Where Heart Shift Happens. Teaching the Science of Sustainable Health. What works for 7 future generations? "Do not go where the freeway may lead - Go instead where there is no path and build - A Green Road"
Sadly, President Obama is probably going to end with a war legacy the likes of which have never been seen before in history. Assuming he is elected again, he will have spent 5 TRILLION DOLLARS on war.
The resistance to the military industrial complex is nil. Both the Senate and House is pro military, pro war, forever and ever, even in the depths of what I would call either a very deep recession or a depression.
The US each year, spends what the total rest of the world spends on their militaries. China only spends 80 Billion per year, while the US spends around 1.4 TRILLION, (including hidden costs and secret programs).
President Obama promised to end the wars and bring the troops home. Instead, he sent 60,000 MORE troops, and increased the number of wars, by expanding into Pakistan, Yemen, and other countries via drones and secret CIA assassination programs. The problem is that this did not happen. He changed the name of the troops to 'Transitional' troops, and he keeps talking about bringing them home, but somehow, it never happens. Votes for more war, more war funding and increases in war spending keep on happening.
The private contractor army is twice the size of the the military boots on the ground. These private mercenaries are not subject to oversight, control or military command structure. They do what they want, when they want, and how they want to.
Following is some humor, which often contains more truth than humor.. Warning; rude and crude language, no suitable for children.
The history of the US war machine and how it works, back to Panama, implemented by the private industrial military complex, operating behind the scenes, and pulling all of the strings, including all political leaders of BOTH parties. This is what Eisenhower warned us against.
No More Due Process: Just 'Targeted Killings' By George Venturini
"President Obama has surpassed his predecessor in his plans to assassinate American citizens - repugnant in their behaviour as much as one may see them but entitled to their constitutional rights and, instead, killed - without charge, without due process". http://www.countercurrents.org/venturini131011.htm
Where have we come from, and were are we headed? Eisenhower talks about the downside of a permanent military establishment, which is new to the American scene, historically speaking.
On Monday, CREDO CEO Michael Kieschnick, Political Director Becky Bond, campaigner Josh Nelson, and I were arrested in front of the White House for protesting the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.
More than 700 people have been arrested since daily sit-ins began on August 20th, and over 185,000 CREDO members have signed our petition to President Obama asking him to reject this project.
This is a crucial test for the President — to see how far we will go in our use of destructive fossil fuels; if he will dig us in deeper, at greater and greater cost, or if he will stand up, and just say no to reject the madness of this project. It is his decision.
On Saturday at a rally in front of the White House, our petition will be delivered to the President. More than 1,000 people will have been arrested by then and after two weeks of protests, the White House is going to take special notice of this petition.
We need your name to be on it, too. Can you add your signature to help reach 200,000 signers?
That's what climate scientist James Hansen calls the proposed Keystone XL pipeline — which would carry oil out of Canada's vast tar sands oil fields to Texas, where it will be refined, then burned across the globe, dealing a catastrophic blow to our chance of returning earth to a stable climate.
This project requires a presidential permit to start building — and it is President Obama's decision alone to grant or deny that permit. He will make the decision as soon as September.
The Alberta tar sands are a carbon bomb. The 3rd largest oil field in the world, the difficult extraction and transportation of the tar sands oil ultimately produces up to three times the carbon emissions of traditional oil. (And extreme environmental devastation along the way.)1
The Keystone XL pipeline is the fuse to this bomb — a highway to swift consumption of this dirty, dangerous crude. As if that wasn't enough, it poses a massive spill risk in the six states along the pipeline route, including over the Ogallala Aquifer which provides up to 30% of our nation's agricultural water.
The administration's previous decisions on climate do not inspire confidence that they will deny the permit. Just last week, the administration approved offshore oil drilling in the Arctic. They have opened vast new areas to coal mining, and late last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton even said that she was "inclined" to approve Keystone XL.
But President Obama still has the final word. He does not have to negotiate with Congress or industry. As his State Department reviews the permit, the decision — which could have a devastating impact on the livability of our nation, and our world — is entirely in his hands.
We've lost too many climate fights already. We need a massive, historic show of pressure to make sure we don't lose this one. Please sign the petition and read below for other ways to get involved.
Greens: Obama has joined the GOP war against working people with his announced intention to roll back Social Security and Medicare
• Agreement with Republicans would gut key protections for Americans, push retirement savings in the Wall Street casino, and will mean "work till you die" for many working people; it's time for the 'Green New Deal' and a voters' revolt against both parties, say Green Party leaders
• Green Party's 2011 Annual National Meeting / New York Green Fest, Aug. 5-7 in Alfred, New York http://nygreenfest.org
WASHINGTON, DC -- Green Party leaders warned that President Obama and Democratic leaders will betray the American people if they agree with Republicans to cut Social Security and Medicare, and demanded that such cuts be taken off the table.
