SignOn.org has a new petition re: the cuts on Social Security and Medicare. It's petition states facts not often discussed. For example, that there is $2.7 billion in the account, which'd sustain 25 years. A reminder that Social Security is NOT an entitlement program, that since its inception in FDR's day, Americans have paid into it to assure their retirement. Please sign. For me, Social Security is my only income and Medicare my only medical insurance.
Subject: Save Social Security And Medicare
1. We expect social security and medicare to continue without any cuts in benefits or services.
2. We expect our lawmakers to not put out negative press releases about the social security system we have invested in our entire adult lives.
3. If there are cuts to made let them come from those who are prospering not those living check to check.
4. We expect our President and Congress to treat our retirement system (social security and medicare) with the same respect they treat their OWN retirement funds.
5. We expect our elected officials not to use something we have PAID our way in as a bully pulpit for their own political motives or ambitions.That's why I signed a petition to The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and President Barack Obama.
Will you sign this petition? Click here: