* 2 medium onions, chopped
* 3/4 cup olive oil
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
* 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, crumbled or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
* Salt and pepper
* 2 medium eggplants
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Saute the onions in a little oil.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook until it comes together as a very thick stew (no liquid). Stir in mint.
4. Cut the stem ends from each eggplant and cut eggplants in half lengthwise.
5. Make 3 lengthwise slits, almost from end to end, cutting into the flesh about 1 inch deep.
6. Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
7. Add the eggplant, cut side down, and fry gently, until dark golden-brown on cut side.
8. Turn over and fry on skin side a couple more minutes.
9. Remove from oil (most of it will have been absorbed) and place on paper towels to drain for atleast 15 minutes before proceeding with recipe (this gets rid of most of the oil- you can omit the frying step to cut calories and save time, but you will NOT have the same flavourful results, and the recipe will not be as authentic).
10. Preheat oven to 350°F.
11. Hold each slit apart and spoon the vegetable mixture into each cavity.
12. Arrange eggplants in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
13. Sprinkle with sugar, lemon juice, and drizzle with the remaining oil.
14. Bake for 40 minutes, or until tender.
15. Serve with lots of crisp bread.
‘Duty of care and
responsibility of owners
to be tested in landmark
Today at a preliminary
hearing at Corby
Magistrates Court, Bobby
and Moira Roberts pleaded
not guilty to offences
Message from: Danica
President - is as
Winter is approaching
fast, it is getting
colder and colder every
day and this chilly, wet
weather affects almost
all of my kitties so they
are getting sick more
Researcher and Member of
FNPA in Romania18 October
Yesterday, PL 912 on the
management of stray dogs
has been debated in the
Chamber of Deputies and
the form containing