserve that fresh picked goodness to enjoy in the middle of winter, while still avoiding the grocery store & it’s Monsanto-filled shelves.
1. Stop shopping at grocery stores. With farmer’s markets, roadside stands in the country, vegetable gardens, privately owned butcher shops, & mail order sources for bulk purchases of organic grains, there is no reason you need to ever set foot in another chilly, fluorescent-lit, chemical warfare zone again!
2. Eat seasonally. Seasonal eating has a host of benefits: it’s healthier, cheaper, far easier to find in-season foods locally grown.
3. Join a CSA. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. When you join a CSA, you are buying shares in the harvest. This is a great way to support local farmers. You pay in advance & then as the harvest comes in, it is divided among shareholders. Each CSA is different – some divvy up only produce, while others share eggs & dairy products as well.
4. Make the farmer’s market a weekly destination. Grab the kids
News: US Tax Dollars Promote Monsanto's GMO Crops Overseas http://www.moneynews.com/Companies/tax-dollars-monsanto-crops/2013/05/14/id/504379?s=al&promo_code=137EC-1
U.S. taxpayers are footing the bill for overseas lobbying that promotes controversial biotech crops developed by U.S.-based Monsanto Co. & other seed makers.
"It really goes beyond promoting the U.S.'s biotech industry & agriculture," "It really gets down to twisting the arms of countries & working to undermine local democratic movements that may be opposed to biotech crops, & pressuring foreign governments to also reduce the oversight of biotech crops."
Lynn Price http://www.care2.com/news/member/521141541/3580917
It has already begun: Japan has just cancelled a large contract to purchase U.S. wheat. "We will refrain from buying western white and feed wheat effective today," Toru Hisadome, a Japanese farm ministry official in charge of wheat trading, told Reuters.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040572_Japan_GE_wheat_genetic_pollution.html#ixzz2UtGNVnKL
Last week the Connecticut Senate passed a heroic GMO labeling bill by a vote to 35 to 1. Tragically, in response, Governor Malloy (D-CT) and Speaker of the House Brendan Sharkey (D-Hamden) intentionally forced a weak amendment on a House version of the bill that gutted any serious labeling of GMOs in the state. It's outrageous that for the second year in a row that Gov. Malloy and Speaker Sharkey have worked together to stop serious efforts to get a strong GMO labeling bill passed in Connecticut.
FaceBook Disabled my Account in May2010!!! On FB I had recruited more than 3,500 to my Animal/Environmental Causes (OrangutanOutreach, OrangutanLandTrust, Don't Palm Us Off, JaneGoodall Inst., TheCove, Rapes in Congo, etc) I had 3,500 Friends & made Donations for $635. I LOST EVERYTHING when FB Disabled my Account (Entered the Care2 Community thereafter: in June2010). FB Disabled my ACCOUNT because I was posting my Link to “my” Petition for Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants, Wildlife, Biodiversity, Rainforests, “Label PalmOil" for which I worked hard, even 10 hrs/day, since when my UK friend Ryno Nel wrote it & I signed it for 3rd. FB considered it as a SPAM declaring I violated their rules!! Isn’t it more probable that the "PalmOil"/Oil/Logging/FastFood Lobby(Corporations) defend their Money/Greed Interests?? In the same days: FB blocked also the Petition Against BP(the Gulf Disaster)!! Even if they DISABLED me: my Orangutan Petition reached Total 6,455 Signatures!!! Afterwards it was awaiting decisions by the EUParliament. If I disappear also from Care2 you know why....
News: Exclusive: Facebook censors pictures of children rallying against GMOs during global March Against Monsanto http://www.naturalnews.com/040484_Facebook_censorship_children_Monsanto_rally.html
In one of the most devastating acts of destruction of its own credibility, Facebook engaged in yet more censorship of Free Speech with the suspending of an account that posted a photo of children rallying against Monsanto during today's global March Against Monsanto.
Source: Jeanne S.
Millions around the world rallied against Monsanto today, marching in person in nearly 300 cities & spreading the message of food freedom across websites, Facebook & Twitter.
In Austin, Texas, at least a thousand people took part in an upbeat, passionate celebration of food freedom, farm freedom & labeling or eliminating GMOs from the food supply. Although the day was rainy (which is rare for Austin), people & families showed up in huge numbers to support the message of protecting our food supply from Monsanto & the biotech industry.
Petitions signed. Those poor rats. They subject these poor little animals to this horrible lab testing, which is totally immoral and then when they see the results, they still want to grow this garbage and feed it to us. Share, share, share this info far and wide!
Notice: It’s a Worldwide Petition!!! If not US: State: set Other. The Senate has begun debate this week on amendments to the Farm Bill. Tell Congress to Repeal the "Monsanto Protection Act" & Support Pro-Farmer, Pro-Environment, & Pro-Consumer Amendments!
