Mar 29, 2010
I found this so interesting and useful, I wanted to share with you all. Nick
50 Amazing and Everyday Uses for Aspirin
Almost everyone knows about aspirin’s value towards those suffering from headaches and migraines, but the compound also known as salicylic acid carries with it a vast number of other benefits as well. In both the home and in medicine alike, this veritable wonder drug does everything from prevent wallpaper from yellowing to slowing the spread of HIV. Of course, many of these health hacks still require a bit of further testing to confirm or deny – though people still ought to keep aware of the progress that science is making when it comes to discovering aspirin’s potential. Please keep in mind that any discussions of medical advantages are not intended to be taken as professional advice, and because of aspirin’s side effects (including stomach ulcers and ringing in the ears) a doctor or nurse should always be consulted before committing to its regular use. Anyone with a sensitivity or allergy to salicylic acid should dismiss ingestion entirely.
1. Acne Masks : Smashing an uncoated aspirin and mixing it with water (and a bit of cleanser if preferred) can help individuals with oily skin fight acne and dry their faces out. However, those with normal or dry skin ought not partake more than once a week lest they lose too much moisture.
2. Preserve Cut Flowers : Anyone hoping to keep fresh cut flowers beautiful on a table or in a windowsill would do well to drop in a tab or two of aspirin in the water.
3. Spackle : Small holes left in the wall can be filled with a simple paste comprised of a few aspirin and water.
4. Remove Sweat Stains: Two soluble aspirin dissolved in water and left to sit on perspiration stains for a couple of hours will help remove them when finally washed, though this solution works best on white clothing.
5. Relieve Insect Wounds : Wet the affected area and rub a small aspirin over the skin to help control and relieve the pain associated with mosquito bites and bee, wasp, or hornet stings. The acne mask works as well.
6. Cure Dandruff : Crushing 2 aspirin and incorporating them into a shampooing ritual will help reduce the presence of dandruff if left on for a couple of minutes. Do not do this too often lest the skin on the scalp dry up too much, however.
7. Stave Off Cancer and Strokes : The benefits of aspirin as a deterrent to heart disease has been well-publicized, if debated. However, research also suggests that it may also help reduce the spread of certain cancers and prevent the impact of strokes as well.
8. Remove Warts : Many blogs and websites discuss the virtues of using aspirin to cur warts, but only this one provides a quick recipe using a few tablets and apple cider vinegar as a workable poultice. Others suggest duct-taping a tablet to the affected area as well.
9. Aid Fertility : Studies have shown that a blend of aspirin and other medications may help increase a woman’s chances of conceiving.
10. Prevent Alzheimer’s : More research needs to be done on the subject, of course, but some early studies notice a correlation between aspirin and a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s and other dementia disorders.
11. Lower Blood Pressure During Pregnancy : While taking aspirin during pregnancy requires quite a bit of attention and care to prevent issues, research suggests that it could help women by lowering their chances of high blood pressure problems by 10% - which helps both mother and child.
12. Remove Nicotine and Grass Stains : Light skin staining from nicotine and grass can be wiped away with a blend of aspirin and a bit of water. Let it sit for around 15 minutes before washing it all off.
13. Exfoliate : The chemical properties of aspirin are frequently used as ingredients in commercial exfoliates anyways, and using a blend of the tablets and water can help slough off dead skin cells for much cheaper.
14. Keep White Clothes White : Dropping an aspirin tablet into a load of white laundry helps prevent them from yellowing with time, age, and exposure.
15. Relieve Psoriasis : Moderate doses of aspirin can help alleviate some of the inflammation and discomfort associated with psoriasis.
16. Healing Pierced Cartilage : Small scars and bumps can sometimes result when piercing the cartilage in the nose and ears, but a simple poultice of lemon juice and uncoated aspirin applied two or three times a day can reduce them significantly.
17. Cure a Toothache : The ever-versatile aspirin paste makes for a worthwhile venue for relieving tooth and gum aches before a dentist can be consulted.
18. Remove Ingrown Hairs : The instructions may discuss toe hair specifically, but a combination of warm water and aspirin paste helps individuals remove painful ingrown hairs with relative ease.
