53) New!! Pet.: TWEETSTORM for the Slave Apes Jul 3 at 9:00pm to Jul 4 at 8:00am in UTC+01 http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/375/411/467/#next_action World Clock Converter http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html Wild Apes ruthlessly ripped from their forest homes, traded & suffering far away. Apes kidnapped from their native forests of Africa & the dear Orangutans from Malaysia&Borneo. GreatApes: Chimpanzees, Bonobos, Gorillas & Orangutans
48) Pet.: Orangutans under threat - the plan to win http://www.avaaz.org/en/aceh_rainforest_petition_loc/?kRRPsbb 790,022 Signatures. Last year over 1.3 million of us called for the protection of the last place on Earth where Orangutans, Tigers, Rhinos & Elephants still roam free together. Amazingly, we froze the proposed plan that would have destroyed vast swathes of pristine Rainforest in Sumatra. But now the local Gov.t is gearing up to revive the destruction, unless we act! Source: Artur B.; Victoria O. http://www.care2.com/news/member/271353204/3774405
A member of veterinary staff at the Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Programme centre conducts medical examinations on a 14-year-old male Orangutan found with air gun metal pellets embedded in his body
52) New!! Pet.: Help the Maylayan Sun Bear http://www.thepetitionsite.com/387/213/703/help-the-maylayan-sun-bear/ The Malayan Sun Bear is also known as the Honey Bear. It is the smallest Bear in the world. Like many animals in Indonesia, it's Habitat is being torn down to make Palm Oil plantations. It is hard to make accurate estimates about its current population & was listed as data deficient by the Int.l Unit of Conservation & Nature. It also faces a threat because it is often used in many medications. Pls list this animal as an Endangered Species. Ashley H. http://www.care2.com/news/member/875844399/3775631
51) New!! Pet.: Please Protect Orangutans http://www.thepetitionsite.com/619/008/129/please-protect-orangutans/ Please sign this Petition to help protect Orangutans, who are forced to go into villages in search of food. This is because the Rainforests are vanishing at an alarming rate. The villagers then kill them to protect their crops. Please protect these Great Apes. Ashley H. http://www.care2.com/news/member/875844399/3775037
50) New!! Urgent!! Pet.: Protect the Leuser Ecosystem, Declare it a World Heritage! http://www.change.org/petitions/protect-the-leuser-ecosystem-declare-it-a-world-heritage#share SIGN & SHARE!! The Leuser Ecosystem - World Heritage Protection, or destroyed forever?! The Leuser Ecosystem is the last place on earth where Tigers, Orangutans, Elephants & Rhinos roam together in the wild. In total, it’s 2.6 million hectares of protected Forests, of which 80% & the vast majority of Sumatra’s remaining Biodiversity is in the Province of Aceh, Sumatra Indonesia. RIGHT NOW, THE ACEH GOVERNOR IS BEING PRESSURED TO SIGN A NEW LAW THAT WILL DESTROY THIS FOREVER – WE MUST SUPPORT HIM TO MAKE A GOOD DECISION!! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3767285
49) New!! Pet. Tell America's Biggest Brands to Use Deforestation-Free Palm Oil https://secure3.convio.net/ucs/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=4033 Tell these major Corporations that—for the sake of our atmosphere, tropical forests, peatlands, & endangered species—the time to act is now. UPDATE: As of March 2014, General Mills & Colgate-Palmolive announced new policies & Procter & Gamble did the same in early April—write to the other 3 brands today!
Palm Oil Scorecard: Ranking America’s Biggest Brands on Their Commitment to Deforestation-Free Palm Oil Donuts, Deodorant, Deforestation: Scoring America's Top Brands on Their Palm Oil Commitments; Palm Oil Scorecard: Detailed Scoring Breakdown; Palm Oil Scorecard: Methodology. Dave C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/267569599/3762033
47) New!! Pet.: P&G pledges to protect the Forest – once it’s gone https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/mailalert/948/p-g-pledges-to-protect-the-forest-once-it-s-gone Procter & Gamble (P&G) is the Corporation behind brands like Mr. Clean, Head & Shoulders, Gillette & Oil of Olay. It has pledged to use only deforestation-free Palm Oil – as of 2020. Please speak out & tell P&G that 2020 is too late – the remaining Forest will be gone by then! 41,072 Signatures; Source: Sabine H., Waltraud U.