• Holly Hart, secretary of the Green Party of the United States: "There are ways other than cutting Social Security and Medicare to end the federal deficit -- ending the three wars, sharply reducing the military budget, raising taxes on the wealthy. A modest raise in the contribution cap for the highest income brackets would keep Social Security solvent. Social Security and Medicare are accounts separate from the federal budget -- they play no part in the deficit crisis. But President Obama, compromising with congressional Republicans and fulfilling his own ambition to 'restructure entitlements', has signaled his willingness to roll back the protections that his party passed in the 1930s and 1960s to give working Americans their financial security and prosperity since the mid 20th century, saving millions of people from financial destitution. The President's deal, which we can count on Democratic leaders in Congress to support, may compel people to gamble their retirement savings in the Wall Street casino. And pushing back the eligibility age will be a 'work till you die' sentence for many Americans, including Black people, the poor, and others with statistically shorter life spans."
• Jason Nabewaniec, co-chair of the Green Party of the United States: "It's time for a voters' revolt against both Democrats and Republicans. President Obama's compromise shows he has joined the GOP war against working people. There is no longer any reason to make excuses for Mr. Obama and his fellow Democrats. There is no reason to vote for 'the lesser of two evils' if the lesser evil is so willing to cooperate with the greater evil against the rest of us.
Two-party politics is more than a flaw in our democracy. It's a disaster that can only be solved by removing Democrats and Republicans from office and replacing them with Green candidates. Greens accept no corporate money and are committed to maintaining and strengthening Social Security, and to expanding Medicare to cover everyone. Mr. Obama's likely Social-Security/Medicare deal with the GOP is proof that the Green Party is an imperative for the 21st century. If the deal is accepted, it will be time for people to gather in protest in Washington, DC, and throughout the US just as people protested in Wisconsin when Gov. Walker threatened public sector workers and union organizing rights."
• Farheen Hakeem, co-chair of the Green Party of the United States: "It's no longer accurate to say we have two parties running the country. We have a single party with an extremist wing called the Republican Party and a slightly less extremist wing called the Democratic Party, both of which have made service to Wall Street and other powerful corporate elites their top priority. Most Americans don't want to see Social Security or Medicare reduced -- but most Americans don't contribute huge campaign checks. Unlike corporations, thanks to the Supreme Court's 'Citizens' United' decision, most Americans don't run endless campaign ads."
• Howie Hawkins, Green candidate for Common Councillor of Syracuse, New York and 2010 Green candidate for Governor of New York: "If MoveOn.org and environmental activist Van Jones believe that America's future should be in the hands of Democrats, they're as deluded as Tea Partiers who want a Republican future. President Obama's planned raid on Social Security and Medicare tops off the list of capitulations and betrayals since taking office: escalation of the Afghanistan War and air assaults on Pakistan; a third war, on Libya, in violation of the War Powers Act; continued warrantless wiretapping of US citizens, harassment of whistleblowers, and other legal abuses; plans to build more nuclear power plants, with taxpayers' money, even in the wake of the Fukushima disaster in Japan; plans for more offshore oil drilling despite the BP disaster; a health care reform bill designed mainly to enrich insurance companies, with mandates to purchase private coverage and no reductions in medical costs; embrace of the myth of 'clean coal' and no interference in destructive, poisonous mountaintop removal mining... The list goes on and on, even surpassing President Clinton's fulfillment of GOP agenda."
• George Carlin, nonpartisan comedian and social critic (1937-2008): "The word bipartisan means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out."
"In a lengthy opening segment, Jon Stewart took on "birthers" last night, mocking their internal leadership and the media figures and politicians who support them. If you don't know by now (which is totally possible as a rational adult who does not engage with the lunatic fringe) "birthers" think that our president is not an American citizen, but instead a citizen of Kenya, who, through a massive government and familial conspiracy, tricked the American people into electing him."
Mostly everyone wants
vibrant, smooth skin, but
did you know that many
that a new study says
could be harming marine
life? The research,
aÂ team of
researchers from Plymouth
public has voted to write
a same-sex marriage ban
into the country’s
what’s next for
equal partnership rights
in the country? Over the
weekend it emerged that
around 65% of
Uploaded on Dec
17, 2010 Raised on a
wildlife reserve in
Garrett was interested in
the dietary habits of the
farm animals. After the
growing sprawling annual,
with weak stems that grow
up to 18 in and small
stalked oval yellow
leaves. Bears tiny white
flowers at any time.
Uses: Use young stems
and leaves fresh or
dried. Fed to
The Hag is the crone
aspect of the triple
goddess in the Faery
tradition. She represents
the Spirit of Night, the
Earth in Winter. Like her
partner the Winter King,
she is more androgynous
than her summer
She is described as an
The biggest adventure you
can take isto live the
life of your dreams.-
challenge before us is to
savor the unknownand
delight in the taste of
possibility.- Mary Anne
Radmacher Face your fears
and doubts, and new
worlds will open to ...
Â Quote: DID
YOU SEE THIS? It is one
of the most remarkable
stories I’ve ever
heard. This guy was found
in a sunken boat at the
bottom of the Atlantic
Ocean, 3 DAYS after the
boat he was in sank!
A Sheep No More
Kills 100 Million People
Deflects All Blame”
Consider this a history
lesson. At the time, it
was an experiment in
attrition and public
gullibility, and both