START A PETITION 25,136,189 members: the world's largest community for good
START A PETITION
x
Mar 21, 2012

The Little White Church On The Corner-Celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2008, East Chesterfield Christian Church welcomes you. We are located 5 miles outside the town of Lyons, in a beautiful rural setting. Sunday worship is at 9:oo am.Communion is held every Sunday. As is the custom of the Disciples of Christ, all who believe that Jesus Christ is the true Son of God whose death and resurrection gives us salvation from sin, are welcome to participate in the Lord's Supper. East Chesterfield Christian Church History It all started in 1857 when L.L.Carpenter and James Hadsell held meetings in the Maple Grove School house, then situated on the northwest corner of the Philip Roosfarmin Chesterfield Township. At times the services were held in the barn of the Roos home stead. In the following year, April 1858 the church was organized. The church at the onset was a strong one. There were 70 charter members. A few of the names were Mr. and Mrs. Philip Roos, George Roos, Mr. and Mrs. Levi Terry, Mrs. Sarah Wait Sheffield and her son Fred. A meeting was called by Rev. J.C. Goodrich for the purpose of organizing a society to build a meeting house. PlynHarden, James Onweller and J.P.Roos were appointed trustees, George Roos as treasurer. Seven years later in 1865 the house of worship was built. J.H.Turner and Albert Deyo were carpenters, Jerry and George Sheffield, Charles H.Stutesman and Chester Whelch, who were small boys, helped to raise the building. A site had been purchased from William Onweller Sr. for $50. The deed was written December 17, 1864. Turner and Deyo were to furnish a frame structure complete for $ 2300. Joseph Brown built it. The building was completed within contract time and was dedicated on December 21, 1865 as a house of worship. East Chesterfield was the only church in Chesterfield Township at the time. It is the oldest active Christian (Disciples of Christ) Church and one of the oldest church buildings in Fulton County. The church family has always be enclose and active. The Lord still has plans for this country church. The present members still have strong education and commitment in keeping our doors open. All are welcome.

Visibility: Everyone
Tags: , , , , ,
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:35pm
Mar 21, 2012

(1888PressRelease) The Little White Church On The Corner - Celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2008, East Chesterfield Christian Church welcomes you. We are located 5 miles outside the town of Lyons, in a beautiful rural setting. Sunday worship is at 9:oo am.

Communion is held every Sunday. As is the custom of the Disciples of Christ, all who believe that Jesus Christ is the true Son of God whose death and resurrection gives us salvation from sin, are welcome to participate in the Lord's Supper.

East Chesterfield Christian Church - History
It all started in 1857 when L. L. Carpenter and James Hadsell held meetings in the Maple Grove Schoolhouse, then situated on the northwest corner of the Philip Roos farm in Chesterfield Township. At times the services were held in the barn of the Roos homestead. In the following year, April 1858 the church was organized.

The church at the onset was a strong one. There were 70 charter members. A few of the names were Mr. and Mrs. Philip Roos, George Roos, Mr. and Mrs. Levi Terry, Mrs. Sarah Wait Sheffield and her son Fred.

A meeting was called by Rev. J. C. Goodrich for the purpose of organizing a society to build a meeting house. Plyn Harden, James Onweller and J. P. Roos were appointed trustees, George Roos as treasurer. Seven years later in 1865 the house of worship was built.

J. H. Turner and Albert Deyo were carpenters, Jerry and George Sheffield, Charles H. Stutesman and Chester Whelch, who were small boys, helped to raise the building. A site had been purchased from William Onweller Sr. for $50. The deed was written December 17, 1864.

Turner and Deyo were to furnish a frame structure complete for $2300. Joseph Brown built it. The building was completed within contract time and was dedicated on December 21, 1865 as a house of worship.

East Chesterfield was the only church in Chesterfield Township at the time. It is the oldest active Christian (Disciples of Christ) Church and one of the oldest church buildings in Fulton County.

The church family has always been close and active. The Lord still has plans for this country church. The present members still have strong dedication and commitment in keeping our doors open. All are welcome.

Visibility: Everyone
Tags: , , , , ,
Posted: Mar 21, 2012 9:21pm

 

 
 
Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of Care2.com or its affiliates.

Author

Paula Priscilla
, 0
Canada
Shares by Type:
All (10) | Blog (10)

Showing shares tagged with: japan [show all]
SHARES FROM PAULA'S NETWORK
No shares