38) New!! Pet.: Help Save the Last Forest on Earth where Tigers, Elephants, Rhinos and Orangutans Exist Together http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/467/755/893/#next_action In the province of Aceh in Indonesia, there are plans for a major road - the Ladia Galaska - which will dissect the Leuser Ecosystem - a Forest Reserve which is the last place on earth where Critically Endangered Orangutans, Elephants, Tigers, & Rhinos exist together. The roads would sever the Leuser Ecosystem in 9 places. Fragmenting the Forest would open up the area to more Illegal Logging & Palm Oil plantations, making all of the critically endangered animals of the Leuser much more vulnerable to Poaching. Eventually, small groups of each species could become cut off & genetically isolated, further threatening their survival. So many of the world's most unique & rare Species would be affected by the Leuser Ecosytem being dissected by roads, not at least the wilderness area itself. Pls sign & share the petition.
36) New!! Pet.: Stop BHP's Destruction in Indonesia https://www.communityrun.org/petitions/stop-bhp-s-destruction-in-indonesia IndoMet Mining project covers 865,000 acres in the Borneo Rainforest. The project will cause mass Deforestation & damage to the rivers of the upper Barito basin. The Forests in the area are sensitive & full of Biodiversity much of which has not been scientifically surveyed - we could loose species we don't know anything about. The region is also home to the Endangered Orangutan. Mining also poses social threats to remote communities in the area by threatening river systems & inhabitable land. Source: Antoinette G.
35) New!! Pet.: Stop an Investment Firm from Destroying Rainforests http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/726/522/286/ Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA), which manages many of our retirement accounts as well as city endowments & other public funds, is a shadowy money manager with nearly a billion dollars in Logging & Palm Oil Cos. that are burning & bulldozing Forests across Southeast Asia & Africa. The companies are responsible for displacing peasant farmers & devastating Orangutans, Sumatran Tigers, & African Great Apes. One Co. it’s invested in has even trafficked arms in Liberia, & another is accused of treating workers like slaves. Through DFA, millions of us may be linked to some of the worst Palm Oil & Forestry Cos. on the planet. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3821825
34) New!! Pet.: Protect the Last Place on Earth - The Leuser Ecosystem http://www.ran.org/lastplaceonearth?utm_campaign=leuser_test2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=rainforestactionnetwork At 6.5 million acres, the Leuser Ecosystem is a world unto itself—a rich & verdant expanse of intact tropical lowland Rainforests, cloud draped mountains & steamy peatlands swamps. It is among the most biodiverse & ancient ecosystems ever documented by science, & it is the last place where Sumatran Orangutans, Elephants, Tigers, Rhinos & Sun Bears still roam side by side. But the Leuser Ecosystem exists at a tenuous crossroads. Despite being protected under Indonesian national law, massive industrial development for Palm Oil, Pulp & Paper plantations & Mining threaten the entire ecosystem, as well as the continued wellbeing of the millions of Acehnese people who depend on it for their food, water & livelihoods. Will you raise your voice today to call for the protection of the Leuser Ecosystem? We must convince Musim Mas Group to break its ties to the destruction of the Leuser Ecosystem. As the Palm Oil trader most at risk of trafficking Conflict Palm Oil sourced from the Leuser Ecosystem, Musim Mas Group must take action. This Palm Oil giant must ensure that it is not sourcing, processing & shipping Palm Oil fruit grown inside the Leuser Ecosystem to its customers—incl. the Snack Food 20—around the globe. At a time when the largest Palm Oil traders have committed to cut Rainforest destruction & human rights abuses from global supply chains Musim Mas Group is delaying taking real action. This has to change & with your help it will. Add your name. Raise your voice today to protect the Leuser Ecosystem. Cal M. http://www.care2.com/news/member/193692282/3821020
Video: Arnold Go Home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjxNfLiL1V0
32) New!! Pet.: Liberia: land grabbing for Palm Oil? NO means NO! https://www.rainforest-rescue.org/mailalert/950/liberia-land-grabbing-for-palm-oil-no-means-no The Jogbahn Clan in Liberia is fighting to keep the Palm Oil Co. EPO from clearing their land without permission. Add your voice to tell EPO that the world is watching. NO means NO! Source: Cinzia P.
