Kyoto is going to be axed, unsurprisingly, by the Canadian government. Let's look at this government's only priorities:
- Clean up government by passing the Federal Accountability Act;
- Provide real tax relief to working families by cutting the GST;
- Make our streets and communities safer by cracking down on crime;
- Help parents with the cost of raising their children; and
- Work with the provinces to establish a Patient Wait Times Guarantee.
Apparently all of those outweigh the need to clean up our environment, provide real breathable relief, making our drinking water safe, helping parents of all species, and working with the provinces to establish real goals for environmental standards.
The Conservatives don't have priorities, they have jingoist statements, with horrendous consequences in the policies behind them.
Why can't they fess up and add another priority to that list:
* to make as much money as possible right now, at the expense of the poor, the sick, and the environment.
"My departmental officials and the department officials from natural resources have indicated that it is impossible, impossible for Canada to reach its Kyoto targets," Rona Ambrose said Friday.
"And let me be clear. I have been engaging with our international counterparts over the past month, and we are not the only country that is finding itself in this situation."
The 'Minister of the Environment' Ambrose has put the ideology before the effort. Conservative Party: Standing up for Big Business.
Read CBC.ca :'Impossible' for Canada to reach Kyoto targets: Ambrose