Note: This article assumes that clerks and computers in Fulton County Georgia Superior Court and Georgia State Court are correct in reporting that THE COCHRAN FIRM NEVER FILED A LAWSUIT REGARDING DOZIER VS. CITY OF ATLANTA IN EITHER OF THOSE COURTS. I believe the court clerks and their computer systems, not The Cochran Firm, since I know they are FRAUDS. See http://wrongfuldeathoflarryneal.com/ Here is the censored tweet for today: @LIFE @nytimes @cnn @bet @change Cochran Firm defrauded Kathryn Johnston's family http://alturl.com/byh65
Since Johnnie Cochran died five years ago, shortly after he partnered with an Alabama law firm, The Cochran Firm seems to be some pseudo-government agency. Johnnie Cochran's name is apparently used to calm minority people when gross injustices happen, such as police murders. But lawyers for the firm secretly work against their clients' interest to minimize damages to the government agencies being sued. I knew The Cochran Firm would never take Kathryn Johnston's murder before a jury but would accept whatever the government (its real client) wanted to offer Johnston's survivors. Luckily for Sarah Dozier, Johnston's niece and estate administrator, Atlanta offered a $4.9 million settlement. Most people who saw the newscast about the settlement probably did not know why reporters seemed to credit Atlanta's mayor as being magnanimous for offering to settle the Johnston civil action. The truth is that despite how obvious it was the former police officers murdered the innocent old lady in her own home, the City of Atlanta could have paid much less or even zero for Johnston's murder-by-police, because The Cochran Firm were the plaintiffs' attorneys. That is worse than being pro se.
When 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston was murdered on 11/21/06, The Cochran Firm was retained for her estate's attorneys. I knew there would be fraud happening, because The Cochran Firm frequently works behind its clients backs, especially in cases regarding police misconduct. Today I discovered what The Cochran Firm did to set up Kathryn Johnston's family (its clients) to minimize or prevent damages to the Atlanta Police Department.
On November 21, 2007, The Cochran Firm published press releases claiming it had filed suit for Sarah C. Dozier v. City of Atlanta,but that was a lie. Similarly, the Cochran Firm never filed any lawsuit for the WRONGFUL DEATH OF LARRY NEAL, my brother who was murdered under secret arrest (Google that). Defrauding its clients is a habit for that law firm. The lawyers had not actually filed any lawsuit for the Johnston estate. Newspapers and media broadcasts carried The Cochran Firm's false announcement that Dozier's lawsuit was filed on 11/21/07 (exactly a year after Johnston's murder), and The Cochran Firm carried the lie on its website. But none of the reports I heard or read gave the name of the court where the Johnston wrongful death lawsuit was filed. I majored in Journalism plus I am a victim of The Cochran Firm Fraud, so the fact that journalists omitted naming the court was a red flag for me. Today I learned that NO SUIT WAS FILED ON 11/21/07 like The Cochran Firm reported in the press and in court records in USDC. It was just another Cochran Firm fraud. Here is a brief outline of what happened, followed by my tweets for today:
1. 8/1/03 - My brother Larry Neal died after 18 days of secret arrest in Memphis, Tennessee's Shelby Co. Jail under circumstances which the jail and the federal government refuse to disclose, although my family has begged for information we are entitled to for closure for over seven years.
2. 8/8/03 - My family signed contract w/ The Cochran Firm as wrongful death attorneys in a secret conflict of interest: The Cochran Firm's managing partner in the Memphis office was a Shelby County Commissioner. He had a vested interest in preventing a lawsuit from being filed against the jail, which is owned and operated by the Shelby County Commission.
3. 8/14/03 to 7/14/04 - The Cochran Firm pretended in lying letters to the Neal family that it was pursuing justice for Larry's murder by police, but the lawyers were actually holding the case inactive to help the jail escape accountability. No suit was filed for Larry's death, and no records were ever ordered. No one was even appointed estate executor. Larry's case file was EMPTY at the end of Tennessee's statute of limitations for wrongful death.