46) New!! Pet.: Stop Rainforest Destruction http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/stop-rainforest-destruction by Greenpeace: Palm Oil Companies are bulldozing a football field's worth of Indonesian Rainforest every hour, destroying vanishing Habitat for animals like Orangutans & the Endangered Sumatran Tiger (only 250 left on Earth!!) This dirty Palm Oil ends up in products we use every day. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3761849
45) New!! Pet.: President Yudhoyono, Save the Leuser Ecosystem! http://act.ran.org/p/dia/action/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=9626 The Leuser Ecosystem is home to the densest population of Orangutans remaining anywhere in the world & is the only place where Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants, Rhinos & Sunbears live in the same Forest together. Today, its future is at a crossroads & your voice is urgently needed. Aceh’s Governor & Parliament have approved a disastrous plan to open up the Leuser Ecosystem to major industrial development. Indonesia's Central Gov.t must reject this plan outright & keep protections for the forest strong. Tell Indonesia's President Yudhoyono you & activists around the world are standing with them to reject the destruction of this pristine Ecosystem!! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3760133
44) New!! Pledge: Help Protect Endangered Species around the World http://www.takepart.com/article/2014/04/01/nbcuniversal-stops-using-orangutan-actors-stage?cmpid=tpnews-eml-2014-04-05-wage
It’s About Time: Universal Studios to Stop Using Orangutan ActorsThe Hollywood & Orlando theme parks promise to ban the use of Primates in their live shows. Source: Jude H.
43) New!! Pet.: Indonesia: Deutsche Bank finances Deforestation https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/mailalert/946/indonesia-deutsche-bank-finances-deforestation To: CEOs of Deutsche Bank & other financial institutions & pension funds - Indonesian Palm Oil producer Bumitama Agri considers itself to be above the law. The Company runs 2 illegal plantations, is clearing Forest for more, & has broken promises to put an end to its illicit practices. Deutsche Bank is among its financiers. Please call on Deutsche Bank’s co-CEOs to stop financing plantations!! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3756095
42) New!! Pet.: Save Orangutans and Tigers from Deforestation http://forcechange.com/111681/save-orangutans-and-tigers-from-deforestation/#.UywM1oGmpCo.care2 Ensure a safe Habitat for animals inhabiting the Indonesian Rainforests, including the Endangered Orangutan & the Sumatran Tiger. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3754453
41) New!! Pet.: Stop Palm Oil plantation expansion on Kalimantan Island http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-palm-oil-plantation-expansion/sign.html We need to stop land clearing & expansion of Palm Oil plantations particularly in Kalimantan island. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3753774
40) New!! Pet.: Tell America's Biggest Brands to Use Deforestation-Free Palm Oil http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/834/073/014/ Tell these major Corporations that--for the sake of our atmosphere, tropical forests, peatlands, & Endangered Species--the time to act is now. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3752070
39) New!! Pet.: Tell America's Biggest Brands to Use Deforestation-Free Palm Oil http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-america-s-biggest-brands-to-use-deforestation-free-palm-oil Palm Oil, an ingredient in thousands of everyday products from snack foods to shampoo, is ubiquitous in our grocery stores & homes. Unfortunately, the big brands behind our favorite products often use Palm Oil responsible for tropical Deforestation. As tropical Forests are cleared or carbon-rich peat swamps are drained & burned to make way for Palm Oil plantations, carbon is released into the atmosphere, driving Global Warming & shrinking habitat for Endangered Species. Tropical Deforestation currently accounts for about 10% of the world's heat-trapping emissions. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3750502
38) New!! Pet.: Commend Muslim Community for Protecting Wildlife http://forcechange.com/110871/commend-muslim-community-for-protecting-wildlife/#.UyGWVxdq6WQ.care2 The preeminent Muslim clerical body in Indonesia has issued a fatwa against illegal wildlife trafficking. This fatwa, or edict, mandates that Indonesia's 200 million Muslims begin to take part in protecting Endangered Species. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3751810
37) New!! Pet.: Procter & Gamble: Stop using Palm Oil! http://dirtysecret.greenpeace.org/en-EN?fbgprop3Mar2
Pls Watch the Video to know how Forests are being destroyed thereby making the famous Sumatran Tigers homeless, Sign & Share Petition. Source: Sravya B.
Video: Greenpeace Int.l https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152065434598300&set=vb.7297163299&type=2&theatre
Kellogg Rejects Palm Oil From Decimated Rainforests Kellogg Co. has pledged it will start buying Palm Oil only from Companies that don’t destroy tropical Rainforests to produce the additive used in several processed foods like Pop-Tarts. The move was in response to a lengthy campaign by Environmental groups which pressured the cereal giant to cease buying Palm Oil from plantations that disrupt Rainforests in Southeast Asian nations, primarily Indonesia.The exotic Forests house several Endangered Species, incl. the Orangutan & Sumatran Tiger.
Palm Oil is a relatively minor ingredient used in Kellogg products like Pop-Tarts, cookies & waffles, however, most of its cereals don’t contain it.
