Over the years Capital Campaigns have evolved from mammoth campaigns with hundreds of volunteers and staff to today when campaigns are much smaller both in structure and length of time and are highly volunteer oriented.
Few Capital Campaigns for other than major institutions take more than 12 to 18 months to complete and are more recently designed to be conducted by development staff with the assistance of a consultant. In organizations that have no development department staff, they usually opt to have on-site campaign direction, that is, an on-site Campaign Director/Consultant who works 24/7 on their project.
We at Bradley Associates are proud to provide staffing whether you need it for a couple days a month or full-time on-site Director. We are in position to provide that staff to help achieve your goals in the shortest possible time line.
The ultimate success of a Capital Campaign for significant funding support of specific programs or projects, always goes back to the essential "pre-campaign" tasks that either were or were not accomplished prior to the start of the campaign. A stalled Capital Campaign is most likely the result of insufficient preparation. No Capital Campaign preparation step is more important than the Capital Campaign Planning Study (or Feasibility Study).
Here are our thoughts regarding the all-important Capital Campaign Planning Study:
- It can be argued that a Study is the single most important planning step for a successful capital campaign.
- A Study offers the unique opportunity for an "outside set of eyes and ears" to ask important questions of potential campaign leaders and potential donors, and to receive candid and accurate answers from them regarding critical campaign feasibility issues.
- It does matter who the outside consultant and Study Director is. The professionalism of this individual reflects back to the client. Bradley Associatesassigns its best staff for Study Director positions and values the client image in the community to the highest degree.
A client should expect the following "deliverables" from a Study:
- A complete written, and thorough study report
- A professional presentation to client leadership groups
- Confidential executive and management reports for key leadership
- Comprehensive recommendations that address all angles of funding feasibility
- Recommendations for goals, leadership, campaign structure and timing
We would be happy to provide a 10 page self analysis to determine your readiness to begin a Capital Campaign. Request a copy.
We are prepared to help you and will provide consulting services as needed.