Note: This article assumes that clerks and computers in Fulton County Georgia Superior Court and Georgia State Court are correct in reporting that THE COCHRAN FIRM NEVER FILED A LAWSUIT REGARDING DOZIER VS. CITY OF ATLANTA IN EITHER OF THOSE COURTS. I believe the court clerks and their computer systems, not The Cochran Firm, since I know they are FRAUDS. See http://wrongfuldeathoflarryneal.com/ Here is the censored tweet for today: @LIFE @nytimes @cnn @bet @change Cochran Firm defrauded Kathryn Johnston's family http://alturl.com/byh65
Since Johnnie Cochran died five years ago, shortly after he partnered with an Alabama law firm, The Cochran Firm seems to be some pseudo-government agency. Johnnie Cochran's name is apparently used to calm minority people when gross injustices happen, such as police murders. But lawyers for the firm secretly work against their clients' interest to minimize damages to the government agencies being sued. I knew The Cochran Firm would never take Kathryn Johnston's murder before a jury but would accept whatever the government (its real client) wanted to offer Johnston's survivors. Luckily for Sarah Dozier, Johnston's niece and estate administrator, Atlanta offered a $4.9 million settlement. Most people who saw the newscast about the settlement probably did not know why reporters seemed to credit Atlanta's mayor as being magnanimous for offering to settle the Johnston civil action. The truth is that despite how obvious it was the former police officers murdered the innocent old lady in her own home, the City of Atlanta could have paid much less or even zero for Johnston's murder-by-police, because The Cochran Firm were the plaintiffs' attorneys. That is worse than being pro se.
When 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston was murdered on 11/21/06, The Cochran Firm was retained for her estate's attorneys. I knew there would be fraud happening, because The Cochran Firm frequently works behind its clients backs, especially in cases regarding police misconduct. Today I discovered what The Cochran Firm did to set up Kathryn Johnston's family (its clients) to minimize or prevent damages to the Atlanta Police Department.
On November 21, 2007, The Cochran Firm published press releases claiming it had filed suit for Sarah C. Dozier v. City of Atlanta,but that was a lie. Similarly, the Cochran Firm never filed any lawsuit for the WRONGFUL DEATH OF LARRY NEAL, my brother who was murdered under secret arrest (Google that). Defrauding its clients is a habit for that law firm. The lawyers had not actually filed any lawsuit for the Johnston estate. Newspapers and media broadcasts carried The Cochran Firm's false announcement that Dozier's lawsuit was filed on 11/21/07 (exactly a year after Johnston's murder), and The Cochran Firm carried the lie on its website. But none of the reports I heard or read gave the name of the court where the Johnston wrongful death lawsuit was filed. I majored in Journalism plus I am a victim of The Cochran Firm Fraud, so the fact that journalists omitted naming the court was a red flag for me. Today I learned that NO SUIT WAS FILED ON 11/21/07 like The Cochran Firm reported in the press and in court records in USDC. It was just another Cochran Firm fraud. Here is a brief outline of what happened, followed by my tweets for today:
1. 8/1/03 - My brother Larry Neal died after 18 days of secret arrest in Memphis, Tennessee's Shelby Co. Jail under circumstances which the jail and the federal government refuse to disclose, although my family has begged for information we are entitled to for closure for over seven years.
2. 8/8/03 - My family signed contract w/ The Cochran Firm as wrongful death attorneys in a secret conflict of interest: The Cochran Firm's managing partner in the Memphis office was a Shelby County Commissioner. He had a vested interest in preventing a lawsuit from being filed against the jail, which is owned and operated by the Shelby County Commission.
3. 8/14/03 to 7/14/04 - The Cochran Firm pretended in lying letters to the Neal family that it was pursuing justice for Larry's murder by police, but the lawyers were actually holding the case inactive to help the jail escape accountability. No suit was filed for Larry's death, and no records were ever ordered. No one was even appointed estate executor. Larry's case file was EMPTY at the end of Tennessee's statute of limitations for wrongful death.
4. 8/1/05 - Larry Neal's mother and sister filed lawsuit against The Cochran Firm for defrauding the family to help Shelby County Jail escape accountability. Suit was filed in Georgia Superior Court and served to The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office, which is where the Neal's initial client intake interview was conducted. Arrangements were made by The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office for us to sign contract in The Cochran Firm's Memphis office the day after Larry's burial. The Atlanta and Memphis office of The Cochran Firm promised to work together to bring justice for Larry's wrongful death and to help Larry Neal's 80-year-old mother avoid traveling by sending lawyers from The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office to her Stone Mountain, Georgia home when it was necessary to give depositions or interface with her attorneys.
5. 5/26/06 - Judge Wendy Shoob dismissed the Neal vs. Cochran Firm lawsuit because The Cochran Firm falsely claimed our lawsuit was served wrongly. The lawyers swore in court THERE IS NO COCHRAN FIRM OFFICE IN GEORGIA, and Judge Shoob concurred. Meanwhile, The Cochran Firm kept doing business in its Atlanta office and and advertising the Atlanta office prolifically on the Internet, through legal referral services, on television commercials, on billboards, and on MARTA trains. Obviously, the court and the Cochran Firm lawyers decided the Neal family were unworthy of truth and justice, and The Cochran Firm had no intention of any jury knowing how they treated the Neal family to help police escape accountability for killing my mentally, physically disabled brother, a black middle aged man.
