|Location:||Bosnia And Herzegovina|
translated: October 5 is approaching, the date when Bosnian Government will decide about changing the existed Animal Protection Law. By legalizing euthanasia of stray animals they are treated as a plague that needs to be exterminated. That is contradictory to everything that Government need to represent. Decision made on October 5, 2013 needs to set an example to all the citizens of BH. It needs to show that BH can reach the high standards of civilized world. It needs to show that BH has a heart for all its citizens - four-legged and two-legged. It needs to show that BH cares and the rest of the world will appreciate it. That is why I appeal one more time: Bosnia and Herzegovina please don't legalize euthanasia of stray animals!
Choose a neutral subject, f.e.
Subject: Bosnia, October, update
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Dear Sir, Madam,
October 5 is approaching, the date when Bosnian Government will decide about changing the existed Animal Protection Law. Therefore, I wanted to remind you one more time why I stand against the euthanasia of stray animals.
1. Fact is that dogs do not belong on the streets. They, just like us, need a home where they will feel safe with their family, never starved, never abused and never lonely. Fact is also that stray dogs, just like homeless people often end up on streets with no fault of their own. They end up beaten, sick, hungry and thirsty and above all - helpless. Would you kill a homeless person just because he/she smells bad, feeds from container and lives in fear for his/her life?
2. Fact is also that stray dogs survive thanks to a number of citizens who can't pass by next to the pleading eyes of a dog begging for food and attention. Just like people leave a coin or two for a beggar, citizens of BH can't help but give food, water and some shelter to stray dogs in need, often doing it at their own expense. It just shows that citizens want to protect animals, not kill them.
3. Euthanasia deals only with the symptoms and not the cause of the problem. It is expensive, inhumane and will not provide a permanent solution for the reduction of stray dog population. Even though it seems it gives results in a short time, it doesn't! Killing dogs won't stop the arrival of new ones and for how long you plan to kill them?
4. The alternative for "Catch and Kill" is much efficient "Catch-Neuter-Release" method that not only is cheaper, but more humane! Being humane is characterized by kindness, mercy, or compassion so I'm asking you: do you have a heart to feel the desperate cry for help of stray dogs? They didn't choose to be on the street, they didn't choose to be in the situation where you are deciding their fate! CNR method takes some time, but be patient and implement your Law rightfully and you will see the change.
5. Changes to the law and the introduction of euthanasia in shelters for stray animals would lead to complete annulment of the results accomplished and dedication provided in taking care of stray animals that also includes funds spent on castration / sterilization. We don't have to mention that the purpose of the shelters for the abandoned animals is not to kill the animal, but to save it from a harsh street life and allow the animal to be happily adopted.
6. Phrase "Child's life is more important than the life of a stray dog", is absolutely ridiculous. Animals as living creatures are as equally defenseless as a small child. They depend on adults to get food, to be protected and to be cared for. Animals are, just like people, living creatures who feel every emotion - they feel sadness, they feel stress, they feel lonely, they feel FEAR. Who are you to act superior over them?
7. Do you really think dogs are the most dangerous evil that is posing a threat to the citizens of BH? What about drug addicts, drunk drivers and all sorts of criminals walking the streets of BH?
When you think of how dangerous dogs are for humans, think about it other way around. How sadistic people can be when some of them cruelly and deliberately poison dogs, use them as baits for dog fighting; chuck them into rivers to drown, behead, beat and starve them. Cats suffer equally appalling treatment. Are you approving this? As I can't see you're punishing these perpetrators.
With legalizing euthanasia of stray animals you treat them as a plague that needs to be exterminated. That is contradictory to everything that Government need to represent. Do you want your children to know it is OK to kill other living beings? Do you want your children to become people who can't feel compassion towards other living creatures?
Decision you make on October 5, 2013 needs to set an example to all your citizens. Show that Bosnia can reach the high standards of civilized world. Show that Bosnia has a heart for all its citizens - four-legged and two-legged. Show that Bosnia cares and the rest of the world will appreciate it. Please don't legalize euthanasia of stray animals!