Hi Hi Hi everyone! There's a lot to bring you up to date on, so let's just get started.
The Daily Action page has been revamped and updated. You can check it out here (link will open a new window).
The "Members 'Most Wanted' List" has been reviewed by the Care2 staff, and several of the requests you've made have been answered. Here's the last MMW list, including what's been done:
Members are requesting that
(1) the Support and engineering teams to fix existing bugs and glitches.
(2) we have an option to customize the My Connect page (choose themes - like we can do with our groups, profile pages, and blogs - and select which modules to display)
(3) we have the option to send e-cards, messages, and green stars directly from the "My Friends" list.
(4) we have choices to check off when sending green stars, so the recipient knows why they're getting the star. (e.g. "Thinking of you," "Great post in _____ group," "Thanks for the star," etc.)
(5) we have an optional questionnaire that can be filled out when people leave a group, for the purpose of providing feedback to the Group Hosts, so that they (Group Hosts) can gauge how well their group is working for their members.
(6) we have a "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) option in personal messaging (for privacy, and to help reduce and prevent spam)
(7) we have a direct e-card link to profiles
(8) we have the option to send more than one green star per week
(9) we have the option to send green stars to all friends at once, without having to click on each profile
(10) we have the ability to email friends directly from the Address Book in our email.
1. Increase default font size: Done! (Default is now 12pt [size 3])
2. Delete or edit own posts in groups: Done! (1-min. window to edit posts)
3. Group owners delete/transfer ownership of their groups: Done!
4. Hide sensitive groups from profiles: Done! (option to choose "private" in Visibility settings)
5. Group owners message/email group members only: Done! (Host Announcements and Group Email choices available)
6. Time/date stamps for Personal Messaging: Done!
7. Member Suggestion Box for "Click to Donate" site: Done!
8. Include name of Host in delete notices: Done!
9. Delete more than one post at a time in a thread: Done!
There are more requested features being developed, and bugs and glitches are being worked on, so please do stay tuned to for more updates. Subscribe via RSS to the Blogline and get updates as soon as they happen; just look for the orange icon near the top of the page.
The poll for site improvements and changes here on Care2 has been set up, and as a community, you can make your voice heard. Please take a moment to visit the May Poll (link has been corrected; it will take you to the main page, where you will find the link that says "Take this poll!") created by Eccentric K., Host of the Care2 Cafe.
In a few days we will be launching the Care2 Instant Messenger!
This feature is much anticipated by our members and we are excited for the release. Members will have the ability to communicate with other Care2 members instantly without downloading any additional software. Members will also be able to tell if their ‘IM buddies’ are online.
How do I get it?
There will be nothing to install. When you log into your Care2 account, you will be logged into Care2 Instant Messenger. All you need is Flash enabled in your browser.
How do I "IM" someone?
Look for the "I'm Online" icon () next to your friends’ names and avatars. This tells you your friend is online. Just click this... (CLICK TO READ MORE)
For those of you who knew her, Rebecca Mayes - a.k.a. "Dungeon Lady" or "Auntie Becca" - was an amazing woman filled with love, compassion, caring, stubbornness, loyalty, honesty, and a sense of humor that could reduce people to tears when she unleashed it.
So, it is with an ocean of tears and a broken heart that I tell you that our beloved Dungeon Lady has left this life.
Rebecca will be deeply missed by those who knew and loved her, including me. I can't believe that this is happening - I keep thinking that this is just a misunderstanding, and that the Dungeon Lady is going to come into the groups and tell everyone it's a misunderstanding, and that she's alive and holding her own. I don't want to believe this is real!
But, while it is cold comfort for those of us who are left to try and cope with this shock, at least Rebecca is no longer suffering. She is free, now, from the burdens she endured in this life.
Walk in beauty, beloved friend. I will miss you, and I will never forget you...
Care2 S. Planned Site Maintenance Feb 1st & 3rd 5:24 PM
We will be performing routine site maintenance on Thursday, February 1st and Saturday, February 3rd. The site will be unavailable from approximately 9pm to 9:30pm PST on Thursday and 9pm to 9:45pm PST on Saturday.
The maintenance is primarily storage reconfigurations and performance enhancements. We will be moving member images to a higher capacity storage, as well as moving the session management infrastructure to improve site performance.
These infrastructure modifications will not impact any member data or photo galleries. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these short site down times.
Hi everyone! The Care2 Support and engineering teams have been hard at work, and they've brought in two new features for group hosts: Deleting multiple posts right from the thread, and a new Group Host Bulletin Board!
These two new tools are designed to make things easier and more efficient for Group Hosts, and they're both very easy to use. Feedback is requested and encouraged, so please use the links provided to give yours.
Care2 announced the surprise New Year's gift this afternoon at Care2 Feedback and Suggestions, in response to another member. Here's what they had to say:
Care2 S. 3:32 PM Yay! We are pleased to announce that our engineers were able to launch this feature today. You may access the feature from your group management console. It's labeled, "Delete".
Right now it's available to all basic & branded groups. The process for launching the feature on "premium" groups is a little more complicated but will be coming soon.
Sincerely, Care2 Support This is fantastic news for group owners. Now, instead of having to go to the time and trouble of contacting Care2, then waiting for them to do the deed, group owners who no longer want their groups, or who have tired of trying to keep "dead" groups alive, can simply delete the group themselves. Not only does this mean a lot to group owners, but it's also going to save a huge amount of time for Care2 Support staff, who are often busy trying to sort out glitches and plan new upgrades.
Thankyou so much for this new feature, Care2. Happy New Year!