6. 11/21/06 - Atlanta police killed 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston in a no-knock warrant case, then tried to cover-up her murder by falsely accusing the elder of drug trafficking. The world was outraged, particularly African Americans. To prevent riots and help police, authorities arranged for The Cochran Firm to represent Johnston's survivors. Riots were prevented because:
A ) Tensions were diffused in a series of town hall meetings that gave the public a place to vent and authorities made promises about improvements in the justice system and community relations, such as a citizens review board being established, and
B ) The outraged public knew that The Cochran Firm was retained to represent Kathryn Johnston's estate. This brought calm because many blacks have misplaced trust in the law firm that wears Johnnie Cochran's name.
7. Mary Neal went to the NAACP town hall meetings to warn community leaders and Johnston's family about The Cochran Firm working for police behind vicitms' backs. Unfortunately, members of Johnston's family were not in the audience, or they were not introduced while I was there. I distributed 75 flyers that proved 1) The Cochran Firm had been declared nonexistent in Georgia, and 2) the name The Cochran Firm used in Georgia Superior Court - Cochran Cherry Givens Smith & Sistrunk, P.C. - was not a valid name. The Georgia Secretary of State has had no such P.C. registered at any time in history.
I went to Ms. Johnston's Neal Street home to see if any of her relatives lived in the house, but it was vacant. I told all the neighbors on Neal Street about The Cochran Firm fraud, hoping they would get the word to Ms. Dozier to watch out for her lawyers. I started writing online about the likelihood that The Cochran Firm would defraud Johnston's family like they defrauded our family to protect Memphis Shelby County Jail when my brother was murdered by police. I hoped that Sarah Dozier, Johnston's estate administrator, would see my articles and know about the danger of lawyer fraud she faced.
8. 8/15/07 - Mary Neal and Hattie Neal filed a breach of contract and fraud lawsuit against The Cochran Firm in United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia under the diversity rule (since The Cochran Firm pretended not to exist in Georgia and had our case dismissed in Georgia Superior Court by Judge Wendy Shoob). The diversity rule can only be used when the plaintiffs and defendants are in different states. The Cochran Firm's perjury that it had no Georgia office opened the door for our case to be filed against the bogus law firm in federal court. But they were protected there, too. I did not know at the time that The Cochran Firm is a government agency set up to defraud minority citizens, so my family believed we would be treated fairly in federal court.
9. 11/21/07 - The Cochran Firm issued fake press releases claiming a lawsuit had been filed for Kathryn Johnston's death, but did not give the name of the court.
10. 12/07 and first week of 1/08 - Neals v. Cochran Firm lawsuit was served to Cochran Firm home office in Dothan, AL, Memphis, Tennessee office, and to David McLaughlin, the assigned attorney for Larry's wrongful death case. Immediately after service was perfected, I started being stalked online and in person. I reported it to Judge Batten in USDC, but nothing was done. I reported it to police, FBI, USDOJ, Homeland Security, and the public, but I continue to be stalked and censored. Police and all federal agencies refuse to investigate the crimes, despite my having submitted affidavits and real-time cyber-censorship videos.
11. 1/09/08 - The Cochran Firm filed a lawsuit in Johnston's civil action case in United States District Court, but pretended on the record that the lawsuit was REMOVED to federal court from Fulton County Georgia Superior Court. Actually, no lawsuit had ever been filed for Johnston's murder prior to that pretense on 1/09/08. Had it not been for my writing about The Cochran Firm fraud and trying to warn the Johnston family, I don't think The Cochran Firm would have filed anything in USDC. I believe the plan was for the City of Atlanta to pay the family whatever it wanted to, if anything. That is basically what happened this week. Luckily, the City settled for a decent amount of money, but any jury would have awarded more for the helpless 92-year-old woman being invaded and murdered in a hail of 36 bullets.
12. 1/08 until 2/9/09 - Neals v. The Cochran Firm case was in USDC under the diversity rule, meaning that there was no Cochran Firm office in Georgia (the perjury that had prevailed in Georgia Superior Court). Meanwhile, The Cochran Firm's Georgia office was also in USDC pretending to represent Kathryn Johnston's family. The Cochran Firm took the Johnston case before Judge Marvin H. Shoob. He happens to be father of Judge Wendy Shoob, the Superior Court judge who had ruled that there is no such thing as a Cochran Firm office in Georgia and dismissed our lawsuit in 2006. Therefore, in Judge Batten's courtroom at USDC, The Cochran Firm was defending itself against the Neals' case and pretending not to have any Georgia office. Right next door in Judge Shoob's courtroom, The Cochran Firm's Atlanta office was supposedly representing the Johnston family. What frauds! If the Georgia Bar does nothing about all of this fraud, any attorneys they ever sanctioned should sue the Bar.
13. After suit was served in Neals v. Cochran Firm in USDC, the Neals started being stalked, persecuted, including being followed by government vehicles leading other vehicles. I figured the intimidation was happening to make us drop the federal lawsuit against The Cochran Firm. It continued after we were denied justice in USDC to discourage me from writing about The Cochran Firm fraud and other injustices in my Internet articles.
