It hasn't been so long ago that the only kind of web hosting companies that were available were the ones with traditional servers and operations which pumped ton after ton of carbon emissions into our atmosphere. More recently, however, a new trend has been emerging, that of green web hosts. These are companies which have converted their operations in order to utilize only clean, renewable energy sources. It is possible you didn't even know that such a thing exists, but it does, and here are seven reasons why you should consider changing web hosts:
1. It's impossible for anyone not to have heard about global warming, because it's been on news reports and in newspapers and magazines for several years now. Although there is still a lot of debate going on about the subject, the general consensus is that we all need to change some parts of our lifestyles in order to slow down the effects the emission of greenhouse gases, such as carbon, are having on our planet. By signing on with a green web host, you'll be able to run your websites knowing that you are doing your part.
2. Web hosts that have really gone green operate using 100% wind power. Not only do their servers operate on wind energy, but so do their office facilities and data bases. In order to offer you this same power, they purchase green certificates (also known as green tags) to buy a certain amount of energy. This money is then used to fund the development of even more wind farms and the generation of more clean energy.
3. Green web hosts advertise that they are the perfect solution for anyone who wants all the benefits of full functionality without having to pay a large budget price. You might think that the nominal fees these sites charge aren't going to buy you much, but you'll find they will give you a full complement of features just like those offered by traditional web hosts. It will just cost you less, and you'll be helping the environment.
4. With green web hosting you get unlimited hosting space, data transfer, domain hosting, and email accounts. They also promise that if you aren't completely satisfied with their service you can request your money back at any time. Therefore, by choosing one of these web hosts you can hardly go wrong.
5. Other features that are offered as part of the package with a green web host are free domains forever and free site builders. You'll find many companies that will offer you these same services but have hidden costs involved in really getting them.
6. You will find that these companies which take pride in being responsible for the environment are also proud of the top notch service they offer all of their customers. You will enjoy working with people who really do care about your satisfaction and success.
7. Another guarantee you will find offered as standard practice at many green websites is 99.9% uptime. As you know, downtime costs you money, so you will like having the assurance that it will be minimized. Of course, there can be no guarantee that promises 0% downtime, due to power outages and other unforseen difficulties, but 99.9% is still excellent.
As you can see, there are a lot of solid reasons why you should take a look at green web hosting services that are offered online. Many companies have taken the steps to convert to clean energy, so you'll be certain to find one that will fit your needs to a tee.