There are a few things you need to know about, so let's just get right to it.
1. The Care2 Support team has a new staff member (link opens a new window), so please take a minute to pop over and welcome her. Michelle!
2. Care2 is currently conducting a poll about the Share Network, and your feedback is wanted. Please click this link (link opens a new window) to take the poll if you haven't already taken it. Then, visit the Care2 Sharebook (link opens a new window) and share your opinions.
3. There are a number of feature and tool requests being presented by members, so here is the updated Members' Most Wanted List:
Members are requesting that
(1) the Support and engineering teams to fix existing bugs and glitches.
(2) we have an option to customize the My Connect page (choose themes - like we can do with our groups, profile pages, and blogs - and select which modules to display)
(3) we have the option to send e-cards, messages, and green stars directly from the "My Friends" list.
(4) we have choices to check off when sending green stars, so the recipient knows why they're getting the star. (e.g. "Thinking of you," "Great post in _____ group," "Thanks for the star," etc.)
(5) we have an optional questionnaire that can be filled out when people leave a group, for the purpose of providing feedback to the Group Hosts, so that they (Group Hosts) can gauge how well their group is working for their members.
(6) we have a "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) option in personal messaging (for privacy, and to help reduce and prevent spam)
(7) we have a direct e-card link to profiles
(8) we have the option to send more than one green star per week
(9) we have the option to send green stars to all friends at once, without having to click on each profile
(10) we have the ability to email friends directly from the Address Book in our email.
(11) group owners can add more than four co-hosts
(12) the number of allowed characters in Introductions be increased
(13) an option to turn off invitations to groups be provided in the Notifications settings
(14) we have an option to organize photo albums with folders
Care2 Support and engineers are always working on site improvements and fixing existing bugs and glitches, so please do try to be patient, and do stay tuned to for more updates. Subscribe via RSS to the Blogline and get updates as soon as they happen; just look for the orange icon near the top of the page.
Many of you know I've been renovating my home, and that we were due to start painting the interior of our house today. Well, the boys (my boarders, who were supposed to start the work today) are nowhere to be found, and I have the feeling that if I wait for them, the work just won't get done.
So, for the next couple of weeks (and maybe even into the next couple of months), I'm not going to be around the site too much. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I don't have a lot of time to get it done before our vows-renewal ceremony and summer holidays.
I will be checking in to see how things are going, and I do get my messages forwarded to my email so that I can keep up with things, but I won't be posting too much. Which, of course, means that I'm going to be relying very heavily on my awesome Co-Hosts to keep things going.
I will try to keep everyone updated on how things are going via my personal journal; please feel free to visit me there. I will also be updating my Home Renos album as film gets developed (ohhh, yes; I'm taking pictures!), so you can see how things are progressing.
In a few days we will be launching the Care2 Instant Messenger!
This feature is much anticipated by our members and we are excited for the release. Members will have the ability to communicate with other Care2 members instantly without downloading any additional software. Members will also be able to tell if their ‘IM buddies’ are online.
How do I get it?
There will be nothing to install. When you log into your Care2 account, you will be logged into Care2 Instant Messenger. All you need is Flash enabled in your browser.
How do I "IM" someone?
Look for the "I'm Online" icon () next to your friends’ names and avatars. This tells you your friend is online. Just click this... (CLICK TO READ MORE)
Care2 S. Planned Site Maintenance Feb 1st & 3rd 5:24 PM
We will be performing routine site maintenance on Thursday, February 1st and Saturday, February 3rd. The site will be unavailable from approximately 9pm to 9:30pm PST on Thursday and 9pm to 9:45pm PST on Saturday.
The maintenance is primarily storage reconfigurations and performance enhancements. We will be moving member images to a higher capacity storage, as well as moving the session management infrastructure to improve site performance.
These infrastructure modifications will not impact any member data or photo galleries. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these short site down times.
2006 has been a year of challenge, and a tremendous opportunity for learning and growth. I feel very strongly that 2007 is going to be a year of great change, both in our personal lives, and globally. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every human being on this site for everything you do to make a positive difference in this world, and for continuing to fight for what you believe in, no matter how hard that fight has been.
On a personal note, I want to thank all the people who have sent me green stars, Christmas wishes, New Year wishes, Stickies, and little notes to let me know you're thinking about me. I know I haven't been very good at acknowledging your kindheartedness (sometimes, I just completely forget to say thanks), and that's something I know I need to work on. But I want you to know I've truly appreciated each and every gesture of kindness. When I'm feeling blue, or when I'm sick (like now - fighting a fever and a bad cold), I come and read all the notes you've left for me, and those notes just make my day so much brighter. I owe you all far more than I feel I can repay to you...
I want to wish each and every one of you a year filled with love, joy, and true and lasting peace and happiness. May your road rise to meet you, and may the wind be always at your back...
As another year draws to a close, we look back at the past twelve months and ask ourselves what we have accomplished. Some will look at personal achievements; others will look at how the world has changed (or remained the same). From deep within our hearts and minds, a part of us will be looking at this past twelve months with sorrow, for 2006 has been a year of death, chaos, and poverty peppered with only intermittent rains of life, peace, love, and contentment. War has dominated our lives in one form or another, creating a landscape of emotional, spiritual, and physical poverty in the lives of far too many.
But, for many of us, we'll be looking at the past twelve months with joy, for this has been a year in which the struggle to create peace has become more pronounced than ever before. For as much as it has cost in lives (and economics), the war in Iraq has driven home the need to stop the fighting and try to work out differences.
Because of the war in Iraq, people's eyes have been opened wider than ever before to the need to find a better way to live.
In a mere seven days, we will have the opportunity to start over. We will have a chance to wipe our personal life slate clean and start over. We will have a chance to make peace within ourselves, with our friends and family who have hurt us, and who we have hurt. But, why wait that long? Why not start making peace now?
It is with only love that I offer this Christmas message to you:
* Love is not jealous, or greedy, or uncompassionate. It is giving and understanding - and it begins within each and every one of us. Strive to manifest love within, and love will spread outwardly.
* War of any kind achieves nothing positive. It is but a means to establish control over another, at the price of human lives and hearts. Peace accepts and appreciates all differences, and does not require control over others; difference is what makes humanity unique. Strive to be more accepting of differences from within, and peace will begin to spread outwardly.
* Whether by circumstance or by choice, poverty of any kind is unnecessary. Strive to enrich your lives by serving others, and love will spread its healing power to a world in pain.
* Words have power. When spoken with the intensity of anger, what is wished for at that moment may come to pass. Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it.
* Love with all your heart. Waste not one moment of your life on negative emotions such as anger, greed, jealousy, or hate.
* Finally, listen to your heart and let your spirit guide you in the direction it wants you to go. If you do this - even when it means going against the dictates of society - you will discover true and lasting happiness, for Spirit leads us only in positive directions, never negative directions. If you would be truly happy, no matter what your physical circumstances, follow your spirit. This is the meaning of the adage, “To thine own self be true.”
From me and my family to you and yours, may the present and the future bestow upon you love, peace, and true and lasting happiness.