14. 2/9/09 - Judge Batten ruled that The Cochran Firm having secretly kept the Neals' case in Larry Neal's wrongful death COMPLETELY INACTIVE for nearly 11 months of Tennessee's 12-month statute of limitations was not the proximate cause of the Neals missing the opportunity to sue Shelby County Jail timely for Larry's wrongful death. It was a ridiculous ruling (unjust), because it usually takes more than a month to have an estate executor appointed in Tennessee, which is the first thing any lawyer would have to do to be able to collect records and file suit. Judge Batten dismissed our fraud case in USDC which was filed under the diversity rule. Since the case was in USDC based on a lie (no Cochran Firm in Georgia, the ruling is void). See more that happened in USDC by Googling "Cochran Firm Fraud."
15. June 2010 - I picketed at the Cochran Firm's Atlanta office at 127 Peachtree Street. I told people about The Cochran Firm having itself declared nonexistent in Georgia Superior Court in 2006 to dodge facing a jury for defrauding the Neal family regarding http://wrongfuldeathoflarryneal.com/ - but six months later undertaking representation of Kathryn Johnston's family. Two Atlanta police officers violated my First Amendment rights by forcing me to leave from the front of The Cochran Firm's office. Atlanta police would not allow me to tell the public how The Cochran Firm had defrauded the Neals to protect Memphis police from Larry Neal's wrongful death lawsuit and that the firm was likely defrauding Kathryn Johnston's family for the Atlanta Police Department.
16. 8/13/10 - ALL of my computer input is monitored and frequently censored. I wrote an email publishing plans to picket The Cochran Firm for defrauding minorities at Morehouse College, Spellman College, Clark College, and Georgia State University on 8/17/10 - which is the first day of school for some of the colleges. Although the news media is "down" with helping The Cochran Firm defraud minorities by refusing to report on these issues, I know that America's youth care about injustice and would be as shocked as I was to learn that some attorneys, U.S. Government officials, and courts engage in conspiracies to help police get away with murdering citizens like Larry Neal and Kathryn Johnston. I expected the students to help me demand that Kathryn Johnston's family be treated justly. I also hoped the students would help protest the denial of justice and open disclosure about my brother's murder. There is still a huge cover-up about his death from Memphis to Atlanta to Washington, DC.
17. 8/16/10 - News reports announced that Kathryn Johnston's civil action case had been settled.
Dozier et al. v. City of Atlanta, et al. United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia Civil Action No. 1:08-CV-0007-MHS
USDC Docket Item #1 - Filing Form says case was "removed from Georgia Superior Court, Fulton County." Exhibit "A" is the Plaintiffs' Complaint that was supposedly removed to USDC from Superior Court. It had no Superior Court civil action number, but it had a Lexis Nexus e-file number: 17329342 at 9:07 a.m. on 11/21/07.
Problem No. 1 - Georgia Superior Court does no e-filing. All pleadings must be submitted as original documents.
Problem No. 2 - Georgia Superior Court has NO record of Dozier v. City of Atlanta ever being filed there. This was checked by five people in the Clerk's office, including supervisors. Just to be sure there was no mistake, I checked for Dozier v. City of Atlanta in the State Court, also. No Dozier v. City of Atlanta was in State Court records, either. That filing NEVER HAPPENED, therefore it could not have been "removed" to USDC. A lawsuit has to begin with a Complaint properly filed in a court of law with proper jurisdiction over the case. The defendants must then be served copies of the lawsuit within 30 days of the day it was filed in court. Otherwise, the lawsuit is VOID. The Kathryn Johnston lawsuit never happened.
The Cochran Firm reported it had filed a lawsuit against Atlanta Police for the Johnston's estate on November 21, 2007, but the lawyers were lying. They did the same thing to our family to prevent the Neals from recovering damages after the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal. The Cochran Firm signed contract with the Neals under an undisclosed conflict of interest and then wrote us lying letters about legal work that the firm never did. This fraud went on almost 11months - until it was too late for us to get honest attorneys (Tennessee's statute of limitations on wrongful death is only 12 months). The difference between Memphis officials and Atlanta officials is that Atlanta officials offered the family a settlement for Johnston's wrongful death, but Memphis still hides behind The Cochran Firm fraud and the DOJ, which protects murderous police by refusing to release any records on Larry's murder, allowing the jail to enter perjury in federal court regarding the jail's release from federal overview, and refusing to investigate Larry's murder like it did Michael Vick's dogs' deaths. Dog abuse is deemed to be more important than murdered black American citizens. . I thank Atlanta officials who offered Kathryn Johnston's family $4.9 million settlement. Although any Atlanta jury would have paid the family more, I always knew The Cochran Firm would not take the case before a jury. Ms. Dozier seemed satisfied with the settlement on the newscasts I saw. I am glad for her family to find closure at last.
I congratulate the students at Morehouse College, Clark College, Spellman College, and Georgia State University. I believe that announcing my plans to picket on sidewalks by those schools to notify students about the Johnston family being defrauded by The Cochran Firm influenced the case being settled immediately before fall classes started.
