Where Heart Shift Happens. Teaching the Science of Sustainable Health. What works for 7 future generations? "Do not go where the freeway may lead - Go instead where there is no path and build - A Green Road"
Dr. Jill Stein, a Green Party candidate for President speaks
Dr. Jill Stein, a Green Party candidate for President, at Occupy the Future in Los Angeles on 12/5/11.
From http://JillStein.org -- In this first video message from Jill Stein, the Green Party presidential candidate addresses the White House's recent agreements to violate the 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendments to the Constitution, to speed up the timetable on the Keystone Pipeline, and to eliminate the national health care standard. In the message, Dr. Stein says that, "I'm taking about real hope for deep change -- the kind that's breaking out all over. Because so many people like you are standing up and refusing to accept this unprecedented state of inequality, austerity and perpetual war that we're in. Instead, you are demanding the peaceful, just, green future we all deserve. And that's the real source of hope, not only for the holidays -- but for every day, going forward to a better future that's within our reach."
Did you know that there are more than 113,000 registered Greens in California? We welcome all who share the Green Vision. Join us in creating a new (non corporate owned) politics by registering Green Party, voting Green, and living more green.
Did you know that the Green Party accepts no corporate 'donations'? Why waste your vote on any other party?
"Let's take our democracy back from Wall Street ... We need new politics for the other 99% of America that doesn't collect a CEO's salary and drawing a fat paycheck ... Thank you Occupy Nation". See comment line for more information to be posted shortly!!
Please note news and sign up for the Green Party as YOUR party of choice. Make your voice heard.
WASHINGTON, DC -- Green Party leaders sharply criticized Democratic Party supporters online and in the media who have tried to turn the ongoing Occupy Wall Street, Occupy America, and October 2011 demonstrations across America into an appeal to vote Democrat and reelect President Obama in 2012.
The Green Party offers a platform for peace, economic security for working people, millions of new green jobs in conservation and clean energy development, an end to fossil fuel addiction, real steps for curbing global climate change and restoring the health of the planet, universal health care (Medicare For All), and reforms that would limit the power of corporations and restore the promise of participatory democracy and fair elections. Green candidates do not accept corporate money.
• Mark Dunlea, co-founder of the Green Party of New York State: "The Democratic Party does not speak for the Occupy Wall Street, Occupy America, and October 2011 protesters. No political party speaks for the protesters, not even the Green Party. The protesters speak for themselves. The Green Party has endorsed and joined the demos because we share the same frustration and anger as the other protesters. Greens are there because we bring alternative ideas like the Green New Deal. And we're there because we encourage the 99 percent -- We The People -- to organize, end pro-corporate two-party rule, and replace the politicians in public office who enabled Wall Street's theft of America's future. This can only happen through an independent alliance with the same diversity we're seeing at the protests: labor activists, Greens, progressives, anarchists, libertarians, nonvoters, disappointed Democrats and Republicans, and all others who want real change."
• Sanda Everette, co-coordinator of the Coordinating Committee of the Green Party of California: "If pro-Democrat web sites and the media believe that the message of the protests is 'Vote Democrat' and 'Reelect Obama' in 2012, they've missed the point. The current demonstrations became necessary after Election Day 2008, when too many liberal, progressive, and antiwar Democrats declared 'Mission Accomplished' with Barack Obama's election victory. The Democratic Party has proved itself as dedicated to Wall Street as the GOP. We look forward to more protests and direct action as the election season unfolds, especially during the 2012 Democratic and Republican conventions."
• Farheen Hakeem, Green candidate for the Minnesota State Senate in District 61 (http://www.farheenhakeem.org) and co-chair of the Green Party of the United States: "Say no to the parties of war and corporate money! That's our message to all Americans who are worried about the dangerous direction that the two Titanic Parties have steered our country. If the field of presidential candidates is limited to incumbent Obama and the Republican nominee after the primaries, then everything the Wall Street protesters are talking about will be erased from the election season debate and from the media. Hopes for a progressive challenge in the Democratic primaries are unrealistic. The challenger will inevitably be defeated by the Obama campaign juggernaut, which is already loaded with corporate campaign checks, and the challenger's supporters will find themselves muzzled, with the expectation that they'll vote Democrat."
• Terry Baum, Green candidate for Mayor of San Francisco (http://terryjoanbaum.com): "Barack Obama received more Wall Street money than any other candidate in US history. Instead of change, the Obama Administration gave us Phase 2 of the Bush-Cheney agenda: more Wall Street bailouts, more endless war, more offshore oil drilling and the dangerous Keystone XL pipeline, more mountaintop detonation mining. Instead of financial security for Americans, we got plans to slash Social Security and Medicare. We got minimal assistance for people facing home foreclosures and more crushing debt for college students. We got silence about the racist death penalty and record-high mass incarceration of young black, brown, and poor people in a greedy private prison system. We got a health care bill with mandates that are a direct public subsidy for the insurance industry (originally a Republican proposal), but no universal health care or controls for skyrocketing medical costs. We got impunity for Bush officials who authorized torture and other war crimes -- and more extraordinary rendition, more warrantless surveillance of US citizens, more erosion of due process, more persecution of whistleblowers, and even a secret presidential hit list of Americans targeted for assassination."