Breaking: 9 Arrested After Death-Defying Protest of P&G’s Use of Palm Oil In James Bond style, 9 Greenpeace activists were arrested Tuesday after they rappelled down Cincinnati’s Procter & Gamble (P&G) skyscraper & hung 2 large posters protesting P&G’s use of Palm Oil in its Head & Shoulders products. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3748765
Video: Clip: Stop Putting Tiger Survival on the Line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlSA0u8dCCA
Procter & Gamble Dirty Secret Procter & Gamble used a total of 462,000t of Palm Oil products in 2012–13 (352,000t of palm kernel oil [PKO], 20,000t of crude Palm Oil [CPO] & 90,000t of other Palm Oil derivatives). Procter & Gamble buys Palm Oil from some of the world’s largest Palm Oil processors. As a result of Rainforest destruction by Procter & Gamble’s suppliers, household brands containing Palm Oil, such as Head & Shoulders shampoo & Gillette shaving gel, are contributing to Climate Change, key tropical Biodiversity Loss & social Deprivation. Greenpeace Int.l investigations show how – through the trade in Palm Oil – Procter & Gamble & a host of other Companies are aiding & abetting the clearance of the Bornean Orangutan’s Rainforest Habitat & that of the even scarcer, Critically Endangered Sumatran Tiger. They have also been complicit in Peatland Destruction & depriving communities of their land & livelihoods.
Procter & Gamble's Palm Oil suppliers linked to Deforestation (Photos) A year-long investigation by Greenpeace has found Companies that supply Procter & Gamble (P&G) with Palm Oil are engaged in clearing of Rainforests & Peatlands in Indonesia Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3746113
1. A solitary Rainforest tree remains standing in a recently planted Palm Oil plantation on former Orang-utan habitat inside the PT Karya Makmur Abadi EstateII Palm Oil concession, a subsidiary of the Malaysian Kuala Lumpar Kepong Berhad (KLK) group.
2. A Greenpeace investigation documents an Orangutan skull beside an Oil Palm plantation owned by PT Bumi Langgeng Perdanatrada, a subsidiary of BW Plantation Group, near Tanjung Puting Nat.l Park in Central Kalimantan
36) New!! Pet.: PROTECT FORESTS in SUMATRA! PLEDGE TO ENLARGE NAT.L PARKS http://www.thepetitionsite.com/909/099/866/protect-forests-in-sumatra-pledgeto-extend-national-parks/ 49% of the natural forests of SUMATRA, Indonesia, have been destroyed since 1985. How can we let destroying such irreplaceable unique natural heritage? Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3730381
35) New!! Pet.: PROTECT FORESTS in BORNEO! PLEDGE TO ENLARGE NAT.L PARKS http://www.thepetitionsite.com/760/110/527/protect-forests-of-borneo-pledga-to-enlarge-national-parks/ FORESTS OF BORNEO ARE DESTROYED EVERYDAY, wood is sold & sent to W. countries, old forests full of biodiversity are replaced by huge an monotonous PalmOil plantations with very low biodiversity. Let's also reconsider the products, food & items that we buy, all around the World, as for example the wooden furniture & our food containing Palm Oil, we have our part of responsibility!! On the internet, we can discover with horror that Orangutans are killed, raped, tortured, sold as living items.This horror & such massive destruction is really unacceptable! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3730384
Orangutans are some of our most intelligent, thoughtful relatives — their name means &ldquoerson of the forest” in Malay. They spend 90% of their time roaming & climbing trees (the males can stretch their arms up to 7 feet!) — even sleeping high up in nests of leafy branches, & they use big leaves as umbrellas when it rains. So, as demand for Palm Oil skyrockets & Companies rush to clear more & more land, their homes are literally falling like dominoes. Allowing the world’s Orangutans to die out would mean not only losing one of the planet’s most majestic creatures forever, but would also change the entire ecosystem of the Rainforests they inhabit. As they roam the forest eating fruit, Orangutans scatter the seeds far & wide, helping the entire Forest stay healthy & robust. In Borneo, where 80% of the Orangutans’ habitat has already been destroyed, even a small area of land can make a massive difference as it can link together protected Forests that have survived. That’s why this plan to save the Orangutans is so powerful — by connecting a Forest reserve with a wildlife sanctuary, we can get the most from every cent raised.
33) New!! Pet.: Indonesia: terror and eviction for Palm Oil https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/mailalert/936/indonesia-terror-and-eviction-for-palm-oil To: The EU, the Gov.ts of the EU Member States & Neste Oil - In Jambi Prov. in Sumatra, a total of 1,500 men descended on the helpless indigenous Suku Anak Dalam & evicted them from their huts. At least 296 houses in 4 villages were looted & demolished in early Dec. 2013. For almost 30yrs Asiatic Persada has been persecuting the Forest dwellers – in 1986, the company started to cut down their Rainforest for plantations. Yet the people stood firm – until Dec. 2013. Vast Rainforest areas are being cleared for new Palm Oil plantations in response to the EU’s agrofuel policy. Palm oil imports from the tropics are soaring to meet growing demand for biodiesel: 2.5 million tons were imported in the 1st half of 2013 – a 63% increase over the same period the previous year. The most important producer of Palm-Oil Biodiesel is Neste Oil Corporation. The Finnish Gov.t maintains a 51% controlling interest in the Co., which operates the world’s largest Biodiesel refineries in Singapore & Rotterdam, each with an annual capacity of one billion liters.