4. 8/1/05 - Larry Neal's mother and sister filed lawsuit against The Cochran Firm for defrauding the family to help Shelby County Jail escape accountability. Suit was filed in Georgia Superior Court and served to The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office, which is where the Neal's initial client intake interview was conducted. Arrangements were made by The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office for us to sign contract in The Cochran Firm's Memphis office the day after Larry's burial. The Atlanta and Memphis office of The Cochran Firm promised to work together to bring justice for Larry's wrongful death and to help Larry Neal's 80-year-old mother avoid traveling by sending lawyers from The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office to her Stone Mountain, Georgia home when it was necessary to give depositions or interface with her attorneys.
5. 5/26/06 - Judge Wendy Shoob dismissed the Neal vs. Cochran Firm lawsuit because The Cochran Firm falsely claimed our lawsuit was served wrongly. The lawyers swore in court THERE IS NO COCHRAN FIRM OFFICE IN GEORGIA, and Judge Shoob concurred. Meanwhile, The Cochran Firm kept doing business in its Atlanta office and and advertising the Atlanta office prolifically on the Internet, through legal referral services, on television commercials, on billboards, and on MARTA trains. Obviously, the court and the Cochran Firm lawyers decided the Neal family were unworthy of truth and justice, and The Cochran Firm had no intention of any jury knowing how they treated the Neal family to help police escape accountability for killing my mentally, physically disabled brother, a black middle aged man.
6. 11/21/06 - Atlanta police killed 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston in a no-knock warrant case, then tried to cover-up her murder by falsely accusing the elder of drug trafficking. The world was outraged, particularly African Americans. To prevent riots and help police, authorities arranged for The Cochran Firm to represent Johnston's survivors. Riots were prevented because:
A ) Tensions were diffused in a series of town hall meetings that gave the public a place to vent and authorities made promises about improvements in the justice system and community relations, such as a citizens review board being established, and
B ) The outraged public knew that The Cochran Firm was retained to represent Kathryn Johnston's estate. This brought calm because many blacks have misplaced trust in the law firm that wears Johnnie Cochran's name.
7. Mary Neal went to the NAACP town hall meetings to warn community leaders and Johnston's family about The Cochran Firm working for police behind vicitms' backs. Unfortunately, members of Johnston's family were not in the audience, or they were not introduced while I was there. I distributed 75 flyers that proved 1) The Cochran Firm had been declared nonexistent in Georgia, and 2) the name The Cochran Firm used in Georgia Superior Court - Cochran Cherry Givens Smith & Sistrunk, P.C. - was not a valid name. The Georgia Secretary of State has had no such P.C. registered at any time in history.
I went to Ms. Johnston's Neal Street home to see if any of her relatives lived in the house, but it was vacant. I told all the neighbors on Neal Street about The Cochran Firm fraud, hoping they would get the word to Ms. Dozier to watch out for her lawyers. I started writing online about the likelihood that The Cochran Firm would defraud Johnston's family like they defrauded our family to protect Memphis Shelby County Jail when my brother was murdered by police. I hoped that Sarah Dozier, Johnston's estate administrator, would see my articles and know about the danger of lawyer fraud she faced.
8. 8/15/07 - Mary Neal and Hattie Neal filed a breach of contract and fraud lawsuit against The Cochran Firm in United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia under the diversity rule (since The Cochran Firm pretended not to exist in Georgia and had our case dismissed in Georgia Superior Court by Judge Wendy Shoob). The diversity rule can only be used when the plaintiffs and defendants are in different states. The Cochran Firm's perjury that it had no Georgia office opened the door for our case to be filed against the bogus law firm in federal court. But they were protected there, too. I did not know at the time that The Cochran Firm is a government agency set up to defraud minority citizens, so my family believed we would be treated fairly in federal court.
9. 11/21/07 - The Cochran Firm issued fake press releases claiming a lawsuit had been filed for Kathryn Johnston's death, but did not give the name of the court.
10. 12/07 and first week of 1/08 - Neals v. Cochran Firm lawsuit was served to Cochran Firm home office in Dothan, AL, Memphis, Tennessee office, and to David McLaughlin, the assigned attorney for Larry's wrongful death case. Immediately after service was perfected, I started being stalked online and in person. I reported it to Judge Batten in USDC, but nothing was done. I reported it to police, FBI, USDOJ, Homeland Security, and the public, but I continue to be stalked and censored. Police and all federal agencies refuse to investigate the crimes, despite my having submitted affidavits and real-time cyber-censorship videos.
