The following meditation should be made regardless of short term events. It aims at sowing for the future. It can be practiced individually or collectively. It is a good idea to make it happen in community associations. It is of course better to meditate in a place where there is silence, and clean air. While its regular practice produces better effects than doing it just once, it is truly beneficial even as an isolated event. Building Peace in the Middle East 1) Sit in an upright posture.
2) Adopt a calmer and deeper breathing. Leave aside any thoughts about short term matters. 3) Relax feet, then legs, hands, arms. Relax the muscles of your face. Feel the contrast between the freed muscles and the firm vertebral column. This is an image of how we must face life: being firm in that which is essential, and flexible in matters of secondary importance.
4) Slowly think of the suffering of the Jewish and Muslim nations in the last few millennia. Calculate the present levels of pain, from various causes, in the different communities of the Middle East and in every Muslim and Jewish individual and community around the world. Look at your own suffering: even hopes and aspirations are often forms of pain. Reflect upon the fact that it is possible to change afflictions into wisdom, and hatred into respect and appreciation of other people’s lives. Remember that no attachment to suffering, or hatred, or fear, is necessary. Calmly consider the task now waiting for human beings: to learn in one’s own soul the art of living with impersonal altruism and respect for all. This task slowly produces an enduring happiness.
5) Visualize humans in every part of the world consciously learning lessons from the obstacles they face, and from each other. See wisdom and solidarity permeating relations between Muslims and Jews and among all nations in each continent. Imagine humanity awakening now to the unlimited power of mutual help. Keep before your mind’s eye, for an instant, the image of Jewish and Muslim nations practicing mutual help and unconditional respect for the lives of all beings. See every individual as part of a global civilization based on the principles of self-responsibility and mutual help.
6) See the radio, television, paper media and Internet websites actively promoting peaceful community goals in the Middle East and around the world. Take a calm look at the present civilization, as it builds solidarity mechanisms in the vast, inspiring world of your own creative mind. Strengthen your personal commitment with this vision. The world of Muslim-Jewish relationships is the Pascal’s circle, whose center is everywhere; and you are certainly no exception. You are its centre, too.
7) Visualize for a few moments sincere public leaders in the Middle East promoting and sharing the process of Jewish-Muslim awakening to true friendship and long-term cooperation. Remember this old axiom, that “there must be more merit in attaining a goal which is difficult, as long as it is noble”.
Imagine your local community and country as lands of universal peace. See them as ready to a new era of unconditional fraternity. Keep this image with yourself. Preserve it in your mind and heart. Every new phase in mankind’s evolution needs its own pioneers. If you can realize you are co-responsible for the collective awakening, consider taking the necessary steps for these visions and glimpses of the future to remain strong and to gradually expand their influence. One of the best ways to develop your power of good-will is by helping accelerate the on-going, largely unconscious dawning of the next civilization of universal brotherhood.
The most powerful and effective method of service an aspirant can offer in leading humanity out of it`s self created hellish nightmare world of illusion and suffering is to empower oneself with absolute determination to set ones goal to tread the razor edge Path to Self –Realization. Control and mastery over the astral- emotional body is very difficult and arduous, and will take many incarnations to achieve before the second initiation can be taken. The fact that the greater bulk of humanity today,- being polarized in the astral body, makes this goal of passing through the second initiation a very difficult long path of sufferings,- a realization of ones short comings , backsliding, agony of mind, along with much ``psychic growing pains``,and much hardship over several lives.
Once the first initiation is taken there are then about 6-7 incarnations in which one passes from being an astral polarized being, to that of achieving total mental polarization shortly after the second initiation. thus shifting awareness to a level above the astral planes and setting one free from the illusions and glamour's from a world we have created ourselves through the unwholesome use of the creative imaginations with it;s phantasms, , emotional bondages , its seductive and beautiful fantasies that many have mistaken as ``mystical experience`s ``… , but, in fact are forms of astral intoxication!!. Take for example the behaviour seen in many fundamental Christian groups who work themselves into an emotional hysteria , shouting ``praise the Lord!!!``, …. `` be healed now!`` ,screaming out their sermons , losing control while sputtering and foaming at the mouth.!!!!. Pure astral intoxication, and yet claiming such morbid behaviour as a spiritual experience.!!?
The goal set forth for man during the Atlantean 4th Root Race was the out- growth and development of the astral- emotional body ,along with the budding germ of Mind or ``Manasic principle``. The astral-emotional body - developed very well ,and so powerful-, that it is still the major polarization for the vast majority of humanity today. We are in the early epoch of the 5th Root Race. The long term goal for humanity now is the growth and development of the lower mental body. The astral- emotional body of man took 12 million years to develop to what it is today. We all have had thousands of incarnations during this period of the Atlantean Root Race.
The coming labour of evolution now facing humanity will be arduous,- a journey through millions of years,- and will involve not just one root race ,- but will include the rest of this round and into the middle of the next round. Thus the full evolution of the lower and higher abstract mind will come into full fruition , revealing an unbelievable beauty not as yet comprehensible to the masses at this time. The Higher mind is an aspect of the inner Divine Self and must come into full development before the end of the 5th round.
The goal set before us now is freeing ourselves from the glamour's of the astral planes and the achievement of mental polarization as more of the Sons of Men begin to tread the path of initiation and service to both God and Man. As many of you know mental polarization begins at a point between the first and second initiations,- or at about [ 1.6 ] , and is more or less completed at about [ 2.3] when spiritual polarization begins ,and the man or woman prepares for the third initiation and is thus a manifestation of Divinity upon the physical , astral-emotional, and mental planes. From the Spiritual Hierarchy point of view the third initiation is really the first true soul initiation into Divinity.
The most important thing for every aspirant to do is to detach himself from all seductiveness and fantasies of the various levels of the astral planes and to ``see`` from a distance [ so to speak ] and learn its nature ,pitfalls, and the many countless glamour's that seek to snare the unwary. In many ways the astral planes are the fields of glamour and illusion.
Again I say ;- the greater bulk of humanity today are polarized on the astral- emotional planes ,which at this point in evolution , holds man as a prisoner of his own creation. It is this fact that makes the 2nd initiation the most difficult of all initiations to pass through. As the initiate advances forward there comes a time ,-after many incarnations,- where no glamour or illusion can long hold one who has the dedication and determination to fight his way into a greater measure of freedom , pure reason , into the Divinity and Light of His own SOUL,- or Higher Self.