19. Clean Up Soap Scum : Aspirin paste can wipe up lingering soap scum in bathtubs, sinks, and other washbasins, but it is not economical for larger jobs.
20. Combat Shingles :L One of many dermatological marvels to be found in aspirin involves blending two tablets and 2 tablespoons of chloroform together to relieve the pain and itchiness associated with shingles.
21. Reducing Rosacea : Some research suggests that small doses of aspirin could possible reduce the reddening and flushing that results from rosacea.
22. Help Prevent Miscarriages : For women experiencing multiple miscarriages due to blood clotting near the placenta, a cocktail of aspirin and Heparin may assist them in carrying a child to term.
23. Boosting Car Batteries : Allegedly, a couple of aspirin tablets dropped into a dead battery will revive it long enough to putter to the nearest service station. However, doing so will destroy the battery in the process.
24. Prevent Hair Discoloration : Create a solution comprised of 6 to 8 soluble aspirin in a glass of warm water and leave it in the hair for 10 to 15 minutes in order to preserve dyed hair or prevent discoloration from swimming in chlorinated pools.
25. Fungicide : Aspirin dissolved in a liter of water can help plants fight off fungal infections if delicately applied. The solution – or just tabs of aspirin themselves – also helps stave off fungal growths in newer plants as well.
26. Reduce Pregnancy Complications : Specific research still needs to be done, but a few studies suggest that women partaking of very small amounts of aspirin may lower their risk of pregnancy complications if they suffer from pre-eclampsia or antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.
27. Relieve Asthma : One study revealed that women over the age of 45 reduced their risk of contracting asthma by 10% if they took 100 milligrams of aspirin every day. Those already suffering from the symptoms may find some relief with regular use as well.
28. Art : Channel inner creativity by taking advantage of aspirin’s crystalline structure, which may make for a surprisingly lovely holiday ornament.
29. Remove Bathtub Rings : Like soap scum, aspirin can remove the cleanser stains, dead skin cells, body fluids and oils, and other components of a bathtub ring when blended into a simple paste.
30. Kill Arthritis Pain : Though potentially dangerous when combined with other medications, doctors have been prescribing low doses of aspirin to alleviate arthritis pain for decades.
31. Prevent Plants from Drying Out : Popping an aspirin into the soil of a potted plant will help keep much-needed moisture in and keep it from dehydrating in the hot summer months.
32. Soothe Painful Stretchmarks : Delicately apply aspirin paste to painful stretchmarks for around 5 minutes as a means of reducing the inflammation.
33. Pesticide : Smashing up a few aspirin and mixing it with cornstarch results in a powder that helps stave off (though not entirely eliminate) an influx of pesky insects in gardens and around a home’s perimeter.
34. Desiccant : A couple of aspirin tablets placed in a closet or bathroom can soak up excess moisture in the air and help prevent damage from mold.
35. Make an Anti-Fungal Powder : Those suffering from athlete’s foot or other fungal condition may be interested in learning how to blend crushed aspirin and talcum powder together in order to make it disappear.
36. Relieving Ingrown Toenails : 20 aspirin dissolved in a bathtub full of warm water can help relieve the swelling, itchiness, and pain that come from an ingrown toenail.
37. Keep Christmas Trees Healthy : Similar to extending the life of fresh-cut flowers, dropping a couple of aspirin tablets in Christmas tree water helps keep the piney decoration fresher for longer.
38. Doily : One intrepid craft fanatic found a way to create an aesthetic doily made of aspirin and hot glue for a project.
39. Breaking in Cast Iron : Instead of using flour to break in a new piece of cast iron cook wear, try using crushed aspirin for a couple of days.
40. Reduce Razor Bumps and Burns : Uncoated aspirin whipped up with a bit of glycerin and water makes a handy substance to alleviate the painful and itchy bumps that pop up while shaving.
41. Prevent Wallpaper from Yellowing : While it would take quite a bit of aspirin to help reduce yellowing on a large patch of wallpaper, small areas can benefit from its whitening properties.
42. Inhibiting HIV : More research is obviously very necessary, but many studies have shown that aspirin may potentially unlock more information on how to cure HIV and AIDS due to its ability to pause the former’s replication.