11. 1/09/08 - The Cochran Firm filed a lawsuit in Johnston's civil action case in United States District Court, but pretended on the record that the lawsuit was REMOVED to federal court from Fulton County Georgia Superior Court. Actually, no lawsuit had ever been filed for Johnston's murder prior to that pretense on 1/09/08. Had it not been for my writing about The Cochran Firm fraud and trying to warn the Johnston family, I don't think The Cochran Firm would have filed anything in USDC. I believe the plan was for the City of Atlanta to pay the family whatever it wanted to, if anything. That is basically what happened this week. Luckily, the City settled for a decent amount of money, but any jury would have awarded more for the helpless 92-year-old woman being invaded and murdered in a hail of 36 bullets.
12. 1/08 until 2/9/09 - Neals v. The Cochran Firm case was in USDC under the diversity rule, meaning that there was no Cochran Firm office in Georgia (the perjury that had prevailed in Georgia Superior Court). Meanwhile, The Cochran Firm's Georgia office was also in USDC pretending to represent Kathryn Johnston's family. The Cochran Firm took the Johnston case before Judge Marvin H. Shoob. He happens to be father of Judge Wendy Shoob, the Superior Court judge who had ruled that there is no such thing as a Cochran Firm office in Georgia and dismissed our lawsuit in 2006. Therefore, in Judge Batten's courtroom at USDC, The Cochran Firm was defending itself against the Neals' case and pretending not to have any Georgia office. Right next door in Judge Shoob's courtroom, The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office was supposedly representing the Johnston family. What frauds! If the Georgia Bar does nothing about all of this fraud, any attorneys they ever sanctioned should sue the Bar.
13. After suit was served in Neals v. Cochran Firm in USDC, the Neals started being stalked, persecuted, including being followed by government vehicles leading other vehicles. I figured the intimidation was happening to make us drop the federal lawsuit against The Cochran Firm. It continued after we were denied justice in USDC to discourage me from writing about The Cochran Firm fraud and other injustices in my Internet articles.
14. 2/9/09 - Judge Batten ruled that The Cochran Firm having secretly kept the Neals' case in Larry Neal's wrongful death COMPLETELY INACTIVE for nearly 11 months of Tennessee's 12-month statute of limitations was not the proximate cause of the Neals missing the opportunity to sue Shelby County Jail timely for Larry's wrongful death. It was a ridiculous ruling (unjust), because it usually takes more than a month to have an estate executor appointed in Tennessee, which is the first thing any lawyer would have to do to be able to collect records and file suit. Judge Batten dismissed our fraud case in USDC which was filed under the diversity rule. Since the case was in USDC based on a lie (no Cochran Firm in Georgia, the ruling is void). See more that happened in USDC by Googling "Cochran Firm Fraud."
15. June 2010 - I picketed at the Cochran Firm's Atlanta office at 127 Peachtree Street. I told people about The Cochran Firm having itself declared nonexistent in Georgia Superior Court in 2006 to dodge facing a jury for defrauding the Neal family regarding http://wrongfuldeathoflarryneal.com/ - but six months later undertaking representation of Kathryn Johnston's family. Two Atlanta police officers violated my First Amendment rights by forcing me to leave from the front of The Cochran Firm's office. Atlanta police would not allow me to tell the public how The Cochran Firm had defrauded the Neals to protect Memphis police from Larry Neal's wrongful death lawsuit and that the firm was likely defrauding Kathryn Johnston's family for the Atlanta Police Department.