Today I called numerous lawyers to ask that they contact Sarah Dozier and let her know Kathryn Johnston's estate was defrauded of $13.1 million by The Cochran Firm working with defendants behind her back. Any jury convened in Atlanta would have awarded Johnston's estate the entire $18 million demand that The Cochran Firm pretended to seek. Interested attorneys should try to contact Sarah C. Dozier, who may not yet know about the fraud. Attorneys are also invited to call me regarding The Cochran Firm conspiring with authorities to prevent my family from recovering damages after the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal. Information is at this link:
PRAY FOR MY FAMILY AND ME. I am persecuted, censored, and stalked for standing for justice. "They" do not want the American public to know that law firms are being used to defraud citizens after police violence. They do not want people to know how censorship is done to contain Internet messages about justice and human rights. My home is surrounded by people living in houses that are registered in the Tax Assessor's office as "9- public utility - gov." I have been followed by government vehicles and denied 911 police services when accosted. Someone takes over my home computers and puts them on an illegal workgroup domain over which I am not the administrator in order to monitor and control my Internet input. After cheating my family of our righteous judgment after Larry's murder and denying us justice against The Cochran Firm's fraud, people now destroy my online job applications and prevent my communicating with potential employers by Internet or telephone. Our phone is tapped, and incoming and outgoing calls are frequently blocked. Like Paul Revere, I want to warn you, "The NWO is here - not coming, but here already."
There seems to be a plot against Americans getting due process of law after death-by-police, particularly African Americans. COCHRAN FIRM FRAUD CONTINUES UNCHECKED BY THE COURTS was deleted altogether. I expect to eventually file a lawsuit for my free speech and free press rights and for my stolen creative product. The Care2 cyberstalker frequently uses repeating text, disappearing text, small fonts, large gaps in data, etc., to prevent your reading my Sharebook shares. Ignore all of that and read to the end of where your browser will scroll. This news is under intense attack. This article is HIDDEN BEHIND THE IRON CRUTAIN at the link below:
KATHRYN JOHNSTON MURDER:Atlanta Police Refuse to Release Records
Guess which judge "just happens" to be presiding over the case of whether Atlanta Police must release its records? JUDGE WENDY SHOOB, the same judge who dismissed the Neals v. The Cochran Firm case, saying the law firm had no Georgia office. Guess what lawyers were/are representing Ms. Johnston's family against the City of Atlanta for Kathryn Johnston's murder? The Johnnie Cochran Firm.
Guess which judge "just happens" to be presiding over the case of whether Atlanta Police must release its records? JUDGE WENDY SHOOB, the same judge who dismissed the Neals v. The Cochran Firm case, saying the law firm had no Georgia office. Guess what lawyers were/are representing Ms. Johnston's family against the City of Atlanta for Kathryn Johnston's murder? The Johnnie Cochran Firm.
The interference against my posting this article about Kathryn Johnston murder records was more intense than any since early January when I wrote an article and blog regarding Oscar Grant, the first unarmed black man police killed in 2009. It took hours to post the Oscar Grant article here at NP. At Care2, the cyberstalker only allowed a picture of the young man and a title in my blog after hours of fighting. I left it there like that to show the censorship (too late to remove it -- already have film, printout, and witnesses).
In any case, I am a firm believer that ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL (I would have made that declaration in red if I could have done so.) The Atlanta Citizens Review Board was granted rights to the Ms. Johnston's murder records, so I have no need to fight cyberstalkers over posting this article or plan how to address the records being withheld. The info herein should encourage Judge Shoob to refrain from further work on the Johnston matter. If readers learn anything about the status or final resolution of Ms. Johnston's family's civil action case before this writer does, please share your findings in the comments field below.
I saw no record of the Johnston suit having been filed in Ga Sup. Ct., so I will check USDC. I suppose The Cochran Firm filed suit somewhere, this time. All the news reports say that suit was filed on 11/21/2007, exactly one year after Ms. Johnston was murdered. Of course, mainstream news is what it is. Georgia Superior Court's records search result is below, searching for suit filed any date after 11/21/2006, the date of her murder. Dozier, Sarah Sorry, there were no matches for your inquiry. You may use your browser to back up to the inquiry form and revise your entry or you may return to the search type selection page. ___________
Sarah Dozier was Ms. Johnston's niece, the plaintiff who news reports indicate actually filed the family's lawsuit through The Cochran Firm. Below is a report on the lawsuit by NPR - Public Broadcasting Atlanta. I trust public broadcasting a fraction of an inch more than commercial mainstream news sources, although public media never reported The Cochran Firm Fraud, either (despite my several lengthy telephone interviews with NPR). You will notice that although the police officers broke into the old lady's home and shot her like a rabid dog, the suit did not charge "wrongful death" according to NPR.
