Just wanted to give everyone a "Head's up!" and a "Don't panic!"
Several months ago Care2 launched an internal initiative to find ways to make Care2 easier to use, make it easier for our new visitors to discover the many ways they can make a difference on our site. There are lots of great things happening at Care2, but (and we'll be the first to admit this), sometimes it's hard to find them. Over the next few months we will be rolling out updates to our interface that we've been working on.
Next week you're going to see our first update. A change to Care2 Connect. C2C is one of the best kept secrets here at Care2. It has become one of the most important and lively parts of the Care2 experience. In essence we realized that Care2 is Care2 Connect, and Care2 Connect is Care2. To reflect this we have promoted the most important parts of C2C to a higher level of prominence on the site.
To help you understand what's going on we wanted to explain what's changing.
- We're dropping the "Connect" lingo. "C2C Groups" are now "Care2 Groups", "C2C People" are now "Care2 People". And so on.
- "People" and "Groups" tabs are being added to the Global Care2 Navigation bar (these are the gray buttons at the top of every page). Now it will be even easier to get to these sections no matter where you are.
- "My Connect" is now "My Care2". This this page will become a window into your entire Care2 experience, not just C2C.
- "Photos", "Events" and "Care2 Share" are now a part of "People".
- The Care2 Connect "Blue Tabs" are gone, making more room for your content. The quicklinks that used to be beneath the blue tabs are now on the top right of every page.
And finally a fancy diagram to illustrate some details of what's changing:
As we roll out this change , and all future changes we'd love to get your feedback. Drop into Care2 Feedback and Suggestions and let us know what you think. Hope you like it as much as we do!