Seven years ago this New Year's Eve - my dawr husband and i will be celebrating our wedding anniversary.
this year, we are re-stating our marriage vows in church. each year, we try to do something special for the night. so far, we have attended lancaster's first night parties, taken the lollipop excursion train from middletown to hummelstown, hand-fasted, and stayed at home.
each year, we remember the mis-adventure of our wedding. about 3 yrs before the event, we were told to that to have a millilum wedding we needed to make the reservations for everything at least 2 years in advance. so we made the reservations. we were constantly checking to make sure everything was ready to go and everyone said it was fine.
about 7 months before the event, we went to pay or put down a deposit as they suggested and found that everything all the reservations were cancelled. we did a lot of scambling and this is how we did it:
1. contacted a friend who happened to be a preacher -- he agreed to do it along with his superior at no charge.
2. had the reception and wedding at our home.
3. ordered deli plates and a sheet cake from the local grocery store
4. brought one-time-use cameras so all the guest could take pictures
5. got a cd for wedding music which included the wedding march
for a wedding of mis-adventures, it turned out to be an even that neither of will forget.