ATLANTA, GA (WABE) - Today, exactly one year after 92-year old Kathryn Johnston was shot by Atlanta police in her Neal Street home, her family is suing. The suit claims that Atlanta and its police department encouraged corruption, which led to Johnston's death. Lawyers from the Cochran firm, who represent Johnston's niece in the case, wouldn't specify how much money they'll seek in damages. Attorney Shean Williams says their priority is to stop the violation of citizens' civil rights by a police department he characterized as:
WILLIAMS: A system that had a widespread and persistent practice of allowing and encouraging its officers to violate the constitution and civil rights of its citizens, including Ms. Johnston, in order to meet illegal, mandatory performance quotas. The suit also claims that the City failed to hold APD accountable for its actions, and to provide adequate training. Johnston was killed in a botched drug raid on her home. Two former officers are due to report to jail in the coming weeks, and a third has been indicted. _________
So there we have it: a negligence lawsuit, reportedly, not wrongful death. See what I mean? That is a minor allegation for breaking and entering and murder.
1) The case is listed as "tort/negligence." My coversheet names "Tort - malpractice/fraud." FRAUD is a designation that neither Georgia Superior Court nor USDC would acknowledge for the Neal's lawsuit. When plaintiffs pay hundreds of dollars to file suit, one would think the courts would not edit plaintiff's charges, but both courts did in The Cochran Firm Fraud. Have you ever seen me refer to this other than as a "fraud" matter? But I suppose that word is too strong and very simple to prove in our case, so the powers that be decided the Neals could not use it. Who ever heard of someone's lawsuit being censored? Are there any judges who will not give the indication of working with or for these people? If so, I hope the Neals get one next time.
2) The Cochran Firm's lawyers are not listed on our docket. I cannot blame them for wanting to remain incognito after helping to dog out an 80-year-old grieving mom by putting forward perjury in court. They are Carlyle, Copeland, Semlar & Stair, with Mr. Stair a lead attorney. I have to check for accuracy against my records. We were notified about "lost" pleadings. Ironically, the Fulton County Superior Court Clerk was able to retire after Neals v. The Cochran Firm - young, too. The Clerk's office (a) assigns judges and (2) handles the court's file. (We wound up with Judge Shoob, likely the only judge on the GA Sup. Ct. with a prior history presiding over a wrongful death by Memphis police case, and pleadings supposedly came up "missing" in the Neals v. Cochran Firm matter - although they were hole-punched and secured in the court's file folder and were not able to be viewed without a clerk present. )
Hopefully, suit was really filed for Johnston's survivors. One might expect the news report to name the court where suit was filed, but the ones I read so far do not. At the link below is backgound information on Kathryn Johnston's murder by ReasonOnline.com http://www.reason.com/news/show/123632.html
Original Revised Article - 7/8/09
ATLANTA POLICE HOPE THAT JUDGE SHOOB will rule that they do not have to release records on Kathryn Johnston's murder. Atlanta's Citizens Review Board subpoenaed records related to the police murder of the 92-year-old Atlanta woman. The Board was established after the African American elderly woman was gunned down in her home in the world's worse case of no-knock warrants in November 2006. Obviously, it was not intended for the Citizens Review Board to actually do its job and investigate her murder.
See the excerpt of a report by The Sunday Paper below:
Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 12:36 PM News By Stephanie Ramage The Sunday Paper
The APD released the following statement at 6:11 p.m. today: "The Atlanta Police Department has released information relating to the Kathryn Johnston case to Council Member Felicia Moore pursuant to the June 15, 2009 subpoena on today July 7, 2009. Council Member Felecia Moore will forward all received documents to the Citizens Review Board accordingly.
The Department has released this information pursuant to a subpoena which was applied for by the Citizens Review Board pursuant to City Ordinance and was issued by the Atlanta City Council's Committee on Council accordingly. Despite the release of this information to the Committee on Council and to the Citizen Review Board (which are both entities within City of Atlanta Government) pursuant to subpoena, the documents remain part of an open internal investigation of the Atlanta Police Department, and thus are not subject to disclosure under the Open Records Act."
According to the IBPO's motion for a restraining order, divulgence of such records would result in "irreparable harm" to those under investigation.
"The CRB has requested documents pertinent to a pending investigation simultaneously with investigations being conducted by internal affairs and the district attorney's office," says IBPO attorney David Beall. "What we don't want is partial evidence in the middle of investigation to be made public which could then be used against the subject of the investigation." (See the rest of the article at the link above.)
The news report also states that the CRB must decide whether to hire its own attorney or use one provided by the government. This writer suggests that CRB hire its own lawyers always, and be extra careful about those selected. It is not enough to check credentials and check with the State Bar for complaints or sanctions. In some cases, the State Bars work with the powers that be to prevent disclosure of unethical and even illegal conduct on the part of attorneys. For instance, The Cochran Firm in Atlanta is also known as Cochran Cherry Givens Smith & Sistrunk, P.C. The Firm filed lawsuits under that name and conducted much other legal business for its clients as a "P.C." It had a website with that name, but is not and never was organized in the State of Georgia. No company or law firm can be a "professional corporation" and have a right to wear that suffix without appearing on the Secretary of State's list of corporations.
The identity is bogus, and the Georgia Bar knew and allowed it. Even if the Bar did not check lawyers' credentials enough to know about the hoax, which is shameful, it knows now. Yet, it is doubtful that The Cochran Firm was censured for that false representation which was carried forward to the public and the firm's clients for years before this writer exposed The Cochran Firm Fraud. Furthermore, it is doubtful that the State of Georgia censured the law firm, although if I put "M.D." behind my name and began treating patients, I would be fined and arrested.