32) New!! Pet.: Indonesia: Protect Endangered Orangutans and the Leuser Ecosystem http://www.thepetitionsite.com/979/476/412/indonesia-protect-endangered-orangutans-and-the-leuser-ecosystem/ An Indonesian court dealt a big blow to a Palm Oil Company for illegally burning areas of the Tripa peat Forest in the province of Aceh that are vitally important for the future survival of Critically Endangered Orangutans, & other Species incl. Sumatran Tigers, Elephants, Malayan SunBears & Rhinos. For Orangutans, efforts to protect the Tripa Forests & Leuser Ecosystem could be their only hope for survival. Only estim. 6,500 Orangutans left in Sumatra who continue to face threats from Deforestation, Habitat fragmentation, the Pet trade & being killed as pests. As many as 100 Tripa’s Orangutans have recently been killed in fires. Aceh's wildlife is in danger. The Gov.t is considering a controversial & short-sighted spatial land use plan that would threaten Aceh's protected Forests by clearing the way for Mining, PalmOil & Timber Concessions, for the development of new roads, which will fragment precious habitat & create more access to wildlife for hunters. This is a huge blow to Orangutans & overall Biodiversity, & will harm Local Communities. Further Deforestation will lead to more flash floods, landslides & erosion, destroying livelihoods that are forest-dependent & threatening the water supply that millions of people rely on for drinking & food production. The Leuser Ecosystem is one of the world's most irreplaceable places for the conservation of protected Species. The Int.l community supports greater protection. Environmentalists are urging Aceh's Governor to stand up for wildlife & the people who depend on this valuable Rainforest by supporting a nomination for the Leuser Ecosystem as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Pls ask the Aceh's Governor to support World Heritage Status for the Leseur Ecosystem, which will help conserve Biodiversity & protect Local Communities. Source: Jeanie S.; Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3700830
31) New!! Pet.: Call on Indonesia's president to reject the destruction of the Leuser Ecosystem http://act.ran.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=9066 The Leuser Ecosystem is home to the densest population of Orangutans remaining anywhere in the world & is the only place where Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants, Rhinos & Sun Bears live in the same Forest together. The people of Aceh have long fought to protect the Leuser Ecosystem as it also provides them with clean water for downstream irrigation, agriculture & food production. Today, it is at a crossroads. Aceh's Governor & parliament has signed off on a disastrous plan that will open up huge areas of some of the world’s most biologically diverse forests to major industrial development, incl. Conflict Palm Oil plantations. Aceh's parliament has ignored its legal obligations to protect the Leuser Ecosystem. It has let down nearly 4 million people who depend on the Rainforests of the Leuser Ecosystem for clean water for drinking, irrigation & food production, in order to satisfy Palm Oil, Mining & Logging Companies. It's not to late to stop this plan. We need to urgently call on Indonesia's President & the Minister of Home Affairs to prevent this new plan from being formally accepted & legalized by Indonesia’s Central Gov.t. Some places in the world are too important to lose: Conflict Palm Oil Plantation or UNESCO World Heritage Site? Pls sign & spread the word!!!! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3700406
30) New!! Pet.: Designate Spectacular Rainforest for Protection http://forcechange.com/95911/designate-spectacular-rainforest-for-protection/#gf_15 The tropical Rainforests of Indonesia, in SE Asia, are among the most biologically diverse places on the planet, home to some of the world’s most spectacular animals. However, they are also highly endangered, with deforestation pushing animals like the Orangutan & Tiger close to the brink of extinction. Now, an int.l effort is needed to save these & other Species. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3687470
29) New!! Pet.: Indonesia- List Malayan Sun Bear as Endangered http://www.thepetitionsite.com/365/734/024/indonesia-list-malayan-sun-bear-as-endangered// The Malayan Sun Bear is the smallest Bear in the world- ab. 4 feet tall when standing on its hind legs. Also known as the Honey Bear, it is primarily found in tropical Rainforests in SE Asia & on the islands of Sumatra & Borneo, Indonesia. So much is known about the destruction of the Rainforests in Indonesia being replaced by Palm Oil plantations- & the animals being driven to extinction- such as the Sumatran Tiger, Orangutan, Elephant & Rhino; but less in known about the Sun Bear, & it was listed by the Int.l Union for Conservation of Nature as "data deficient" until 2007. In addition to leveling the Sumatra Forest, logging roads create convenient access for poachers. As natural food sources disappear, Sun Bears are driven by hunger to forage for food on plantations, where they are shot or trapped by angry farmers. Often Sun Bear are kept as pets. The mother Bears are killed in order to obtain cubs young enough to tame. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3680529
28) New!! Pet.: HSBC & DBS Bank: Stop investing in Bumitama Group https://www.change.org/petitions/hsbc-dbs-bank-stop-investing-in-bumitama-group Note: The Petition image is baby Orangutan Sura, left orphaned in a Palm Oil plantation belonging to Bumitama. Sura had some of his fingers chopped off by plantation workers, most likely caused during the killing of his mother.