16. 8/13/10 - ALL of my computer input is monitored and frequently censored. I wrote an email publishing plans to picket The Cochran Firm for defrauding minorities at Morehouse College, Spellman College, Clark College, and Georgia State University on 8/17/10 - which is the first day of school for some of the colleges. Although the news media is "down" with helping The Cochran Firm defraud minorities by refusing to report on these issues, I know that America's youth care about injustice and would be as shocked as I was to learn that some attorneys, U.S. Government officials, and courts engage in conspiracies to help police get away with murdering citizens like Larry Neal and Kathryn Johnston. I expected the students to help me demand that Kathryn Johnston's family be treated justly. I also hoped the students would help protest the denial of justice and open disclosure about my brother's murder. There is still a huge cover-up about his death from Memphis to Atlanta to Washington, DC.
17. 8/16/10 - News reports announced that Kathryn Johnston's civil action case had been settled.
Dozier et al. v. City of Atlanta, et al. United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia Civil Action No. 1:08-CV-0007-MHS
USDC Docket Item #1 - Filing Form says case was "removed from Georgia Superior Court, Fulton County." Exhibit "A" is the Plaintiffs' Complaint that was supposedly removed to USDC from Superior Court. It had no Superior Court civil action number, but it had a Lexis Nexus e-file number: 17329342 at 9:07 a.m. on 11/21/07.
Problem No. 1 - Georgia Superior Court does no e-filing. All pleadings must be submitted as original documents.
Problem No. 2 - Georgia Superior Court has NO record of Dozier v. City of Atlanta ever being filed there. This was checked by five people in the Clerk's office, including supervisors. Just to be sure there was no mistake, I checked for Dozier v. City of Atlanta in the State Court, also. No Dozier v. City of Atlanta was in State Court records, either. That filing NEVER HAPPENED, therefore it could not have been "removed" to USDC. A lawsuit has to begin with a Complaint properly filed in a court of law with proper jurisdiction over the case. The defendants must then be served copies of the lawsuit within 30 days of the day it was filed in court. Otherwise, the lawsuit is VOID. The Kathryn Johnston lawsuit never happened.
The Cochran Firm reported it had filed a lawsuit against Atlanta Police for the Johnston's estate on November 21, 2007, but the lawyers were lying. They did the same thing to our family to prevent the Neals from recovering damages after the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal. The Cochran Firm signed contract with the Neals under an undisclosed conflict of interest and then wrote us lying letters about legal work that the firm never did. This fraud went on almost 11months - until it was too late for us to get honest attorneys (Tennessee's statute of limitations on wrongful death is only 12 months). The difference between Memphis officials and Atlanta officials is that Atlanta officials offered the family a settlement for Johnston's wrongful death, but Memphis still hides behind The Cochran Firm fraud and the DOJ, which protects murderous police by refusing to release any records on Larry's murder, allowing the jail to enter perjury in federal court regarding the jail's release from federal overview, and refusing to investigate Larry's murder like it did Michael Vick's dogs' deaths. Dog abuse is deemed to be more important than murdered black American citizens. . I thank Atlanta officials who offered Kathryn Johnston's family $4.9 million settlement. Although any Atlanta jury would have paid the family more, I always knew The Cochran Firm would not take the case before a jury. Ms. Dozier seemed satisfied with the settlement on the newscasts I saw. I am glad for her family to find closure at last.
I congratulate the students at Morehouse College, Clark College, Spellman College, and Georgia State University. I believe that announcing my plans to picket on sidewalks by those schools to notify students about the Johnston family being defrauded by The Cochran Firm influenced the case being settled immediately before fall classes started.
Today I called numerous lawyers to ask that they contact Sarah Dozier and let her know Kathryn Johnston's estate was defrauded of $13.1 million by The Cochran Firm working with defendants behind her back. Any jury convened in Atlanta would have awarded Johnston's estate the entire $18 million demand that The Cochran Firm pretended to seek. Interested attorneys should try to contact Sarah C. Dozier, who may not yet know about the fraud. Attorneys are also invited to call me regarding The Cochran Firm conspiring with authorities to prevent my family from recovering damages after the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal. Information is at this link:
PRAY FOR MY FAMILY AND ME. I am persecuted, censored, and stalked for standing for justice. "They" do not want the American public to know that law firms are being used to defraud citizens after police violence. They do not want people to know how censorship is done to contain Internet messages about justice and human rights. My home is surrounded by people living in houses that are registered in the Tax Assessor's office as "9- public utility - gov." I have been followed by government vehicles and denied 911 police services when accosted. Someone takes over my home computers and puts them on an illegal workgroup domain over which I am not the administrator in order to monitor and control my Internet input. After cheating my family of our righteous judgment after Larry's murder and denying us justice against The Cochran Firm's fraud, people now destroy my online job applications and prevent my communicating with potential employers by Internet or telephone. Our phone is tapped, and incoming and outgoing calls are frequently blocked. Like Paul Revere, I want to warn you, "The NWO is here - not coming, but here already."
