START A PETITION 25,136,189 members: the world's largest community for good
START A PETITION
x
Jan 12, 2008
How Happy can we be? 9:25 AM

20/20 had an interesting program last night about happiness. Here is a link> ABC News: Pursuit of Happiness: Your Behavior
The researchers said that about 50% of our likelihood to be happy is genetically oriented and only about 10% is related to our life circumstances. The remaining 40% is determined by our beliefs and attitude. So we can greatly influence or develop our experience of feeling happy. They also showed things like where the happiest/unhappiest people live and some reasons why. Although I already believe that it is my thoughts that have the most (controlled by me) influence on my sense of happiness, I nevertheless found the program inspiring me to again assess the ways that I have slipped back into ideas or habits that don't serve me.
I know that hanging out with victim thinkers pulls me back and I have already been noticing that some postings that I read, here, can have that effect if I let myself buy into it. While I am willing to deal with some issues that don't foster happiness, I do try to arrange my life so that I mostly get support for that which supports my sense of well being.
Visibility: Everyone
Tags:
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 9:30am

 

 
 
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.

Author

LeeAnn C.
, 1, 2 children
Whittier, NC, USA
Shares by Type:
All (1) | Message (1)
LeeAnn's Tags:
No Tags
SHARES FROM LEEANN'S NETWORK
Feb
15
(0 comments  |  discussions )
New Petition! Speak out against Time-Warner Merger with Comcast! Let your opinion be know before your bill goes up and your programming choices dwindle.\\r\\n\\r\\nUrge DOJ and FCC to Not Allow Merger of Time-Warner and Comcast\\r\\nhttp://www.t hepetitionsi...
Feb
13
(0 comments  |  discussions )
New Petition! Speak out against Time-Warner Merger with Comcast! Let your opinion be know before your bill goes up and your programming choices dwindle.\\r\\n\\r\\nUrge DOJ and FCC to Not Allow Merger of Time-Warner and Comcast\\r\\nhttp://www.t hepetitionsi...
Feb
3
(0 comments  |  discussions )
\\n\\r\\n\\r\\n\\r\\n\\r\ \nA simple one page website has gone up with a very intriguing and important message. The site, Patriots for America is organizing w hat could be the march on Washington that all of the others have been a lead up to. The anger...
Jan
23
(0 comments  |  discussions )
\\nWe declare that no man nor nation nor race have a greater right than others to enjoy the fruits of their work, as the ecological sphere is our common condition of life http://www.beat s4change.org/aims.htm Nous déclarons qu\\\'auc...
Jan
21
by Uno D.
(0 comments  |  discussions )
I love my Macbook, but reently thought I had reason to shop for a new one. In doing some research, I came across this ... which I found interesting.  I had a positive image of Apple ... not anymore ... \\r\\n \\r\\nhttp://impressiveen gineering.com/d...
(0 comments  |  discussions )
\\nSave Patagonia (Spanish language)\\n\\n \\n\\n\\n
Jan
16
(0 comments  |  discussions )
\\nTell EPA to Ban Large-Scale Mining in the Bristol Bay Watershed!\\n\\n \\n\\n\\n
Jan
14
(0 comments  |  discussions )
\\nSave Patagonia\\n\\n \\n\\n\\n
Dec
27
(0 comments  |  discussions )
\\nStop the Pebble Mine\\n\\n \\n\\n\\n
Dec
19
(0 comments  |  0 discussions )
\\nSave Patagonia (Spanish language)\\n\\n \\n\\n\\n