Nov 28, 2006
Trampolines are safe for recreational use under proper adult guidance and supervision. Trampolines should be used in accordance with the prescribed trampoline safety rules and guidelines. Mentioned below are some safety precautions for trampolines which can help prevent serious trampoline injuries.
· Do not attempt somersaults. Serious injuries, paralysis or death may result.
· Do not allow more than one person on the trampoline at a time. Most accidents occur when two or more use the trampoline at the same time.
· Do not jump without mature, knowledgeable supervision, or without "spotters"
· To prevent access to the trampoline by toddlers, or the infirm; Do not allow the use of a ladder or step stool to mount / dismount the trampoline.
· Climb on and climb off the trampoline. Do not jump from trampoline to the ground as serious injuries may occur.
· Do not use trampoline when under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other medication.
· Do not jump without the permission and knowledge of owner.
· Do not use the trampoline as a springboard to another object or surface.
· Do not wear jewelry while jumping. Remove sharp objects from pockets.
· Inspect for worn or missing parts before jumping is allowed.
· Respect your physical limitations. Do not jump if you are pregnant, or have circulatory ailments. Do not jump if you tired or short of breath.
· Focus your eyes on the edge of the trampoline. This will help keep your balance adjusted to the center of the mat.
· Avoid bouncing too high. To stop your bounce, flex or bend your knees as your feet come in contact with the trampoline.
· Keep objects away that could interfere with jumper.
· Place trampoline on a level surface. Do not place on concrete, asphalt, compacted day or other hard surfaces.
· Weight limitation is 200 lbs.
· For further information on equipment, contact the manufacturer.
· For skills training information, contact a trainer certification organization So, never let a child use a trampoline without adult supervision and never let more than one person jump at a time. Following the trampoline rules and safety guidelines will offer you and your family a whole new world of fun and healthy exercise. Where can I find more information on trampoline safety?
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Information and Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia 20207-0001
Trampoline Pro Shop
1321 East Franklin Street
Hartwell, GA 30643
Nov 28, 2006
The benefits of trampolines are endless. Irrespective of the level of skill involved in bouncing, anybody who undertakes trampolining as an exercise regularly benefits in different ways. The health benefits of trampoline exercises are strong enough to make people undertake this form of exercise.
Some of the health benefits of trampolines are as below :
- It’s an easy and healthy way to work muscles, increase heart rate and flexibility, and improve reflexes.
- It develops/maintains your body balance and physical fitness.
- By fires obesity and promises good health. (by just exercising 25-30 minutes everyday)
- It strengthens the body muscles, ligaments, tendons around the joint, and improves body movement, thereby reducing the risk of arthritis.
- It has a positive impact on various other things such as body posture, lung capacity, vision and self confidence.
Trampolines ensure overall body fitness by keeping you healthy and improve lifestyle in general. It is an excellent exercising tool for any age group and source of amusement for anytime. Being an aerobic form of exercising it enhances body fluid circulation, improves digestive system and keeps you fit.
Trampoline Pro Shop is a leading supplier of trampolines, trampoline pads, trampoline mats, trampoline springs, trampoline weather covers, and other trampoline parts and accessories.For more information on our products and services please visit our product pages or call us at 800-586-7456 to speak to one of our customer service representatives.
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.
Shares by Type:
Showing shares tagged with:
|SHARES FROM JAMES'S NETWORK