Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Its the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both
2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? what tree
4. When do you take the tree down? same as #3
5. Do you like eggnog? with lots of rum
6. What was the best gift received as a child? a rubber train -- dated myself
7. Hardest person to buy for? BUY? buy??? my husband
8. Easiest person to buy for? grandchildren
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? email
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a doll -- was a tomboy as a child
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? it's a wonderful life and miracle on 34st
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? january
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? all of it
16. Lights on the tree? yes
17. Favorite Christmas song? silent night in sign language
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? yes
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet cupid, donder, blitzen and rudulph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? eve & afternoon -- am at veterns' hospital
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? shopper
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? dolphin
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? homemade cranberry sauce
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? health, peace, love, wealth for family & friends
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? don't know
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? same as #27
1. PULL YOUR DROOPY PANTS UP. YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT.
2. TURN YOUR CAP RIGHT, YOUR HEAD ISN'T CROOKED.
3. LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT; IT'S CALLED A 'DIRT ROAD.' NO MATTER hOW SLOW YOU DRIVE, YOU'RE GOING TO GET DUST ON YOUR LEXUS. DRIVE IT OR GET OUT OF THE WAY. 4. THEY ARE CATTLE. THEY'RE LIVE STEAKS. THAT'S WHY THEY SMELL FUNNY TO YOU, GET OVER IT. DON'T LIKE IT? I-80 and I-70 GO EAST AND WEST, I-81 and I-79 GO NORTH AND SOUTH. PICK ONE.
5. SO YOU HAVE A $60,000 CAR. WE'RE IMPRESSED. WE HAVE $150,000 CORN PICKERS AND HAY BALERS THAT ARE DRIVEN ONLY 3 WEEKS A YEAR.
6. SO EVERY PERSON IN RURAL PENNSYLVANIA WAVES. WE THINK OF IT AS BEING FRIENDLY. TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT.
7. IF THAT CELL PHONE RINGS WHILE AN 8-POINT BUCK AND 3 DOES ARE COMING IN, WE WILL SHOOT IT OUT OF YOUR HAND. YOU BETTER HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE IT UP TO YOUR EAR AT THE TIME.
8. YEAH, WE EAT TATERS & GRAVY, BEANS & CORNBREAD. WE FRY OUR FISH AFTER 'CATCH IN' 'EM'. YOU REALLY WANT SUSHI & CAVIAR? IT'S AVAILABLE AT THE CORNER BAIT SHOP.
9. THE 'OPENER' REFERS TO THE FIRST DAY OF DEER SEASON. IT'S A RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY HELD ON THE MONDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING.
10. WE OPEN DOORS FOR WOMEN. THAT IS APPLIED TO ALL WOMEN, REGARDLESS OF AGE.
11. NO, THERE'S NO 'VEGETARIAN SPECIAL' ON THE MENU. ORDER STEAK.OR YOU CAN ORDER THE CHEF'S SALAD AND PICK OFF THE 2 POUNDS OF HAM & TURKEY.
12. WHEN WE FILL OUT A TABLE, THERE ARE THREE MAIN DISHES: MEATS (INCLUDES FISH), VEGETABLES, AND BREADS. WE USE FOUR SPICES: SALT, PEPPER ,HOT SAUCE AND KETCHUP. OH, YEAH...WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU FOLKS IN JERSEY CALLTHAT STUFF YOU EAT...IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!!!
13. YOU BRING 'COKE' INTO MY HOUSE, IT BETTER BE BROWN, WET AND SERVED OVER ICE.
14. YOU BRING 'MARY JANE' INTO MY HOUSE, SHE BETTER BE CUTE, KNOW HOW TO SHOOT, AND HAVE LONG HAIR.
15. COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS AS IMPORTANT HERE AS THE EAGLES AND THE STEELERS, AND A DANG SITE MORE FUN TO WATCH.
16. YEAH, WE HAVE GOLF COURSES. BUT DON'T HIT THE WATER HAZARDS---IT SPOOKS THE FISH.
17. COLLEGES? WE HAVE THEM ALL OVER. WE HAVE STATE UNIVERSITIES, COMMUNITY COLLEGES, AND VO-TECHS. THEY COME OUTTA THERE WITH AN EDUCATION PLUS A LOVE FOR GOD AND COUNTRY, AND THEY STILL WAVE AT EVERYBODY WHEN THEY COME FOR THE HOLIDAYS.
18. WE HAVE A WHOLE TON OF FOLKS IN THE ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, AND MARINES. SO DON'T MESS WITH US. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL GET WHIPPED BY THE BEST.
19. TURN DOWN THAT BLASTED CAR STEREO! THAT THUMPITY-THUMP CRAP. AIN'T MUSIC, ANYWAY. WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE THAN WE WANT TO SEE YOUR BOXERS. REFER BACK TO #1.