31) New!! Pet.: Help save the last Forest on Earth where Tigers, Elephants, Rhinos and Orangutans live together! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/454/362/046/help-save-the-last-forest-on-earth-where-tigers-elephants-rhinos-and-orangutans-live-together/ Author: Georgina B. The last place on earth where Critically Endangered Sumatran Tigers, Rhinos, Sun Bears, Elephants & Orangutans are found together in one forest is under threat from Mining, Logging & Palm Oil Cos. The Leuser Ecosystem is home to the densest population of Orangutans remaining anywhere in the world & is the only place where all the above creatures in the same Forest together. Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3766106
30) New!! Pet.: Defend Endangered Forests and Indigenous Rights Papua New Guinea's indigenous peoples have co-existed with native animals & plants for centuries - but when industrial plantations take over, it means bad news for wildlife & for traditional communities. Unlike indigenous agricultural practices, industrial plantations destroy vast areas of Rainforests that both people & wildlife depend on. It’s this type of plantation that Kuala Lumpur Kepong wants to develop at Collingwood Bay. Cal M.
29) New!! Pet.: Sierra Leone: in jail against Oil Palm; Sierra Leone: in carcere contro la Palma da Olio https://www.salviamolaforesta.org/mailalert/930/sierra-leone-in-carcere-contro-la-palma-da-olio?mt=1727&v=0&ref=nl 53,418 Signatures – Local communities are compelled to leave their ancestral lands to make room for Oil Palm plantations, to produce Palm Oil for Biofuel, Foods & Chemical products for the European Market.
28) New!! Pet.: Demand Justice for the People of Collingwood Bay, Papua New Guinea http://act.ran.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=8824 The Indigenous communities of Collingwood Bay, Papua New Guinea are engaged in a high stakes battle to defend their land & culture from the threat of Conflict Palm Oil expansion & they need your help. Take action now—tell the RSPO to resolve this dispute immediately. Source: Waltraud U.; Cher C. http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3670739
PalmOil CRIMES against Environm.&People: Summary Petition List:
PalmOil CRIMES against Environm.&People: Summary Petition List:
27) New!! Pet.: Strengthen Sustainable Palm Oil Targets in the UK http://www.thepetitionsite.com/485/968/364/strengthen-sustainable-palm-oil-targets-in-the-uk/ 9,088 Signatures The world cannot afford to lose its remaining rainforests & the UK has to play its part. Tell the UK Gov.t to get serious about Palm Oil. Source: Harshiita S.
26) New!! Pet.: Secretary of State for Energy: Do Not Open the Planned PALM OIL Power Station in Avonmouth, Bristol https://www.change.org/petitions/secretary-of-state-for-energy-do-not-open-the-planned-palm-oil-power-station-in-avonmouth-bristol?utm_campaign=share_button_mobile&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition 1,381 Signatures There is a planning application to build a 50 MW biofuel power station at Avonmouth Docks, which would burn up to 90,000 tonnes of Palm Oil every year. The local communtity rejected the plans but were over ruled by Eric Pickles. The plant is now going ahead!! Source: Harshiita S.
25) New!! Pet.: Support small farmers in Asia who rely on Palm Oil for livelihood https://www.change.org/petitions/president-obama-ban-ki-moon-president-barroso-robert-zoellick-support-small-farmers-in-asia-who-rely-on-palm-oil-for-livelihood 2,063 Signatures The only beneficiaries from this lobbying campaign will be large multinational suppliers & retailers. Producers & growers in Asia will lose out. Ask Western Gov.ts to listen to the truth told by rural communities in the developing world; not the lies of lobbyists based in big cities in America & Europe. Source: Harshiita S.