• Cheri Honkala, Green candidate for Sheriff of Philadelphia (http://www.cherihonkala.com) running on an anti-foreclosure platform, speaking at Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC on October 6: "What I'm doing is not symbolic. It's concrete and Bill and Aida and Glenn who's here with me today, like millions of people across this country are gonna lose their homes... unless you take this seriously and not just march about it, pray about it, and sing about it but help me fill every damn poll in Philadelphia where there's a birthplace of revolution and change... We can do this again in this country and take our country back!"
"The revelation by CNN that Norwegian right wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik kept a diary in which he obsessed about the dangers of cultural Marxism, multiculturalism, and the “Islamification” of Europe will remind many Americans of the tactics of our own right wing (only these themes have been taken up by people much more mainstream in the US than Breivik is in Norway!) The movement to ban the shariah, the castigation of a progressive income tax as “Marxist,” the condemnation of multiculturalism as a threat to Western values, are all themes commonly heard in the US Tea Party and in the right wing of the Israel lobbies." For the rest of the story, go to link above.
"In the manuscript Breivik describes his “mentor” as an Englishman he identifies as “Richard”, and says his journey into violent extremism began at a small meeting in London in 2002 where a group of like-minded extremists met to “reform” the Knights Templar Europe, a military group whose purpose was “to seize political and military control of western European countries and implement a cultural conservative political agenda,” reports the Guardian."
Faux News is widely known in the journalistic world of using outright propoganda techniques. So what are they, and how does this work?
"Using analysis techniques first developed in the 1930s by the Institute for Propaganda Analysis, Conway, Grabe and Grieves found that O'Reilly employed six of the seven propaganda devices nearly 13 times each minute in his editorials. His editorials also are presented on his Web site and in his newspaper columns. The seven propaganda devices include:
Name calling -- giving something a bad label to make the audience reject it without examining the evidence; Glittering generalities -- the opposite of name calling; Card stacking -- the selective use of facts and half-truths; Bandwagon -- appeals to the desire, common to most of us, to follow the crowd; Plain folks -- an attempt to convince an audience that they, and their ideas, are "of the people"; Transfer -- carries over the authority, sanction and prestige of something we respect or dispute to something the speaker would want us to accept; and Testimonials -- involving a respected (or disrespected) person endorsing or rejecting an idea or person. The same techniques were used during the late 1930s to study another prominent voice in a war-era, Father Charles Coughlin. His sermons evolved into a darker message of anti-Semitism and fascism, and he became a defender of Hitler and Mussolini. In this study, O'Reilly is a heavier and less-nuanced user of the propaganda devices than Coughlin." See link for MUCH MORE EVIDENCE... Source; http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/5535.html
Another very specific example of yet another Faux News host using Tea Party type tactics and speech;
"It’s a surreal scene: Glenn Beck, all alone on a TV set flooded with a low, blue light. He’s surrounded by an array of chalkboards; like mirrors in a haunted house, they reflect the many, many fears of the chubby, baby-faced excuse for a man who was once the rising star at Fox News. Words like Marxism, socialism, Islamism, political correctness and George Soros cover the boards. Beck circles a word here and there as he rants about the Communist/Islamist/UN caliphate that will soon engulf the Western World. The mind of Glenn Beck is a terrifying place" Source; http://www.middleburycampus.com/2011/03/03/the-mind-of-glenn-beck/
.......................................................................................... NY Times poll reveals Fox News' influence on tea partiers A New York Times poll has revealed that a majority of "Tea Party supporters" named Fox News as the television network they "watch most for information about politics and current events." It should come as little surprise then that the tea party supporters polled also held positions that reflect misinformation pushed by Fox News on a variety of topics including socialism and the federal budget deficit. http://mediamatters.org/research/201004150062
"If the presidential election were to be held this November instead of in 2012, odds are that the Republican contender would be employed by Fox News. That's because, as Politico reported Monday, except for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, "Fox News now has financial deals with every major potential Republican presidential candidate not currently in elected office." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/27/gop-candidates-fox-news_n_740630.html
What other 'news' organization do you know that hires Presidential candidates, OF ANY PARTY? Oddly enough, this 'fair and balanced' 'news' organization ONLY HIRES TEA PARTY type Presidential candidates, slants all news to be corporate friendly, promotes ONLY local TEA PARTY meetings, and then convinces people watching that it is 'fair and balanced' while doing this, using outright propoganda techniques..
Description: Grows up to
10 feet with wide hairy
leaves that grow to 12
inches in width.Large
flowers in summer white
and pink in the wild and
purple, red or yellow in
Uses: Use fresh flowers
and leaves as a diuretic
and to help with...
Success consists of going
from failure to
failurewithout loss of
not the same as just
being excited.One gets
excited about going on a
about creating and
building a r...
For much of the past 10
primarily in the United
States and Europe, have
been reporting annual
hive losses of 30 percent
or higher, substantially
more than is considered
normal or sustainable.
But this winter, many
U.S. beekeepers e...