12 Signs Your Cat Is Cheating on You
Editor’s note: This post is a Care2 favorite. It was originally published on August 28, 2013. Enjoy!
Think your cat might be cheating? Here are 12 tell tale warning signals that should raise the reg flag:
1. He Comes Home Late – If your puss is normally curled up on the end of your bed by 9 but recently he’s started rolling in around 11/12, you might want to start asking questions.
2. He Smells of Perfume – If you can smell another woman’s perfume on your kitty when he comes through the cat flap, chances are he’s a cheater. Even if he’s tried to cover it up through vigorous licking, your senses know things and he’s not fooling anyone.
3. He’s Not Interested in Snuggling – One minute he’s the snuggliest cat in the world, the next he barely even looks in your direction. If your cat is playing and getting his fill of cuddles elsewhere, then that would explain his sudden lack of physical contact.
4. You Find an Unexplained Hair on His Coat – So you’re carrying out his regular grooming routine and you chance upon a long blonde hair clinging to his coat. Problem is you’re a brunette and so is everyone else in the household.
5. He’s Being Extra Secretive – You’ve noticed a sudden change in his behavior and he’s acting much more secretive then he ever used to be. He often chooses to go in the bathroom when you’re in the kitchen and the majority of the time you have no clue of his whereabouts.
6. He’s Getting Fatter – You haven’t been giving him any extra food but he’s piling on the pounds and is looking bigger than ever. The only logical explanation is that he’s been over indulging at someone else’s house.
7. He Pays an Unusual Amount of Attention to His Appearance – If up until now your puss hasn’t paid much attention to his appearance, but all of a sudden he’s spending an excessive amount of time grooming himself, he may be seeing someone behind your back.
8. He’s Got Lipstick on His Collar – You bent down to kiss him on the head and were taken aback when you spotted a big lipstick smudge on his collar. You haven’t kissed him around the neck recently and you certainly wouldn’t wear such a cheap and nasty color.
9. He Avoids Eye Contact – Lately you’ve noticed that he’s been avoiding eye contact and acting shady, come to think of it you can’t even remember the last time he made direct eye contact with you. That’s a surefire sign of a two-timing kitty.
10. He’s Always Out – He used to be an indoor cat that showed little to no interest in going out but now he’s out all day, and you know for a fact that he isn’t hanging out with his friends as you see them splayed out in the same spot every day and he’s nowhere to be seen.
11. He Frequently Picks Fights – You’re both sitting watching TV and everything seems to be just fine and then out of nowhere he decides to nip you when you reach for the remote…and it’s not the first time either. Picking a fight with you for no reason gives him an excuse to get mad and storm out of the house and thus the opportunity to meet his ‘secret carer.’
12. He Starts Giving You A Lot More Gifts – Before you were lucky to get a dead mouse once in a blue moon but these days they’re showing up all over the house. These ‘guilt gifts’ are most likely the cause of a guilty conscience and showering you with gifts makes him feel better.
Is your kitty guilty of any of these 12 tell tale signs? What gave the game away?