20. 4 INCHES ISN'T A BLIZZARD-IT'S A FLURRY. DRIVE LIKE YOU GOT SOME SENSE IN IT, AND DON'T TAKE ALL OUR BREAD, MILK, AND TOILET PAPER FROM THE GROCERY STORES. THIS AIN'T ALASKA, WORST CASE, YOU MAY HAVE TO LIVE A WHOLE DAY WITHOUT CROISSANTS. THE PICKUPS WITH SNOW BLADES WILL HAVE YOU OUT THE NEXT DAY.
Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Some of their houses will be bigger. Some will drive a better car. Their children will do better in school. And their husband will fix more things around the house. So let it go, and love you and your circumstances. Think about it! The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. And the most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children. And the richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes~~~~ might be lonely. And the word says, "If I have not Love, I am nothing." So, again, love you. Love who you are. Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say, "I am too Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed, to be Disappointed!" "Winners make things happen~~ Losers let things happen." Be "Blessed" Ladies~~~~~ and pass this on to encourage another woman. "To the world you might be one person, but to the one person you just sent this to, it could mean so much." SEND THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE WOMEN ~~ I JUST DID !
This the time of year that I have a love/hate affair with.
Let me begin with the hate:
I suffer depression on a daily basis and when I start thinking of my loved ones (animals, friends and family) who will not be here on a physically, my depression gets worse.
To make it interesting, I am also an empath (can feel another person feels hurt), I pick on the waves of emotion of pain, sorrow, etc that others are feeling.
Now to make it more interesting, as being an empath sometimes very loud conscious and subconscious thought come through while I am shopping at the malls and outlets. It gets to the point that I have to leave the store in tears.
For the love:
Peace, Joy, Happiness.
The music -- old and new holiday songs.
Celebrating the holiday with family and friends along with their pets -- At the moment I live in a "no pet" apartment.
The best thing that i enjoy for this season is giving without reprocussion from everyone. My favorite thing to do is -- when my husband and I give up our Christmas morning to spend it at our local VA hospital as Mr and Mrs Clause. The Veterans who have to spend the holiday in the hospital love getting a visit from the Clause.
I hope that each of you will find time to something special for someone.
Why do I always have to be the one that starts to do laundry and there's no detergent? I guess it was time for me to do my "Dollar Store" run, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags and Clorox.
So off I go. I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies, and headed for the checkout counter only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man that appeared to be about sixteen-years-old.
I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently waited for the boy to realize that I was there.
This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared in a loud voice, "Mommy, I'm over here." It was obvious now, he was mentally challenged, and also startled as he turned and saw me standing so close to him, waiting to squeeze by.
His eyes widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, "Hey Buddy, what's your name?"
"My name is Denny and I'm shopping with my mother," he responded proudly.
"I wish my name was Denny but my name is Hal."
"Hal like Halloween?" he asked.
"Yes," I answered. "How old are you Denny?"
"How old am I now Mommy?" he asked his mother as she slowly came over from the next aisle.
"You're fifteen-years-old Denny. Now be a good boy and let the man pass by."
I acknowledged her and continued to talk to Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school. I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement because, He was the center of someone's attention. He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section.
Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking the time to talk with her son. She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less talk to him.
I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something. I have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
I told her that.... "There are plenty of red, yellow and pink roses in God's garden. However.... 'Blue Roses' are very rare and should be appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a 'Blue Rose' and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from God."
She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked, "Who are you?"
Boy, this will bring a tear.
Without thinking I said, "Oh, I'm probably just a 'daffodil or maybe even a dandelion,' but I sure love living in God's garden."
Do not trust this company by any of its names. I repeat DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.
At the end of April, I had purchased through Amazon a 'roll up piano' from this company. I had received an email stating that by May 19 -- I would be in receiving it. May 19th came and still no piano. I notified the Nero Outlet/maadhu_co every day that the piano had not arrived. By the end of May, they answered. According to the emails that we exchanged for about 2 days -- the piano was on back order. They stated that it should take about a week to arrive.
During that week of waiting for the piano -- I had put my mail on hold because I had taken a vacation. When I went to pick up my mail -- NO PACKAGE WITH A PIANO -- there was a package of something else that I had ordered from a snail mail catalog.
I notified Amazon about this problem and under the Amazon A to Z guarentee -- I was refunded my payment.
I will never buy anything from this company at their website or as a vendor on Amazon. I recommend that you do the same and pass this on to others.
My personal opinion of Nero's Outlet/maadhu_co -- this company is a shyster, gryfher or anything that describes a company or person that sells something without delivering the product. I wonder how they are staying in business but then again I guess a lot of people fall for their sweet words of being patients(I didn't).