43. Hide a Hickey : Rubbing an aspirin solution and rinsing it off should help remove smaller hickeys, though larger ones will likely need a bit of concealer.
44. Alleviate Sunburn : Pastes made from finely crushed aspirin and a bit of water can help soothe the pain associated with sunburn. Only adults should try this method, however.
45. Reduce the Risk of Parkinson’s : Research shows that women who partook of two or more aspirin a week for one month lowered their chances of coming down with Parkinson’s Disease by about 40%.
46. Treat Colon Cancer : Patients suffering from colon cancer face a staggering 29% increase in survival and 21% chance of surviving other complications with regular aspirin use, though further studies are necessary.
47. Quell Behavior Problems : A 2009 study made note of a possible correlation between women who took very low doses of aspirin to stave off miscarriage or premature labor and a reduction in behavior issues by the time their children turned 5.
48. Remove Egg Stains : Among many other things, aspirin is also handy for removing egg stains from clothing when mixed with lukewarm water and cream of tartar and left sitting for half an hour.
49. Help Treat Calluses : A paste of lemon juice and aspirin exfoliates and wears down calluses when allowed to sit before being washed off with warm water.
50. Clean Small Rust Spots : While not an economical solution for larger instances of rust stains, small ones left behind by shaving cream cans or razors can be wiped up with a bit of crushed aspirin on a wetted surface if left to sit for 10 minutes.
Though none of the medical-related entries are meant as professional advice, these aspirin hacks still inform people as to possible directions where aspirin may be taking the health industry. Beyond the clinic and laboratory, however, the drug boasts many valuable household uses as well. For only pennies per pill, individuals can fight off warts, calluses, acne, and other blemishes in addition to cleaning stubborn stains and signs of wear and tear – making it an extremely economical solution to a number of different issues that crop up in daily life.
Mar 26, 2010
Note: I tried to verify this, but found nothing to the contrary. I'm going to try it myself. N
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people, there was a Doctor who visited many farmers to see if he could
help them combat the flu. Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it, and many died.
The doctor came upon one farmer, and to his surprise, everyone in the household was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different, the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a
dish in the rooms of the home (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one, and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria,
therefore, keeping the family healthy.
Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in Australia. She said that several years ago many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions
around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work... (And no, she is not in the onion business.)
The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your desk or even on top some where. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year, and we never got the flu.
If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just might be a mild case... Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a few bucks on
Now there is a P.S. to this, for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:
Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story...but I do know that I contracted pneumonia, and needless to say I was very ill...I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion. Put one end on a fork, and then place the forked end into an empty jar...placing the jar
next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs. Sure enough, it happened just like that...the onion was a mess, and I began to feel better.
Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.
This is the other note:
LEFTOVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS!
I have used an onion which has been left in the fridge. Sometimes I don't use a whole one at one time, so I save the other half for later. Now with this info, I have changed my mind. I will buy smaller onions in the future. I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, makers of mayonnaise. Mullins is huge, and is owned by 11 brothers and sisters in the Mullins family. My friend, Jeanne, is the CEO.
Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share what I learned from a chemist. The guy who gave us our tour is named Ed. He's one of the brothers. Ed is a chemistry expert and is involved in developing most of the sauce formula. He's even developed sauce formula for McDonald's. Keep in mind that Ed is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said that all commercially-made mayo is completely safe.
"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the quintessential picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on
the table and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick.
Ed says that when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from (in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the
onions, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.He explained, onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator. It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!)
Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put it on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.
So, how's that for news? Take it for what you will. I (the author) am going to be very careful about my onions from now on. For some reason, I see a lot of credibility coming from a chemist and a company that produces millions of pounds of mayonnaise every year. Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.
Please remember it is dangerous to cut onions and try to use it to cook the next day. It becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.
Please pass this on to all you love and care about
NOTE: Normally I don't put that on. If you want to pass it on good, and if not, that's OK too. Nick H
Oct 31, 2009
For eight long years, the Bush-Cheney Administration politicized the Department of Justice and pursued politically motivated prosecutions all across the country.
It infused the Justice Department with Rove-anointed, Bush-appointed officials who put politics ahead of the law — including many of the 93 U.S. Attorneys — like Leura Canary, the wife of Karl Rove's best friend and business partner who said he got Rove to get the DOJ to come after Gov. Don Siegelman in Alabama.
