Five-step process for landing a well-paying, rewarding job in both favorable and troubled economies:
By Jay A. Block, a career coach
1. Learning how to ride the emotional roll-coaster: how to manage fear and emotions when adversity affects your world.
2. Defining your goal: If you don’t know where you’re going, it’s hard to get there.
3. Using value-based resumes and self-marketing tools: Average resumes won’t attract outstanding jobs.
4. Creating a Meticulous Action Plan: Don’t look east to watch a sunset.
5. Taking action: “As ye sow, so shall ye reap"