The banking giants HSBC & DBS have bankrolled Palm Oil Co. Bumitama Group. HSBC provided £260million in loans & other financial services to the destructive Palm Oil Co. since 2010. Source: Danuta W.
27) New!! Pet.: Commend Indonesia for Deal to End Illegal Logging http://forcechange.com/84617/commend-indonesia-for-deal-to-end-illegal-logging/ Indonesia & the European Union have signed a deal to end all trade in illegal wood products between Asia & Europe. Their efforts will help reduce the amount of trees cut down, saving endangered Indonesian Forests. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3665954
26) New!! Pet.: Save Orangutans from Barbaric Cruelty & Abuse http://www.thepetitionsite.com/703/881/872/save-orangutans-from-barbaric-cruelty-and-abuse/ As Rainforest Destruction continues at an alarming rate, Orang Utans or “Man of the Forest” as their name means, are forced to go into villages in search of food. Once entering a village they face capture & severe abuse. Farmers are ruthlessly killing adult Orangutans to prevent them from eating their crops, leaving many baby Orangutans to be orphaned in the Forest to die. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3663927
25) New!! Pet.: Stop the Sale & use of Palm Oil: Negative effects on Rainforests!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/468/463/991/stop-the-sale-and-use-of-palm-oil-negative-effects-on-rainforests/#sign Because Deforestation kills Orangutangs!! Save the Rainforests!! Source: Rhonda W., Sylvie C.
24) New!! Pet.: Borneo: National Park Emergency https://www.salviamolaforesta.org/mailalert/928/borneo-emergenza-dal-parco-nazionale?mt=1687&v=0&ref=nl 62,028 Signatures – I signed with all my & my family mails!!!!The Bumitama Gunajaya Agro (BGA) Palm Oil Company is cutting Rainforests & Peatlands in the Tanjung Putting Nat.l Park to make room for its Oil Palm Monocoltures. This Co. is carrying out an “aggressive expansion strategy” & plans an increment of 13,000 Hectares of Oil Palm plantation every year!!!!!!
The Rainforest & the Habitat of the Orangutans are destroyed by Oil Palm plantations!!
23) New!! Pet.: Hillary Clinton: Please protect Endangered Wildlife from the Palm Oil industry! http://www.change.org/petitions/hillary-clinton-please-protect-endangered-wildlife-from-the-palm-oil-industry Palm Oil plantations are the biggest threat to the existence of Wildlife today. We know the Orangutans will go extinct if we don't act. Others including the Forest Elephants in Malaysia & Indonesia are looking at the same terrible threat of extinction. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3649381
22) New!! Pet.: Ohio must create a policy to stop Global Warming from Palm Oil industries https://www.change.org/petitions/ohio-must-create-a-policy-to-stop-global-warming-from-palm-oil-industries U.K. already has a policy on its use of Palm Oil & states: "Palm oil production is often linked to Deforestation & Peatland Drainage, mainly in Indonesia & Malaysia. This has major impacts on Biodiversity, Climate Change & also land rights for Local People." https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sustainable-production-of-palm-oil-uk-statement France & Germany made a commitment in Sept. 2013 to the use of sustainable Palm Oil as well by 2015. Americans must not be used as unwitting partners in causing Global Warming when we are fed unsustainable Palm Oil nor can we be part of the problem of wildlife extinction .We must stand up in the fight against Climate Change when better versions of the product are readily available. Source: Curzio B.
21) New!! Pet.: Woolies, please reconsider your Palm Oil policy! https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Woolies_please_reconsider_your_palm_oil_policy/?fpla Borneo & Sumatra are wonderfully biodiverse. Yet they have many Critically Endangered Species, as 300 football fields worth of Rainforest is cleared hourly to make way for Palm Oil! *Shocking violations of human & property rights of indigenous minorities & small farming communities are taking place there! *Species like Orangutans (+50,000 deaths so far), Sumatran Tigers & Rhinos, & Bornean Pygmy Elephants are heading for imminent extinction in the wild! Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3642488
20) New!! Pet.: Gobiernos de Indonesia y Malasia: Proteger los Bosques que son el Hábitat natural del Orangután de Borneo (Text in Spanish) http://www.change.org/petitions/gobiernos-de-indonesia-y-malasia-proteger-los-bosques-que-son-el-h%C3%A1bitat-natural-del-orangut%C3%A1n-de-borneo Orangutans are very intelligent & also the closest relatives to Men!! They live only in the Forests of Indonesia & Malaysia: let’s SAVE THEM!! Source: Daniela B.
19) New!! Pet.: Governor Kitzhaber & Senators Wyden & Merkley: Create a policy to stop using products that add to Global Warming! http://www.change.org/petitions/governor-kitzhaber-and-senators-wyden-and-merkley-create-a-policy-to-stop-using-products-that-add-to-global-warming We have to stop using products that contain conventional Palm Oil! The Gov.t of the U.K. already has a policy on its use of Palm Oil & states: "PalmOil production linked to Deforestation & peatland drainage, mainly in Indonesia & Malaysia. This has major impacts on biodiversity, Climate Change & also land rights for local people." France & Germany have also pledged to adopt similar policies to protest against the Global Warming which PalmOil production causes. It’s time that we speak up as Americans & urge our legislators to adopt a policy on their use of products that contain PalmOil! Source: Daniela B.
17) New!! Pet.: World Biosphere Reserve for BORNEO, Indonesia http://www.thepetitionsite.com/765/977/707/world-biosphere-reserve-for-borneo-indonesia/ Target: Indonesian Gov.t + UNESCO. We claim for the protection of BORNEO, & for urgent & exceptional measures, such as the conversion of 75% of the territory of BORNEO to be protected as WORLD BIOSPHERE RESERVE, under the management of the UNESCO. As Borneo is representing an exceptional & worldwide importance in terms of Natural Resources, & Biodiversity, its protection must be also exceptional accordingly!! Pls forward this message!! Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3636070
16) New!! Pet.: Demand Malaysian Gov.t Reduce Logging http://forcechange.com/69916/demand-malaysian-government-reduce-logging/ Reduce the rate at which the Logging Industry is deforesting Malaysia. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3618558
15) New!! Pet.: Demand an End to Deforestation in Indonesia http://forcechange.com/69245/demand-an-end-to-deforestation-in-indonesia/ In recent years, Palm Oil has become an increasingly popular, cheaper substitute for vegetable oil in the USA. Large food companies have sought to purchase vast quantities of Palm Oil from tropical areas of Asia, Africa & South America. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3612688
14) New!! Pet.: Help Ensure that Sustainable Palm Oil is Deforestation-Free https://secure3.convio.net/ucs/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=3731&autologin=true&JServSessionIdr004=af7j456ky4.app304a Palm Oil is an ingredient in thousands of products we use every day, from baked goods to cleaning products to shampoo. Unfortunately, even "sustainable" Palm Oil is being produced at a tremendous expense to our planet's tropical forests since the group that certifies it, the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), still allows Palm Oil that causes Deforestation to be considered sustainable. Tropical deforestation causes about 15% of Global Warming emissions worldwide! It's time to tell the RSPO that there's nothing sustainable about forest destruction.
Action: Rescue Sumatran Orangutans https://thehungersite.greatergood.com/store/ths/item/53837/rescue-sumatran-orangutans?source=10--1074066384-1 As Sumatra rapidly trades their rainforests for farmlands, the Orangutans who call these forests home, are losing habitat critical to their survival. Today there are less than 6,600 Orangutans left in the wild, stranded in isolated patches of forest surrounded by plantations. Left with few options for food to survive, Sumatran Orangutans are turning to the crops farmers rely on for income, raiding & damaging them to supplement their diet. Stripped of their protection by the forest, these Orangutans face greater exposure to hunting & poaching for the illegal pet trade. The Sumatran Orangutan Society is helping to rescue Orangutans being illegally kept as pets or are stranded in farmlands by relocating them to safer forests they can call home. You can help! Your donation from $ 5.00 can help fund tranquilizer darts to safely evacuate Orangutans from areas being cleared by bulldozers & veterinary supplies needed to treat them out in the field. Source: Richard H.
13) New!! Pet.: Save Orangutans! http://www.change.org/petitions/save-orangutans 2,715 Signatures An environmental catastrophe continues in the forests of Aceh province and other forests throughout Indonesia. Palm oil companies have continued their slash and burn techniques, leaving wildlife without the ecologies they rely on, or worse. The multinational conglomerates that make up the palm oil industry are operating illegally, flying in the face of Natl Law, and killing off an international treasure, the Sumatran orangutan. The Aceh region is particularly important. It is home to the densest population of the critically endangered Sumatran orangutan, one of the few ape species alive today. Conservationists have estimated that over half of the orangutans found in the forests in Aceh province have already perished, some burning to death in the fires used to clear swamps for palm oil plantations. The remaining orangutans will almost certainly go extinct, if something isn't done. Sharon W. http://www.care2.com/news/member/177558438/3629253
12) New!! Pet.: Stop the Oil for Ape scandal in Borneo http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_the_Oil_for_Ape_scandal_in_Borneo/?ftQqPab&pv=23 Palm Oil companies have already cleared over 2,200 hectares of land alongside the Sekonyer River & Tanjung Puting Nat.l Park, killing at least 22 wild Orangutans & there is a massive expansion underway. Orangutans aren't the only victims. This is a conservation area of global importance: home to 9 Primate Species, over 20 mammals incl. the Endangered SunBear & Clouded Leopard & over 200 Bird Species. The Sekonyer River is critical habitat & provides access to Tanjung Puting Nat.l Park. The Orangutans being murdered are cut off from the Park & trapped on the opposite side of the River. They cannot swim. They cannot cry for help. This area is already a highly prized tourist destination. Ecotourism provides a sustainable income for local people. It protects the Rainforest. Palm Oil is short-term. It destroys everything forever. Source: Harshiita S.
