May 22, 2009
Energy Healing and Cell Signaling
by Dr. Theresa M. Kelly
Cell signaling is a complex system of communication that regulates basic cellular activities and organizes cell actions. The cells ability to interpret and correctly respond to their microenvironment is the foundation of development, repair and potential enhancement. Errors in cellular information processing result in diseases and ailments that are potentially curable through Biokinetic Manipulation, or energy healing. However, modern scientists still poorly understand the architectural organization of the nucleus and still strive to develop therapies to treat these errors. The energy healer enlists their own natural electromagnetic radiation to transmit instructions to a class of proteins known as receptors that are then received by the cells. The cell then communicates with other cells with relative types via direct contact over short distances via cell-cell contact or over large distances and/or scales via gap junctions.
Intercellular signaling is subdivided into the following classifications:
- Endocrine Signals - Produced by endocrine cells, travel through the blood and reach all parts of the body.
- Paracrine Signals - Target only local cells such as neurotransmitters.
- Autocrine Signals - Affect same cell types as the emitting cell such as immune cells.
- Juxtacrine Signals - Transmitted along cell membranes via protein or lipid components integral to the membrane and are capable of affecting either the emitting cell or cells in the immediate vicinity.
Just as signal components in signal transduction can be shared between different signal pathways and responses to a signal inducing condition, such as stress, (physical or mental), so to can an energy healer or biokinetic, activate multiple beneficial responses in our cells. The probability of successful therapy or curability is based on the energy healers education and understanding of that education regarding molecular biology. Those who are well versed in this area of science have an elevated probability of performing beneficial therapies. Those who are uneducated of crucial biological processes are practicing with blind faith that results in a substantially higher probability to do more harm than good.
- Kathy Liszewski (May 2009) "Decoding Cell Communication." Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, Volume 29, Number 10
- Witzany, G.111 (2000). Life: The Communicative Structure. Norderstedt, Libri BoD.
- I. Greenwald (1998) Genes in Development Volume 12, pages 1751-1762. Entrez Pubmed 9637676
- University of Virginia - Histology of the Endocrine Glands
Buy In-Depth Publications
To purchase in-depth publications in an array of subjects relative to this article by Dr. Theresa M. Kelly, please visit our online store. Help keep QP free and active by purchasing a publication today!
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.
Shares by Type:
Showing shares tagged with:
, visual more
|SHARES FROM THERESA'S NETWORK