Iâve had a pretty shitty day among other things. I found out today a friend committed suicide over Thanksgiving weekend. I had last spoken to him on Monday and Wednesday of last week, there was nothing that I can put a nail on that I would have ever thought that he was hurting. What pisses me off is that he never reached out or even gave anyone a chance to pull him up.
If things get bad fucking SCREAM! Donât Fucking Do It!
Suicide is one of the most Selfish acts a person can commit. You may think that you are ending your pain, but you are only hurting all of the people that would have to helped you, if you only reached out. We all have bad times but there are people that care about you, more than you will ever know, just give us a chance.
What sign did I miss? Paul I'm going to miss you.
If you are worried about a friend or family member
Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Often times, a suicidal person may indicate in some way that they plan to attempt suicide. Here are some warning signs you should know about.
* Increased Isolation â From family and friends
* Alcohol or Drug Use Increases
* Expression of negative attitude toward self
* Expression of hopelessness or helplessness
* Change in Regular Behavior
* Loss of interest in usual activities
* Giving away valued possessions
* Expression of a lack of future orientation (i.e. "It won't matter soon anyway")
* Expressing Suicidal Feelings
* Signs of Depression
* Describes a Specific Plan for Suicide
* History of Suicide in the Family
* A person who has been extremely depressed in the past may be at an increased risk for suicide if the depression begins to cease, as they may now have the psychological energy to follow through on a suicidal ideation.
If you or someone you care about displays any of these warning signs, please do not hesitate to call The Trevor Lifeline at: 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386) to speak with a trained volunteer counselor.