I was hoping to rally the power of Care2 for help with a large community service project, one I can spend 90 hours on. It can't be fundraising or through a preexisting charity. Here are my current ideas:
1. volunteer activites BY cancer kids. They can, say, make bracelets to support africa. Something so they feel like they are giving back.
2. create a recreational quidditch team to support healthy kids. When i was in grade school, I rememebr never wanting to join teams because they were so ompetitive an always with girls from my school who I don't like. Quidditch, however, is fun and not too competitive, also a way to make friends from other schools in the town.
Please send me more ideas, the more the merrier. I need to submit my ideas before I can start the project. I would like to submit them by the end of April 2012.
Hello, I thought I would start my first blog by introducing myself. I am a student, younger than my age here says (we'll leave it at that), but I feel very important in the world. I think what people need to remember about kids, tenagers and young adults are that the world they are making is what we will have to live in. To damage is a lot simpler than to reverse that which has already been done. I don't listent to whoever is from a certain party which I belong to, I listen to what I think is right and will benefit us the most in the future.
My philosophy has been portrayed in the words of the famed John Green, author, educator and vlogger. This can be found at the begining of his video "Crash Course: Agricultural Revolution":
The test will measure whether you are an informed, engaged, and productive citizen of the world, and it will take place in schools and bars and hospitals and dorm-rooms and in places of worship. You will be tested on first dates; in job interviews; while watching football; and while scrolling through your Twitter feed. The test will judge your ability to think about things other than celebrity marriages; whether you’ll be easily persuaded by empty political rhetoric; and whether you’ll be able to place your life and your community in a broader context. The test will last your entire life, and it will be comprised of the millions of decisions that, when taken together, make your life yours. And everything — everything — will be on it...so pay attention.
I find this especially pertinant because as a student in a test-based society, I understand. We've all been there, taken exams an finals. However we forget that school is real life but on a smaller scale, and in the real world, there are still tests and it is as much of our responsibility as ever to prepare for and pass these tests-or at least give a heroic effort on them, and then learn from our mistakes.
To summarize my first post before i delve into other topics, ask me some questions, I will tell you no lies. I'll answer a few common ones below (or just things i find entertaining)
1. I don't have favourites, so don't try. My preferances vary a lot. Right now, my favourite colour is orange and I like Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix.
2. My favourite subject is Innovation and Design. I wish my school offered more engineering classes. Math, science and engineering are the future in our high-tech world. We should not mistake discovery for the path towars a goal which make it seems like there is less to know in the future.
3. i don't watch television unless I am babysitting.
4. I may be young, but this year, i went out and got myself a part-time weekend, seasonal job. Unfortunatly, next weekend is the end of it.
DFTBA, everyone. Until next time. Also, comment with topics you would like me to discuss. I would like to get a vlog up and running, but for now, I will write for you.
The high fantasy Champion
of the Moon Glories
leaves every character
and the world itself
changed forever. As
quietly steal away
members of the royal
family, a desperate king
is left with no suitable
heir to the throne. His