Therefore, the CRB and any citizens review board must be careful about the attorneys they choose and conduct thorough checks beyond the usual, because governmental authorities collude to deny due process of law when citizens are abused or killed by police officers, and the collusion involves many parties.
The Atlanta Police Department demands its records on the Kathryn Johnston murder back from the CRB, saying that they should not have been released due to active investigations. I believe if Atlanta PD really had other officers under investigation regarding Ms. Johnston’s murder, suspects would have already either been cleared or arrested. Now that the Atlanta Citizens Review Board has the police records, Atlanta PD suddenly reports an ongoing investigation. It has been over 2.5 years since Ms. Johnston's murder. If investigations took that long to either prosecute or clear suspects, the jails would be empty and prison profiteers would be mad. Perhaps this was said because Atlanta PD recognized that by reading the records, the CRB would see evidence that some other officers certainly deserve investigation and criminal prosecution.
JUDGE WENDY SHOOB IS TO PRESIDE OVER THE HEARING FOR A MOTION FILED BY THE POLICE TO KEEP HIDING MS. KATHRYN JOHNSTON'S RECORDS
Larry Neal's and Kathryn Johnston's deaths were both caused by police. Both were African Americans whose families contracted with The Cochran Firm as their wrongful death attorneys. The Cochran Firm tricked my 80-year-old grieving mother into a contract they never intended to honor by doing any legal services. The farce continued for nearly a year until I asked to see our file. When the firm could produce zero work done and we discovered the attorneys were actually working FOR the jail against us to prevent our lawsuit, the Neals sued The Cochran Firm for fraud.
Shoob is the same judge who presided over the case of Neals v. The Cochran Firm in Georgia Superior Court. Judge Shoob dismissed the Neals' fraud case against The Cochran Firm, saying the law firm did not exist in Georgia. Why is she still on the bench? http://wrongfuldeathoflarryneal.com
The plan was probably to have Shoob as the judge for Johston's civil action suit, too. Police and courts and The Cochran Firm seemingly had it all together working against justice regarding black citizens being murdered by police. Reporter Ramage believes that Judge Shoob should recuse herself, but the reporter has no idea of the main reason why Shoob should do so, thanks in large part to censorship by Cox Enterprises, Inc. and other mainstream media. See Ramage's article excerpt below.
WHY JUDGE SHOOB SHOULD RECUSE HERSELF FROM CRB HEARING Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 8:54 PM News, Opinion, Politics By Stephanie Ramage
Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m., Fulton County Superior Court Judge Wendy Shoob is scheduled to preside over a hearing for a motion filed by the International Brotherhood of Police Officers against the Citizen Review Board to stop the board from having access to documents related to ongoing investigations of crimes involving police officers.
Shoob should recuse herself. She's a member of the League of Women Voters, and the president of the League of Women Voters serves on the CRB. While membership in the league is common among women in the legal community, in this particular case it casts doubt on Shoob’s impartiality.
RECUSE YOURSELF, JUDGE SHOOB, BECAUSE I WILL CALL THE CITIZENS REVIEW BOARD FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. YOU WILL NOT PREVENT JUSTICE IN ANOTHER CASE OF BLACK CITIZENS KILLED BY POLICE AND I KNOW ABOUT IT, SO RECUSE YOURSELF. BEAT ME TO THE PHONE! IF YOU DO NOT RECUSE YOURSELF, THIS WILL BE EXPOSED AND WE WILL PROTEST OUTSIDE THAT GEROGIA SUPERIOR COURT. "SUPERIOR" TO WHAT, I WONDER?
Superior to my mother, I suppose, who continues to have nightmares about the possible scenarios under which Larry Neal may have died at the hand of Memphis police, thanks to your ignoring The Cochran Firm office, just spitting distance from your office. Thanks to you and others, we still do not have records of how police killed Larry. Now you are selected to preside over records for Ms. Johnston's police murder, another Cochran Firm client.
How did you get to be our judge? Of all the judges on Georgia Superior Court, how did Neals v. Cochran Firm get assigned the only judge who had a prior history judging wrongful death cases against Memphis Police Department? I have the picture of you and Memphis police officers hugging after you refused to admit certain key evidence by the prosecutors in a case wherein Memphis officers shot a citizen at a red light. The venue of that Tennessee case was transferred to Georgia to your court due to public outrage in Memphis. I doubt if there were ever more than those two cases filed in Georgia courts involving death by Memphis police - and you just happened to get them both. You and police are great friends, right? Especially when officers have to go to court after murders of black citizens.
The Rules of Court say that the Superior Court judges are selected for cases by lottery process. How did Shoob wind up presiding over Neals v. The Cochran Firm involving misconduct by the Memphis Police Department and Shelby County Jail? Now she is selected to preside over the Kathryn Johnston records dispute case, and both case have a common denominator, The Cochran Firm Fraud. These are too many coincidences. RECUSE YOURSELF, JUDGE SHOOB. Keep it neat. With all of these cars and the US DOT truck following me in 2008 before I became a recluse for security, I would prefer not to have to come to Superior Court in the morning to protest what is planned for Ms. Johnston's case. But if needed, then I will, and I will not be alone. Secrets cannot stay secrets forever.