When President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder took office, we expected real change. That means ending the Bush-Rove politically motivated prosecutions with no basis in fact and restoring the integrity of the Department of Justice.
Still, after seven months, only a handful of the Bush-Rove DOJ appointees have been replaced. That's unacceptable. It's time to clean house of all the Bush-Rove appointees in the Justice Department, including all 93 U.S. Attorneys, and ensure justice for all.
I just emailed White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett today at www.FireRovesProsecutors.com, urging President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to act -- and I hope you'll do it too.
Thanks so much for your help!
Feb 7, 2009
I'm sure by now, many have heard that Ben & Jerry created a new ice cream flavor in honor of Barack Obama. It's called "Yes Pecan!"
Typical, the Republicans cried "FOUL" and DEMANDED a fair chance to get their own ice cream named after the great George W(orst) Bush.
The following flavors were submitted from the general public for Bush ice cream:
- Grape Depression
- Housing Crunch
- Abu Grape
- Cluster Fudge
- Nut'n Accomplished
- Good Riddance You Lousy Shit Swirl
- Iraqi Road
- Chock 'n Awe
- Impeach Cobbler
- Heck of a Job, Brownie!
- Neocon Politan
- RockyRoad to Fascism
- The Reese's-cession
- Cookie D'oh!
- Nougalar Proliferation
- Death by Chocolate and Torture
- Freedom Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip On My Shoulder
- Credit Crunch
- Mission Pecanplished
- Country Pumpkin
- Chunky Monkey in Chief
- Chocolate Chimp
- Bloody Sundae
- Caramel Preemptive Stripe
- I broke the law and am responsible for the deaths of thousands...with nuts
Feb 7, 2009 8:45am
Sep 8, 2008
This was sent to me by a freind, and I thought everyone (especially in the U needs to read and do something. Otherwise, our country is doomed. Please take time to read it and learn. N
I read this post yesterday and thought I'd share it with you all. I am reminded of Gandhi and Civil Disobedience.
Attention Activists: It’s Time to Grow Up
Written by Jesse Richard Tuesday, 25 March 2008
This is a message to all the well meaning people out there who try their best to make this world a better place, but in fact have no impact on the world, whatsoever. It is time to take your activism seriously.
The time has come to stop your ineffective tantrums and get serious. There are two ways to effect change when it comes to government: passive resistance and revolution. Our republic is broken and we no longer have representatives in government. Constantly asking our elected representatives to legislate on our behalf is not only a waste of time, but also totally unnecessary being that we have a government that no longer represents us.
Actually it is a Catch-22. We live in a communication age. We have the Internet, e-mail, cell phones, land phones, faxes, postal mail and megaphones with which to contact anyone, anywhere, at any time of the day or night. Still, we are told to get on buses and trains so we can march in Washington DC to tell a handful of government officials who don’t even know we are there to do what they were elected to do.
The only legitimate purpose of such a trip at this point in time should be to remove those ineffective representatives and leaders and replace them with people who would honor their oaths of office and actually represent the people who put them there!
I keep getting e-mail and phone calls from organizations asking me to attend “vigils” to take back the nation. Let me tell you something...vigils are to activism what masturbation is to sex. It might make you feel good but nobody else benefits. At least call it what it is...a whining defeat celebration. Why not use your time effectively, like getting people together to plan real change rather than real noise.
The Vietnam conflict was ended by those who organized sit-ins and takeovers not vigils. The Johnson presidency was brought down by those who shut down schools and colleges all over the nation, not by those who lit candles in quiet little ceremonies.
Why do you think a vile criminal thug like Dick Cheney can get on TV and respond "so what" when asked about the overwhelming opposition to his little war for profit? Cheney knows that the people of this nation are too passive to stop his juggernaut of crime and destruction of this nation. In any country worth its salt Cheney would have been sent to the gallows by the justice department or would have ended up hanging from a tree at the hands of the citizens long ago for the crimes he has committed.
