Take a little vicarious trip and enjoy my travelogue documenting our trip across country. We had a blast and hope the travel bug is contagious so that you wander and explore wild places. Please click on the links in the table of contents on the right side of the page in the following order:
* A list of our travelers: main characters on the RV trip across America from February 17-March 8, 2013
* Before we stuck to plans, we revised the Route, the miles
* Days 1 & 2 - PG County to Nashville, TN
* Days 3 & 4 - New Orleans - strangers in the night or a good beignet? The latter.
* Days 5 & 6: Dinosaurs & Golf: What was supposed to be Austin, TX turned into Glen Rose, TX - Dinosaurs & golf!
* Days 7 & 8: west Texas to Carlsbad Caverns - our first detour through oil fields
* Days 9-11: rolling into Mesa, AZ - hiking among cacti
* Days 12 & 13: AZ: Lake Powell where things got rapt, but pleasant suprise: Lake Powell
* Days 14 &15: UT: Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
* Days 16-19: NV/CA driving the Loneliest Road in America - Nevada is the land of mountains