Beverly M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/904222254/3586348
49) New!! Pet.: Tell the EPA You Want Lower, Not Higher, Limits on Monsanto's Roundup! http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50865/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=10886
When does 1 plus 1 not equal 2? When mounting evidence says glyphosate, the key ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup pesticide, does more damage to our health & environment than we thought. And the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) responds by approving higher, not lower, allowable limits of the pesticide residue.
Beverly M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/904222254/3582280
48) New!! Pet.: Label genetically engineered foods! http://action.ewg.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=2024&tag=201305FBGEAmendFull&utm_source=201305fbgeamendfull&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image&utm_campaign=food
Every American has a right to know what's in our food - including whether it contains genetically engineered ingredients. Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., introduced an amendment to the 2013 farm bill that would show support for what more than 90% of Americans want: labeling foods with genetically engineered ingredients. Tell your senators today that you want them to support this right-to-know amendment before the Senate votes on farm bill amendments.
Beverly M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/904222254/3583690
News: Concerns associated with GMs (Sydney March Against Monsanto fb page):
Environmental Risks – There has been inadequate testing of the effect that GM crops can have on the other species due to crossing of genes between kingdoms. Basically, GM crops can contaminate the ecology. If that happens the product is cannot be recalled.
Health Risks – There is still uncertainty regarding the safety of GM foods & consumers are cautious about eating them. The Australian regulatory framework (OGTR & FSANZ) does not do independent health testing instead they rely on the GM industry to provide information regarding the effects on health. This is a major conflict of interests.
Farmers Misled – The benefits fail to live up to what's promised for example GM canola has been performing below average.
Coexistence Impossible – Non-GM farmers are expected to prevent GM contaminatation, otherwise they run the risk of being sued for growing a patented crop &/or breaking contractual agreements if crops are contaminatated.
Marketing – Many export & domestic markets don't want to buy GM or GM contaminatated crops. Farmers have a right & responsibility to provide non-GM crops. Furthermore, costs to supply the non-GM market are higher than GM partly due to management & testing against contaminatation.
Legislation – No adequate Federal legislation exist to address concerns presented by farmers. The GM industry dominates plans for preparedness & coexistence. This is a clear conflicts of interest.
Patents – GM crops patented by agribusiness are unique. They undermine the independence & rights of farmers leading to a dependency on a small number of agribusiness corporations. Contaminatation of non-GM crops can result in farmers being forced to pay patent royalties.
Herbicide Resistance – Many GM crops are developed to be herbicide resistant. Weeds have developed resistance to the herbicide which has lead to an increased use of herbicide that GM proponents want to solve by using more toxic herbicides. The increase use of herbicides reduce surrounding biodiversity leading to increase in use of insecticides.
Source: Jenny C.
Thank you Michelle I stand with ya ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! Thank you for protecting, fighting, educating people like me, standing up to the poisons, lies, deceit that are destroying our planet earth and innocent animals. God bless you for ALL work your doing Michelle thank you so much!!!!!!
Monsanto's actions are designed to maximize its corporate profits, not to serve the people. Its entire seed-and-herbicide business model is designed to trap farmers in a system of economic dependence... to turn farmers into indentured servants who can never return to traditional farming after their soil has been destroyed with Roundup.
Death over life
Monsanto's products cause death. They compromise and violate life. Monsanto's GM corn grown a toxic chemical right inside each and every corn kernel. This corn is what is subsequently eaten by humans.
In the below link you can see the horrible facts what GMO does with rats.
A shocking 70 percent of female rats died prematurely when fed GMOs. 50 percent of males died early. Almost all of them died from cancer tumors.
Read more about the link between GMOs & cancer tumors at:
Kit B.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/451276626/3477317
Still, despite the lopsided campaign funding power, voting on Prop 37 was relatively close. As of this story's publish time (98.5% of precincts reporting), Prop 37 was able to gain 47% of California's vote.
Opponents of Prop 37 blitzed California with campaign ads on a variety of different reasons GMO labeling would be costly for consumers & punitive to businesses like small farms & mom-&-pop stores. The anti-Prop 37 movement also gained endorsements from prominent publications like the Los Angeles Times & the San Francisco Chronicle -- not because the newspapers were against GMO labeling, but because of the way the ballot initiative was written.Nancy: http://www.care2.com/news/member/830372471/3481814
News: Monsanto, pesticide Companies have now spent more than $19 million to kill Prop. 37 http://www.naturalnews.com/037273_Proposition_37_Monsanto_corporations.html
The most evil corporation in the world, Monsanto, has forked over another $2.89 million to kill Proposition 37, the historic bill that, if passed, will require genetically-modified (GM) foods & food ingredients to be labeled at the retail level in California.
