Check the Petition Site for a new Petition "Force Congress to work for Minimum Wage", and sign it! After all, THEY are the ones who declared that it was a "Fair and Equitable Amount" for anyone to work for.
This is an easy one to forward, I hope you pass it on as well. This is exactly what elected officials need to have happen. This is a no brainer!!! It is time. If you agree send it to 20 people good and true. If you disagree, please delete it. Thanks.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
I'm asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. Term Limits.
12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!! If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete
Tuesday April 26, 2011, 6:33 pm
RIGHT ON ! Robert. Maybe min. wage is still too much with all the special interest donations they get. We used to call that bribes, blow jobs and I think extortion in the old days.
in and Chat with us!
is a program designed to
victims and relief
workers a ready to drink
protein shake that
delivers not only vital
vitamins and minerals but
20g of high quality
protein in a easy to...
Celestial Seasonings teas
will help “Protect
E-mail This Story
January 6th, 2010
· No Comments
From Green Right Now
If you didn’t
realize that January is
National Hot Tea Month,
tea maker Celestial
I got this message from
my sister and thought I'd
share it with
everyone. If you
don't want to do it, no
one will know and there
will be no hurt
if you choose to do it,
you will be doing
something very nice for