Australian FEMALE army cadet secretly filmed having sex with a colleague claims Defence degraded her following the incident and hopes suing the department will force it to change its attitude towards women.
The woman known as Kate is taking legal action over the incident, in which a fellow army cadet filmed himself having sex with her on a webcam and streamed it live to friends in a nearby room.
Kate alleges Defence not only failed to support her but actively tried to discredit her name, including most seriously by leaking her personal medical records to the press.
"It was just yet another invasion of my privacy," she told ABC's 7:30 program on Monday.
"The only place that it could come from is the defence force."
Defence has vehemently denied the claims, with a spokesperson telling AAP the department never provided her medical information to the media.
"Defence has only provided records to official investigators, in accordance with the Privacy Act," Defence said in a statement.
"Defence has provided extensive support including logistics, medical, administrative and legal support to assist the member and will continue to do so."
The department said complaints from Officer Cadet Kate had been investigated with the highest priority and it had not yet received a legal claim.
But Kate is expected to take her complaint to the Human Rights Commission within days in a bid to seek compensation over the March 2011 incident.
Kate had entered a "friends with benefits" arrangement with fellow cadet Daniel McDonald, with rules including that no one should know about their sexual relationship.
She stipulated in advance the sex would remain secret but later learned another cadet Dylan Deblaquiere had streamed the act via Skype to a room of friends.
She said her privacy was invaded but Defence started degrading her further, with colleagues labelling her "that Skype slut" at every base she went to.
"It follows you everywhere you go," she said.
McDonald and Deblaquiere, both 21, were found guilty over the incident in an ACT Supreme Court and last month received 12-month good behaviour bonds.
Kate lashed out at the sentencing and urged the Department of Public Prosecution to appeal, saying it set a "scary example" and would deter other victims of sexual assault from coming forward.
She didn't regret speaking out about the incident, but was at "ground zero" after losing her career, health and livelihood.
Kate said she was about to be discharged from the army on medical grounds but hoped her legal case would spark cultural reform within the Australian Defence Force.
"It's about bringing about cultural change within the defence force and it's also about getting me the resources I need to start my life again," she said.
"When are we going to see victims better protected and supported?"