|Category:||Fish & Seafood|
|Prep Time:||Less than 30 min|
This is a very quick, healthy, and simple dish to make when you are in a hurry, and it tastes GREAT!
Don't waste the oil left in the pan after cooking the fish...it's too tasty! Get a few more garlic cloves, mash them to a paste. Sautee it in the oil then add rounds of your favorite crusty bread until toasted on both sides and infused with garlic and olive oil mixture. We call this "Pan Frito" (fried bread). It's very good served with the salmon!
You can do this with any fish fillets but Salmon tastes particularily very rich prepared this way, if using a "white" fish filet you can rub some paprika on it for color.
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, rinsed (with or without skin)
1/2 garlic head, mashed to a paste
adobo powder, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted)
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced, to garnish
fresh lime or lemon wedges, to garnish
- Rub fillets with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Over medium high heat olive oil and butter.
- Add fish and cook on one side until browned and raw color is gone half-way up the fish.
- Carefully flip fish to fry on other side.
- Remove and set aside. Do this in batches if you must.
- Serve with lime wedges, cilantro to garnish, rice and a salad. It's shown above served with "Habichuelas en Escabeche" (pickled green beans).