After much discussion and consideration, Care2 has decided to remove the Recent Visitors section from group home pages. Many members expressed a definite dislike for and great concern about possible negative results with this feature, and it was decided that, for the time being, this new addition would be removed.
Care2 is planning to launch Phase Two of their site upgrades soon (they'll notify us when that's going to happen), and they're looking into changing the feature to make it more amenable to the community and to those who are group owners.
We have quite a lot to catch you up on, now that the Blogline is up and running again, so let's get to it.
Members "Most Wanted" List is as follows:
(1) Customization of the My Connect page (to be able to use themes, like we can do with our groups, profile pages, and blogs)
(2) Options to delete or edit their own posts in groups (this has been a long-time request from members)
(3) Group owners to have the ability to delete or transfer their groups, themselves
(4) An option to hide groups that are sensitive from their profile. (Perhaps a button that says "Show" and "Hide" on our profile page?)
(5) Group owners and/or Co-Hosts to have the option to email or netmessage group members only. This option would make it much easier for owners and Co-Hosts of large groups to stay in touch with their members, rather than having to discuss group business with the entire network. It would also save time: Group Hosts wouldn't have to search out email addresses or send Introductions to people who aren't on their Friends list. (*IN THE WORKS!)
(6) To have the option to send e-cards, messages, and green stars directly from the "My Friends" list.
(7) Group Hosts to be able to include a reason for deleting a post, so the poster knows why their post was deleted.
(8) To have a few choices to check off when we send someone a green star, so the recipient knows why they're getting the star. (e.g. "Thinking of you," "Great post in _____ group," "Thanks for the star," etc.)
(9) To change the default font size from 2(10pt) to 3(12pt). This has been a long-time request from Care2 members, as there are many with impaired vision who have a great deal of trouble reading small fonts.
(10) For the BETA areas on Friends lists and Group Members lists to be completed.
(11) An optional questionaire that can be filled out when people leave a group, for the purpose of providing feedback to the Group Hosts, so that they (Group Hosts) can guage how well their group is working for their members.
(12) Provide "BCC" option in personal messaging
(13) E-card link to profiles
(14) Resolve existing site problems before bringing in any more new features
(15) Time & date-stamping of personal messages
(16) Allow for more than one green star per week
(17) The ability to send green stars to all friends at once, without having to click on each profile
(18) Ability to use address book in email to send a message simply by clicking on a person's name
(NOTE: If you would like to add to this list, you can do so by opening a thread at The Care2 Main Lobby )
In case you didn't catch it (although you probably have by now ), there have been some changes to your profile page, one of which is the addition of a "Comments" section on the right sidebar. Groups you host are more streamlined now, and include the group picture, and the groups you're a member of are now (finally!) listed alphabetically.
Other changes to the site include:
* email verification - to prove you're you when you log onto the site