Does the name Gandhi mean anything to you? He defeated an empire, peaceably and permanently when he organized acts of civil disobedience that sparked similar action by millions of Indian activists. Are there any people in history who ever have affected change via a vigil of any sort?
Can you imagine what would have happened if the Founding Fathers had decided to hold a vigil rather than declare their independence from the tyranny of their British rulers? If you truly want change you have to understand that any significant change to the status quo in the US today requires both hard work and risk taking. It requires unity. It requires the participation of masses of people who are informed enough to understand the threats to their lives and their freedoms that are posed by those who would profess to lead them!
Our government is no longer a government of our by the people. Both major political parties are fronts for people behind the scenes who are orchestrating the end of the republic and the establishment of autocratic rule. They are putting into place what can best be described as control mechanisms. The apparatus already is in place whereby all power, wealth, health and freedom is in the hands of the few people at the top; the rest of us be dammed. This is not a theory...just pay attention...it is happening...in public...for all to see...but you have to look in order to see it!
I consider myself an activist. What I do in that capacity is run this website. I spend my time informing other people about what is going on...so that they may become aware off the need for change. And when enough people understand this they can work together to effect change. But that change is not going to happen as a result of another march or a vigil. If I spent this valuable time holding a candle in the park I would not take credit for helping the citizens of this nation or of the world. I would not be having an effect on anything.
Do you have any idea why all sorts of new crowd control technology are being developed? Do you know why there are light and sound weapons being distributed to your local police? It is because the people of this nation may well need riot control if enough of them understand what is going on.
When the people of this nation finally understand how badly they are being betrayed by their so called leaders leaders (and by their worst enemy, the establishment media), they will have no choice but to take to the streets. Our representative government can't help us because it does not exist anymore. Is this not embarrassingly obvious to you at this point? Your real enemies, the people who have the most to fear, are currently taking measures to protect themselves from the citizens. What do you think the Patriot Act is all about? Why do you think the government is spying on Americans and placing surveillance mechanisms in the streets (cameras), on your phone lines, on your Internet communication, and why do you think your peaceful organizations are being infiltrated by your local police and FBI? It is not to protect our citizens from so called terrorists, it is to protect the criminals who have taken over our government from the citizens!
The time is not far off. The orchestrated collapse of the economy is taking place right now. Who do you think is doing this? Do you think it was an accident? Do you know who controls the monetary system? Do you know the people who are controlling the money are doing exactly what they did when they intentionally caused the Great Depression?
Were you aware that the Federal Reserve stopped reporting how much money they print? They did this several years ago...and they were allowed to do this because they don't report to any government. They are printing so much money that each printed drops in value. This way they can buy everything...or just take it away...because you will default on your loans and you won't have the money to eat or house yourself. You will be powerless and you will be a slave to their dollars, or whatever new currency they have waiting for us...such as a world currency.
Wake up people...this is not the 60s, nor is this a sex scandal. We are in huge trouble...and we need to do something. So do something that makes sense. Organize in numbers that mean something, and make plans that make people sit up and take notice. If you cannot do something real then support people or organizations that will. Stop supporting organizations that distract you by taking your time and money and using those resources to make you think you are having an impact while in reality they are simply distracting you from having any real impact. You know, the organizations that sent you on vigils.
So do something real or support those who do. At the very least stop wasting your time and money. The inaction and ineffectiveness of the organized ‘opposition’ to the power brokers who run the show are embarrassing enough. Keep in mind grass roots movements start from the bottom. Huge powerful activist organizations that seem to pop out of nowhere are usually funded by the very people you want to remove from power.
Todays problems are not political, they are criminal. This is not about left versus right, it is about right versus wrong. It is about freedom versus tyranny. So think back throughout all of history and see if you can find one example of a tyranny ending after being defeated by vigils.
Can you hear me yet?
Sep 8, 2008 8:48am
Sep 7, 2008
WHY WOMEN SHOULD VOTE
This is the story of our Grandmothers and Great-grandmothers; they lived only 90 years ago.
Remember, it was not until 1920 that women were granted the right to go to the polls and vote. The women were innocent and defenseless, but they were jailed nonetheless for picketing the White House, carrying signs asking for the vote.
And by the end of the night, they were barely alive. Forty prison guards wielding clubs and their warden's blessing went on a rampage against the 33 women wrongly convicted of 'obstructing sidewalk traffic'.
