Oct 31, 2006
From Care2 Host Announcements:
Care2 strives to provide you with a rich variety of newsletters, calls to action, discussions, and other features over email. But, as many of you have pointed out, these messages don't always make it to your inboxes. So, we're launching a drive to clean up our database and make sure we deliver everything you ask for - and we need your help!
What's to be expected?
If our system has detected that emails to your account are bouncing, we'll let you know with a prompt to update your address. You may update it right away and you will not be prompted again unless your emails are bouncing at the new address. If it's a bad time, you have the option to select 'No Thanks' and you will not be prompted again for 24 hours.
If you are signing a petition and your signature information does not match what is in your account you will be given an opportunity to update your profile information to match your signature with a single click.
Henceforth, to keep your information up-to-date, we will be providing you with a bi-annual reminder o update your information. Changing your email address or selecting 'No Thanks' will silence the reminder for another six months.
Being prompted may be an indication that you have requested to receive mailings from us. If you wish to review your notification settings, we recommend that you check them here . You might also like to update your newsletter settings at this time too here.
The clean up is scheduled to begin tomorrow or the day after. If you have any questions, please join the discussion within Feedback & Suggestions called Newsletter and Alert Address Clean-up: Q & A.
Oct 31, 2006 9:56pm
Dec 8, 2005
|Here's the latest update on the Care2 members' "Most Wanted" list.
(1) Choice about what to see on the My Connect page (turn off/hide specific modules; choose whether to display all messages, blogs, etc. or ONLY blogs, messages, etc.)
(2) Customization of the My Connect page (to be able to use themes, like we can do with our groups, profile pages, and blogs)
(3) Options to delete or edit their own posts in groups (this has been a long-time request from members)
(4) Group owners to have the ability to delete or transfer their groups (this is an ongoing request. When will we have this ability? Or is this being worked on and we just don't know it yet?)
(5) An option to hide groups that are sensitive from their profile. Perhaps a button that says "Show" and "Hide" on our profile page?
(6) Group owners and/or Co-Hosts to have the option to email or netmessage group members only. This option would make it much easier for owners and Co-Hosts of large groups to stay in touch with their members, rather than having to discuss group business with the entire network. It would also save time: Group Hosts wouldn't have to search out email addresses or send Introductions to people who aren't on their Friends list.
(7) A larger or better-placed email alert. As it stands right now, the email alert in the top right corner of the "My Connect" page is all but invisible. Perhaps it could be placed more in the middle of the page, similar to how it was on the previous format?
(8) To have the "Create new topic" and "View all topics" moved - perhaps it could be returned to the bottom of the discussion list, where it was on the previous format? Accidentally clicking the "track all topics" link is annoying and irritating, and because the link size is so small, it's too easy to click that link instead of the "view all" link. Also, to move or enlarge the "Track all topics" link. It's too small, and it's too close to the "Show all" link.
(9) To have the option to send e-cards put into the list of "My Friends."
(10) Group Hosts to be able to include a reason for deleting a post, so the poster knows why their post was deleted.
(11) To have a few choices to check off when we send someone a green star, so the recipient knows why they're getting the star.
(12) To have a larger default font. This has been a long-time request from Care2 members, as there are many with impaired vision who have a great deal of trouble reading small fonts. Perhaps you could consider making the 3pt (size 12) font the default font?
(13) For the BETA areas on Friends lists and Group Members lists to be completed.
(14) An optional questionaire that can be filled out when people leave a group, for the purpose of providing feedback to the Group Hosts, so that they (Group Hosts) can guage how well their group is working for their members.
Thankyou for all that you've given us, and thanks for taking the time to keep up with these updated "Most Wanted" lists, Care2. I'm sure you're probably working on bringing in at least a few of these options, and we just aren't aware of that, yet.
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.
, tagging more
|SHARES FROM 'S NETWORK