After long and careful consideration, I have come to the decision that it is time for Wolf Singer to move on.
There are many who will be happy at this news, I know, and that's okay. For those who may not be happy about this, however, you're more than welcome to visit my journal; you can even subscribe to it, if you'd like. You'll receive an email notification every time I post (which I do almost every day).
With regard to the Care2 Emergency Services group, please know that it will continue to operate as it has been from the start, including financially. I will be discussing the matter with the hosts so contributions can continue to be made and applied to members in true financial need. This is a very important group with a very important purpose, and as soon as proper arrangements can be made, the existing funds will be transferred to a new PayPal account (to be set up by whichever host takes over ownership of the group).
In the three years I've been a member of this site, I have watched many changes take place - some good, some not so good. Thanks to everyone I've met and interacted with here, I've been able to grow as a human being, and I've learned a lot about human nature and about how to live. I'm grateful for all of my experiences here - both positive and negative; without them, I wouldn't have learned the life lessons I needed to learn.
Until everything is taken care of, my profile page will remain visible. Once everything is done, however, I will be deleting my profile. So, if at some point you should find "Anonymous" beside my posts in groups where that option is not enabled, you'll know I've left.
I wish everyone happiness and wellness. It's been a real learning experience here on Care2, and I've appreciated being here. Take care, and thanks for taking the time to read this.
When I started Green Brooklyn in December 2006, I knew that I wouldn't be doing much promotion for the site, never mind advertising, and that I wouldn't even really have enough time to create content and links as much as I would like. I was busy starting my green communications consulting company...
If you ever wonder whether or not one person can make a difference, hopefully, the above article will help ease your mind.
We have powerful tools for change at our disposal here on Care2 Connect, thanks to the hard work of the Support and engineering teams, so if one person can make the kind of changes written about above, so can we.
Hi Hi Hi everyone! There's a lot to bring you up to date on, so let's just get started.
The Daily Action page has been revamped and updated. You can check it out here (link will open a new window).
The "Members 'Most Wanted' List" has been reviewed by the Care2 staff, and several of the requests you've made have been answered. Here's the last MMW list, including what's been done:
Members are requesting that
(1) the Support and engineering teams to fix existing bugs and glitches.
(2) we have an option to customize the My Connect page (choose themes - like we can do with our groups, profile pages, and blogs - and select which modules to display)
(3) we have the option to send e-cards, messages, and green stars directly from the "My Friends" list.
(4) we have choices to check off when sending green stars, so the recipient knows why they're getting the star. (e.g. "Thinking of you," "Great post in _____ group," "Thanks for the star," etc.)
(5) we have an optional questionnaire that can be filled out when people leave a group, for the purpose of providing feedback to the Group Hosts, so that they (Group Hosts) can gauge how well their group is working for their members.
(6) we have a "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) option in personal messaging (for privacy, and to help reduce and prevent spam)
(7) we have a direct e-card link to profiles
(8) we have the option to send more than one green star per week
(9) we have the option to send green stars to all friends at once, without having to click on each profile
(10) we have the ability to email friends directly from the Address Book in our email.
1. Increase default font size: Done! (Default is now 12pt [size 3])
2. Delete or edit own posts in groups: Done! (1-min. window to edit posts)
3. Group owners delete/transfer ownership of their groups: Done!
4. Hide sensitive groups from profiles: Done! (option to choose "private" in Visibility settings)
5. Group owners message/email group members only: Done! (Host Announcements and Group Email choices available)
6. Time/date stamps for Personal Messaging: Done!
7. Member Suggestion Box for "Click to Donate" site: Done!
8. Include name of Host in delete notices: Done!
9. Delete more than one post at a time in a thread: Done!
There are more requested features being developed, and bugs and glitches are being worked on, so please do stay tuned to for more updates. Subscribe via RSS to the Blogline and get updates as soon as they happen; just look for the orange icon near the top of the page.
For those who don't know, Frogloop is "Care2's non-profit online communications community." Created and powered by Care2, Frogloop provides information ranging from creating marketing strategies to organizing meet-ups. Frogloop also provides resources for non-profit marketers interested in reaching more people and garnering more private and public support. It's a great resource for people who want to either get connected or stay connected with Care2's non-profit efforts.
If you haven't visited Frogloop, yet, click this link (a new window will open). Take your time while you're there; there's a lot of information to pore over, and a lot of great blogs to read. Enjoy!
