Code of Conduct (Codigo de Conducta) January 03, 2006 8:13 PM
All members of our site must agree to and abide by the following Code of Conduct for our boards:
[report anonymous abuse]
- Respect and courtesy - All Care2 Members are entitled to express their views and beliefs in a safe environment without feeling attacked. Members may not infringe on the rights of any other person to express themselves in a safe environment. This policy includes:
- Any harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable posts.
- Any posts which are invasive of another's privacy.
- Name calling or otherwise attacking the person posting rather than the content of the post. Disagreement is encouraged, but you should only comment on the argument or position taken, never against the person posting their opinion or belief.
- Any racial or ethnic slurs or insults relating to the mental, physical or intellectual qualities of any member.
- Vulgarity - All Care2 members agree to not post text or images that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent or sexual in nature.
- Violent action - No member of Care2.com may use our boards or network messaging system to advocate violence against others, even in jest.
- Illegal activities - No Care2 member may use our services to promote illegal actions or to instigate illegal activity from other Care2 members.
- 'Hate messages' - No member may post or email 'hate' messages. This includes any messages that may incite violence toward someone because of their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation, including:
- Advocating violence or aggression against persons because they are a member of any of the above categories.
- Implying or stating that members of one of these categories 'deserve' or 'earned' death or violence towards them.
- Degrading or insulting whole classes of people, or using such statements to justify actions taken against them.
- Privacy - No Care2 member may use our site to collect personal information about other Care2 members, or to post such information for others to view. This includes telephone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Stalking - No member may stalk or otherwise harass others on our site.
- Copyrights - No Care2 member may post, email or otherwise distribute information or content which infringes on a copyright, patent trademark or other proprietary right of another party.
- Disruptive posts - No member may disrupt the discussion boards by posting repeatedly with the same information or by otherwise preventing the use of these boards by other Care2 members.
- Anonymous posts - If anonymous posts are abusive, do not adhere to our Respect and Courtesy Guidelines, or otherwise violate the Care2 Connect Code of Conduct, they will be removed. Members who repeatedly are posting inappropriate anonymous posts will be blocked from making anonymous posts, as the Care2 administration can track anonymous posts to membership registrations.
- SPAM / Bulk mailings - No member may upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized commercial advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Impersonation - No member may impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Care2 official or group forum leader; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Minors - Care2 Members may not post, email, or otherwise take action that endangers or harms a minor in any way.
- Problems and abuse reporting - Do not respond to abusive posts or otherwise engage in the furthering of inappropriate topics and posts. If you encounter a member that is abusing our system, report them directly using the 'Flag' tool so that appropriate action can be taken. You can also report any such abuse to email@example.com