We are attempting to gain a charter for NOBLE Virtual School of South Carolina, a tuition-free public school that uses virtual reality to engage students. Our final hearing (TBA) will be in early August.
Although the virtual world aspect of NOBLE immediately gains one's attention, the real value in NOBLE Virtual is due to a number of factors - all based upon education research of the last twenty years but seldom implemented:
1. Project-Based Learning. The virtual world is used for interactive 3D Learning Adventures in which students actually experience real-life applications of the concepts they are learning in the curriculum.
2. Superior Content - our curriculum material is provided by OdysseyWare - which won Best Teacher Authoring software at the ISTE 2013 Conference in San Antonio in June.
3. Parent Involvement - NOBLE has an extensive Family Connections program in which traditional homework is abandoned for family activities that reinforce concepts taught in class.
4. Student and Teacher Interaction - it is very possible in a face-to-face school for a student to go days, weeks or even months without having a teacher speak directly to them one on one. In virtual school, it is very common for a students to get only one email a week from a teacher. However, at NOBLE Virtual School teachers and student constantly interact with one another every day.
5. Teacher Training - NOBLE teachers will spend one hour a day in professional development - 180 hours a year -- most school system average 24 hours.
We are educators and parents who want New Opportunities for Better Learning Environments for our students. We are not a major corporation seeking shareholder profits and we operate on a shoestring budget.
Signatures on our Petition.
Letters of Support form South Carolina government and business leaders.
Students on the Waiting List -- there is no obligation to actually enroll.
Donations for covering advertising and other start-up expenses.
We appreciate any help anyone can give us to get NOBLE Virtual School approved.
Alert: Expose Cruel Animal Experiments by Lisa W.
For years, the United
Kingdom has had a law in
place which allows
perform cruel animal
experiments to hide their
abusive and inhumane
tests from the public.
Recently, the British
government announced a
review of this
Alert: Petitions and More, Dec. 8 by Anneke A.
Bosnia, Stop killing
New Petition: first, last
name, city, email.
Alert: Duane B.'s Current Petition Alerts by Duane B.
Does this area look
it’s been changed.
This Alert now contains
only the current
updates. Prior updates,
previous months, can be
found in the links below.
Looking for Petiti... more
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.