The engineers are hard at work all the time, and right now, they're working very hard to bring petition authors some much-needed and highly anticipated changes to the My PetitionSite page! There are changes coming to the Dashboard and other sections of the My PetitionSite pages, so if you want to learn more about it, click this link. (new window will open)
Have a great day and a fantastic weekend, everyone!
There are more bugs and glitches that have been ongoing for several months - and for some members, more than a year.
(2) option to customize the My Connect page (choose themes - like we can do with our groups, profile pages, and blogs - and select which modules to display)
(3) the option to send e-cards, messages, and green stars directly from the "My Friends" list.
(4) choices to check off when sending green stars, so the recipient knows why they're getting the star. (e.g. "Thinking of you," "Great post in _____ group," "Thanks for the star," etc.)
(5) an optional questionaire that can be filled out when people leave a group, for the purpose of providing feedback to the Group Hosts, so that they (Group Hosts) can gauge how well their group is working for their members.
(6) a "BCC" option in personal messaging (for privacy, and to help reduce and prevent spam)
(7) a direct e-card link to profiles
(8) the option to send more than one green star per week
(9) the option to send green stars to all friends at once, without having to click on each profile
(10) the ability to email friends directly from the Address Book in our email.
(11) groups which members host and/or co-host to be separated from the groups they don't host/co-host. (perhaps splitting the My Groups page would help?)
The Care2 Support and Engineering teams have been working very hard to resolve existing glitches and bugs. Some of these glitches have been resolved, but there are still some bugs being worked out, so please try to be patient while the engineers continue working to get everything up and running properly.
Should you find that features and tools aren't working, please fill out a Help Form and describe the problem in detail so the engineers can investigate. Make sure you include what you've done to correct things, too.
Thanks for taking the time to note this Most Wanted list, Care2, and thanks for working so hard to make things work properly for all of us.
I know this is overdue - heck, it seems as if the faster I go, the behinder I get...
I know many of you have been waiting to hear about what's going on with my newest grandchild, so here's the update:
Nikkita was released from the hospital yesterday, after spending all day and all night Sunday under a special UV lamp. Her color has improved a thousand per cent, and she's eating like a horse, now. Malika, the attending nurse, explained that there is still some jaundice left in Nikkita's system, but if she eats every two to three hours, her body will flush out what's left in no time.
I want to thank everyone who left comments for your prayers and your positive healing energies. I apologize for not updating you all sooner. I've also passed your comments along to my daughter, who also thanks you. Your caring and compassion has made a huge difference in the lives of our family...
In a few days we will be launching the Care2 Instant Messenger!
This feature is much anticipated by our members and we are excited for the release. Members will have the ability to communicate with other Care2 members instantly without downloading any additional software. Members will also be able to tell if their ‘IM buddies’ are online.
How do I get it?
There will be nothing to install. When you log into your Care2 account, you will be logged into Care2 Instant Messenger. All you need is Flash enabled in your browser.
How do I "IM" someone?
Look for the "I'm Online" icon () next to your friends’ names and avatars. This tells you your friend is online. Just click this... (CLICK TO READ MORE)
I am very sick. I woke up December 30th with a cold and a sore throat, and by New Year's Eve day, even though I didn't really talk (because my throat was sore), my voice was completely gone. I can type, but I can't talk. This means that if anyone calls to talk to me, I won't be able to respond - at least, not vocally.
I've been sucking back the Bengal Spice tea, NeoCitran, and Vitamin C (chewables, thankyouverymuch), and sleeping a lot. I'm hoping and praying that this virus (and a cold germ is a virus, in case you didn't know that) doesn't graduate to pneumonia. I really don't want to have to deal with the hallucinations pneumonia always seems to bring.
So, if you call during the day, you'll just have to leave a message on the answering machine. Or, you can email me, if you have my email address. Like I said, I can't talk with my mouth and vocal chords, but I can type. It's my head and chest that has the cold, not my fingers.
With regard to my groups, I'm afraid I'm going to have leave the bulk of the work to my wonderful Co-Hosts until I feel well enough to get back in to help out. I will be checking in off and on, but I don't know how much actual work I can get done; I'm really not feeling all that well...
While I'm offline, and as my health permits, I'll be working on a few ideas I've got on the back burner for the Blogline. The Blogline is for you, the community, so it needs to reflect that better than it has been. This new year is going to be a year of change, and one of the first things to change will be this blog.
Anyway, I just wanted you to know what's going on. If you don't see me around the boards a whole lot over the next little while, now you know why.