Dear Compassionate Pet Lovers ~ Together we can do this!!! Help change the animal crulety laws frem archaic to "pay your dues in full, NOW!"
"One of the most dangerous things that can happen to a child is to kill or torture an animal and get away with it." - Anthropologist Margaret Mead
The evening started with a break-in. On August 21, 2006, Justin and Joshua Moulder, 18 and 17 years old, respectively, forced their way into their apartment complex community center. They then proceeded to trash the newly renovated building. What continued next represented one of the most horrific cases of animal cruelty in the history of Fulton County.
The re-trial of Joshua and Jonathan Moulder,charged in a 10 count indictment with aggravated cruelty to animals, burglary, criminal damage to property in the second degree, making terrorist threats and cruelty to children in the second degree, will begin on January 3, 2007 at 9:00 AM EST with the selection of a jury. It will be held in Courtroom 4-E of the Fulton County Justice Tower (136 Pryor Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30303, 404-730-4981). Senior Assistant District Attorney Laura Janssen will again prosecute the case, assisted by Deputy District Attorney Ron Dixon and Fulton County DA Investigator M. C. Cox
Please join Columbus Top Dogs in supporting the Office of the Fulton County District Attorney to bring justice for this innocent victim of aggravated animal cruelty!
IMPORTANT LINKS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
1. Justin and Joshua Moulder Case Details - http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/9605/
2. Office of the Fulton County District Attorney - http://www.atlantada.org/
3. Atlanta TV Stations:
WSB-TV, Channel 2 (ABC)
WXIA-TV Channel 11, (NBC)
WGCL-TV Channel 46 (CB
WAGA-TV Channel 5 (Fox affiliate)
4. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Managing News Editor - Hank Klibanoff
5. Case Blog - http://georgiapuppytorture.blogspot.com/
6. Jolynn VanCamp – Animal Advocate who attended the first trial
Soon after this heinous crime took place, the District Attorney for Fulton County, Georgia, Paul L. Howard, Jr., wrote a letter to Georgia State Governor Sonny Perdue and asked that he propose legislation that would increase the penalty for the deliberate torture of animals as part of the 2007 legislative package. This is a very brave position to take and Mr. Howard needs our support.
Please take just a few extra minutes to write to Governor Perdue and let him know that Mr. Howard speaks for you too!
• State your name and address - let them know that this case is getting national attention will be helpful
• Confirm you are following the Moulder brothers case where two boys tortured a puppy to death
• Mention that violence, toward humans and animals, is a blight that is taking on ever greater proportions in our society. Tougher laws and longer sentences are needed to abate this trend.
• Request Governor Purdue to strongly act on the request of Fulton County District Attorney, Paul L. Howard, Jr. and introduce legislation to increase the penalty for the deliberate torture of animals during the 2007 legislative session.
Thank you for helping to make a difference.
Pet Consultant #462
Columbus Top Dogs (Shure Pets)
Posting and Cross-posting allowed by Author: Mary O'Connor- Shaver
My input: Please, be kind in your words when writing, emailing or calling; the DA is working VERY hard to go after these sick monsters and wants to be able to really punish them to the full extent of the law. What a wonederful action to be part and parcel of! Keep your that the DA and Governor agree and that these sick killers do NOT get away with any other malicious and wanton murder. And, especially not this case!!
I would like to say "Thanks to EVERYONE" for all of your hard work and your loving and caring spirits towards "those that have no voice!" I am proud to know so many of you, and always know you stand ready help in any way possible. Again, thank you so much and from the bottom of my heart!!!!!
Follow the links if you are not aware of the details...WARNING: GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS!!!!
love and hugs...mart t.