Combined with its other recent contributions of more than $4.2 million (http://www.naturalnews.com), Monsanto has now officially shelled out a total of more than $7.1 million to prevent consumers from knowing the truth about what is really contained in the foods they buy.
Along with Monsanto's latest contributions were similar contributions by the other five of the "Big Six" pesticide firms: DuPont, Bayer, Dow, BASF, & Syngenta -- which together gave more than $2.6 million to the No on 37 campaign as part of their most recent contributions. To date, the "Big Six" have collectively contributed nearly $20 million to keep Californians in the dark about GMOs.
Action: March Against Monsanto: May 25, Everywhere http://occupy-monsanto.com/tag/march/ Activists around the world will unite to March Against Monsanto!! Chances are Monsanto contaminated the food you ate today with chemicals & unlabelled GMOs, Monsanto controls much of the world's food supply at the expense of food democracy worldwide. Why we March Against Monsanto: Voting with your $ by buying organic & boycotting Monsanto-owned cos. that use GMOs; Labelling of GMOs so that consumers can make informed decisions easier; Repealing relevant provisions of the US’s “Monsanto Protection Act”; Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs; Holding Monsanto executives&Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media; Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets; Taking to the streets to show the world & Monsanto that we won’t take these injustices quietly.
Jeanne S.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/984224062/3575688?cid=email_na
Video: March Against Monsanto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzN9h0UXcQ&feature=player_embedded#!
Other Videos at the bottom: http://occupy-monsanto.com/tag/march/
A growing body of evidence is pointing to harmful effects of eating Gemetically Modified Foods. With full scope of the hazards & risks of Genetically Modified Organisms are still unknown, coupled with an overburdened healthcare system, it’s important that consumers make informed choices in what they eat.
Target: The U.S. President, Senate, & House -
70% percent or more of our food contains genetically engineered food brought by the bio-tech giant: Monsanto. GMO is endangering people's health & our environment at an alarming rate. Cross-contamination is irreversible & good, organic crops are being jeopardized. These seeds are incredibly expensive compared to the traditional ones & have been genetically modified to produce their own pesticide, to survive the spraying of the: "Roundup", a potent herbicide & to self terminate. This has lead our farmers to buy new GMO seeds each year & depend on Monsanto. As a result of this ruthless drive to use India as a testing ground for genetically modified crops, 125,000 farmers took their own lives. These people were driven to debt, to economic distress, homeless & landless. GMO has & is failing catastrophically.This company is persecuting, bullying & bringing farms to bankruptcy.
GMO was never adequately tested for safety, actually more & more research shows its dangers to the human/animal health, polluting our crops & our water.
Monsanto did use false advertising; Monsanto poisons the third world & privatizes water.
We MUST keep GMO out of the Hawaiian Islands. We have no where to 'go' when GMO crops infect our local food supply.
Should Monsanto, or any Corporation, have rights to a self-replicating natural product?
Target: President of the European Patent Council - Goal: End Monsanto’s seed patents in Europe to protect farmers’ livelihoods, as well as people’s health
Monsanto is a publicly traded multinational corporation that manufactures genetically modified food. In the past, it manufactured the deadly insecticide DDT & the chemical warfare defoliant Agent Orange, which is estimated to have killed or maimed over 1 million people. At present, Monsanto owns over 90% of patents on genetically engineered seeds, which means it more or less controls the mainstream food supply. The vast majority of crops are genetically modified. In the USA, this includes 88% of corn & 93% of soybeans. The process of genetic modification usually involves adding genetic material to a plant’s genome. This process is meant to make the crops more resistant to disease, but the genetic material that prevents disease can also include RNA that causes other diseases. A Chinese study found that people who ate genetically modified rice had RNA in their bodies that binds to human liver cells & absorbs cholesterol from the blood. RNA is also known to lead to cancer, Alzheimer’s, & diabetes
It’s a Worldwide Petition!!! - Every American has a right to know what's in their food. Sign on to tell Congress to pass the Genetically Engineered Food Right-to-Know Act.
The United States Food and Drug Administration is about to approve the sale of genetically engineered salmon. This strange new salmon creation, dubbed "Frankenfish," must not be allowed to enter our food supply.
Noted and signed, tx. Back from Sweden, eh, Michela? Good trip? Welcome back. Now I need to cruise all of these topics to be sure I'm up to date.
Right now President Obama & the Food and Drug Administration are preparing to approve Genetically Engineered salmon on the market. We have less than 24 hours to tell the Obama administration that you oppose the approval of the world's first genetically engineered, transgenic, animal.
Unfortunately, the company behind GMO salmon, AquaBounty Technologies, is already celebrating its pending approval.