This is from the Alaska Dispatch article on the “government shutdown”. It was too good not to pass on…
- Who's going to track our phone calls, e-mail and social media posts? Who will regulate my appliances, bathroom fixtures, automobile, television watching/radio listening and food ingredients? How will I know what plants, food and drink I may or may not consume, with or without permission and in what quantities? "If the govt shuts down, who will stop students from praying in schools?" Will those Obamaphones still work? Will Bo the dog have to travel coach next time? If the government shuts down who will humiliate us on the international stage? (Oh, wait. I forgot about Denis Rodman.) If the govt shuts down, who will stop students from praying in schools? And who’s going to remind me to drink water? Will Lois Lerner’s unused vacation time check be delayed? If there is a shutdown, how is Benghazi going to be investigated? Will shipments of weapons to terrorists be halted? How will I actually notice this "shutdown" thing? How will the Fed Gov't react when they realize that the general population doesn't need them for much of anything? And if we like the shutdown government can we keep it?
Thank you Tara Jane, good questions and one more, with government shutdown who is going to answer these questions?
- It is day five of the government shutdown. Right now 33 percent of the government is doing absolutely nothing, which is not bad considering that before the shutdown 80 percent weren't doing anything.
- This shutdown is hurting everyone. Today, Michelle Obama told fat kids: "You're on your own. Eat a Happy Meal. I don’t care."
- President Obama is taking advantage of the government shutdown. It was announced earlier today that he has furloughed his mother-in-law.
- Passport offices have been closed too. Interesting fact: Passport lines take exactly the same amount of time whether the passport office is open or not.
- Last night President Obama had an hourlong meeting with Republicans and Democrats, but they were still unable to end the government shutdown situation. So don't worry — while the shutdown is putting people out of work and costing taxpayers millions of dollars, lawmakers did spend a whole hour trying to fix it.
In light of the calamity going on in government today, I bring you some jokes to relief some pain and stress........but only one word sums up this whole government disaster.................DISGRACEFUL!!!
Well Frank -- it was reported that 800,000 "non-essential" Gvt workers were furloughed. If these people were "non-essential" why was it "essential" they be hired in the first place. Inquiring minds want to know. LOL
Tara Jane, it is unfortunate that probably 800,000 of the non-essential are actually essential and a good percent of the essential are not essential, i.e., at this point the President and his Administration and their Staff, and of course, Congressmen/women and their Staff. Not if we were to furlough them and bring in public sector people I am sure that we could resolve all of this and move forward with no issues. Bring in medical people to resolve the heal care situation, top business leaders to solve the budget problem, etc. I am sure we could do it with less people and more efficiency.
Bring in a horde of women from all the states. Women only. Women know how to balance a budget. Women know how to get things done. Women don't have time to be nice to dirty Harry. Women don't have time to listen to Nancy. We know how to fight in the trenches when it matters most. And, most of all we can, if we want to, be really mean bi*****!
Do you think for one minute that if we had the opportunity to voice our opinion to the President that we would just sit there while he told us what we were going to do or say? I think not.
.....yes, Congress could use a high level of estrogen......
While amusing, the unfortunate fact is that the Kenyan is using the opportunity to punish the people for not pressuring their legislators into caving. That useless enemy of the republic has made no effort whatsoever to camouflage the fact that he is applying Chicago mob-style tactics to everyone as he sends out more employees than normal to see to it that the people can't go anywhere near what is rightfully theirs right down to and including declaring the ocean closed (no, I am not joking).
This menace to society needs returned whence he came, preferably by catapult.
SO GLAD TO SEE YOU, DAVID!! Sent you a big, fat green star....great comment and I agree...."The Kenyan" chaos creator.
Oceans,,,,Oceans,,,,, now the Feds are closing Oceans, Oh Brother!
Given the state of America, clearly this poor excuse for a President has got his priorities all wrong, and it looks as though ALL American politicians as well as America itself has become the laughing stock of the world.
Frank, Obama is like a spiteful teenager who is running around pushing all the buttons hoping one of them will click on to something.
Recent polls have him down to 41% and, as a narcissist, he isn't sleeping well at night with his popularity rating dropping like a Colorado boulder.
Don't know about your areas but out here people on vacation that can't visit the Grand Canyon are coming into our area, staying here, touring, buying - a big boost to our local economy! Glad to know those non-essential people can have a vacation with pay now thanks to the stubborn leader that knows not what he is doing.