11) Pet.: Selamatkan Orangutan http://www.gopetition.com.au/petitions/selamatkan-orangutan.html only 972 Signatures!!!! Come on!! As usual I SIGNED it with ALL my Emails & all my Family ones!!!!!!!
10) Pet.: Malaysia: Stop Destroying Orangutan Habitat http://www.thepetitionsite.com/879/149/734/maiaysia-stop-destroying-orangutan-habitat/ 2,281 Signatures The Orangutan is one of our closest relatives: share 97% of our DNA, make & use tools, can be taught American Sign Language, have exactly the same emotions as us, & are so close genetically they can catch all our contagious diseases. Now they are disappearing. The main threat not only for the survival of the Orangutan, but so many other Species it is impossible to count, is Deforestating for Palm Oil plantations. Palm oil is a cooking oil, sometimes simply labeled as vegetable oil. Forests are being completely bulldozed, & the Orangutans make their way back to the plantation, trying to find their home. There, they are ususally killed, & their babies sold on the black market as pets. Palm Oil is found in many household products from chips to cosmetics. Kit B. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3482279
Video: Palm Oil: how our consumer choices affect Wildlife http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-1DQwaauwE
9) Pet.: Global campaign to protect the Orangutan Forest https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/mailalert/916/global-campaign-to-protect-the-orangutan-forest?mt=1586&v=0&ref=nl
9) Pet.: Per la Foresta degli Oranghi (in Italian) https://www.salviamolaforesta.org/mailalert/916/per-la-foresta-degli-oranghi?mt=1590&v=0&ref=nl
89,258 Signatures since May 22 2013!!!! – I signed with all my & my family Emails!! Target: Indonesia President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono - President Yudhoyono has already extended a nationwide moratorium for another 2 years, protecting the rainforests from Deforestation. Aceh however is a semi-autonomous province & the reigning Governor Zaini Abdullah has far-reaching powers. We are therefore collecting signatures & will not stop until the rainforests of Aceh & the Orangutans living there are protected by a firm agreement.
8) Pet.: Deutsche Bank - Stop supporting Rainforest Destruction http://www.change.org/petitions/deutsche-bank-stop-supporting-rainforest-destruction The Malaysian company FELDA wants to collect global holding company of ventures for new Palm Oil plantations 3 billion dollars on Malaysia's stock exchange. Deutsche Bank helps in the search for investors. FELDA is already the world's third-largest owner of Palm Oil monocultures, world's largest Palm Oil traders & a leading sugar producer. Source: Vicynthia Tjahjadi, Indonesia
A clouded Leopard
7) Pet.: Stop Support of Rainforest Destruction http://forcechange.com/25449/stop-support-of-rainforest-destruction/Target: Chief Executive Officer of the Deutsche Bank Josef Ackermann. The booming Palm Oil industry of Indonesia has become an extremely profitable enterprise. The yield from the Oil Palm is in extremely high demand. Oil Palm plantations also have the capacity to produce more oil per hectare than any other oilseed crop in the world. These factors have given rise to unprecedented growth in the industry, a great asset to a region with many poor, rural communities that are in need of an economic boost. Unfortunately, it has evolved beyond such communities into a cash crop capitalized upon by international big business. Cher:
6) Pet.: Stop Deforestation in Indonesia http://www.thepetitionsite.com/796/526/669/stop-deforestation-in-indonesia/
Sponsored by: Cal Mendelsohn; Target: President of Indonesia, Mr. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono More than half of Indonesia's Rainforest, the 3rd-largest swath in the world, has been felled in a few years & permission has been granted to convert up to 70% of what remains into Palm or Acacia plantations. 30 years ago the world's 3rd-& 6th-largest islands were full of Tigers, Elephants, Rhinos, Orangutans & exotic birds & plants but they have been effectively trashed in a single generation by global agribusiness & pulp & paper industries. Indonesian Gov.t efforts to control this destruction have been ineffective. "Despite a commitment from the Gov.t to extend a moratorium on Deforestation for 2 years, Indonesia is still cutting down its Forests faster than any other country”. Loopholes in the law mean the moratorium only covers new licences & primary Forests, & excludes key peatland areas & existing concessions which are Tiger & Elephant habitats." Please sign this petition to urge Indonesia's President & other officials there to preserve remaining Forests & to enforce the moratorium of new licences for Palm Oil plantations in Indonesia. Cal: http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3587952
4,701 Signatures To STOP a LOGGING Co. destroying Lestari Asri Jaya Concession, forming a critical part of the Bukit Tigapuluh Ecosystem,"Thirty Hills", located in Central Sumatra, Central Indonesia. This globally important Ecosystem provides a safe haven for many Species which are threatened by Extinction & are extremely rare: including the Critically Endangered Sumatran Orangutan, Tiger & Elephant. Between 1985 & 2007, Sumatra Island LOST 12 Million Hectares of Natural Rainforest, a 48% Loss in 22 years. By 2007, Sumatra had only 30% Natural Forest cover (13 Million Hectares).