24) New!! Pet.: Governor Baham Mitra: Stop OIL PALM Expansion on Palawan UNESCO Man & Biosphere Reserve! https://www.change.org/petitions/governor-baham-mitra-stop-oil-palm-expansion-on-palawan-unesco-man-biosphere-reserve#share 2,399 Signatures. “Because of Oil Palm plantations we are becoming poorer & poorer. New pests have spread from the plantations & have destroyed thousands of coconuts, our only source of income. Now, we have nothing to sell, nothing to feed our children” Source: Harshiita S.
23) New!! Pet.: Philippines: Stop the Plundering of Indigenous Territories by OIL PALM Plantations http://www.thepetitionsite.com/797/568/375/philippines-stop-the-plundering-of-indigenous-territories-by-oil-palm-plantations/ 3,070 Signatures In the Philippines, massive Oil Palm monocultures are tearing apart Indigenous peoples’ livelihood while plundering ecological valuable areas & precious biodiversity. Source: Harshiita S.
22) Pet.: STOP Aceh being OFFERED to COMPANIES for LOGGING: Keep Aceh free from LOGGING https://www.change.org/petitions/stop-aceh-being-offered-to-companies-for-logging-keep-aceh-free-from-logging Sumatra is being used by the Logging & Palm Oil Companies which is causing devastation to all the wildlife. The Sumatran Tiger & Sumatran Elephant are already on the Critical List & could well go extinct. To allow Aceh to be open for logging will bring these extinctions sooner. Source: Roshani S. Pls read for more info: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/extinction-risk-as-aceh-opens-forests-for-logging-20130114-2cpmr.html
21) Pet.: Governor of Aceh: Save 1.2 Million Hectares of Aceh Rainforest http://www.change.org/saveaceh Aceh is preparing to open over 1.2 million hectares of protected Forest for the development of mines, plantations, roads, logging & Palm Oil expansion. Kelly R.: http://www.care2.com/news/member/729790807/3573813
20) Pet.: Keep the Leuser Protected Ecosystem protected http://ran.org/act/protect-leuser/?e=143702&r Thousands of Indigenous communities rely on the Forests of the Leuser Protected Ecosystem, Sumatra, Indonesia, for their lives & livelihoods. The last place on Earth where Endangered Species: Sumatran Orangutan & Sumatran Tiger coexist with Elephants, Rhinos, & Sunbears. The Gov.t of Aceh is considering a plan that would remove large regions of forest from the protected area, opening them up to PalmOil & Pulp Plantations, Logging, Mining, & roads & infrastructure that come with them. The Indonesian Gov.t has the power to reject it. We need to make sure that what's left of the world's Rainforests are protected, not opening them to destructive industries seeking to profit from Rainforest Destruction. Call on Indonesian President to reject the misguided plan to un-protect portions of the Leuser Protected Ecosystem! Source: Dianne C.
19) Pet.: URGENT CALL for ACTION 4 days to save beyond 1.2 Million Hectares of Forest in Sumatra http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/537/476/271/ Target: Permanent Mission of the Rep.of Indonesia to the UN - Sponsored by: RANA AZZAM. Aceh is preparing to open over 1,2 million hectares of protected Forest to make way for Mining, Plantations, Roads, Logging & Palm Oil expansion. Its the equivalent of Forest 17 times the size of Singapore, yet the Aceh Gov.t is currently fast-tracking new law for the spatial plan, & this will legitimize the disaster of destroying the last of Sumatra’s great Forests, & laying the final blow to the Sumatran Rhinos, Elephants, Orangutans & Tigers once roaming Sumatran Forest to become something only found in Zoos or history books!! This is an action done by "Upworthy" but I'm trying to help them with their mission. Sign & share this Petition. Source: RANA AZZAM
…Leuser Ecosystem:still under threat. Nat.l police needs act: making other Cos. think twice about exploiting Indonesia’s Forests.
Watch Video!! Tripa Field Update http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtioyZ1xlCI&feature=player_embedded#!
17) Pet: Indonesia Police: Investigate & Prosecute destroyers of Tripa! www.change.org/saveTripa2 Victory!! Our previous Petition: a historical success! Many said that it can’t be won. The Cos.: too strong, Gov.t: too bureaucratic. Following the court’s decision, the Governor revoked the permit of KalistaAlam, PalmOil Co. illegally burning, destroying Forest & hundreds of Orangutans. More than 10.000 emails received show that the Nat.l/Int.l community cares: a motivation for the Gov. to finish this case. Still some Cos. with illegal permits.