The game is up, Atlanta Police. Do the right thing and give up the records. Officials should be fair about citizens' deaths by police, regardless of possible inducements, because wrongdoing cannot be kept quiet forever. If you try to set up a particular judge to impede justice and open disclosure regarding Ms. Johnston, don't count on The Cochran Firm to diffuse tensions again like their "representation" of her survivors did in November 2006. Over 100,000 people know about The Cochran Firm Fraud. Therefore, that law firm no longer has its previous power in the black community, and its influence will only dissipate further as each one tells one. Try justice - it works.
COVERING UP A MURDER COVER-UP IS MORE TROUBLE THAN YOU MIGHT THINK. ASK THOSE LAWYERS. IF YOU ARE A PART OF THE JOHNSTON MURDER COVER-UP, JUST RESIGN. IT IS ALL COMING OUT EVENTUALLY.
The story they are hiding and keeping out of the news is at this link:
This writer has two or three questions the Citizens Review Board should put to Atlanta Police Department:
1) Since it has been established that there was NO tip that drugs were in Ms. Johnston's home, and the man the murderous officers hoped would tell that lie instead went to the press and FBI and exposed their plan, EXACTLY WHY WERE THE POLICE AT MS. JOHNSTON'S HOME? WERE THEY REALLY THERE TO ROB HER? DID THEY SHOOT AND ROB HER?
2) The three officers who were tried and convicted for Ms. Johnston's murder were ordered to pay the family $8,000 in restitution for her funeral expenses. Since Ms. Johnston's survivors were represented in a civil action against the City of Atlanta by the duplicitous (Johnnie) Cochran Firm, did they or will they also get damages in their civil action?
The civil suit regarding Ms. Johnston's murder was also filed in Georgia Superior Court. This is the same court that had done The Cochran Firm the huge FAVOR of declaring the firm's Georgia office NONEXISTENT to dismiss Neals v. The Cochran Firm fraud lawsuit just six months before Ms. Johnston's death. Therefore, it might be hard for this law firm to return to Georgia Superior Court and flex its muscles for the bereaved relatives of any police murder victim. The law firm likely never intended to act in the bereaved family's behalf, anyway.
As victims of The Cochran Firm Fraud, the Neals tried to warn Ms. Johnston's family about the probable intent of The Cochran Firm to work with the court and police officials to minimize the damages survivors received regarding Ms. Johnston's murder by police. In our case, the lawyers prevented any damages being paid. The Neals arranged contract with The Cochran Firm on the same day that police notified the family about Larry Neal's death; therefore, the powers that be were able to keep Larry's death-by-police out of the news altogether, unlike Ms. Johnston's death.
Release of records regarding Larry's demise is also a problem. The Cochran Firm had subpoenaed no records about Larry's death from the jail, of course. From reading about the huge controversy over records in Ms. Johnston's case, it seems a safe assumption that The Cochran Firm did not subpoena records regarding Ms. Johnston’s murder, either. Hiding records of police murder is so important to authorities that regardless of sunshine laws and despite Larry's family asking authorities for records and filing two lawsuits against The Cochran Firm for fraud, the Neal family still has no records related to Larry's demise beyond a death certificate and partial autopsy report. All requests to a myriad of officials for accountability have been refused or ignored for six years.
When people of color contract with The Johnnie Cochran Firm and probably other specifically chosen law firms after loved ones are murdered by police officers or jail and prison guards, there is apparently the expectation that full accountability will never be required. When such a case goes to court, there are sometimes special judges in place. Consider the Ohio judge who ordered Dr. Kohler, Summit County Chief Medial Examiner, to remove her findings of death by Taser from her medial reports for three citizens who were killed by police. Dr. Kohler felt that she should not be dictated by a judge with no medical credentials as to what could be on her medical examiner's reports, but his Order was upheld in April by Ohio Court of Appeals. Suppressing justice after wrongful deaths by police has support in the judiciary, probably engendered by monetary inducements like the Pennsylvania judges who were caught channeling children into private prisons for $2.6 million in kickbacks. See the Ohio court news story at this link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ohio-Court-of-Appeals-Affirms-pz-14826061.html After Judge Shoob gave The Cochran Firm an order granting it nonexistence in Georgia to dodge the Neals' lawsuit, the Neals filed suit against the firm in USDC under the Diversity Rule. Judge Timothy Batten of USDC ruled that everything the law firm had done to prevent its clients' lawsuit against the Shelby County Jail was "immaterial." Protecting police officers, jails, and prisons regarding abuse of power goes even higher than city and state governments or judges. Otherwise, the practice would end.
This writer wishes the Atlanta Citizen Review Board luck regarding police records related to Ms. Johnston's death. So far, the Neals are still on our Justice Quest regarding the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal nearly six years later. All citizen review boards face an uphill battle and powerful foes in their quest to access records and evaluate abuse of power allegations against police, unless they join the opposition against justice. The federal government spent $36,248,000,000 on criminal justice in 2006, while local governments spent $109,205,351,000 (totaling over $145 billion in just one year). Hundreds of millions more are earned each year through prison work projects. Crime and punishment is therefore one of America’s most lucrative industries, with substantial resources to induce judges and citizen review board members to misuse their positions to defeat any judicious investigations or lawsuits that threaten the bottom line. One online friend who is a bank teller reported that a judge deposits $8,000 cash into her personal account each month like clockwork. Like the corrupt Pennsylvania judges, she likely has a quota that she is filling and may even earn bonuses for certain rulings. Only moral people should be in powerful positions in the justice arena, not those who have already given evidence of their corruption.
