The world is changing fast. Our way of eating and lifestyle differs dramatically form our grandparents’. With the progress of technology, we are drifting away from natural ways. We pride ourselves in the civilizational progress, yet we are forgetting the most basic truths. We have lost so much along the way. It is sad:
- That home-made dinner often entails a can of soup and microwaved pasta dish.
- That we spray toxic chemicals on our produce, add artificial ingredients to our food, feed antibiotics to our meat animals, and then wonder why we have more and more chronic disease.
- That breakfast in many homes institutes sugar-laden colorful ceral, or a donut.
- That parents are told by doctors to put a mix of chemicals on their kids’ skin, to protect them from the sun. The sun has been proclaimed our enemy, and we are becoming vitamin D deficient quickly.
- That kids are fed processed fruit snacks, full of artificial ingredients, instead of real fruit, and their parents believe they are serving their kids a healthy snack.
- That kids are customarily offered nutritionally empty meals from “kids’ menu”, such as hot dogs, deep fried chicken fingers, french fries, and mac and cheese, and they are never expected to eat real food.
- That families who eat organic and all natural food are often considered freaks and weirdos.
- That moms put a cocktail of cancer-causing chemicals onto their babies skin to keep it soft.
- That an idea of a healthy snack is a 100-calorie pack of cookies.
- That families use disposable plastic and styrofoam dishes in their homes, so that they don’t need to do the dishes.
- That our kids, as soon as they learn to chew, are encouraged to snack all day long on processed finger foods, such as crackers and cereal, so there’s no space left in their tummies for real food.
- That antibiotics, that were once used to fight dangerous infections, are now used for prophylaxis, and added to our food supply.
- That our kids’ bodies are not given a fighting chance when infection strikes, but are duped with over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs immediately.
- That many kids only eat unprocessed fresh fruit occasionally, or never.
- That healthy, traditional fermented foods like kefir, sauerkraut, or cucumbers in brine are like a foreign language in many families.
- That city kids only get to play on pesticide-sprayed grass, often without an adequate warning.
- That women put pounds of chemicals a year on their skins through make up. These chemicals, often cancer-causing, are absorbed into our skin, and accumulate in our bodies.
- That cancer patients are told by their doctors to eat sugary foods, when it is common knowledge that cancer feeds on sugar.
- That many kids will only drink water if it’s artificially flavored.
- That we have become so scared of microbes that we choose to wash our hands with antibacterial soaps. They not only are toxic to us and wildlife, but also lead to creation of super bugs, from which we have no defense.
-That it is cheaper to buy a hamburger meal from a fast food restaurant than a pound of broccoli.
The list could continue forever, as more absurd choices we make as humans. We choose to destroy our environment and our health. What will the future be like for our chidren? How many of us ever stop to think about it? We can make a difference. One step at a time. Will you do it? Join us at 2moms4health.com.