They beat Lucy Burns, chained her hands to the cell bars above her head and left her hanging for the night, bleeding and gasping for air.
They hurled Dora Lewis into a dark cell, smashed her head against an iron bed and knocked her out cold. Her cellmate, Alice Cosu, thought Lewis was dead and suffered a heart attack. Additional affidavits describe the guards grabbing, dragging, beating, choking, slamming, pinching, twisting and kicking the women.
Thus unfolded the 'Night of Terror' on Nov. 15, 1917, when the warden at the Occoquan Workhouse in Virginia ordered his guards to teach a lesson to the suffragists imprisoned there because they dared to picket Woodrow Wilson's White House for the right to vote. For weeks, the women's only water came from an open pail. Their food--all of it colorless slop--was infested with worms
When one of the leaders, Alice Paul, embarked on a hunger strike, they tied her to a chair, forced a tube down her throat and poured liquid into her until she vomited. She was tortured like this for weeks until word was smuggled out to the press.
So, refresh my memory. Some women won't vote this year because--why, exactly? We have carpool duties? We have to get to work? Our vote doesn't matter? It's raining?
Last week, I went to a sparsely attended screening of HBO's new movie 'Iron Jawed Angels'. It is a graphic depiction of the battle these women waged so that I could pull the curtain at the polling booth and have my say. I am ashamed to say I needed the reminder.
All these years later, voter registration is still my passion. But the actual act of voting had become less personal for me, more rote. Frankly, voting often felt more like an obligation than a privilege. Sometimes it was inconvenient.
My friend Wendy, who is my age and studied women's history, saw the HBO movie, too. When she stopped by my desk to talk about it, she looked angry. She was--with herself. 'One thought kept coming back to me as I watched that movie,' she said. 'What would those women think of the way I use, or don't use,
my right to vote? All of us take it for granted now, not just younger women, but those of us who did seek to learn.' The right to vote, she said, had become valuable to her 'all over again.'
HBO released the movie on video and DVD . I wish all history, social studies and government teachers would include the movie in their curriculum I want it shown on Bunco night, too, and anywhere else women gather. I realize this isn't our usual idea of socializing, but we are not voting in the numbers that we should be, and I think a little shock therapy is in order.
It is jarring to watch Woodrow Wilson and his cronies try to persuade a psychiatrist to declare Alice Paul insane so that she could be permanently institutionalized. And it is inspiring to watch the doctor refuse. Alice Paul was strong, he said, and brave. That didn't make her crazy. The doctor admonished the men: 'Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity.'
Please, if you are so inclined, pass this on to all the women you know. We need to get out and vote and use this right that was fought so hard for by these very courageous women. Whether you vote Democratic, Republican or Independent party, Conservative, Liberal or NDP, remember to vote.
History is being made. Listening to our hearts,taking action and exercising our right to vote, we CAN make a difference!
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.
H Nick's Tags:
, republican more
|SHARES FROM H NICK'S NETWORK
\\nZEN was suspended by
Eric with no warning. We
don\\\'t know any reasons
nor how long it will
about it on the forum but
my post was immediately
deleted. 2 threads and
petitions about Zen also.
And 2 her help-groups.
s 32nd Annual Peace Fair
and Music Festival2014
JusticeThis FREE event is
gathering of Peace,
with Live Music, Tables,
\\n\\r\\nHello my C2
Family, \\r\\nFirst let
me say Thank You to those
of you who have so
sweetly fwd my posts. You
are SO AWESOME!! I will
never forget your help.
Anytime I can repay the
favour, please tell me.
Second, my Submit button
has disappeared lea...
My little Valentine,
Lily, loves taking
pictures. She said
\\\"Mom, let\\\'s do a
Valentines photo shoot,
so I can send the pics as
cards to our friends\\\"
lol. I can\\\'t
believe she\\\'s 5 yrs
old! Looking back at my
1st album of her:
\\\"Lilyanna Jane, ...
New Petition! Speak out
Merger with Comcast! Let
your opinion be know
before your bill goes up
and your programming
DOJ and FCC to Not Allow
Merger of Time-Warner and