Life has been pretty hectic here. But, the scariest thing just happened within the past couple of days.
My mother & dog had been exhausted all the time, had no energy, & were sleeping WAY too much. One morning I noticed the Carbon Monoxide detector was reading 32. I called our local fire department & they came out & found leaking was coming from our furnace. Their meters were reading up to 38 once they walked into the house. So, I had to have our gas company come out & shut off the gas until the furnace guy came in. He said that the leak was minimal but he guestimated it had been leaking for the past 2 months! Since I work 3rd shift & the furnance turns on mostly at night it wasn't affecting me but the fire department said it would have been just a matter of time until I came home to a dead mother & dog. So, I had to pay over $2,300 for a new furnace. It was just installed today. The doctor & vet both said since it had been leaking so long (even though it was minimal it adds up) that in about a week my mother & dog should be back to normal. If not, I am to take them back in for another examination. So, that has been what is going on in my world right now.