Detainee treatment inside the U.S. is frequently as abusive as it was in offshore prison camps imprisoning those accused in the War on Terror. See http://www.geocities.com/prisonmurder/ - Click on each prisoner's photograph on the homepage for his/her story. My brother is no. 26 - Larry Neal.
In addition to prisoner abuse, America has a police brutality problem that threatens the cohesion of our social structure. When police kill unarmed citizens, as in Oscar Grant's case, there is an unwelcome opportunity for social unrest to rise to dangerous levels.
PEACEFUL prisoner activists and individuals with an interest in human rights are invited to attend, particularly those interested in:
1) death penalty 2) prison torture 3) solitary confinement 4) life without the possibility of parole 5) trying children as adults and life sentences for minors 6) mandatory sentencing 7) three-strikes laws 8) law of parties 9) criminalizing mental illness, including PTSD among American veterans 10) plans for mass "emergency centers" inside U.S.A. for Americans (H.R. 645) 11) private prison profiteering - especially by decision-makers with positions in criminal justice (conflicts of interest) 12) excessive sentencing and unacceptable disparities in sentencing for similar offenses 13) enforcement of Freedom of Information Act 14) prisoner healthcare 15) increased funding for public defenders 16) post-conviction DNA testing 17) no penalty or misdemeanor charge for less than one oz. of marijuana 18) strict enforcement against police and prison brutality; prosecution of 100% of offenders 19) new trials with substantial new evidence, like the Troy Davis case 20) so-called "non-lethal" weaponry and the possibility of conflicts of interest among decision makers regarding police equipment purchases 21) illegal alien raids and arrests 22) police profiling and abuse of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons 23) surveillance of U.S. citizens; loss of privacy rights 24) Prisoner information and visitation issues 25) justice for victims and families of abused or murdered prisoners (whether or not victims lived to reach jail)
CHANGE is needed in the justice system.Mainstream news affiliates must cease being party to abuse of power cover-ups by their failure to report selected news. Example: Congressional bill H.R.619 has received NO mainstream media coverage, although omitting mental hospital insurance is an issue that affects all Americans, particularly 1.25 million incarcerated mental patients and their 10 million relatives and close friends. Censorship makes citizens journalism important as everyday people keep each other informed. March with us in an online demonstration to strengthen human/civil rights.
Children Tried As Adults
PAYING FOR NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS IN THE PRISON SYSTEM:
Removing non-violent mentally ill inmates from prisons and jails and into outpatient commitment programs like Kendra's Law (or into secure mental hospitals for violent offenders) would immediately eliminate the need for private prisons and save taxpayers BILLIONS each year.
The money that would be saved byrepealing the death penalty and decriminalizing mental illness could finance all of the changes listed below with money left over for states' general budgets.
* It is much cheaper and more humane for mentally challenged people to be treated in their communities than prison costs taxpayers. Mentally challenged inmates who are not charged with violent crimes should be provided subsistence assistance to avoiding homelessness. Search online for "Kendra's Law" and "Assisted Outpatient Treatment." Please support congressional bill H.R.619 to resume Medicaid for inpatient psychiatric treatment. It was introduced in January 2009 by Rep. Eddie Johnson (D-TX), a former psychiatric nurse who understands that mentally ill people cannot be punished into as state of good mental health. Treatment must replace imprisonment to end systemic discrimination, save lives and resources, as well as restore many people to wholesome lives. . * Each death row inmate costs taxpayers an additional $90,000 per year above the cost for inmates in maximum security prisons, per Death Penalty Information Center (DPIC).
WHO BENEFITS FROM JUSTICE REFORM?