NOTE: Due to much censorship, Larry's murder and The Cochran Firm Fraud have never been exposed in mainstream media. I hope The Sunday Paper, which carried the news reports above, is not owned by Cox Enterprises, Inc. That media giant was allowed to IGNORE the Neal's federal subpoena issued in the USDC case against The Cochran Firm for breach of contract. The Neals subpoenaed records from Cox Enterprises regarding The Cochran Firm's advertising of its Atlanta office by Cox Enterprises in various media, including the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Channel 2 - WSB Atlanta, and other media. Judge Timothy Batten, of USDC, denied the Neals' motion to compel Cox to release the records of advertising that reaches millions of Georgians for the Atlanta office of The Johnnie Cochran Firm, which represented in Georgia Superior Court that it was no such thing. Judge Batten also allowed Shelby County Jail to ignore subpoenas for release of records on Larry. Yet, Georgia Superior Court sentenced two teenage black boys to 10 years imprisonment for killing a puppy, and authorities investigated, prosecuted, incarcerated, and bankrupted Michael Vick over his dogs. Dogs are deemed more worthwhile in America than black men. http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/dog-justice-mary-neal
I will attempt to contact Ms. Ramage about this matter. Reporters should always have an avenue for the public to reach them other than through their employer. ALL REPORTERS SHOULD JOIN FACEBOOK OR MYSPACE so that the public can send them information their employers may be censoring. Their editors reject any news the owners are censoring, but at least the mainstream reporters would have the information if they provide an avenue for independent contact.
No holes are barred when it comes to containing information pertinent to the secret arrest and wrongful death of Larry Neal and The Cochran Firm Fraud in mainstream news. This is probably because of the connection Larry's death has with former attorney general Gonzales' tenure over the USDOJ. See more in articles written by this writer at http://NowPublic.com/duo
*************************************** Recognizing how corrupt our "justice" system is, I advocate for condemned man, Troy Anthony Davis. His petitions for a new trial have repeatedly been rejected by Georgia "Superior" Court. Superior to what? Black citizens is my guess.
I sent a version of this article via email to the USDOJ. Like it or not, that is the highest authority we have in America for justice. The USDOJ should address this and other attempts to thwart justice for African Americans by withholding police records after African Americans are murdered by police officers, although the Neal family is still waiting. There should be a review of other death-by-police cases with black or brown victims, particularly those handled by The Cochran Firm since Johnnie Cochran's death. Listen to the plan to give African Americans substandard service from one of the firm's own attorneys who sued them for race discrimination: www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12171473.
This writer has been on a justice quest regarding the secret arrest and wrongful death of her handicapped brother since learning that the attorneys her family entrusted with the matter were actually working for the jail. Despite being followed, accosted at a neighborhood stores and denied police intervention when 911 was called, subjected to cyberterrorism and much censorship, she writes about this and other justice issues. See some of the articles at http://NowPublic.com/duo
Your feedback is invited in the rich text comment field below.
Mama's Day Cards You
Won't Find at the
a group of artis...
The largest genocide in
human history happened
where? Most people would
answer Germany, and the
Actually though, the
largest genocide happened
in the USA, with the
native American Indians,
with estimates of 19
million to 100 millio...
Radiation Study; Tokyo
Hayno, R.S., et al
of Adults and Children 7
to 20 Months After the
Fukushima NPP Accident as
Measured by Extensive
Surveys, Proc. Jpn....
accumulates in water
supplies after nuclear
bioconcentrates in fish
that live in fresh water
and salt water. Runoff of
fresh water from land
which has been
contaminated ends up
contaminating oceans, and
66 Atomic Bombs were
exploded on the Bikini
Island Atolls. Hundreds
of islanders were removed
from the islands, but not
from harms way. One
hydrogen bomb exploded
near the islands, and the
children played with the
dust from the bomb, as it
"Under our current law,
a suspected terrorist on
the FBI's No-Fly List
can't board an airplane
-- but they can still
legally purchase guns and
This loophole, known
Germany added more
solar panels in one
month, than the US did in
ONE YEAR. Nearly 1/3 of
Germany power output is
handled by bottoms up
solar energy during the
middle of the day. The
transition to a 100%
renewable energy nation
is in process. T...
According to the Old
Testament, which defines
all of the 'rules' of
traditional marriage, the
above examples are all of
the ways that couples can
What is the
bailing out or helping
people at the bottom, or
giving corporate welfare
to the top 1%? The
example of Iceland,
compared to the US,
provides us with a good
"Nobel prize winning
Visit NBCNews.com for
breaking news, world
news, and news about the
From the video above;
"the gun lobby and its
allies willfully lied
about the bill. They
claimed that it would
create some sort of big
brother gun registry,
even though th...