Orangutan Baby says: Help me!!!!!
4) Pet.: Orangutans – victims of “sustainable” Palm Oil (in English) https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/mailalert/914/orangutans-victims-of-sustainable-palm-oil?mt=1573&v=0&ref=nl 107,071 Signatures – I SIGNED with all my & my family mails!!!! Perched atop the remains of the last tree, an Orangutan looks helplessly on what was until recently the Forest he was living in but is now only ruins. Armed with chainsaws & bulldozers, workers of Bumitama Gunajaya Agro (BGA), a Palm Oil company, have completely destroyed the Rainforest for miles. 3 other half-starved Orangutans – a pregnant female & a mother with her child on her back – were also found crawling around the stumps & tree trunks of the cleared Rainforest. “There are more Orangutans in the tiny remaining patches of Forest in the plantation, along with other Protected Species such as Proboscis Monkeys. All of the animals on the plantation are threatened. The company must therefore stop clearing the Rainforest immediately.” This may seem hard to believe, but the Palm Oil producer BGA has been a member of the RSPO, the label for sustainable palm oil, since 2007. BGA’s customers include IOI, Wilmar & Sinar Mas, companies that sell the Palm Oil to European food & consumer goods manufacturers & biodiesel producers. Even the EU has recognized the RSPO as a certification system for sustainably produced biofuels. Please sign our petition to call for a stop to Rainforest Destruction & Palm Oil imports. Source: Richard S.
4) Pet.: To die for Palm Oil? No, Thank you!! (in German) https://www.regenwald.org/aktion/914/sterben-fuer-palmoel-nein-danke#.UWgHM-86ihA.facebook
107,071 Signatures – Defenceless: one Orangutan on what remains of the last tree. All around everything has been destroyed!!! The workers of the Bumitama Gunajaya Agro (BGA) Palm Oil Company have completely cleared the area, with chainsaws & bulldozers!!!
Source: Danuta W., Cher: http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3565014
2) Pet.: Pak Ujang Iskandar: Stop deforestation along the banks of the Sekonyer River http://www.change.org/petitions/pak-ujang-iskandar-stop-deforestation-along-the-banks-of-the-sekonyer-river The Sekonyer River area, outside of Tanjung Puting Nat.l Park in Borneo, is the main access to the park & is what visitors see on their way to the famous Camp Leakey. It is also home to thousands of rainforest species, including: endangered orangutans, clouded leopards, slow lorises, hornbills, gibbons & proboscis monkeys, found nowhere else on earth. However, a recent proposal threatens to complete destroy the lush rainforest along the river & in so doing devastate the remaining biodiversity clinging to life there. Although the forest in the area has become increasing fragmented over the last several years, this proposal would completely demolish what remains of it. Not only would it erase the natural beauty of the riverbanks, but it would also put added pressure on hundreds of species already on the brink of extinction. Tell Indonesia their rainforests are an important natural resource & they are worth saving. We have a voice! Source:Sheila S. Cal: http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3564138
1) Pet.: Save Indonesian Forests From Being Destroyed http://forcechange.com/8174/save-indonesian-forests-from-being-destroyed/ Indonesia: the world’s 3rd largest preserved Rainforest, also one of the world’s largest carbon traps. Indonesia’s peatlands, (20MillionHectares) (3 years of the world’s total use). Millions of Acres each year are destroyed for coal, Palm Oil, & sugarcane: the rate at which carbon is released into the ozone is staggering. Since the creation of REDD in the United Nations, $18Million were distributed to protect some of the world’s most valuable Forests in an effort to combat Climate Change. Pls help enforce Indonesia’s Climate deal & help with funding ensuring protection of Forests that house incredible Biodiversity & contain massive amounts of carbon that could expedite Global Warming. Cher: http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3005415