14) Pet.: Save the home of the Orangutan from Palm Oil! 3,649 Signatures I SIGNED 5 times, with different Emails, as usual!! The Tripa peat swamp forest in Aceh, Indonesia is rapidly being converted into one big PalmOil plantation. Its land clearing & burning are further reducing the Forest that is home to the Critically Endangered Sumatran Orangutan.
Orangutan Mothers with their Babies, A “sorry” Female Orangutan
13) Action: Forest fires raging in Indonesia are killing the Endangered Orangutan http://our-compass.org/2012/04/23/forest-fires-raging-in-indonesia-are-killing-the-endangered-orangutan/ The Palm Oil Companies in Indonesia are using slash & burn methods to destroy the Rainforests in which the Endangered Orangutan & Tiger live along with other Endangered Species & Plant life. Pls take action & help the Indonesian Gov.t by asking the Australian authorities to send aircraft to the hard hit areas to put the fire out & save our Endangered Orangutans. Source: Andrea S.
7) Pet.: Enforce Protective Laws in Tripa Peat Swamp http://forcechange.com/18033/enforce-protective-laws-in-tripa-peat-swamp/ Target: Minister of Forestry of the Republic of Indonesia To protect the Tripa Peat Swamp & its Orangutan population from Habitat Destruction & Poaching. Cher: http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3166452
3) Pet. Enforce the law protecting Tripa Peat Swamp & its Orangutan populations http://www.change.org/petitions/enforce-the-law-protecting-tripa-peat-swamp-and-its-orangutan-populations In a week a man- made firestorm swept through a huge area of the remaining peat swamp Forests of Tripa, devastating Critically Endangered Sumatran Orangutan (Pongo abelii) to the very brink of extinction, within months. Cher: http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3160272
Tripa Forest: Early 90's: 2,000&3,000 Orangutans, Today only 200 survive & if the current rate of Forest destruction & burning continues, even these will be gone completely within a matter of months or weeks. Caused by the illegal activities of a small number of PalmOil plantation Cos. PT.KallistaAlam, is right being challenged in court, clearly contravening Laws & the Indon. President’s moratorium on new permits in primary Forests, supported by Norwegian taxpayers money. If this legal initiative fails & the current rate of destruction is not halted IMMEDIATELY, there will be no more Forest & no more Orangutans (& many other legally "protected" Species) in Tripa in the next years!!. This represents the death nell for this important Orangutan population, the final nail in the coffin.on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/redapes & http://www.facebook.com/savetripa
Video: Saving Leuser Tripa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBxZ4zg8y8&feature=player_embedded
2) Pet.: The Lives Lost in Indonesia’s Graveyard of Forests http://forcechange.com/17509/the-lives-lost-in-indonesias-graveyard-of-forests/ To: Indon.Gov.t To protect the Forests & their Inhabitants from Logging & Poaching. The Biodiversity in Indonesia’s Rainforests makes them some of the most important in the world. Once they covered 84% of the country, now Illegal Deforestation is clearing huge areas in which life depends on them, at an alarming rate!. Bet. 1990to2012: more than 28 Million Hectares cleared of this delicate & essential Habitat. Indonesia’s Forests are home to ab. 1,000 Birds, 500 Mammals & 30 Primates Species. Threatened by Logging, & poached & encroached upon by Palm Oil development. The Logging Corporations profit, while the local Indigenous Populations lose their natural resources which they rely on for survival. SumatranTiger: more vulnerable to poaching, no longer forests to hide in; can sell for $5,000, exported as trophy or its parts used as Chinese medicine. Orangutan: declined from 230,000to7,500 in Sumatra in 100yrs. Habitat being demolished: making them easier to be hunt, 500 sold in Indonesian markets in the last few yrs. A result of consumer demand in developed nations, & not only affects Animals, but the People who live in the small communities of Indonesia. Cher: http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/3158007