~taxpayers would save billions on the nation's annual prison budget
~ inmates would be better prepared to re-enter society as contributing members once prisons place increased emphasis on prisoner rehabilitation
~individuals, families and communities would be less likely to be negatively impacted by avoidable incarcerations and incidents of police brutality
~Police officers and prison guards would gain a less volatile work atmosphere once prison abuse and police brutality are no longer ignored by authorities.
Additional information will be provided at the article as arrangements are finalized. Hope to see you in marching online with AIMI members for human rights for prisoners!
Please check out this full length article with VIDEOS that reveal the truth about our justice system and how it can be improved. Now is the time to address issues - PREVENTION is better than reaction. Feel free to comment on these or other justice concerns at any of my articles. See links to most of them at my Google profile - http://google.com/profiles/MaryLovesJustice
HUMAN RIGHTS FOR PRISONERS MARCH - People need "dog justice," humane treatment that is actually enforced.
A full article was at NowPublic exposing corruption in the justice system created by private prison profiteering at the below link. The article suffered numerous attacks, and I note that it has now been deleted. SOME of the comments remain at the link below. My membership at NowPublic.com was suspended after I published a series of articles protesting enforced H1N1 vaccines - Michael Jackson's Death - The Conspiracy Theory series. http://my.nowpublic.com/world/human-rights-prisoners-march-planned-mid-may-atlanta
All online communication is monitored and controlled, including phones. Note that my email address is not a link (copy and paste into your email, please). If you receive no response within 24 hours, please use U.S. Mail, which might work. I'm not sure.
JAIL IS THE LAST THING MENTAL PATIENTS NEED ... AND TOO OFTEN, JAIL IS THE L-A-S-T THING THEY EXPERIENCE. Please join us in our quest to decriminalize mental illness in America. No one should be punished for having a disability, but right now 1.25 million mentally ill people are imprisoned.
We All Need Each Other. Be there for your brother
Jeff Wood, condemned mental patient, TX LAW OF PARTIES
Kathryn Johnston police violence victim
He Ain't Heavy - He's My Brother
By 2011, American soldiers in Iraq are coming home; 54% may suffer PTSD. Many veterans from Viet Nam to the Gulf War conflict are imprisoned today because PTSD caused them to have unacceptable behavior.
Police Helping Citizens Many Police are Good Samaritans
Mama's Day Cards You
Won't Find at the
a group of artis...
The largest genocide in
human history happened
where? Most people would
answer Germany, and the
Actually though, the
largest genocide happened
in the USA, with the
native American Indians,
with estimates of 19
million to 100 millio...
Radiation Study; Tokyo
Hayno, R.S., et al
of Adults and Children 7
to 20 Months After the
Fukushima NPP Accident as
Measured by Extensive
Surveys, Proc. Jpn....
accumulates in water
supplies after nuclear
bioconcentrates in fish
that live in fresh water
and salt water. Runoff of
fresh water from land
which has been
contaminated ends up
contaminating oceans, and
66 Atomic Bombs were
exploded on the Bikini
Island Atolls. Hundreds
of islanders were removed
from the islands, but not
from harms way. One
hydrogen bomb exploded
near the islands, and the
children played with the
dust from the bomb, as it
"Under our current law,
a suspected terrorist on
the FBI's No-Fly List
can't board an airplane
-- but they can still
legally purchase guns and
This loophole, known
Germany added more
solar panels in one
month, than the US did in
ONE YEAR. Nearly 1/3 of
Germany power output is
handled by bottoms up
solar energy during the
middle of the day. The
transition to a 100%
renewable energy nation
is in process. T...
According to the Old
Testament, which defines
all of the 'rules' of
traditional marriage, the
above examples are all of
the ways that couples can
What is the
bailing out or helping
people at the bottom, or
giving corporate welfare
to the top 1%? The
example of Iceland,
compared to the US,
provides us with a good
"Nobel prize winning
Visit NBCNews.com for
breaking news, world
news, and news about the
From the video above;
"the gun lobby and its
allies willfully lied
about the bill. They
claimed that it would
create some sort of big
brother gun registry,
even though th...